Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mario Götze (Borrusia Dortmund)

Read 14544 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Mario Götze (Borrusia Dortmund)
      Jun 10, 2018 10:12:36 am
      Borrusia Dortmund midfielder Mario Gotze is talking up the chances of being reunited with Jürgen Klopp after a failed bid in 2016, according to the Independent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-mario-gotze-Jürgen-klopp-latest-bid-update-borussia-dortmund-a8391006.html

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2018 09:16:34 pm by RedPuppy »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Mario Gotze
      Reply #1: Jun 10, 2018 10:41:16 am
      Fitness is pretty grim, fragile mentally and physically and form awful. Apart from that...
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2: Jun 10, 2018 11:04:17 am
      NO.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2018 11:57:05 am
      That boat has sailed
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2018 11:58:06 am
      He's total sh*t now.

Hard pass on this one.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2018 06:43:19 pm
      A big fat NO! Has lost pace (considering he is only 26), very fragile and isnt an improvement over what we have!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Jun 10, 2018 08:24:38 pm
      he had a chance to come here didn't he  ? why give him a second chance he is yesterdays man
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2018 11:15:46 pm
      Not unless it's on a free.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #8: Jun 10, 2018 11:19:39 pm
      No give Wilson a chance just buy other guy that fhish as footballer
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Re: Mario Götze (Borrusia Dortmund)
      Reply #9: Jun 11, 2018 09:46:17 pm
      If the Gaffer has breathed life into many of our players old and new I'm sure he'll get his former go to guy back on track..  I like the romance of this..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Jun 11, 2018 10:32:57 pm
      No thanks.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #11: Jun 11, 2018 10:47:40 pm
      If the Gaffer has breathed life into many of our players old and new I'm sure he'll get his former go to guy back on track..  I like the romance of this..

You must be joking.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #12: Jun 11, 2018 10:57:53 pm

Dr frankenstein would find it hard to revive gotze's career
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #13: Jun 11, 2018 11:21:08 pm

Edit:

Not even if it's on a free.
      Rohan
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #14: Jun 12, 2018 07:56:16 am
      As well as him not being good enough, this lad once had a chance of joining us, as Klopp said once we are looking for players who want to push the train not jump on it as it’s running. So it’s a double no
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #15: Jun 13, 2018 12:42:09 am
      Interesting rumor, not that i think it happens. Close relationship with Klopp from Dortmund days makes it an obvious rumor when we’re looking for another #10, but he’s really struggled the past couple of years where if it happened he’d have to come as a rotational player at a reduced cost.

Maybe Dortmund will say “fine, we’ll sell you Pulisic but you gotta take Gotze too”  ;)
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #16: Jun 13, 2018 02:39:38 am
      I don't think he is as bad as people here make him out to be. He was full of potential that, for some reason, never developed. Maybe he moved to early to Bayern or whatever.

From a technical point of view, he is skilled and could be of help. What I don't like about him tho is the physical part of his game. He is, to a certain extent, pretty slow, not really strong and I noticed from watching a lot of BVB games both recently and back in the days, that his stamina is not great either. He also has a tendency to miss quite a lot of games due to injuries.

With that said, the area where he excels is in front of the opposition's box and inside of it. Good vision, can pass the ball and he positions himself well. The numbers have not been great the past couple of seasons.

Dortmund sold him to Bayern for 37M and got him back for 22M. In the case of us wanting him as a rotation player with a chance of him proving himself in order to gain minutes and at a good price, I wouldn't be against it.

A fee around 15M would put him in the same area of players like Shaqiri. Low risk, potentially decent reward. But once again, this is only if we bring him in as a rotation player and not as the AM deal that is supposed to replace Fekir.

Anything from 12M to 18M (give or take 2 million) and I'm in. Also, the manager he had the most success under is undoubtedly Klopp. He wants to rejoin Klopp, Dortmund deems him surplus or need the funds? Bring the lad in, but only if we pay a very very reasonable price for him. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17: Jun 13, 2018 03:32:52 am
      I don't think he is as bad as people here make him out to be. He was full of potential that, for some reason, never developed. Maybe he moved to early to Bayern or whatever.

From a technical point of view, he is skilled and could be of help. What I don't like about him tho is the physical part of his game. He is, to a certain extent, pretty slow, not really strong and I noticed from watching a lot of BVB games both recently and back in the days, that his stamina is not great either. He also has a tendency to miss quite a lot of games due to injuries.

With that said, the area where he excels is in front of the opposition's box and inside of it. Good vision, can pass the ball and he positions himself well. The numbers have not been great the past couple of seasons.

Dortmund sold him to Bayern for 37M and got him back for 22M. In the case of us wanting him as a rotation player with a chance of him proving himself in order to gain minutes and at a good price, I wouldn't be against it.

A fee around 15M would put him in the same area of players like Shaqiri. Low risk, potentially decent reward. But once again, this is only if we bring him in as a rotation player and not as the AM deal that is supposed to replace Fekir.

Anything from 12M to 18M (give or take 2 million) and I'm in. Also, the manager he had the most success under is undoubtedly Klopp. He wants to rejoin Klopp, Dortmund deems him surplus or need the funds? Bring the lad in, but only if we pay a very very reasonable price for him. 

Klopp has said many times he does not like to work with players a 2nd time around...I imagine it will be the case with this one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: Jun 13, 2018 09:40:34 am
      Has he actually performed well at any point since winning the World Cup 4 years ago? If there’s one player who is living off one past success it’s Gotze.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #19: Jun 13, 2018 01:56:17 pm
      Does he not have a health condition that is fairly restricting his football career?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #20: Jun 13, 2018 02:49:04 pm
      Klopp has said many times he does not like to work with players a 2nd time around...I imagine it will be the case with this one.

He has, yes, but wasn't it a legit rumor couple years ago about Gotze coming over? Maybe Gotze is an exception to that statement.

I watched a couple YT clips of Gotze last season and the control, dribbling and passing is still there but health and consistency are the issues now.

If he'd come on the cheap (say, 15M) and that lower price allowed us to get a really good player up front (say, Werner), i think i'd prefer Gotze + Werner vs. Fekir + Shaqiri
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #21: Jun 13, 2018 03:00:21 pm
      Passed his best no? Better hit it for that Pulisic boy...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Jun 13, 2018 03:32:52 pm
      Why the F are we discussing this pr**k joining us, he had his change before and snubbed us, since then he has not done anything to impress so we dodged a bullet.

NEXT!!!!

Quick Reply