Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Karius suffered concussion in CL final

Read 7847 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Karius suffered concussion in CL final
      Jun 04, 2018 03:59:23 pm
      Having a scan in Boston. There’s worries he could have suffered a concussion from that hit he took from Ramos. Might explain the blatant mistakes he made. Hope he is ok.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Re: Karius suffered concussion in CL final
      Reply #1: Jun 04, 2018 04:26:40 pm
      Interesting that he's having the scans, and would not be surprised if they showed he had some level of concussion. Wonder if they should have done quick testing on the field after he got hit, though i'm not all that familiar with concussions at all so not sure what kind of testing they could have done that would have them enough confidence one way or another.

And isn't there a ref at the goal line in part so he can catch hits like this? useless refs.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 04, 2018 04:30:10 pm
      Having a scan in Boston. There’s worries he could have suffered a concussion from that hit he took from Ramos. Might explain the blatant mistakes he made. Hope he is ok.

That was FSG trying to cross check, if those mistakes were due to head concussion or not. Meaning: if they were, then no new goalkeeper, if they weren't, then they are preparing their chequebook. :p
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3: Jun 04, 2018 04:47:54 pm

Damn, i thought the bloke at the pub who dropped a full pint on Saturday looked familiar.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4: Jun 04, 2018 07:28:57 pm
      https://twitter.com/xxx/status/1003693065280868353

So I guess Ramos did actually F**k him up in the end...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #5: Jun 04, 2018 07:32:40 pm

Took out two of our players if that’s true.
      DanMann

• 5,742 posts | 882 
      Reply #6: Jun 04, 2018 08:02:47 pm
      Not sure how much of this I'm taking as legit excuse.. but here it is:

"After carefully reviewing game film and integrating a detailed history -- including his reported present and immediate post-contact subjective symptoms -- physical examination and objective metrics, we have concluded that Mr. Karius sustained a concussion during the match," Mass General said in a statement.

"At the time of our evaluation, Mr. Karius's principal residual symptoms and objective signs suggested that visual spatial dysfunction existed and likely occurred immediately following the event. Additional symptomatic and objectively noted areas of dysfunction also persisted. It could be possible that such deficits would affect performance."

"Karius has reported significant and steady improvement since the concussive event, and we expect him to make a full recovery based on the results of the examination," the doctor's statement added. "We expect that with treatment and by following prescribed activity protocols he will continue to improve. We have encouraged vigilance and an emphasis on safety in his eventual return to full activity."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool/story/3517542/liverpools-loris-karius-suffered-concussion-in-champions-league-final
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Jun 04, 2018 08:15:31 pm
      Took out two of our players if that’s true.

nope like UEFA said no action necessary. We really need to get smart next season if he had gone down holding his face and crying in pain he could have got the c**t sent off.
      DanMann

• 5,742 posts | 882 
      Reply #8: Jun 04, 2018 08:26:45 pm
      Time to get a replay of that final.

Salah forced out of the game.
      Karius concussed.

All by Ramos. All gave Real Madrid goals.  :mad:

edit: just seen this...  :D https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-fans-call-rematch-champions-12646896
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #9: Jun 04, 2018 08:26:55 pm
      We should be champions but we're not  :'(
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10: Jun 04, 2018 08:28:16 pm
      Ramos the evil genius
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Jun 04, 2018 08:29:25 pm
      nope like UEFA said no action necessary. We really need to get smart next season if he had gone down holding his face and crying in pain he could have got the c**t sent off.

Exactly. If you cant beat them join them.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #12: Jun 04, 2018 08:30:23 pm

Utter joke really. Ref did F**k all for both incidents and Ramos gets away Scott free. UEFA really are spineless cu*ts...

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #13: Jun 04, 2018 08:33:52 pm
      Migs is gone, I don't think there's any doubt about that. It's a tough question to answer.

I honestly don't really know what I'd prefer. How many clubs have two goalkeepers at the same level, competing for one spot? That rarely works out well. The last situation I can remember that being the case, is Cech and Courtois, though Cech was already a bit older then.

If we bring in genuine competition, let's say Alisson, you need to give that goalkeeper the time to adapt to the system and the league and there will be mistakes made during that time. What do we do then? Change goalkeepers straight away again because the fans get on his back (Karius situation last season)? Or do we give him the time and space to make mistakes? Can we afford spending that kind of money on a goalkeeper that will make mistakes? Wouldn't we be better off sticking with what we've got in that situation?

I think the best option is bringing in an experienced goalkeeper, used to playing in a system relatively similar to ours and who can step in for the rest of the season if Karius can't rediscover his end of season form. The only issue is that I can't think of any experienced goalkeeper that fits that profile  :-\.

Reina?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #14: Jun 04, 2018 08:37:18 pm

Would be sick if we got him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #15: Jun 04, 2018 08:41:34 pm
      Time to get a replay of that final.

Salah forced out of the game.
      Karius concussed.

All by Ramos. All gave Real Madrid goals.  :mad:

edit: just seen this...  :D https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-fans-call-rematch-champions-12646896

Replay the final?

Get a grip.

Embarrassing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16: Jun 04, 2018 08:46:33 pm

The fuckers been carrying on like this for years and the officials and EUFA accept it as an element of continental football, English teams do not have the same "get out of jail free" card and are punished for the fact.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17: Jun 04, 2018 09:16:35 pm
      This concussion thing is huge for me. I've said somewhere else that his behaviour after the first mistake was a bit odd for a good few minutes. The actual mistake was madness, throwing it across goal and across Benzema while Robbo is the easiest option. All very mad no matter what you think of his ability.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #18: Jun 04, 2018 09:20:54 pm
      Interesting from David Preece on his experience of concussion whilst a goalie:

https://twitter.com/davidpreece12/status/1003714631926468608?s=19
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #19: Jun 04, 2018 09:25:07 pm

Seriously though, the lad did look like he took a heavy hit off Ramos.  If he had been clever like nearly every other team in the world is he would have gone down and made a proper complaint about it.  Too eager to get on with it.

Can't deny that the original mistake happened extremely shortly after all of that.

Happy to defer to medical experts or people who have actually suffered concussion as to what it's all about.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20: Jun 04, 2018 09:45:24 pm

Seriously though, the lad did look like he took a heavy hit off Ramos.  If he had been clever like nearly every other team in the world is he would have gone down and made a proper complaint about it.  Too eager to get on with it.

Can't deny that the original mistake happened extremely shortly after all of that.

Happy to defer to medical experts or people who have actually suffered concussion as to what it's all about.

I suffered 3 concussions in twelve months. Several symptoms, memory loss, noticeable delay in reactions, amongst others, the scariest, for me, was I had some mild aphasia one of the times, grasping for words and names that just wouldn't come, even though I knew I knew them. Some of the symptoms lasted months, the memory loss never resolved itself, even to this day, it's like a gap that just exists, a white flash, can't think of another way to describe it, is all that I recall for the loss of time.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #21: Jun 04, 2018 09:53:49 pm
      Sounds like FSG using this as an excuse, so everything is ok now Karius was concussed no need for a new keeper it won't happen again honest   :f_tongueincheek:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #22: Jun 04, 2018 09:59:32 pm
      Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius sustained a concussion during last month's Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid, doctors have said.

Karius, 24, was at fault for the Spanish side's first and third goals in their 3-1 victory in Kiev on 26 May.

The German had tests at hospitals in Boston in the United States, and medics said the impact of the concussion was "likely" to have been felt immediately.

Dr Ross Zafonte said it was "possible" the injury "would affect performance".

He came to his conclusion after reviewing "game film", a "physical examination" and "objective metrics".

Dr Zafonte said Karius had suffered from "visual spatial dysfunction", a process which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space.

He said it was "likely" that would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion.

Karius collided with Real defender Sergio Ramos early in the second half of the final - when the score was goalless - although doctors have not pinpointed the moment he was concussed.

Minutes after that collision, Karius threw the ball against Real striker Karim Benzema, and it rolled home to give the Spaniards the lead.

Liverpool equalised through Sadio Mane, but Gareth Bale scored a stunning overhead kick then netted Real's third when Karius let a shot from long range slip through his hands.

In the aftermath of the game, Karius received death threats, prompting a police investigation, and told fans he was "infinitely sorry".

After being assessed at Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, he is said to have shown "significant and steady improvement since the concussive event".

"We expect him to make a full recovery based on the results of the examination," added Dr Zafonte.

Karius, who joined Liverpool for ÂŁ4.75m from Mainz in 2016, was reportedly on holiday in the US when he was tested.

(BBC)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23: Jun 04, 2018 10:26:36 pm
      This concussion thing is huge for me. I've said somewhere else that his behaviour after the first mistake was a bit odd for a good few minutes. The actual mistake was madness, throwing it across goal and across Benzema while Robbo is the easiest option. All very mad no matter what you think of his ability.
      Yes believed you called that one quite early on
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #24: Jun 04, 2018 10:29:13 pm
      Was it concussion that also caused Karius to completely misjudge Kolarov's pot shot in the semi final and luckily nick it onto the bar?

Fact is, the guy has serious technical flaws - even when we does manage to save those shots from distance, he parries them directly into opponent paths. Concussion or not, he will always have clangers in him I'm afraid.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 182 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #25: Jun 04, 2018 10:33:58 pm
      Some of you did say he was acting weird and I didn't quite believe it to be true. You might have actually been right about the whole situation.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #26: Jun 04, 2018 10:38:10 pm

Agreed said to my lads after the Ramos blow got picked up that it made more sense now.

He was still bemused after kickoff and arguing with asst red and goaline dude.

Changes nothing but my understanding/appreciation though........
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: Jun 04, 2018 11:55:30 pm
      Agreed said to my lads after the Ramos blow got picked up that it made more sense now.

He was still bemused after kickoff and arguing with asst red and goaline dude.

Changes nothing but my understanding/appreciation though........

That concussion has to be a credible decision,it is the only explanation for that first goal .A blind man would of seen Ramos lurking.We did discuss this concussion in another thread Al.What surprises me in the injuries to Karius and Mo is the ref and linesmen have got away without any RED cards being dished out to the Real Madrid thugs.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #28: Jun 05, 2018 12:20:58 am
      Feel sorry for Karius but this is the type of story that should be kept under wraps for me.  It's almost as if we're trying to make excuses and it becomes cringeworthy.

We lost. The seasons over. We move on.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Jun 05, 2018 12:41:21 am
      Sergio Ramos is a c**t!
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #30: Jun 05, 2018 12:55:48 am
      I've actually suggested this after he gifted the goals to Real Madrid. Last year I was concussed three times in three different games as a keeper and I can fully sympathise with Karius. Based on my experience, the mistakes weren't his fault, but a result of his brain trauma. Yes its been more than a week since the final. But concussions generally have a lengthy duration for complete recovery, especially with an elbow from a c**t like Ramos.

Anyways, props to Karius for not making a big deal of it. Although in hindsight, he probably should've stayed down, played the dark arts and receive medical attention.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #31: Jun 05, 2018 01:46:04 am
      Feel sorry for Karius but this is the type of story that should be kept under wraps for me.  It's almost as if we're trying to make excuses and it becomes cringeworthy.

Why? no one from the team is saying that there should be rematch or that life is unfair, they are simply communicating what the tests determined. In US sports whenever a player has a concussion is readily reported and communicated and this no different.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #32: Jun 05, 2018 05:11:19 am
      Should be keeping this stuff quiet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Jun 05, 2018 07:24:10 am

I have never ever wanted to see a player injured, but I'll make an exception in this case, a career ending injury please to take this thug out of football forever.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #34: Jun 05, 2018 08:04:07 am

Get you but I can understand it coming out for Karius. A lot of heat can come off him and let's be honest the lads had serious heat from this.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Jun 05, 2018 09:25:30 am
      Get you but I can understand it coming out for Karius. A lot of heat can come off him and let's be honest the lads had serious heat from this.

Same here the lads career has been put in jeopardy and has had death threats if this takes a bit of heat off him and back on to "nothing to see here UEFA" then why not.
      What is clear is that Real Madrid do not play to the same rules as everybody else and that also includes financial rules.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #36: Jun 05, 2018 09:27:26 am
      So we will not sign new GK...Case closed.
      Thewingmaker44
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #37: Jun 05, 2018 09:54:00 am
      Got to ask the question does Karius want this all of the media again?

Probably not!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: Jun 05, 2018 10:17:16 am
      Got to ask the question does Karius want this all of the media again?

Probably not!

If it exonerates him and shows the reason he cost us 2 goals I would think he would be glad of the media highlighting what that tw*t Ramos did to him.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #39: Jun 05, 2018 10:22:42 am
      The cynical side of me is asking whether this is PR to exonerate Karius, thus bringing a wave of sympathy toward him as the 2 errors weren't his fault, therefore we don't need to spend ÂŁ50+M on a top keeper.  Hhhmmmm??
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #40: Jun 05, 2018 10:35:56 am
      I was concussed playing football as a kid. I didn't remember anything about the game or going back to the changing rooms after. The next thing I was aware of, I was dressed and walking home. Scary $hit. We all know Loris had a mistake in him, but this surely has to be a mitigating factor now. Ramos needs to be punished for this. And taken out with extreme prejudice during the World Cup.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #41: Jun 05, 2018 10:45:27 am
      People saying this should have been kept quiet or its to take the heat off Karius are missing the serious nature of what actually happened.
      It’s no doubt Karius was concussed as a head trauma expert has confirmed, in such circumstances the risk of second impact syndrome could have resulted in a catastrophic brain injury to Karius.

Football needs to wake up to the serious effects of concussion, rugby NFL etc have realised this eventually,  having seen the long term effects of impacts to the head.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018 12:46:18 pm by HScRed1 »
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #42: Jun 05, 2018 10:52:46 am
      If he doesn’t make the errors do we even hear about this? Just putting it out there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #43: Jun 05, 2018 11:24:20 am

Harsh and uncalled for that is...on cu*ts!

Anyone else heard he's released a single in time for the World Cup? The rubber faced chad f**k.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018 11:30:56 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #44: Jun 05, 2018 11:30:46 am
      Why? no one from the team is saying that there should be rematch or that life is unfair, they are simply communicating what the tests determined. In US sports whenever a player has a concussion is readily reported and communicated and this no different.

The reaction from some of our fans since we lost the final is embarrassing and it makes me wince.

Petition for a replay, Egyptian lawyers trying to sue opposition players which fans have jumped on board with, death threats and now having the attitude of 'we only lost because our goalie had concussion'.

There will be something new tomorrow and to be honest, I'm sick of hearing about it now.

People are highlighting the mistakes Karius made far too much and are completely ignoring the fact they passed us off the park for the majority of the game and our midfield was non existent and got nowhere near them. Bobby was so isolated I can probably count the touches he had in the game on one hand.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #45: Jun 05, 2018 11:35:46 am
      The reaction from some of our fans since we lost the final is embarrassing and it makes me wince.

Petition for a replay, Egyptian lawyers trying to sue opposition players which fans have jumped on board with, death threats and now having the attitude of 'we only lost because our goalie had concussion'.

There will be something new tomorrow and to be honest, I'm sick of hearing about it now.

People are highlighting the mistakes Karius made far too much and are completely ignoring the fact they passed us off the park for the majority of the game and our midfield was non existent and got nowhere near them. Bobby was so isolated I can probably count the touches he had in the game on one hand.

I don’t see any reason that the truth re his injury shouldn’t be revealed. It’s relevant as context re him.

Petition etc is embarrassing bollocks - 100% agree.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #46: Jun 05, 2018 11:44:43 am
      I don’t see any reason that the truth re his injury shouldn’t be revealed. It’s relevant as context re him.

Petition etc is embarrassing bollocks - 100% agree.

Maybe I shouldn't have said kept his injury under wraps but with all these stupid petitions then perhaps the club could have delayed releasing that information a little bit longer.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #47: Jun 05, 2018 11:52:28 am
      Maybe I shouldn't have said kept his injury under wraps but with all these stupid petitions then perhaps the club could have delayed releasing that information a little bit longer.

I know what you mean.

I can’t be arsed with the other side of the conspiracy theorists either.......”oh that’s just an excuse not to buy a keeper”.......

FFS do people really think FSG need a doctor to falsify evidence and release to press to justify not spending IF they don’t wanna?!
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #48: Jun 05, 2018 01:24:59 pm
      If he doesn’t make the errors do we even hear about this? Just putting it out there.

No, because if not for the hit the errors would not have happened.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #49: Jun 05, 2018 01:30:32 pm

Yes because the likelihood is he’s still having concussion symptoms and that’s what prompted the scans.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #50: Jun 05, 2018 01:35:09 pm
      People saying this should have been kept quiet or its to take the heat off Karius are missing the serious nature of what actually happened.
      It’s no doubt Karius was concussed as a head trauma expert has confirmed, in such circumstances the risk of second impact syndrome could have resulted in a catastrophic brain injury to Karius.

Football needs to wake up to the serious effects of concussion, rugby NFL etc have realised this eventually,  having seen the long term effects of impacts to the head.

He'd have to wear a helmet like Cech now surely?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #51: Jun 05, 2018 02:00:55 pm
      Whatever the conclusion, FSG need to find funds, for a quality keeper, to make any real progress.
      DanMann

• 5,742 posts | 882 
      Reply #52: Jun 05, 2018 04:10:59 pm
      Meanwhile, in the world of Ramos, this is what he has to say after hearing the news that Karius suffered concussion from the blow to the head Ramos gave him:

"Damn, they've given this a lot of attention, the Salah thing," he told reporters, per Cuatro. "I didn't want to speak because everything is magnified. I see the play well, he grabs my arm first and I fell to the other side, the injury happened to the other arm and they said that I gave him a judo hold.

"After the goalkeeper said that I dazed him with a clash. I am only missing Firmino saying that he got a cold because a drop of my sweat landed on him."

So no apology then?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #53: Jun 05, 2018 04:16:34 pm
      He'd have to wear a helmet like Cech now surely?

Cech had a fractured skull,no?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #54: Jun 05, 2018 04:18:36 pm
      All this makes it worse for me. He surely felt like sh*t so. Then F***ing come off.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #55: Jun 05, 2018 05:01:50 pm
      Its experience that's been picked up for our players. Hopefully anyway.

If any more daft sh*t like this happens again hopefully we will make more of it and with the help of VAR be able to have these cynical types of players dealt with.

Also we have to build the squad so if a top player has to go off, we can shuffle our deck and keep to a similar standard of play.

Once VAR is brought in fully expect Ramos to announce his retirement.

Too much bleating going on for me from out of the club now. Take the medicine, it was always a possibility we would be undone by gamesmanship and we were.

I had hoped that players like Ramos and Ronaldo would be spoke about in the week running up to the game and how to deal with their nonsense but it doesnt look like it was. If i was Liverpool staff or a referee of any type those two would be in the forefront of my mind but not sure those details were looked at by either party.

We have to take it on the chin now. By all means keep it as motivation but do it quietly.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018 05:07:27 pm by fields of anny rd »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #56: Jun 05, 2018 05:50:51 pm
      Once VAR is brought in fully expect Ramos to announce his retirement.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #57: Jun 06, 2018 03:30:35 am
      Meanwhile, in the world of Ramos, this is what he has to say after hearing the news that Karius suffered concussion from the blow to the head Ramos gave him:

So no apology then?

Ramos is a dirty, dirty human being. Known a few like him growing up, have competed against a few in fact and the best way to deal with him is to retaliate in kind and let him know you won't be bullied. This was one instance where Salah is too nice of a guy. Had this been Suarez, don't you believe that there wouldn't have been an all out brawl when this happened.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Jun 06, 2018 08:19:46 am
      All this makes it worse for me. He surely felt like sh*t so. Then f**king come off.
      when I had concussion it was not noticed for a week. Then it took 3 weeks to recover.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #59: Jun 06, 2018 08:59:14 am
      when I had concussion it was not noticed for a week. Then it took 3 weeks to recover.

That explains all those optimistic, reasonable posts ;)

Only teasing Ribs - what caused it? The concussion I mean.....
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #60: Jun 06, 2018 09:04:39 am
      That explains all those optimistic, reasonable posts ;)

Only teasing Ribs - what caused it? The concussion I mean.....
      Playing football and their defender was like Rhino from gladiators. When running at 15-20, it only takes somebody to stick their foot out really. I somersaulted (not by choice) and landed on my head. Because I did not lose consciousness I just continued and felt alright a few minutes later, but memory impairment only became apparent when I was unable to remember anything at work. When checking a scan shown there was bruising but thankfully no skull fracture. It really can take a few days for patients to realise they have a concussion.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #61: Jun 06, 2018 10:04:05 am
      Playing football and their defender was like Rhino from gladiators. When running at 15-20, it only takes somebody to stick their foot out really. I somersaulted (not by choice) and landed on my head. Because I did not lose consciousness I just continued and felt alright a few minutes later, but memory impairment only became apparent when I was unable to remember anything at work. When checking a scan shown there was bruising but thankfully no skull fracture. It really can take a few days for patients to realise they have a concussion.
      Indeed.

I boxed for 15+ years and it is a worrying thing when you become aware......
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: Jun 06, 2018 11:06:55 am
      Indeed.

I boxed for 15+ years and it is a worrying thing when you become aware......
      Ahh that is a long time to box. to clarify something, when I said 15-20 I meant MPH.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #63: Jun 06, 2018 11:14:44 am
      Ahh that is a long time to box. to clarify something, when I said 15-20 I meant MPH.

Understood
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #64: Jun 06, 2018 01:02:18 pm
      I know what you mean.

I can’t be arsed with the other side of the conspiracy theorists either.......”oh that’s just an excuse not to buy a keeper”.......

FFS do people really think FSG need a doctor to falsify evidence and release to press to justify not spending IF they don’t wanna?!

I figure Klopp intends for Karius to be in the squad, and there is an effort to rebuild his confidence for next season. Doesn't mean we won't be in for a new goalkeeper (especially as Migs is leaving either way, surely).

I thought Courtois' comments were pretty accurate. He expressed sympathy for Karius, but also noted that he made some good saves after the incident with Ramos. Now, he doesn't know any more than I do whether Loris had a concussion. I'll take the docs word for it, but the whole thing is definitely being done as a "rehabilitate Loris" campaign and that I think is only going to happen through good on-field performances.

He's a Liverpool player and has my support. Ramos is a dirty cheat, but those mistakes are on Loris, nobody else. Hopefully he can bounce back.

But the head injury concern is one to be taken seriously, always.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018 02:19:05 am by Robby The Z »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #65: Jun 07, 2018 08:20:17 am
      Ramos is a dirty cheat, but those mistakes are on Loris, nobody else.

technically if Ramos concussed Karius, the mistakes would be on Ramos too, right? otherwise you're essentially saying it'd be my fault if I come last in a marathon after I get hit by a car
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #66: Jun 07, 2018 08:45:36 am
      Ramos is a dirty, dirty human being. Known a few like him growing up, have competed against a few in fact and the best way to deal with him is to retaliate in kind and let him know you won't be bullied. This was one instance where Salah is too nice of a guy. Had this been Suarez, don't you believe that there wouldn't have been an all out brawl when this happened.

On the subject of retaliation two of it's greatest exponents, Graeme Souness and Tommy Smith would almost certainly have knocked that pr**k out.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018 12:36:45 pm by stuey »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #67: Jun 07, 2018 09:44:28 am
      On the subject of retaliation two of it's greatest exponents, Graham Souness and Tommy Smith would almost certainly have knocked that pr**k out.

stuey they say the game has changed over the years but you still need an enforcer to deal to the likes of Ramos.The Anfield IRON and Souness fit that bill perfectly.Come to think about it Jimmy Case was no pushover either.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: Jun 07, 2018 12:01:38 pm
      technically if Ramos concussed Karius, the mistakes would be on Ramos too, right? otherwise you're essentially saying it'd be my fault if I come last in a marathon after I get hit by a car

If he wasn't fit enough to avoid doing what he did for Benzema's goal, or to save that shot on Bale's 2nd, he shouldn't have even been out there. But in fact he did make a couple of good saves afterward. The mistakes are his.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #69: Jun 07, 2018 01:17:53 pm
      Some stick being given for not keeping this private but I say fair play to the ub for highlighting a serious issue across sports
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #70: Jun 07, 2018 02:24:37 pm
      If he wasn't fit enough to avoid doing what he did for Benzema's goal, or to save that shot on Bale's 2nd, he shouldn't have even been out there. But in fact he did make a couple of good saves afterward. The mistakes are his.

Concussion after severe hit at his head meaning it could be something wrong in his brain, mate, his brain not his finger nail.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #71: Jun 07, 2018 02:36:11 pm

Just because he made a couple good saves doesn’t mean he wasn’t concussed and feeling the effects and it doesn’t mean that his mistakes were or weren’t caused by his concussion. We won’t really know. The real issue is why wasn’t the game stopped and why wasn’t he checked right away? Ideally, the ref or linesman should have stopped the game and they should have diagnosed him on the spot. We should have had Migs in from that point on. Say what you will about him, but a healthy and alert Mignolet would probably have been better to have than a (supposedly) concussed Karius.
      DanMann

• 5,742 posts | 882 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,407 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #73: Jun 07, 2018 07:30:52 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #74: Jun 08, 2018 10:10:39 am

Whenever I hear of doctors associated with Madrid (and Barcelona) I just think 'DOPING'. Those guys are the ultimate quacks.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #75: Jun 08, 2018 10:15:43 am
      Whenever I hear of doctors associated with Madrid (and Barcelona) I just think 'DOPING'. Those guys are the ultimate quacks.

why would a Doctor make any comment without seeing evidence?

Quick Reply