Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155514 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread (M)
      Reply #1150: Feb 09, 2023 09:22:55 pm
      Demands of fatherhood. He's a multi millionaire with a baby....Its not like he's worked on the docks for 40 odd years and brought 6 kids up.

Hmmm. Ok. Because only 60 year old dockworkers with 6 kids have a challenging fatherhood experience. Sound.

I've raised two boys. When they were just born, there wasn't much else going on that I cared about besides attending to them and hanging out with them and their well being. It was a pretty big adjustment. Just because someone's a footballer doesn't change the life change that having a kid is.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1151: Feb 09, 2023 09:27:43 pm
      Hmmm. Ok. Because only 60 year old dockworkers with 6 kids have a challenging fatherhood experience. Sound.

I've raised two boys. When they were just born, there wasn't much else going on that I cared about besides attending to them and hanging out with them and their well being. It was a pretty big adjustment. Just because someone's a footballer doesn't change the life change that having a kid is.

He’s probably got a nanny mate, I doubt millionaire footballers have the same issues as mere mortals of waking up middle of the night, getting the milk warmed up, changing nappies etc.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1152: Feb 09, 2023 09:38:53 pm
      He’s probably got a nanny mate, I doubt millionaire footballers have the same issues as mere mortals of waking up middle of the night, getting the milk warmed up, changing nappies etc.

Maybe, but there's an emotional aspect of having a newborn baby. Not every dad wants to just hand the kid off and go about their business. I personally thought it was the greatest thing to ever happen to me and I was enamored with being a dad, more so than doing my actual job at the time. Just saying, there could be a focus issue at play there that maybe works itself out as he gets older. Maybe not, who knows, not sure why everyone is so dead set on dismissing that possibility. It would benefit us if it was something like that where he'd maybe regain form and focus again. Cause the alternative is that he's just turned into a worn out sh*t footballer.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #1153: Feb 09, 2023 10:00:24 pm
      One of my favourite players in the Klopp era but he honestly looks totally f*cked and is playing like a 37 year old. I wonder if it is another drawback of not having sufficiently good cover in midfield; the ones already there get run into the ground, which causes problems in subsequent seasons when they are harder to fix. Fingers crossed it's just the kid. Imagine if they have a second. Will he age another 10 years, may as well start his coaching badges.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1154: Feb 09, 2023 11:01:44 pm
      Maybe, but there's an emotional aspect of having a newborn baby. Not every dad wants to just hand the kid off and go about their business. I personally thought it was the greatest thing to ever happen to me and I was enamored with being a dad, more so than doing my actual job at the time. Just saying, there could be a focus issue at play there that maybe works itself out as he gets older. Maybe not, who knows, not sure why everyone is so dead set on dismissing that possibility. It would benefit us if it was something like that where he'd maybe regain form and focus again. Cause the alternative is that he's just turned into a worn out sh*t footballer.
      Your love for your child(ren) is commendable, you are blessed....I wasn't trying to suggest for a minute that F. isn't 100% emotionally attached to his newborn infant....Besides he was playing like a bag of sh*te well before the happy day.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1155: Feb 10, 2023 10:03:04 am

I get all that but physically I find it odd why his legs would have fallen off 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1156: Feb 10, 2023 01:08:55 pm
      I get all that but physically I find it odd why his legs would have fallen off 🤷‍♂️

Oh yea, definitely not saying that. Just saying he might be clocking out a little early mentally. I'm hoping that's all it is and it's not him actually physically breaking down.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1157: Feb 10, 2023 01:10:35 pm
      Your love for your child(ren) is commendable, you are blessed....I wasn't trying to suggest for a minute that F. isn't 100% emotionally attached to his newborn infant....Besides he was playing like a bag of sh*te well before the happy day.

That is a good point. But a pregnancy lasts about 10 months total with at least 3 or 4 possibly being pretty stressful depending on circumstances. Admittedly I'm probably grasping at straws a bit. More or less I'm hoping it's something like that where he will settle and adjust and snap out of it. Not sure how much I believe that's the case though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1158: Feb 10, 2023 02:59:32 pm
      Bullshit. The guy is only 29yo. You look at a player like Casemiro who in his last 3 seasons at Real averaged more than 40 games a season between league and CL and has had no problem playing. Fabinho over the same time period averaged 10 fewer games and he's burned out?

Older players like Kroos and Modric have both averaged more games than Fabinho over the past few season and they're still playing every day as they fight for another title.

F***ing hell are you trying to compare the intensity of the Premier League with La Liga?

Think that through first as to why Fabinho is knackered compared to Kroos and Modric!!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1159: Feb 10, 2023 03:43:05 pm
      The guy who's form seems to have fallen the most.
      Haven't heard 'the baby' factor used before, at least for a long time, presume a lot of players have kids and can still pass and tackle.

Just hope eventually things start falling back into place for him, on his day he's exactly the type of player we miss the most right now in middle.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1160: Feb 18, 2023 08:08:03 pm
      Thought did well in Jordiland today, got his tackles in, used the ball well, starting to get back some form, long may it continue ..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #1161: Feb 18, 2023 09:07:08 pm
      Best he's played all season
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1162: Feb 18, 2023 09:23:17 pm

Literally the best post I've seen all season. Didn't see the game but an in form Fab = in form Liverpool.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1163: Feb 19, 2023 03:20:44 am
      Like the fellas above have said, he played his beat game in sometime today. We need him to play like that if we're gonna get top 4. I think Bajetic really does compliment his style and helps to relieve some of the pressure
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1164: Feb 19, 2023 11:35:52 am
      I thought his best game so far all season was City at home!! His tackling is still a bit mis-timed though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1165: Feb 21, 2023 09:55:43 pm
      The second he was outmuscled by F***ing Modric for that 5 th goal, he was done for me as a Liverpool player!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1166: Feb 21, 2023 10:18:01 pm
      I thought he started well but the confidence in some players is just so fragile they go into hiding at the first sign of trouble.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1167: Feb 26, 2023 05:00:27 pm
      Could do with his missus throwing her boots on, probably give us more a shift in midfield at the moment.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1168: Feb 26, 2023 05:41:16 pm
      Don't recall seeing a player form fall as bad between seasons as we are seeing with Fabinho. I figured he would be part of the transition into the new midfield, but watching him play out there is painful. Always seems to be a step behind, picks up yellow cards non-stop and loses a lot of 50/50 battles in the middle.

Players do have bad seasons and can bounce back but man as I keep watching him slog around the field it tough to think he can bounce back.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1169: Mar 07, 2023 09:08:21 pm
      Thought he was good on Sunday. How are we feeling about him now and going forward?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1170: Mar 07, 2023 10:34:09 pm
      Thought he was good on Sunday. How are we feeling about him now and going forward?

Yeah he played pretty well. No doubt Jürgen'll be watching him closely over the rest of the season.

It's a tricky one though, cos even if he shows that he just had a dip in form and is still up to it, the depth of that dip was such that you'd be worried about it happening again. Would we want to chance it with him and only, say, Bajcetic as a back up? Could be a tough call for Jürgen. But it'll only be a tough call if Fab shows good form for the rest of the season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1171: Mar 08, 2023 03:31:12 am
      Yeah he played pretty well. No doubt Jürgen'll be watching him closely over the rest of the season.

It's a tricky one though, cos even if he shows that he just had a dip in form and is still up to it, the depth of that dip was such that you'd be worried about it happening again. Would we want to chance it with him and only, say, Bajcetic as a back up? Could be a tough call for Jürgen. But it'll only be a tough call if Fab shows good form for the rest of the season.

It may still be best to sell him in the summer, even if his form continues to improve. I expect two first team midfielders to be acquired in the summer, whether or not one of them is Bellingham (I think one will be). I do not expect Bajcetic to primarily be a #6. He can play there but I think he is better as a #8 in our system.

But for us to qualify for Champions League football, our chances are much better if Fabinho is playing well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1172: Mar 08, 2023 09:15:54 am

Getting back to his best.

Like all humans, sometimes tings are just sh1te, but hes working thru it, like the whole squad are.

Quick Reply