Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Karius Death Threats

Read 3687 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Karius Death Threats
      May 29, 2018 12:55:29 pm
      First, I want to say I am insane and angry with Karius's fuckups during the most Important game in recent history. I agree that change is needed and he should not be in a Liverpool top next season. If we are to win trophies we MUST get a new keeper.

But, to threaten his life or his family is unacceptable and should not be tolerated by anyone especially the supporters of this club. We support a club that knows first hand the difference between sport and losing a life because of a match. Karius fu**ed up. But it was not intentional. I saw a man who was shattered walking off that pitch and he he still had the balls and strength to walk to the visitors section and applaud them. That takes balls and because of that he deserves respect.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Karius Death Threats
      Reply #1: May 29, 2018 01:42:02 pm
      First, I want to say I am insane and angry with Karius's fuckups during the most Important game in recent history. I agree that change is needed and he should not be in a Liverpool top next season. If we are to win trophies we MUST get a new keeper.

But, to threaten his life or his family is unacceptable and should not be tolerated by anyone especially the supporters of this club. We support a club that knows first hand the difference between sport and losing a life because of a match. Karius fu**ed up. But it was not intentional. I saw a man who was shattered walking off that pitch and he he still had the balls and strength to walk to the visitors section and applaud them. That takes balls and because of that he deserves respect.

100% agree, the death threats are just cruel and way way over the top. If you want to make death threats make them at that c**t Ramos who deliberately hurt Mo not a goalkeeper who had a nightmare of a game mostly because he is way out of his comfort and ability zone.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2: May 29, 2018 01:47:41 pm

Bellends & retards on Twitter, they're best ignored!!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3: May 29, 2018 04:46:34 pm
      Unfortunately i am not surprised. There are a lot of degenerates out there.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #4: May 29, 2018 04:58:39 pm
      The death threats have been dealt with by relevant authorities, so rest assured that Loz and his family are being looked after. I'm pretty sure that the club will do anything possible to protect Loz and his family, too. If anything happen to him or his family due to those mistakes and the club didn't offer enough protection, then we're f*ck*d, who will dare to play for us in the future?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: May 29, 2018 04:58:47 pm
      Unfortunately i am not surprised. There are a lot of degenerates out there.

I found it funny reading tweets from Evertonians getting all moralistic about it, that'll be the same cu*ts that once sent a bullet in the post to their Welsh goalkeeper Neville Southall!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6: May 29, 2018 04:59:39 pm
      The death threats have been dealt with by relevant authorities, so rest assured that Loz and his family are being looked after. I'm pretty sure that the club will do anything possible to protect Loz and his family, too. If anything happen to him or his family due to those mistakes and the club didn't offer enough protection, then we're f*ck*d, who will dare to play for us in the future?

Nothing will happen though, little boys and trolls with too much time on their hands.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7: May 29, 2018 05:12:40 pm
      Reported a few of these fuckwits on twitter
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8: May 29, 2018 07:44:19 pm
      quite simply if you are stupid enough to post threats on line then you should be treated accordingly . These people need locking up its the only way to deter them and I am sure Karius knows by now as part of the Anfield family he doesn't have to say sorry just come back and put all these morons and detractors back in their boxes.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #9: May 29, 2018 08:46:40 pm
      Criminal investigations are ongoing apparently.

Should all be held accountable for their words.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: May 29, 2018 08:51:36 pm
      Karius should be held accountable for his mistake but all who threaten should all be held accountable for their words.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: May 29, 2018 10:36:09 pm
      their is no more brutal punishment than that which is self inflicted he has probably had the worst days of his life he doesn't need reminding of it by people he thought were Liverpool fans.
      +10
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #12: May 29, 2018 10:36:40 pm
      Karius should be held accountable for his mistake but all who threaten should all be held accountable for their words.

You can guarantee Karius holds himself more accountable than anyone else could.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13: May 29, 2018 10:39:56 pm
      their is no more brutal punishment than that which is self inflicted he has probably had the worst days of his life he doesn't need reminding of it by people he thought were Liverpool fans.

Well said Walt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #14: May 29, 2018 11:29:43 pm

We are supposed to believe they are Liverpool supporters.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: May 30, 2018 02:08:40 am
      I know this is technical and all these fucktards that wrote sh*t are despicable, but can I can ask a question just for my own clarity.

I only saw a few posts where they were saying hope you die, blah blah blah but isn't a threat more like, " I'm going to kill you"?

That's what I classify as a death threat not what these wankers have written.

And again before some of you jump down my throat, nothing should have been written in the first place and I don't condone it but my first thought when the final whistle went was, I wanna kill him, figuratively speaking of course!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #16: May 30, 2018 09:24:01 am
      Everybody on here probably knows at least one crank in their personal sphere of life.

Multiply that by the millions of fans LFC have on social media and there's your answer of why this happens.  Always will. 

Might be an idea for the social platforms to just get on with dealing with it and the media to stop giving these people oxygen IMHO.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: May 30, 2018 10:08:31 am
      I know this is technical and all these fucktards that wrote sh*t are despicable, but can I can ask a question just for my own clarity.

I only saw a few posts where they were saying hope you die, blah blah blah but isn't a threat more like, " I'm going to kill you"?

That's what I classify as a death threat not what these wankers have written.

And again before some of you jump down my throat, nothing should have been written in the first place and I don't condone it but my first thought when the final whistle went was, I wanna kill him, figuratively speaking of course!

As far as I understand it there were some specific "I will kill you and your family" tweets, threatening not just him but his child as well which is so bang out of order and makes me very angry
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #18: May 30, 2018 02:58:52 pm
      As far as I understand it there were some specific "I will kill you and your family" tweets, threatening not just him but his child as well which is so bang out of order and makes me very angry

Anyone "old" enough to remember the 1994 assassination of a Colombian footballer after his own goal during the USA WC? That was shocking!!!
      Anyway, I'm glad that Liverpool isn't anything like Medellin during that time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19: May 30, 2018 03:56:13 pm
      Anyone "old" enough to remember the 1994 assassination of a Colombian footballer after his own goal during the USA WC? That was shocking!!!
      Anyway, I'm glad that Liverpool isn't anything like Medellin during that time.

Andrés Escobar
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: May 30, 2018 05:05:56 pm
      SUB-HUMAN f***in IDIOTS !!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: May 30, 2018 07:51:07 pm

I was far from happy at the end of the match. I had a lot of anger Ramos inspired .

However ... it is a game. I know what Shankly said and we often quote him

Death threats are sick and the people who spout them should be put down themselves.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #22: May 30, 2018 07:55:44 pm
      Shankly always spoke many words of wisdom.

Quick Reply