Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Other Teams Transfer Rumours & Signings

Read 34702 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Other Teams Transfer Rumours & Signings
      Reply #23: Jul 09, 2018 08:55:25 pm
      Apparently, PSG have made a £240m bid for Coutinho  :lmao:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24: Jul 09, 2018 09:00:57 pm

Trying to keep Neymar happy while getting rid of Mbappe?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25: Jul 09, 2018 09:18:27 pm
      Trying to keep Neymar happy while getting rid of Mbappe?

They would probably keep all 3! It would be funny if true tbh!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #26: Jul 09, 2018 10:44:51 pm
      Mahrez to Man City for 60 million. That's a lot to spend for a rotational player. They are in a different universe, financially.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Jul 09, 2018 11:08:14 pm
      Mahrez to Man City for 60 million. That's a lot to spend for a rotational player. They are in a different universe, financially.

Record signing for them isn't it? Leicester could have gotten about 90 for him back in the winter couldn't they?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #28: Jul 09, 2018 11:40:37 pm
      Don't know why you're laughing. If Barca got £240m for Coutinho, Barca would probably then bid £270m on Salah. Still laughing?
      It's Neymar going to PSG that caused Coutinho at Barcelona in the first place!
      PSG offering 100m more? Wonder what FSG is thinking.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #29: Jul 09, 2018 11:54:15 pm
      Don't know why you're laughing. If Barca got £240m for Coutinho, Barca would probably then bid £270m on Salah. Still laughing?

Coutinho would also have to agree terms though. This won't happen. He left us specifically for Barcelona. He wouldn't have left us for PSG, so why would he leave Barcelona for them?

If Ronaldo leaves Madrid, then perhaps we could be a bit concerned that they may chase Mane, but I think Hazard would be their likely target (after Neymar/Mbappe), and one who would probably be keen to make the move too.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #30: Jul 10, 2018 12:40:25 am
      Record signing for them isn't it? Leicester could have gotten about 90 for him back in the winter couldn't they?

Not sure. I think Leicester quoted 90 million and City took a pass.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31: Jul 10, 2018 07:18:17 am
      Ronaldo signing for Juve today from what I can see.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32: Jul 10, 2018 07:53:14 am

Funny coz I logged on to Twitter and the Mancs are adamant he’s signing for them.

Just like every past summer.

:lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Jul 10, 2018 11:59:10 am
      Coutinho would also have to agree terms though. This won't happen. He left us specifically for Barcelona. He wouldn't have left us for PSG, so why would he leave Barcelona for them?

Because he's a money=grubbing whore?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34: Jul 10, 2018 11:59:49 am

Not seeing this. Where?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #35: Jul 10, 2018 12:26:20 pm
      PSG offering 100m more? Wonder what FSG is thinking.

Doubt very much Salah would whore himself around like that.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36: Jul 10, 2018 12:30:15 pm
      Because he's a money=grubbing whore?

Ha for real? Coutinho loves our club. He'd signed a long-term 200k pw deal with us. He didn't leave us because Barcelona were offering the 20k or so more he's getting from them. He left north-western England for Spain, and to play with some of his idols.

The guy isn't just a football player, he's also a human being. He's a husband and a father, and no doubt it's an absolute joy for him to raise his daughter up in an environment like Barcelona rather than that of Liverpool.

Coutinho is not going to trade that life for just more money and the burden of struggling to learn yet another language and culture. I'm pretty confident Coutinho will remain at Barcelona for most of the remainder of his career.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37: Jul 10, 2018 12:32:01 pm
      Sport linking luis suarez with psg now, christ it's getting desperate now
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Jul 10, 2018 12:36:03 pm
      Ha for real? Coutinho loves our club. He'd signed a long-term 200k pw deal with us. He didn't leave us because Barcelona were offering the 20k or so more he's getting from them. He left north-western England for Spain, and to play with some of his idols.

The guy isn't just a football player, he's also a human being. He's a husband and a father, and no doubt it's an absolute joy for him to raise his daughter up in an environment like Barcelona rather than that of Liverpool.

Coutinho is not going to trade that life for just more money and the burden of struggling to learn yet another language and culture. I'm pretty confident Coutinho will remain at Barcelona for most of the remainder of his career.

None of the players who want to be here are husbands or fathers (or human beings)?

I'm not from Liverpool, but I've loved it every time I've been, every season. Barcelona is some kind of Utopian society?
      He totally tried to screw us, twice. He DOES NOT love our club.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #39: Jul 10, 2018 12:58:01 pm
      None of the players who want to be here are husbands or fathers (or human beings)?

I'm not from Liverpool, but I've loved it every time I've been, every season. Barcelona is some kind of Utopian society?
      He totally tried to screw us, twice. He DOES NOT love our club.

Haha is it really so hard to believe that a Brazilian wouldn't just slightly prefer to raise his family in Spain rather than England, but would actually be incredibly keen?

Dude, to be able to raise his daughter in a culture similar to his own. To be able to speak the language so much better than English (or French, if he were to chase money from PSG as suggested). To be able to do things like take her to the beach for much of the year, like he most likely got to do as a kid himself. To provide that for his young family is clearly worth more to him as a human being than letting down fans that adored him. Fans who, sure, are family in some way, but still essentially strangers.

Anyway, I don't want an extended break from the topic here, but yeah I'm confident Coutinho won't be going anywhere else anytime soon, and although I'm still gutted he's no longer one of ours, I don't begrudge him for wanting to make the move to Barcelona. But definitely want us to win more than them to ensure he is aware that decision came with a cost haha.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40: Jul 10, 2018 01:47:47 pm

ESPN and Sky Sports reporting Juve Chairman is in Greece meeting with him
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #41: Jul 10, 2018 01:53:22 pm
      ESPN and Sky Sports reporting Juve Chairman is in Greece meeting with him

A slower Serie A will extend Ronaldo's career as a top player, but i really don't get it from Juve's perspective. They already dominate the league but have an older squad with Higuain, Mandzukic, Matuidi, Khedira, Chiellini and Cuadrado all 30yo or older, so they will be needing serious rebuild in the upcoming years. Adding Ronaldo doesn't help that problem.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Jul 10, 2018 02:01:56 pm
      A slower Serie A will extend Ronaldo's career as a top player, but i really don't get it from Juve's perspective. They already dominate the league but have an older squad with Higuain, Mandzukic, Matuidi, Khedira, Chiellini and Cuadrado all 30yo or older, so they will be needing serious rebuild in the upcoming years. Adding Ronaldo doesn't help that problem.

Shirt sales?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Jul 10, 2018 02:03:20 pm
      Haha is it really so hard to believe that a Brazilian wouldn't just slightly prefer to raise his family in Spain rather than England, but would actually be incredibly keen?

Dude, to be able to raise his daughter in a culture similar to his own. To be able to speak the language so much better than English (or French, if he were to chase money from PSG as suggested). To be able to do things like take her to the beach for much of the year, like he most likely got to do as a kid himself. To provide that for his young family is clearly worth more to him as a human being than letting down fans that adored him. Fans who, sure, are family in some way, but still essentially strangers.

Anyway, I don't want an extended break from the topic here, but yeah I'm confident Coutinho won't be going anywhere else anytime soon, and although I'm still gutted he's no longer one of ours, I don't begrudge him for wanting to make the move to Barcelona. But definitely want us to win more than them to ensure he is aware that decision came with a cost haha.

I was just commenting on Phil's proven m.o.. I have no expectation he is moving to PSG.

He could have gone about that move much, much differently than what he said and did.

leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #44: Jul 10, 2018 04:50:15 pm

How much does a club really get from selling shirts? I'd think most of the revenue goes to the shirt sponsor anyway as they already paid a huge amount of money to the club.

I know Ronaldo will bost Juve's popularity but don't think they'll be able to recoup all the money they're investing in him. Their goal seems to win the CL in the next few years and I don't think Ronaldo is the key to accomplish that, specially since they'll probably have to sell some players now. Good move for him though.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45: Jul 10, 2018 04:58:29 pm
      Love him or hate him, he's a legend.

And a half.

https://twitter.com/SportsJOEdotie/status/1016711648101457920?s=19

Quick Reply