Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Moses Simon (Gent)

Read 16009 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Moses Simon (Gent)
      Jun 06, 2018 11:47:29 am
      https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1004135277055676417

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1004236697335263232

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1004109580102787072

When Neil Jones says Origi/Wilson would be given a chance in the pre-season, does that mean we've put the chase for a "versatile forward" on hold? Hopefully, its about squad depth, we should be after the likes of Pulisic or Bailey!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Moses Simon (Gent)
      Reply #1: Jun 06, 2018 11:59:33 am
      Quick YouTube and he must be the only player on those best clips where you are left thinking why!

I would much prefer Wilson than this guy, must a cheap punt to see if we can bolster his value to sell on for profit in a couple of years.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2: Jun 06, 2018 11:59:59 am
      His middle name is Daddy.

Just wanted to make that fact known.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #3: Jun 06, 2018 12:10:06 pm
      Was unable to make the World Cup squad through injury... so.. at least he'll be rested then.  ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44280542

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2018 12:15:06 pm by DanMann »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Jun 06, 2018 02:39:17 pm
      Was unable to make the World Cup squad through injury... so.. at least he'll be rested then.  ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44280542

Injured that is not that serious, just enough to leave him home.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5: Jun 06, 2018 02:44:36 pm
      Better than Moses?
      _Dimitri_
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 06, 2018 04:52:19 pm
      Not good enough and very inconsistent. Rather give Ojo, Wilson, Kent a chance
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #7: Jun 06, 2018 05:28:06 pm
      Never heard of this guy, but it's a bit underwhelming to go from Fekir and Lemar one day, to this kid the next....
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #8: Jun 06, 2018 06:07:31 pm
      havent seen the lad play. anybody from belgium who watches Gent?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #9: Jun 07, 2018 07:00:05 pm
      If his name was Simonho you guys would want him.
      Kopite78
      Reply #10: Jun 07, 2018 07:31:10 pm
      If his name was Simonho you guys would want him.

If he was any good we'd want him

This is the only lad I've ever seen unable to be made look good on a YouTube compilation

F**k me you could still make Katie Price not look like a haggard old sh*te on a YouTube compilation
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #11: Jun 07, 2018 07:40:32 pm
      If he was any good we'd want him

This is the only lad I've ever seen unable to be made look good on a YouTube compilation

F**k me you could still make Katie Price not look like a haggard old sh*te on a YouTube compilation

Come on, that's not right. Check out this video for example..

https://youtu.be/ng5_N91CFwc

Unfortunately for him, his name is Moses. He looks a talent though.

Kopite78
      Reply #12: Jun 07, 2018 07:43:49 pm

Looks like Adama Traore.

*I wouldn't want him either
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #13: Jun 07, 2018 07:46:03 pm
      Looks like Adama Traore.

*I wouldn't want him either

That's the guy that runs and runs to the by line isn't it?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #14: Jun 09, 2018 04:25:32 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqY4LY8lUi0

Decent. Good control, two-footed, pacey and can shoot a ball.*

*This is the first time I've watched him play :D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #15: Jun 09, 2018 12:01:49 pm

Not just Moses. But also a Simon!
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #16: Jun 09, 2018 07:47:10 pm
      Not just Moses. But also a Simon!

:lmao:

All gone quiet with this lad though..
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #17: Jun 14, 2018 06:51:27 am

Hey Dan, I'd agree with you. Not sure why some others here are so down on the guy. Personally, I could see him as being a really solid rotational option for Mane in lesser PL games. Perhaps doesn't have the power that Mane can provide at times, but definitely has the pace and trickery to contribute for us, plus seems to provide some good, thoughtful crosses, that I'm sure Firmino would appreciate. Hands down prefer him being moulded into the Klopp way than bringing in Shaqiri.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #18: Jun 14, 2018 08:43:39 am
      Hey Dan, I'd agree with you. Not sure why some others here are so down on the guy. Personally, I could see him as being a really solid rotational option for Mane in lesser PL games. Perhaps doesn't have the power that Mane can provide at times, but definitely has the pace and trickery to contribute for us, plus seems to provide some good, thoughtful crosses, that I'm sure Firmino would appreciate. Hands down prefer him being moulded into the Klopp way than bringing in Shaqiri.

Why not both it's not like we haven't got money could get the pair for much less than Mancs are willing to pay for a very average left back in Danny Rose.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #19: Jun 14, 2018 11:55:34 am
      Why not both it's not like we haven't got money could get the pair for much less than Mancs are willing to pay for a very average left back in Danny Rose.

Personally, I'd hate to hear we didn't get a top keeper because we weren't prepared to spend an extra 15 mil on him, but we got Shaqiri for that much who will never suit our system for 60+ min (which rules him out as a starter, even a rotational one). Sure, he could potentially play a handy role off the bench in certain games, but we shouldn't spend that much on that instead of a younger, faster, and fitter option who could be developed to replace Mane when he'll no doubt be lured away in the next season or two. Shaqiri is also not a player who'd enjoy playing the minor part we could offer him. He actually suits a struggling side that needs an outlet to not only hold the ball up with his strength and positioning, but has the trickery to then take a man on or play the right pass to keep possession or even counter properly. Anything higher than, say, Leicester wouldn't suit him and probably vice-versa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20: Jun 14, 2018 03:31:01 pm
      Personally, I'd hate to hear we didn't get a top keeper because we weren't prepared to spend an extra 15 mil on him, but we got Shaqiri for that much who will never suit our system for 60+ min (which rules him out as a starter, even a rotational one). Sure, he could potentially play a handy role off the bench in certain games, but we shouldn't spend that much on that instead of a younger, faster, and fitter option who could be developed to replace Mane when he'll no doubt be lured away in the next season or two. Shaqiri is also not a player who'd enjoy playing the minor part we could offer him. He actually suits a struggling side that needs an outlet to not only hold the ball up with his strength and positioning, but has the trickery to then take a man on or play the right pass to keep possession or even counter properly. Anything higher than, say, Leicester wouldn't suit him and probably vice-versa.

We need some extra strength though as proven towards the end of last season when the injuries started to kick in within the squad. Plus I've always been impressed with Shaqiri's dead ball situations when he has played at Anfield for Stoke.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #21: Jun 14, 2018 06:08:12 pm
      We need some extra strength though as proven towards the end of last season when the injuries started to kick in within the squad. Plus I've always been impressed with Shaqiri's dead ball situations when he has played at Anfield for Stoke.

Hey fair enough. He's very much a luxury pick to me, and I'd rather see us use those on young energetic players, like Simon, who've had good seasons in leagues such as Belgium, Holland, and Portugal, and have the potential to be developed into world class Klopp players like Firmino (and I reckon Fabinho will be). I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one after the WC though.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #22: Jun 14, 2018 09:32:01 pm
      Hey fair enough. He's very much a luxury pick to me, and I'd rather see us use those on young energetic players, like Simon, who've had good seasons in leagues such as Belgium, Holland, and Portugal, and have the potential to be developed into world class Klopp players like Firmino (and I reckon Fabinho will be). I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one after the WC though.

All I'm saying is give the "Magic Dwarf" a chance I think he could do a job for us, also he shoots well from outside the box something we've been lacking since Stevie G left.  ;)

Quick Reply