Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City)

Read 68664 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City)
      Reply #391: Jul 13, 2018 10:12:18 am
      Potentially bargain of the season.

Potentially a disaster too

I will be here dishing out 'I told you so' when Shaqiri is winning us matches coming from the bench.

And every one of us sceptics would gladly take them should he do that

I won't be dishing out I told you so if he turns out to be a waste of time though
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #392: Jul 13, 2018 10:19:12 am

Can't be worse than a £16m write off of Mario Ballotelli. Even a £13m write off is better off than Mario's £16m.

Anyway he's essentially free if we manage to get £20m for our want away Danny Ings. Low risk on the money side aside from him running down his contact.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #393: Jul 13, 2018 10:19:30 am
      We are essentially getting Shaqiri for free at £13m if Danny Ings can be sold for £20m. This is why I love FSG. Shrewd investors.

And this post is everything I dislike about them.

Mix it with trophies and I'm in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #394: Jul 13, 2018 10:23:05 am

Rome wasn't built in a day mate.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #395: Jul 13, 2018 10:23:40 am

:lmao:
      They're money men playing Moneyball. For as long as they're our owners. The music doesn't stop. They'll find the next Suarez and Coutinho to sell to those suckers in Spain.

Let's hope we win some big trophies along the way ya? Make us happy damn it you FSG!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #396: Jul 13, 2018 10:24:31 am
      Can't be worse than a £16m write off of Mario Ballotelli. Even a £13m write off is better off than Mario's £16m.

Anyway he's essentially free if we manage to get £20m for our want away Danny Ings. Low risk on the money side aside from him running down his contact.

Plus in today's mad market £13 million is £5 million only 3 years ago
      Kopite78
      Reply #397: Jul 13, 2018 10:28:03 am

What you on about? Why judge it as not a bad as losing more money

It's nothing to do with Ings anyway..
      Tell why the two aren't related? Because ings even with not playing has been a massive positive influence on the dressing room, they all love him to bits, he's such a popular member of the dressing room.
      Stories about Shaqiri from the past don't suggest the same..
      I remember him at Anfield a couple of seasons Back, if he lost the ball trying something f**king daft or blaming another 30 yard shot to f**king nothing his head went down, he didn't turn and track, he moans at his team mates cause he fu**ed up..  they moaned at him cause he would work resulting in him telling two of then to f**k off and then had an argument with his manager

Love all that me

Just our type that

Low risk money wise, (he hasn't run his contract down by te way he had a relegation release written in) high risk morale wise if you ask me

I can just see this lad from the bench (who hated that at Bayern and Inter by the way) thinking oh f**k that I'm better than Mane anyway so I'll just have his place in a month or so
      Then that doesn't happen cause he isn't and he starts not putting it in during training, banging weight back on. Resenting being on the bench and not working when he comes on.. trying to blam a 35 yarder to prove he should be in and 29 out of 30 ending up In the kop

Then maybe he gets his goal and I bet you there isn't the outpouring from the squad that Ings got after West Brom because likely they think he's a c**t and his attitude is crap

Low risk though.. can't wait
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #398: Jul 13, 2018 10:28:18 am
      :lmao:
      They're money men playing Moneyball. For as long as they're our owners. The music doesn't stop. They'll find the next Suarez and Coutinho to sell to those suckers in Spain.

Let's hope we win some big trophies along the way ya? Make us happy damn it you FSG!

I have no idea what any of that even means.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #399: Jul 13, 2018 10:36:36 am
      For the money we are certainly getting a player who has the quality to play in this league. Rumblings that he has a a bit of an attitude problem but I can't imagine Jürgen putting up with any of that sh*t. Can play either wing or a No.10. We certainly were lacking in the winger department last season so that's a plus. He has shown flashe's of genius in the past even playing in a crap team like Stoke. I'm looking forward to him coming TBH.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #400: Jul 13, 2018 10:42:31 am

Tell why the two aren't related? Because ings even with not playing has been a massive positive influence on the dressing room, they all love him to bits, he's such a popular member of the dressing room.
      I remember him at Anfield a couple of seasons Back, if he lost the ball trying something f**king daft or blaming another 30 yard shot to f**king nothing his head went down, he didn't turn and track, he moans at his team mates cause he fu**ed up..  they moaned at him cause he would work resulting in him telling two of then to f**k off and then had an argument with his manager

Love all that me

Just our type that

Low risk money wise, (he hasn't run his contract down by te way he had a relegation release written in) high risk morale wise if you ask me

I can just see this lad from the bench (who hated that at Bayern and Inter by the way) thinking oh f**k that I'm better than Mane anyway so I'll just have his place in a month or so
      Then that doesn't happen cause he isn't and he starts not putting it in during training, banging weight back on. Resenting being on the bench and not working when he comes on.. trying to blam a 35 yarder to prove he should be in and 29 out of 30 ending up In the kop

Then maybe he gets his goal and I bet you there isn't the outpouring from the squad that Ings got after West Brom because likely they think he's a c**t and his attitude is crap

I see now it's his attitude you're concerned about. If so then offload him after one season for £20m. Still a cool £7m or about 50% gain. I'm sure the Moneyball men at the club think this way.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #401: Jul 13, 2018 11:30:36 am
      I Get the feeling his attitude will be fine once he's playing with Bobby, Sadio, Mo etc as they all seem to have a load of fun playing together. Who wouldn't want to be part of that?

Hell you might even see Shaqiri smile 
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #402: Jul 13, 2018 11:33:42 am
      I see now it's his attitude you're concerned about. If so then offload him after one season for £20m. Still a cool £7m or about 50% gain. I'm sure the Moneyball men at the club think this way.

Schalke bought a player last year we'd been scouting, Amine Harit, from Nantes for 7 mil, who is now worth about 20 mil or so. If he'd played for us (and in our system) instead, I have no doubt he'd be worth double that. Even if we bought him now for that higher fee, we'd still likely turn him into a 60+ mil player within a couple years.

Young, versatile, exceptional traits, passionate, works hard, and would kill it in our system. And he's not the only one of such out there.

Shaqiri may not end up being awful. We may not end up losing money on his eventual sale. But his place in the team comes at the expense of the Harits and the Simons out there, or the Woodburns and such from within our club, whose higher ceilings we may never explore.

Of course, like some of the other critics here, despite our doubts, despite these other costs that come from his inclusion, we do recognise that there is a chance he may actually contribute to some success, and will support him as a member of our beloved team if he signs.

Being critical of people and supporting them are not mutually exclusive. I am critical of kids I train, but I also support them through that criticism with guidance and practice. If Shaqiri works hard, plays smart, and has a positive influence on the dressing room, then those costs can at least be forgiven. Let's hope he does at least that!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #403: Jul 13, 2018 12:34:47 pm
      https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1017684257202999303

Everything agreed and just the medical left, and then he is ours!
      Kopite78
      Reply #404: Jul 13, 2018 12:40:00 pm

If I worked for the club I'd be photocopying Fekir's medical sheets and just tipexing the name

Ah sh*t, would you believe it his knees fu**ed

Yeah probably carrying around his massive gut that's done it

😏
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #405: Jul 13, 2018 12:53:28 pm

Either a super sub, or going to be whipped for several months to start tracking back.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #406: Jul 13, 2018 01:19:55 pm

Love all that me

Just our type that

All of this is so much more important than 13 million, 20 million, Ings. Balotelli, etc. Football is a business and business sense matters,  but in the end it is about football games. The best business is winning those games with such frequency that you win competitions. When I hear that the club cleared X in profits or raised its turnover or however you measure it, that is only noteworthy to the extent it allows us to compete for championships. There are only so many positions in the squad and everyone of them matter. There's a short-term view and a long-term view.

My only sense of peace about this signing is that Klopp has sanctioned it, so I will trust him to make it right. It's a fine tune of the squad this, but still an important one. Hoping for the best, but not excited at this point.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #407: Jul 13, 2018 01:21:24 pm
      I Get the feeling his attitude will be fine once he's playing with Bobby, Sadio, Mo etc as they all seem to have a load of fun playing together. Who wouldn't want to be part of that?

Hell you might even see Shaqiri smile

As long as he keeps his shorts covering everything.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #408: Jul 13, 2018 01:22:08 pm

During the season or question, did we win or not?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #409: Jul 13, 2018 02:06:14 pm
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #410: Jul 13, 2018 02:59:27 pm
      Sorry Real Madrid, we know you guys are looking for C. Ronaldo's replacement, but Shaqiri is choosing us over your sunny Madrid...
      ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #411: Jul 13, 2018 03:40:57 pm
      Having medical now .   13/7     PM.    and its a Friday.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #412: Jul 13, 2018 03:41:08 pm
      Proven international wiyh premier league experience for 13 million and people having a moan.

Reminds me of Chamberlain and Roberston
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #413: Jul 13, 2018 03:43:14 pm
      Proven international wiyh premier league experience for 13 million and people having a moan.

Reminds me of Chamberlain and Roberston

And crying moneyball to boot,,,,Moneyball was tossed out the window years ago...Two guys call all the shots on transfers and it's not  Werner/Henry.

And Mane and salah and gini

Quick Reply