Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City)

Read 68671 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri
      Reply #46: Jun 06, 2018 10:48:23 pm

Nor does it appear that Oblak or Allison are either.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #47: Jun 06, 2018 10:50:40 pm
      Add a sprinkle of Klopp and we have a class player imo. Can't underestimate what the Gaffer did with most of our lads. He "improves" and we have a player.. Cheap as chips?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #48: Jun 06, 2018 11:20:33 pm

The club's line that was given to the press a couple of months back assuring Roma that they weren't in for Allison is one that will hold for the rest of the summer. I think we'll still have Karius as number 1 keeper and I'm ok with that. Will Migs stay as number 2? He'll go if he wants to go but if he doesn't then I think Klopp will keep him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #49: Jun 06, 2018 11:22:52 pm

Want that to happen more than any other signing, and it's the one that's least likely.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #50: Jun 06, 2018 11:26:26 pm
      I don't see any problem with buying him from Stoke,after all we have sold them some sh*te over the years.Also  in today's market 12 million  is a cheap buy, if you look at some of the cheap buys we have signed over the years who turned out to be bargains.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #51: Jun 07, 2018 01:13:47 am

That'd be great news. Even if they are upgrades over Karius (not sold on Allison being one, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's the #1 for Brazil for a reason), they are not 60-80M better and i much rather put that money towards Fekir, Pulisic, Lemar or any other top forward as quality depth is a bigger need.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #52: Jun 07, 2018 01:15:41 am

For sure. Barcelona paid 100M for Dembele and i highly doubt they'd sell him at a deep discount because he's not worth anywhere near 100M. That, and thrashing Klopp's apartment means to me he's not a realistic target..
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #53: Jun 07, 2018 01:19:29 am
      sign him up!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #54: Jun 07, 2018 01:40:08 am
      That'd be great news. Even if they are upgrades over Karius (not sold on Allison being one, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's the #1 for Brazil for a reason), they are not 60-80M better and i much rather put that money towards Fekir, Pulisic, Lemar or any other top forward as quality depth is a bigger need.

How about we buy them all? Why do we as fans always feel that we have to compromise on spending?

This is the year for us to make serious strides to catch City. We have to invest HEAVILY this summer.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #55: Jun 07, 2018 02:16:40 am
      What do you need to know he is almost 23 playing in a sh*t league, scored about 20 goals in over 100 apps.

And Andy Robertson was just some LB from Hull who was looking for a job outside of football 5 years ago. If we are looking at him than there is a reason. I trust Klopps judgement a little more than I trust yours mate.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #56: Jun 07, 2018 02:26:08 am
      If he can look like a decent player in a sh*t team imagine what Jürgen could do with him. But I am a bit Meh over it as the only real attractiveness in this is the price.

He should realize that its as a role-playing backup that he has his only real chance to ever win any team honors. We need a few players like that for depth, because not too many first-choice caliber players are going to sign at a given position.

No reason this needs to be instead of Fekir or any other top target.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #57: Jun 07, 2018 02:27:19 am
      Joyce and Melissa joining in with the updates, unlike the Simon rumors. Probably Shaqiri will happen in the next couple of days, and we do whatever it takes to wrap up Alisson and Fekir.

Can't see Alisson happening, me. Shaqiri maybe.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #58: Jun 07, 2018 03:46:26 am
      Not good enough for me.

If we’re going to sign a ‘squad player’ for out wide I’d rather we find a young talent who has the potential to be great rather than someone like Shaqiri who, even under Klopp’s guidance, probably won’t get much better.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #59: Jun 07, 2018 07:02:36 am
      Can't be arsed to google him but this Oblak keeps getting mentioned as some kind of problem solver ? Is he Sith or Jedi and can he bring Luke with him ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #60: Jun 07, 2018 07:04:57 am
      Can't be arsed to google him but this Oblak keeps getting mentioned as some kind of problem solver ? Is he Sith or Jedi and can he bring Luke with him ?

KopiteLuke?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #61: Jun 07, 2018 07:23:18 am
      I will grab him with both arms to sign with that low fee. He's still young :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #62: Jun 07, 2018 07:51:18 am
      Doesn't tick any boxes for me but maybe cos he's been part of a sh*t team last couple of seasons,

Probably be a good squad player with his experience and if Jürgen can get another 12% out of him then he'd be a valuable asset off the bench, will need to lose a few stone though.

YNWA
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #63: Jun 07, 2018 07:54:08 am
      Talented player who lacks consistency. Obviously it was a shock when he went to Stoke seeing as he was well thought of and highly rated as a youngster coming through. I don’t know the reasons as to why it didn’t work out at inter or Munich but if he were to come toLFC he would have a lot to prove (and that’s no bad thing) as it would be his last shot at a big club. At 12 million I’d have no problem with it. Particularly if it frees up Klopp to spend a chunk on a number 10, another striker and a goal keeper.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018 09:27:11 am by Scottbot »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #64: Jun 07, 2018 08:11:30 am
      Why does Klopp have to work at this level?

Do Guradiola, Mourinho et al have to turn water into wine?

And AOC always had a much higher ceiling than Shaquiri.

As another poster posted hopefully its a smoke screen to get Lyon to pull their finger out.

I get what you’re saying but at the same time there’s no harm taking a good deal when it’s presented.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #65: Jun 07, 2018 08:17:18 am
      I get what you’re saying but at the same time there’s no harm taking a good deal when it’s presented.

Would much rather take a punt on a younger player with a higher ceiling, Malcom from Bordeaux and Bailey from Leverkusen two who come straight to mind.

I also have doubts how he will fit into Klopp's pressing style, not seen him do much off the ball when ever I have seen him play.
      danaxe
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #66: Jun 07, 2018 08:19:44 am
      Good investment doh. He is valued around 20 mil so if we can buy him for 12 mil and put him on a 3 year deal then we just try him out.

If he doesnt fit us we can prob sell him for around 18-25 mil depending on how the season goes for him. So super good investment for a squad player in my opinion^^
      Kopite78
      Reply #67: Jun 07, 2018 08:50:37 am
      If this is true I think it shows a re- evaluation in this summer's transfer strategy

Personally I don't think the manager was looking at a new number one a couple of months ago but now he is. So whereas we may have been looking at a new number 2 at say 10m aware how looking at a new number one at 60m or whatever

So the 60m on a Pulisic for example is now a 12m on this fat waste of space and a new number one keeper is priority with the funds available
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Jun 07, 2018 09:42:12 am

Really so you are fine that we continue with a keeper who's psyche and confidence is shattered or another one who we all know is sh*t? For you strength is depth is more important??
      Good God I'm so glad some of you numpties are not in charge of anything important.

Quick Reply