Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City)

Read 68690 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City)
      Reply #368: Jul 12, 2018 11:28:12 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #369: Jul 12, 2018 11:35:19 pm
      Get this wrapped up so we focus on our key targets. Although I suspect that we will only sign 1 more after Shaqiri.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #370: Jul 12, 2018 11:39:23 pm
      Very underwhelmed if I'm honest.

The one thing I'm clinging on to is that Jürgen has form for getting the maximum out of his players so I'm hoping he can do the same with shaqiri.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #371: Jul 13, 2018 12:12:43 am
      Get this wrapped up so we focus on our key targets. Although I suspect that we will only sign 1 more after Shaqiri.

Yup. Fekir next week and call it a summer transfer window
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #372: Jul 13, 2018 03:42:51 am
      I'm not sure I really rate him or want him here, but as a 5th choice attacker it could be worse... could be Ings or Origi!

This signing will need to be judged alongside the summer business as a whole because he's clearly coming in to be depth, so got to see who else we end up with. Providing at least one top quality attacker also signs then I can't get too worked out about Shaqiri.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #373: Jul 13, 2018 04:42:29 am
      Yup. Fekir next week and call it a summer transfer window

A very good summer window at that. If we get the Alpine Messi in tomorrow than turn around and get the Fekir deal done before the deadline than that would be a very good summer.

To sure up the midfield with certified bosses and than add a squad player with the PL experience and technical prowess of a Shaquri would be dope. Obviously not getting a top notch keeper would keep it from being a great window. However, if we can keep having good windows (signing good players in positions of need and not selling our best players) than we will get to where we want to be.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #374: Jul 13, 2018 07:07:58 am
      As I said earlier in this thread. I really like this guy, I'm a fan of him. He can change a game. We need quality on the bench therefore good cover for our XI. He's cheap as well.

Give him a chance.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #375: Jul 13, 2018 07:17:16 am
      As I said earlier in this thread. I really like this guy, I'm a fan of him. He can change a game. We need quality on the bench therefore good cover for our XI. He's cheap as well.

Give him a chance.
      Agree mate,also how he played for his previous teams and an absolute sh*te stoke team doesn't mean it will be the same under klopp.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #376: Jul 13, 2018 08:10:25 am
      This deal has a nice arbitrage in it. He's easily worth £20m in the market. I have no doubt we will make a decent monetary return on this trade, even if it doesn't work out for him. Just don't run down that damn contract and his resale value will be preserved.
      Kopite78
      Reply #377: Jul 13, 2018 08:14:19 am
      The money argument doesn't make sense to me

Just because he's cheap doesn't make it appealing to me.
      If someone offered me a house in the worst part of town, complete sh*t hole, surround by druggies but it was cheap.. I wouldn't buy it

Would  we still be interested if it was 50m? Or we just getting a body in because it feels too good to turn down? When things seem too good to turn down they very often aren't and you're just pissing money away
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #378: Jul 13, 2018 08:33:45 am

Give him a chance.

This...I'm not fan of him, but i agree he can change a game and give us very good option on bench.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #379: Jul 13, 2018 08:35:25 am
      Well that came out of the blue  :)

Are you saying he was going to sign for Everton---Surely not.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #380: Jul 13, 2018 08:59:18 am
      Can't see this anything other than a bit of extra depth, for a bargain.
      Experience of the PL, maybe Jürgen can trim him down and make something more out of him.
      Need guys for the early rounds of the FA cup and fizzy cola ...
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #381: Jul 13, 2018 09:00:52 am
      He's not being signed as a regular starter, so can't be compared to Keita, Fabinho as a signing.  I like him, but not sure how easily he'll fit into our system.  Whoever he replaces in the squad, he'll be an upgrade and will strengthen our squad.  I'm pleased but not ecstatic at him signing.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #382: Jul 13, 2018 09:09:27 am
      The money argument doesn't make sense to me

Just because he's cheap doesn't make it appealing to me.
      If someone offered me a house in the worst part of town, complete sh*t hole, surround by druggies but it was cheap.. I wouldn't buy it

Would  we still be interested if it was 50m? Or we just getting a body in because it feels too good to turn down? When things seem too good to turn down they very often aren't and you're just pissing money away

Ah. That's where the ratio called price to quality comes in. At £20m and at £50m the price to Shaqiri's quality ratios are vastly different. At £15m, that ratio is attractively low. It's a no brainier.

At £50m, we could buy a someone better than Fabinho, because this comparable transaction has just gone out for £44m.

Everything has a price. Every deal would be done at the right price. Unfortunately every seller has their own definition of what the right price is. For me, £15m is a steal taking into account his quality.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #383: Jul 13, 2018 09:12:56 am
      I don't  see   how he will strengthen   our team ,we  have to get better  players in
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #384: Jul 13, 2018 09:28:07 am
      I don't  see   how he will strengthen   our team ,we  have to get better  players in

I think we should wait and see how Jürgen fits him into the squad before crucifying the man.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #385: Jul 13, 2018 09:45:43 am
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #386: Jul 13, 2018 10:10:55 am
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #387: Jul 13, 2018 10:11:05 am
      Potentially bargain of the season.

We are essentially getting Shaqiri for free at £13m if Danny Ings can be sold for £20m. This is why I love FSG. Shrewd investors.
      Kopite78
      Reply #388: Jul 13, 2018 10:11:12 am
      Ah. That's where the ratio called price to quality comes in. At £20m and at £50m the price to Shaqiri's quality ratios are vastly different. At £15m, that ratio is attractively low. It's a no brainier.

At £50m, we could buy a someone better than Fabinho, because this comparable transaction has just gone out for £44m.

Everything has a price. Every deal would be done at the right price. Unfortunately every seller has their own definition of what the right price is. For me, £15m is a steal taking into account his quality.

Yeah ok. 🙄

If you want to judge things as an economic angle fine.. I just find that odd. I'd rather just get really sound players in myself

Just imagine you going to the Tesco for a sandwich and saying that's a bit pricy for a sandwich that in date fresh good quality one.
      You got any in the bins out of date for far less?

If that out of date sh*t tasting sandwich was full price you wouldn't buy it would you
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #389: Jul 13, 2018 10:11:21 am
      I will be here dishing out 'I told you so' when Shaqiri is winning us matches coming from the bench.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #390: Jul 13, 2018 10:11:45 am

You'd rather keep Woodburn on the bench another season?

Quick Reply