Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

New Goalkeeper Thread?

Read 40577 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      New Goalkeeper Thread?
      Jun 21, 2018 06:43:37 pm
      As many of the topics in this thread are becoming infected with goalkeeper discussion regarding Karius and any possible replacements i thought it might be a good idea to have a topic specifically for the discussion of the goalkeeping position?

Discuss, debate.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Re: New Goalkeeper Thread?
      Reply #1: Jun 21, 2018 06:54:32 pm
      Although I can't stand or probably even spell his name if we cannot get oblak, I don't want to spending a fortune on a keeper we put 7 past Alisson and I would go and try to get young schmiechel.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2: Jun 21, 2018 06:57:59 pm

He's 31...

Another keeper thread 😂

Yeah we probably need one but don't hurt your heads and just wait to see if the manager brings one in

Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #3: Jun 21, 2018 07:00:41 pm
      He's 31...

Another keeper thread 😂

Yeah we probably need one but don't hurt your heads and just wait to see if the manager brings one in

Meant to differentiate between him and his dad, still a good couple of years in him and wouldn't cost a fortune I rate him and Liecester Struggled without him when he was injured a great organiser at the back also .
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4: Jun 21, 2018 07:01:51 pm
      He's 31...

Another keeper thread 😂

Those 31yo whippersnappers, i tell ya
      Kopite78
      Reply #5: Jun 21, 2018 07:07:51 pm
      Meant to differentiate between him and his dad,

Not sure any of us would have confused the two 😀 don't think we're after his 54 year old dad
      Mind you we could have signed him, he was a Liverpool fan and wrote to the club in the early 90s begging for a trial
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6: Jun 21, 2018 07:09:59 pm
      Bet you Klopp sticks with Karius and replaces Migs.

Personally think all of the goalkeeper rumors are just from journalists drumming up clicks. Had Klopp wanted a new keeper to replace Karius, I think he'd have bought one already.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #7: Jun 21, 2018 07:15:56 pm
      Not sure any of us would have confused the two 😀 don't think we're after his 54 year old dad
      Mind you we could have signed him, he was a Liverpool fan and wrote to the club in the early 90s begging for a trial

Must just be the northerner in me when referring to anyone's son we or at least I start with "young" usually follow it with "un" but you wouldn't know who I was talking about if I didn't mention his name .

Anyway do threads usually go off a kilter just 4 posts in or do we actually get down to debating actual footballers 

As above I rate the lad, sorry I rate the approaching middle aged goal keeper ( if that helps ) if  Klopp plans on keeping Karius Schmiechel would be a good signing IMO.
      Kopite78
      Reply #8: Jun 21, 2018 07:28:13 pm
      Must just be the northerner in me when referring to anyone's son we or at least I start with "young" usually follow it with "un" but you wouldn't know who I was talking about if I didn't mention his name .

Anyway do threads usually go off a kilter just 4 posts in or do we actually get down to debating actual footballers 

As above I rate the lad, sorry I rate the approaching middle aged goal keeper ( if that helps ) if  Klopp plans on keeping Karius Schmiechel would be a good signing IMO.

Debate all you like

It's another f**king pointless thread like but go ahead
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2018 07:51:20 pm by Kopite78 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9: Jun 21, 2018 07:29:01 pm

Nope we just generally take the piss, what do you think this is? Rawk? :laugh:

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #10: Jun 21, 2018 07:32:41 pm

Yep.

Pretty confident we'll buy a keeper but those thinking Karius will  you gone will be disappointed.

I've a feeling Karius will cement himself as No 1 next season as well.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #11: Jun 21, 2018 07:38:54 pm
      Yep.

Pretty confident we'll buy a keeper but those thinking Karius will  you gone will be disappointed.

That's what I am thinking Si....he's gonna need nerves of steel..if this doesn't kill him it will make him stronger.

Saw some supporters online asking if they should protest if he starts in goal..I just can't get my head around this, really can't.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #12: Jun 21, 2018 07:51:35 pm
      That's what I am thinking Si....he's gonna need nerves of steel..if this doesn't kill him it will make him stronger.

Indeed.

It will be interesting to see how he responds mate. At the end if the final I thought it was a game he'd struggle to get over but time can be a healer.

Saw some supporters online asking if they should protest if he starts in goal..I just can't get my head around this, really can't.

There's a section of out fanbase who have seriously lost their minds.

They'll be protesting and getting petitions started based on each games team selections soon if it doesn't go their way.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13: Jun 21, 2018 08:19:33 pm
      Karius will either comeback much much better and mature or he will be a complete mess and the likes of Ratboy will be waiting for his first mistake to pounce on him. Therefore its imperative for Liverpool supporters to get behind this lad as he is going to need it.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #14: Jun 21, 2018 08:54:03 pm
      Karius will either comeback much much better and mature or he will be a complete mess and the likes of Ratboy will be waiting for his first mistake to pounce on him. Therefore its imperative for Liverpool supporters to get behind this lad as he is going to need it.

Agree but it won't be just ratboy he's going to get crucified by every other opposing fan on match day, is he strong enough mentally to cope ? I don't know and can we take that chance.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15: Jun 21, 2018 09:03:54 pm

If he can't prove to Jürgen that he can come back stronger, he won't be coming back at all. It's that simple really. I genuinely believe Liverpool will retain him as the number one next season in the absence of anyone better at a reasonable price.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Jun 21, 2018 09:06:00 pm
      I think Jürgen likes to give people a chance so I think and hope actually he is number one next season and plays out of his skin.
      He may feel a bit better having seen some of the howlers in the World Cup
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #17: Jun 21, 2018 09:25:21 pm
      The Argentina/Croatia game

a) Argentina’s in ability to deal with the ball going out wide from Croatian attack

b) Willy Caballero first mistake

c) The substitutions …. Never should have taken Aguero off for Higuain. Felt that the right move at the time should have been Messi. Always had at least two players on him so found it hard to dribble let alone pick out a decent pass

d) Willy Caballero second mistake…
      Why, even when you are into time added on, and the ball comes to you with all but one of your defenders in Croatia’s half do you hit it long, especially when your team has barely won a header all game…?? When he stepped up to launch the ball forward I knew that it would come straight back in the form of a counter attack… It was poor judgement on his behalf especially when he could have played it to the defender

Goall keeper errors seem to be one of the themes of this World Cup
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #18: Jun 21, 2018 11:25:54 pm
      Yep.

please don’t say this

Let’s hope we will get a keeper that can catch a ball

Have faith
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #19: Jun 21, 2018 11:26:51 pm
      The Argentina/Croatia game

a) Argentina’s in ability to deal with the ball going out wide from Croatian attack

b) Willy Caballero first mistake

c) The substitutions …. Never should have taken Aguero off for Higuain. Felt that the right move at the time should have been Messi. Always had at least two players on him so found it hard to dribble let alone pick out a decent pass

d) Willy Caballero second mistake…
      Why, even when you are into time added on, and the ball comes to you with all but one of your defenders in Croatia’s half do you hit it long, especially when your team has barely won a header all game…?? When he stepped up to launch the ball forward I knew that it would come straight back in the form of a counter attack… It was poor judgement on his behalf especially when he could have played it to the defender

Goall keeper errors seem to be one of the themes of this World Cup

I’m waiting for him to come out with a concussion excuse stating he confused the players
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: Jun 21, 2018 11:38:02 pm

Personally think all of the goalkeeper rumors are just from journalists drumming up clicks. Had Klopp wanted a new keeper to replace Karius, I think he'd have bought one already.

Unfortunately I think you're right. Read somewhere earlier, can't remember where or if it's accurate but it said that Klopp has only spent a total of £5mill on keepers throughout his management career to date. Not had chance to see if is accurate but at the same time, it doesn't actually surprise me if it is given how long he stuck with Migs and how many chances he gave him.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #21: Jun 22, 2018 12:13:21 am
      As many of the topics in this thread are becoming infected with goalkeeper discussion regarding Karius and any possible replacements i thought it might be a good idea to have a topic specifically for the discussion of the goalkeeping position?

Discuss, debate.

Thank you for doing this!!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #22: Jun 22, 2018 01:25:18 am
      I’m waiting for him to come out with a concussion excuse stating he confused the players

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply