Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Karius suffered concussion in CL final

Read 7761 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Karius suffered concussion in CL final
      Reply #23: Jun 04, 2018 10:26:36 pm
      This concussion thing is huge for me. I've said somewhere else that his behaviour after the first mistake was a bit odd for a good few minutes. The actual mistake was madness, throwing it across goal and across Benzema while Robbo is the easiest option. All very mad no matter what you think of his ability.
      Yes believed you called that one quite early on
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #24: Jun 04, 2018 10:29:13 pm
      Was it concussion that also caused Karius to completely misjudge Kolarov's pot shot in the semi final and luckily nick it onto the bar?

Fact is, the guy has serious technical flaws - even when we does manage to save those shots from distance, he parries them directly into opponent paths. Concussion or not, he will always have clangers in him I'm afraid.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #25: Jun 04, 2018 10:33:58 pm
      Some of you did say he was acting weird and I didn't quite believe it to be true. You might have actually been right about the whole situation.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #26: Jun 04, 2018 10:38:10 pm
      This concussion thing is huge for me. I've said somewhere else that his behaviour after the first mistake was a bit odd for a good few minutes. The actual mistake was madness, throwing it across goal and across Benzema while Robbo is the easiest option. All very mad no matter what you think of his ability.

Agreed said to my lads after the Ramos blow got picked up that it made more sense now.

He was still bemused after kickoff and arguing with asst red and goaline dude.

Changes nothing but my understanding/appreciation though........
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: Jun 04, 2018 11:55:30 pm
      Agreed said to my lads after the Ramos blow got picked up that it made more sense now.

He was still bemused after kickoff and arguing with asst red and goaline dude.

Changes nothing but my understanding/appreciation though........

That concussion has to be a credible decision,it is the only explanation for that first goal .A blind man would of seen Ramos lurking.We did discuss this concussion in another thread Al.What surprises me in the injuries to Karius and Mo is the ref and linesmen have got away without any RED cards being dished out to the Real Madrid thugs.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #28: Jun 05, 2018 12:20:58 am
      Feel sorry for Karius but this is the type of story that should be kept under wraps for me.  It's almost as if we're trying to make excuses and it becomes cringeworthy.

We lost. The seasons over. We move on.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Jun 05, 2018 12:41:21 am
      Sergio Ramos is a c**t!
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #30: Jun 05, 2018 12:55:48 am
      I've actually suggested this after he gifted the goals to Real Madrid. Last year I was concussed three times in three different games as a keeper and I can fully sympathise with Karius. Based on my experience, the mistakes weren't his fault, but a result of his brain trauma. Yes its been more than a week since the final. But concussions generally have a lengthy duration for complete recovery, especially with an elbow from a c**t like Ramos.

Anyways, props to Karius for not making a big deal of it. Although in hindsight, he probably should've stayed down, played the dark arts and receive medical attention.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #31: Jun 05, 2018 01:46:04 am
      Feel sorry for Karius but this is the type of story that should be kept under wraps for me.  It's almost as if we're trying to make excuses and it becomes cringeworthy.

Why? no one from the team is saying that there should be rematch or that life is unfair, they are simply communicating what the tests determined. In US sports whenever a player has a concussion is readily reported and communicated and this no different.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #32: Jun 05, 2018 05:11:19 am
      Should be keeping this stuff quiet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Jun 05, 2018 07:24:10 am

I have never ever wanted to see a player injured, but I'll make an exception in this case, a career ending injury please to take this thug out of football forever.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #34: Jun 05, 2018 08:04:07 am

Get you but I can understand it coming out for Karius. A lot of heat can come off him and let's be honest the lads had serious heat from this.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Jun 05, 2018 09:25:30 am
      Get you but I can understand it coming out for Karius. A lot of heat can come off him and let's be honest the lads had serious heat from this.

Same here the lads career has been put in jeopardy and has had death threats if this takes a bit of heat off him and back on to "nothing to see here UEFA" then why not.
      What is clear is that Real Madrid do not play to the same rules as everybody else and that also includes financial rules.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #36: Jun 05, 2018 09:27:26 am
      So we will not sign new GK...Case closed.
      Thewingmaker44
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #37: Jun 05, 2018 09:54:00 am
      Got to ask the question does Karius want this all of the media again?

Probably not!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: Jun 05, 2018 10:17:16 am
      Got to ask the question does Karius want this all of the media again?

Probably not!

If it exonerates him and shows the reason he cost us 2 goals I would think he would be glad of the media highlighting what that tw*t Ramos did to him.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #39: Jun 05, 2018 10:22:42 am
      The cynical side of me is asking whether this is PR to exonerate Karius, thus bringing a wave of sympathy toward him as the 2 errors weren't his fault, therefore we don't need to spend £50+M on a top keeper.  Hhhmmmm??
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #40: Jun 05, 2018 10:35:56 am
      I was concussed playing football as a kid. I didn't remember anything about the game or going back to the changing rooms after. The next thing I was aware of, I was dressed and walking home. Scary $hit. We all know Loris had a mistake in him, but this surely has to be a mitigating factor now. Ramos needs to be punished for this. And taken out with extreme prejudice during the World Cup.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #41: Jun 05, 2018 10:45:27 am
      People saying this should have been kept quiet or its to take the heat off Karius are missing the serious nature of what actually happened.
      It’s no doubt Karius was concussed as a head trauma expert has confirmed, in such circumstances the risk of second impact syndrome could have resulted in a catastrophic brain injury to Karius.

Football needs to wake up to the serious effects of concussion, rugby NFL etc have realised this eventually,  having seen the long term effects of impacts to the head.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018 12:46:18 pm by HScRed1 »
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #42: Jun 05, 2018 10:52:46 am
      If he doesn’t make the errors do we even hear about this? Just putting it out there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #43: Jun 05, 2018 11:24:20 am

Harsh and uncalled for that is...on cu*ts!

Anyone else heard he's released a single in time for the World Cup? The rubber faced chad f**k.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018 11:30:56 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #44: Jun 05, 2018 11:30:46 am
      Why? no one from the team is saying that there should be rematch or that life is unfair, they are simply communicating what the tests determined. In US sports whenever a player has a concussion is readily reported and communicated and this no different.

The reaction from some of our fans since we lost the final is embarrassing and it makes me wince.

Petition for a replay, Egyptian lawyers trying to sue opposition players which fans have jumped on board with, death threats and now having the attitude of 'we only lost because our goalie had concussion'.

There will be something new tomorrow and to be honest, I'm sick of hearing about it now.

People are highlighting the mistakes Karius made far too much and are completely ignoring the fact they passed us off the park for the majority of the game and our midfield was non existent and got nowhere near them. Bobby was so isolated I can probably count the touches he had in the game on one hand.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #45: Jun 05, 2018 11:35:46 am
      The reaction from some of our fans since we lost the final is embarrassing and it makes me wince.

Petition for a replay, Egyptian lawyers trying to sue opposition players which fans have jumped on board with, death threats and now having the attitude of 'we only lost because our goalie had concussion'.

There will be something new tomorrow and to be honest, I'm sick of hearing about it now.

People are highlighting the mistakes Karius made far too much and are completely ignoring the fact they passed us off the park for the majority of the game and our midfield was non existent and got nowhere near them. Bobby was so isolated I can probably count the touches he had in the game on one hand.

I don’t see any reason that the truth re his injury shouldn’t be revealed. It’s relevant as context re him.

Petition etc is embarrassing bollocks - 100% agree.

Quick Reply