Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Karius suffered concussion in CL final

Read 7770 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Karius suffered concussion in CL final
      Reply #46: Jun 05, 2018 11:44:43 am
      I don’t see any reason that the truth re his injury shouldn’t be revealed. It’s relevant as context re him.

Petition etc is embarrassing bollocks - 100% agree.

Maybe I shouldn't have said kept his injury under wraps but with all these stupid petitions then perhaps the club could have delayed releasing that information a little bit longer.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #47: Jun 05, 2018 11:52:28 am
      Maybe I shouldn't have said kept his injury under wraps but with all these stupid petitions then perhaps the club could have delayed releasing that information a little bit longer.

I know what you mean.

I can’t be arsed with the other side of the conspiracy theorists either.......”oh that’s just an excuse not to buy a keeper”.......

FFS do people really think FSG need a doctor to falsify evidence and release to press to justify not spending IF they don’t wanna?!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #48: Jun 05, 2018 01:24:59 pm
      If he doesn’t make the errors do we even hear about this? Just putting it out there.

No, because if not for the hit the errors would not have happened.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #49: Jun 05, 2018 01:30:32 pm
      If he doesn’t make the errors do we even hear about this? Just putting it out there.

Yes because the likelihood is he’s still having concussion symptoms and that’s what prompted the scans.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #50: Jun 05, 2018 01:35:09 pm
      People saying this should have been kept quiet or its to take the heat off Karius are missing the serious nature of what actually happened.
      It’s no doubt Karius was concussed as a head trauma expert has confirmed, in such circumstances the risk of second impact syndrome could have resulted in a catastrophic brain injury to Karius.

Football needs to wake up to the serious effects of concussion, rugby NFL etc have realised this eventually,  having seen the long term effects of impacts to the head.

He'd have to wear a helmet like Cech now surely?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #51: Jun 05, 2018 02:00:55 pm
      Whatever the conclusion, FSG need to find funds, for a quality keeper, to make any real progress.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #52: Jun 05, 2018 04:10:59 pm
      Meanwhile, in the world of Ramos, this is what he has to say after hearing the news that Karius suffered concussion from the blow to the head Ramos gave him:

"Damn, they've given this a lot of attention, the Salah thing," he told reporters, per Cuatro. "I didn't want to speak because everything is magnified. I see the play well, he grabs my arm first and I fell to the other side, the injury happened to the other arm and they said that I gave him a judo hold.

"After the goalkeeper said that I dazed him with a clash. I am only missing Firmino saying that he got a cold because a drop of my sweat landed on him."

So no apology then?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #53: Jun 05, 2018 04:16:34 pm
      He'd have to wear a helmet like Cech now surely?

Cech had a fractured skull,no?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #54: Jun 05, 2018 04:18:36 pm
      All this makes it worse for me. He surely felt like sh*t so. Then F***ing come off.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #55: Jun 05, 2018 05:01:50 pm
      Its experience that's been picked up for our players. Hopefully anyway.

If any more daft sh*t like this happens again hopefully we will make more of it and with the help of VAR be able to have these cynical types of players dealt with.

Also we have to build the squad so if a top player has to go off, we can shuffle our deck and keep to a similar standard of play.

Once VAR is brought in fully expect Ramos to announce his retirement.

Too much bleating going on for me from out of the club now. Take the medicine, it was always a possibility we would be undone by gamesmanship and we were.

I had hoped that players like Ramos and Ronaldo would be spoke about in the week running up to the game and how to deal with their nonsense but it doesnt look like it was. If i was Liverpool staff or a referee of any type those two would be in the forefront of my mind but not sure those details were looked at by either party.

We have to take it on the chin now. By all means keep it as motivation but do it quietly.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018 05:07:27 pm by fields of anny rd »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #56: Jun 05, 2018 05:50:51 pm
      Once VAR is brought in fully expect Ramos to announce his retirement.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #57: Jun 06, 2018 03:30:35 am
      Meanwhile, in the world of Ramos, this is what he has to say after hearing the news that Karius suffered concussion from the blow to the head Ramos gave him:

So no apology then?

Ramos is a dirty, dirty human being. Known a few like him growing up, have competed against a few in fact and the best way to deal with him is to retaliate in kind and let him know you won't be bullied. This was one instance where Salah is too nice of a guy. Had this been Suarez, don't you believe that there wouldn't have been an all out brawl when this happened.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Jun 06, 2018 08:19:46 am
      All this makes it worse for me. He surely felt like sh*t so. Then f**king come off.
      when I had concussion it was not noticed for a week. Then it took 3 weeks to recover.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #59: Jun 06, 2018 08:59:14 am
      when I had concussion it was not noticed for a week. Then it took 3 weeks to recover.

That explains all those optimistic, reasonable posts ;)

Only teasing Ribs - what caused it? The concussion I mean.....
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #60: Jun 06, 2018 09:04:39 am
      That explains all those optimistic, reasonable posts ;)

Only teasing Ribs - what caused it? The concussion I mean.....
      Playing football and their defender was like Rhino from gladiators. When running at 15-20, it only takes somebody to stick their foot out really. I somersaulted (not by choice) and landed on my head. Because I did not lose consciousness I just continued and felt alright a few minutes later, but memory impairment only became apparent when I was unable to remember anything at work. When checking a scan shown there was bruising but thankfully no skull fracture. It really can take a few days for patients to realise they have a concussion.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #61: Jun 06, 2018 10:04:05 am
      Playing football and their defender was like Rhino from gladiators. When running at 15-20, it only takes somebody to stick their foot out really. I somersaulted (not by choice) and landed on my head. Because I did not lose consciousness I just continued and felt alright a few minutes later, but memory impairment only became apparent when I was unable to remember anything at work. When checking a scan shown there was bruising but thankfully no skull fracture. It really can take a few days for patients to realise they have a concussion.
      Indeed.

I boxed for 15+ years and it is a worrying thing when you become aware......
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #62: Jun 06, 2018 11:06:55 am
      Indeed.

I boxed for 15+ years and it is a worrying thing when you become aware......
      Ahh that is a long time to box. to clarify something, when I said 15-20 I meant MPH.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #63: Jun 06, 2018 11:14:44 am
      Ahh that is a long time to box. to clarify something, when I said 15-20 I meant MPH.

Understood
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #64: Jun 06, 2018 01:02:18 pm
      I know what you mean.

I can’t be arsed with the other side of the conspiracy theorists either.......”oh that’s just an excuse not to buy a keeper”.......

FFS do people really think FSG need a doctor to falsify evidence and release to press to justify not spending IF they don’t wanna?!

I figure Klopp intends for Karius to be in the squad, and there is an effort to rebuild his confidence for next season. Doesn't mean we won't be in for a new goalkeeper (especially as Migs is leaving either way, surely).

I thought Courtois' comments were pretty accurate. He expressed sympathy for Karius, but also noted that he made some good saves after the incident with Ramos. Now, he doesn't know any more than I do whether Loris had a concussion. I'll take the docs word for it, but the whole thing is definitely being done as a "rehabilitate Loris" campaign and that I think is only going to happen through good on-field performances.

He's a Liverpool player and has my support. Ramos is a dirty cheat, but those mistakes are on Loris, nobody else. Hopefully he can bounce back.

But the head injury concern is one to be taken seriously, always.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018 02:19:05 am by Robby The Z »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #65: Jun 07, 2018 08:20:17 am
      Ramos is a dirty cheat, but those mistakes are on Loris, nobody else.

technically if Ramos concussed Karius, the mistakes would be on Ramos too, right? otherwise you're essentially saying it'd be my fault if I come last in a marathon after I get hit by a car
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #66: Jun 07, 2018 08:45:36 am
      Ramos is a dirty, dirty human being. Known a few like him growing up, have competed against a few in fact and the best way to deal with him is to retaliate in kind and let him know you won't be bullied. This was one instance where Salah is too nice of a guy. Had this been Suarez, don't you believe that there wouldn't have been an all out brawl when this happened.

On the subject of retaliation two of it's greatest exponents, Graeme Souness and Tommy Smith would almost certainly have knocked that pr**k out.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018 12:36:45 pm by stuey »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #67: Jun 07, 2018 09:44:28 am
      On the subject of retaliation two of it's greatest exponents, Graham Souness and Tommy Smith would almost certainly have knocked that pr**k out.

stuey they say the game has changed over the years but you still need an enforcer to deal to the likes of Ramos.The Anfield IRON and Souness fit that bill perfectly.Come to think about it Jimmy Case was no pushover either.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: Jun 07, 2018 12:01:38 pm
      technically if Ramos concussed Karius, the mistakes would be on Ramos too, right? otherwise you're essentially saying it'd be my fault if I come last in a marathon after I get hit by a car

If he wasn't fit enough to avoid doing what he did for Benzema's goal, or to save that shot on Bale's 2nd, he shouldn't have even been out there. But in fact he did make a couple of good saves afterward. The mistakes are his.

Quick Reply