Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Moses Simon (Gent)

Read 16014 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: Moses Simon (Gent)
      Reply #23: Jun 15, 2018 03:59:43 am
      Why not both it's not like we haven't got money could get the pair for much less than Mancs are willing to pay for a very average left back in Danny Rose.

Why not neither and we go buy quality?
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #24: Jun 15, 2018 05:33:58 am
      Why not neither and we go buy quality?

Haha please define quality though? Because, respectfully, how does one watch the following video and not appreciate the quality of Moses Simon? He is super quick. He runs effectively with the ball at defenders. He times his runs to receive a ball well. He picks out intelligent passes and crosses to teammates. For a small guy he doesn't get bumped off shielding a ball as one would expect (or try to milk fouls that aren't there). He's energetic. He's not all flash and no substance, so I reckon it wouldn't take him long to wow the crowds at Anfield.

We need a guy to start maybe half a dozen premier league games and then come off the bench 20 odd times. I'd much rather sign this dude for 10-15 mil and have him happily firing in a system and squad role that would suit him, than pay 60-90 mil for potentially available "quality"players like a Martial (or whomever else that we can only get because they're moaning about not getting enough playing time at their current big club) who wouldn't necessarily work hard enough in our system or enjoy sitting behind Salah + Firmino + Mane most of the time. We want a competitive but happy dressing room, not the kind of crap like Man U and Chelsea.

The only genuine gaps we have in our starting line up for the kinds of quality players I can only assume you're referring to are at GK, CB, and I guess a suitable #10. Outside of those positions we shouldn't be splurging cash. That's why players such as Moses Simon, Steven Bergwijn, and David Neres would be good options to back up our front line at reasonable cost. Of course, if by quality you were referring to players more like Malcom and Leon Bailey, then that's fine as long as we're not paying more than 45 mil for them.

As for #10, Fekir was ideal, but obviously there may be medical cloud. Other than him, we'd be grossly overpaying for overrated quality. Unless we can get De Bruyne or Hazard, we're better off grooming a player or two into that role. I reckon Klopp could work with aforementioned Malcom or Bailey, or bring in someone like Amine Harit or even Yusuf Yazici, and turn them into what we specifically need in that role. Just look at the kind of player Ox is developing into. We don't need stars, we need players who do a job and don't have the jitters. That's why I'd keep Firmino over any star striker in the world. That's why we need better options than Karius and Lovren. That's why we brought in the likes of Keita and Fabinho to upgrade our midfield.

If we're going to start competing with the big clubs we need to start being a destination for developing talent too, where we're the one's picking up quality prospects for under 20 mil and then offloading the excess later on for 50+ mil. We mustn't be the club that skips on buying all those players at decent fees only to buy them a year or two later for excessive ones. Once we reestablish ourselves as a top two side in the PL and CL semi finalist, then we'll be in a position to attract the kinds of quality players that have truly earned the excessive fees.

In my opinion, of course haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJm8-SNbCXA
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25: Jun 30, 2018 01:04:07 pm
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #26: Jun 30, 2018 03:35:58 pm

Although word of this potential move has gone really quiet these last few weeks, it makes sense that it wouldn't happen until he has recovered from his injury in order to have a proper medical. Also, it would make sense that Gent would be reluctant to let him go until they had a better idea of what player(s) could replace him.

But heaps keen for us to sign him, so hoping to hear more about this soon!
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #27: Jul 13, 2018 11:56:04 am
      https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/988204/Liverpool-transfer-news-Moses-Simon-Xherdan-Shaqiri-gossip-rumours

The biggest reason I am not fond of the Shaqiri signing is because it appears to be at the expense of signing Simon. Hopefully, that is not the case, and we still bring Simon in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #28: Jul 13, 2018 12:02:29 pm
      https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/988204/Liverpool-transfer-news-Moses-Simon-Xherdan-Shaqiri-gossip-rumours

The biggest reason I am not fond of the Shaqiri signing is because it appears to be at the expense of signing Simon. Hopefully, that is not the case, and we still bring Simon in.

The player himself has stated he has had no contact from us.

Not happening.

Quick Reply