Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General Football Gossip

Read 18026 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      General Football Gossip
      May 31, 2018 04:49:39 pm

So what makes a man who wins 3 back to back Champions League Finals quit at Real Madrid? Something obviously doesn't add up. With all the speculation about Bale & Ronaldo I can't help but think this has something to do with it. It's been documented Bale wants more playing time if he's to stay.

Thoughts?
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2018 08:05:13 pm by Keith Singleton »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Football Gossip
      Reply #1: May 31, 2018 05:01:00 pm
      Can't find a section for this but but mods feel free to put in relevant section.

So what makes a man who wins 3 back to back Champions League Finals quit at Real Madrid? Something obviously doesn't add up. With all the speculation about Bale & Ronaldo I can't help but think this has something to do with it. It's been documented Bale wants more playing time if he's to stay.

Thoughts?

Just strikes me that real.madrid and Barcelona are clubs where the shelf life for a manager is 3 to 4 years due to the circus that follows them around or he has quit because var will be in the cl next year
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2018 05:09:01 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2: May 31, 2018 05:18:10 pm
      Just strikes me that real.madrid and Barcelona are clubs where the shelf life for a manager is 3 to 4 years due to the circus that follows them around

Not sure it makes sense though. Successful managers have long history at clubs. Look at Shanks, Paisley & Fergie. Between them they have over 40 years at their respective clubs. What do owners want these days. I'd happily take 3 Champions leagues as a owner in 3 seasons.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3: May 31, 2018 05:24:28 pm
      Not sure it makes sense though. Successful managers have long history at clubs. Look at Shanks, Paisley & Fergie. Between them they have over 40 years at their respective clubs. What do owners want these days. I'd happily take 3 Champions leagues as a owner in 3 seasons.

Remember both pep and luis enrique saying they stayed at barca for a one season too many
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4: May 31, 2018 05:25:51 pm
      Remember both pep and luis enrique saying they stayed at barca for a one season too many

Certainly seems to be a trend over there..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5: May 31, 2018 05:27:17 pm
      Courtois set to leave Chelsea.. No brainer surely for Liverpool to try and sign him?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6: May 31, 2018 05:35:30 pm
      Courtois set to leave Chelsea.. No brainer surely for Liverpool to try and sign him?

I don't know that I believe that's the case. I think that's Courtois' people making noise to get him a world record deal at Chelsea. I could be wrong.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7: May 31, 2018 05:41:59 pm
      I don't know that I believe that's the case. I think that's Courtois' people making noise to get him a world record deal at Chelsea. I could be wrong.

Not often Sky Sports wrong though. You'd take him wouldn't you?? Top keeper, keeps low profile as well which i like in football. Far to many post on social media for my liking.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #8: May 31, 2018 05:44:40 pm
      Not often Sky Sports wrong though. You'd take him wouldn't you?? Top keeper, keeps low profile as well which i like in football. Far to many post on social media for my liking.  ;D

To be fair, the only time I watch him play is when we play Chelsea as I can't stand to watch them play :)

So I don't know if he fits what Klopp wants...its he a sweeper keeper? I'm not sure that he is as good with his feet as Klopp wants his keeper to be. I mean he's typically thought of as a top keeper so from that perspective he would seem to be better than Karius.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #9: May 31, 2018 05:51:30 pm
      To be fair, the only time I watch him play is when we play Chelsea as I can't stand to watch them play :)

So I don't know if he fits what Klopp wants...its he a sweeper keeper? I'm not sure that he is as good with his feet as Klopp wants his keeper to be. I mean he's typically thought of as a top keeper so from that perspective he would seem to be better than Karius.

Well i have seen him come off his line and out of the box  many times so yes he is a sweeper.. He improves your side so would take him in a flash...

Lloris is the same from Spurs but he isn't available as of yet.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #10: May 31, 2018 05:52:47 pm

Remember reading him saying he misses his kids and they are back in spain so would be surprised
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #11: May 31, 2018 05:53:41 pm
      Remember reading him saying he misses his kids and they are back in spain so would be surprised

Why are Courtois kids in Spain? Isn't he Belgian?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12: May 31, 2018 05:58:39 pm

Amazing the amount of players seeking a move to one of the big two in La Liga always pull the heart string pulling covers like 'I miss my family' or 'My wife is missing her grandads's turtle' etc etc.

Stop f**king about and just come straight. You ain't fooling nobody.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #13: May 31, 2018 06:10:37 pm
      Why are Courtois kids in Spain? Isn't he Belgian?

Girlfriend is spanish and they split up, her and his 2 kids live in madrid
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #14: May 31, 2018 07:57:52 pm
      Can't find a section for this but but mods feel free to put in relevant section.

Thoughts?

Jumped before being pushed. Managers don't last that long at Madrid, so obviously decided to F**k off on his own terms.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #15: May 31, 2018 08:01:06 pm

Negotiations have broken down over a new contract, Chelsea have started looking at Alisson as his replacement. I'd be all over Courtois like a rash if I was anyone at our club.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #16: Jun 01, 2018 03:09:25 pm
      Just read that Pochettino said he's happy at Spurs, he has a beautiful project, 100% committed to his project, he likes his job now, Spurs's management like his work so far, he has just renewed his contract and he doesn't think too much about the future. 

When questioned about whether he sees himself on the bench of Real Madrid, he said "one day", just as he may go to any other club in the future, or Argentinian national team, or Newell's, or back to Espanyol. If one day he's given an opportunity, why not?

This is hardly going to stop the speculation, isn't it?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #17: Jun 01, 2018 05:09:44 pm

I think he's overrated personally....
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #18: Jun 01, 2018 05:32:58 pm
      Maybe. Still a fantastic keeper.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19: Jun 01, 2018 05:58:48 pm

Very surprised at your comments mate. Always had him down as very a good keeper. Surely you agree better than the current crop you have?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #20: Jun 01, 2018 06:35:55 pm
      Very surprised at your comments mate. Always had him down as very a good keeper. Surely you agree better than the current crop you have?

Oh yea, defiantly better than what we have. But just not 'world class' as many think.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #21: Jun 01, 2018 06:53:32 pm
      Maybe. Still a fantastic keeper.

How can you be overrated and fantastic? ;D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #22: Jun 01, 2018 11:48:01 pm
      How can you be overrated and fantastic? ;D
      Not difficult mate. Being overrated is all subjective. It’s like saying many may view him as best in the world when in reality he is just fantastic.

Quick Reply