Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

World Cup Scouting Thread

Read 45971 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: World Cup Scouting Thread
      Reply #138: Jun 24, 2018 03:28:47 pm
      Both games I've watched him play in this WC he looked very bad indeed. He was played down the middle to start the game yesterday and he didn't show any kind of creativity either in tight spaces or even when the pitch was a bit more clear in front of him.

You can't even bring up the excuse of the final third being completely overcrowded and shut by Mexico and Sweden to excuse his bad game because Werner was moved to the LW position (Draxler's main position in both games) and he basically assisted the first goal and won the free-kick that won Germany the game.

Another thing I noticed is that he seems to be really slow he for a winger.

Draxler was always slow not sure how he ended up a winger. He had one half decent season and World Cup 4 years ago been living off it since. Only a fool would pay money to sign him. Can see him leaving PSG on a free and ending up back in Germany at a mid table club.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #139: Jun 24, 2018 04:07:36 pm
      Draxler was always slow not sure how he ended up a winger. He had one half decent season and World Cup 4 years ago been living off it since. Only a fool would pay money to sign him. Can see him leaving PSG on a free and ending up back in Germany at a mid table club.
      He is pretty bad especially when you watch him with, in the back of your head, the expectations linked to his name. This goes to show you that sometimes players are built up into something they are not mainly by some highlights on a video and mouth to ear praise that people replicate without taking a real look at the said player.

He moved from Wolfsburg to PSG on a 36M fee which is crazy because this was pre-inflation. In today's market, this is the equivalent of what? Around 80M no less? He's not awful, but certainly not worth that fee.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #140: Jun 24, 2018 05:00:11 pm
      He is pretty bad especially when you watch him with, in the back of your head, the expectations linked to his name. This goes to show you that sometimes players are built up into something they are not mainly by some highlights on a video and mouth to ear praise that people replicate without taking a real look at the said player.

He moved from Wolfsburg to PSG on a 36M fee which is crazy because this was pre-inflation. In today's market, this is the equivalent of what? Around 80M no less? He's not awful, but certainly not worth that fee.

I was impressed with him in the confederation cup tbh, but nothing stand out. I would take Shaqiri over Draxler. Whilst Shaqiri is inconsistent, he can at least produce moments of magic, and at 26, his peak years are approaching, certainly a player worth taking a gamble on, especially at 12.5m and probably low wages (he is on 65k at Stoke)!

I would be very happy if we signed Kovacic and Shaqiri for our attack/midfield and stop at that.
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2018 05:11:49 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #141: Jun 24, 2018 06:47:30 pm
      I was impressed with him in the confederation cup tbh, but nothing stand out. I would take Shaqiri over Draxler. Whilst Shaqiri is inconsistent, he can at least produce moments of magic, and at 26, his peak years are approaching, certainly a player worth taking a gamble on, especially at 12.5m and probably low wages (he is on 65k at Stoke)!

I would be very happy if we signed Kovacic and Shaqiri for our attack/midfield and stop at that.
      Draxler was Germany's worst player in both games. This is how disappointing he is until now. I'd be surprised if he started the next game. Brandt and Werner as a winger are two options way ahead of him in the pecking order atm in my opinion.

Kovacic is good, but I doubt Madrid lets him move. If I had to take a guess Madrid is going to slowly transition him into Modric's role and position and what a better mentor than an another Croatian who plays the exact same position he does and somehow has a very very similar skill set, but on a more developed level.

Kovacic is pure ''Madrid level quality'' and at 24,  they are probably planning on keeping for a long time. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #142: Jun 24, 2018 07:00:41 pm
      Kovacic is good, but I doubt Madrid lets him move. If I had to take a guess Madrid is going to slowly transition him into Modric's role and position and what a better mentor than an another Croatian who plays the exact same position he does and somehow has a very very similar skill set, but on a more developed level.

Kovacic is pure ''Madrid level quality'' and at 24,  they are probably planning on keeping for a long time.

I agree,  but he said he wants to leave, so why keep an unhappy player? I think he is a complete midfielder that can play 6, 8 and 10 with a lot of similarities to Ox. I would take him over Fekir as I have seen more Kovacic than Fekir.

Going on the prices of, Keita, Fabinho, Jorginho and Fred, I reckon he'd cost 40-60m, and if that's the case, we should jump on him asap!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #143: Jun 24, 2018 07:40:06 pm
      Quintero looks  a tidy little player
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #144: Jun 24, 2018 07:42:16 pm
      I agree,  but he said he wants to leave, so why keep an unhappy player? I think he is a complete midfielder that can play 6, 8 and 10 with a lot of similarities to Ox. I would take him over Fekir as I have seen more Kovacic than Fekir.

Going on the prices of, Keita, Fabinho, Jorginho and Fred, I reckon he'd cost 40-60m, and if that's the case, we should jump on him asap!
      I agree with you, I'd take him anytime too. Unfortunately, RM came out not so long after he said that and said they were not going to let him go which leads me to believe they'll try and accommodate him and start transitioning him into a starting role by giving him much more playing time.

RM renegotiated a lot of their players contracts after the Neymar saga last summer and so if you want to bypass negotiations with them and buy him anyway, his release clause is only 300M  :)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #145: Jun 24, 2018 07:53:39 pm
      Unfortunately, RM came out not so long after he said that and said they were not going to let him go which leads me to believe they'll try and accommodate him and start transitioning him into a starting role by giving him much more playing time.

F**k sake, didn't know they said that :( Oh well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #146: Jun 24, 2018 07:57:53 pm
      James looks like he’d be perfect for us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #147: Jun 24, 2018 07:59:16 pm
      I agree with you, I'd take him anytime too. Unfortunately, RM came out not so long after he said that and said they were not going to let him go which leads me to believe they'll try and accommodate him and start transitioning him into a starting role by giving him much more playing time.

RM renegotiated a lot of their players contracts after the Neymar saga last summer and so if you want to bypass negotiations with them and buy him anyway, his release clause is only 300M  :)

With the change of coach to one with a track record of developing youngsters and a few players getting older expect to see the younger guys get more minutes
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #148: Jun 24, 2018 07:59:21 pm
      James looks like he’d be perfect for us.

Suck a quality player when used in the right formation.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #149: Jun 24, 2018 08:13:32 pm
      That Cuadrado lad on the right wing wouldn't be a bad back up for Mo  :P
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #150: Jun 25, 2018 03:15:15 pm
      Godin. Dont care how old he is. What a defender
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #151: Jun 25, 2018 03:32:46 pm
      Godin. Dont care how old he is. What a defender

Superb, another born leader who knows how to marshal a defence.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #152: Jun 25, 2018 05:04:28 pm

Yep, always reminded me of Hyypia because of how he reads the game tbh. Absolutely monster of a defender.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #153: Jun 25, 2018 05:30:19 pm
      Yep, always reminded me of Hyypia because of how he reads the game tbh. Absolutely monster of a defender.

Excellent as ever, even without his apprentice Giminez
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #154: Jun 25, 2018 07:29:48 pm

Agree.

I'd love him here.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #155: Jun 27, 2018 05:48:51 am
      Am I the only one who has spotted Musa from Nigeria here?

He is like another Mane! Imagine having them rotating throughout the season...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #156: Jun 27, 2018 11:39:32 am

He looks good!!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #157: Jun 27, 2018 05:46:11 pm

I spotted him one page ago.

Not happening.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #158: Jun 27, 2018 05:48:28 pm
      If cheap enough we will, for the commercial opportunities that lie ahead in the Korean market!

Cho stood on his head today to keep Germany out of the net. Commands his area well, also.

Highly unlikely I know.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #159: Jun 27, 2018 07:40:58 pm
      Coutinho has been immense. Have to admit that I'd rather have him in the team then the money. Still 26 and performing on the biggest stage of them all.
      know he wanted to leave but still, can't help but feel bit sorry. Great player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #160: Jun 27, 2018 07:45:22 pm
      Coutinho has been immense. Have to admit that I'd rather have him in the team then the money. Still 26 and performing on the biggest stage of them all.
      know he wanted to leave but still, can't help but feel bit sorry. Great player.

Id rather have the money than a player who didn't want to play for us.

Quick Reply