Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

New Goalkeeper Thread?

Read 40565 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: New Goalkeeper Thread?
      Reply #115: Jul 15, 2018 11:15:20 am
      Dudek made so many mistakes, and mistakes against our arch rivals. Wouldn't call him a top keeper at all.
      And what did you think of him after the 2005
      CL final...?
      « Last Edit: Jul 15, 2018 11:09:34 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #116: Jul 15, 2018 11:53:15 am
      Klopp has lost 8 out of 9 cup finals so far in his managerial career and had sh*t keepers for the lot.

Coincidence?
      It is the reason, can't win a final with a sh*te keeper.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #117: Jul 15, 2018 02:04:00 pm
      Damn Madrid didn't bite for Allison, and now look likely to secure Courtois for a relative cheap 30 mil or so this year, or for free next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Courtois AND Hazard bundled together to make a combined fee work for both teams.

Considering I (and a number of others don't really want Allison, especially for a higher fee than that), where does that leave us in the keeper merry-go-round?

Now we'll be competing with Chelsea (and the apparent lure of London) for potential top keepers, because there surely is NO WAY they're starting their own Karius in Caballero!

And it's not like one of the two potentially surplus experienced Madrid keepers would be a definite upgrade over Karius (although it's getting to the point where I'd happily take a punt on loaning the kid, Lunin, at this stage, he at least has potential haha).
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #118: Jul 15, 2018 02:58:18 pm
      The overreactions going on are quite amusing.

That’s just your perception fella. I think the frustration for many (certainly for me) is realising that this team could do something really special but knowing that the goal keeper situation (ie. sticking with what we’ve got) jeapodises that.
      Kopite78
      Reply #119: Jul 15, 2018 03:00:07 pm
      That’s just your perception fella. I think the frustration for many (certainly for me) is realising that this team could do something really special but knowing that the goal keeper situation (ie. sticking with what we’ve got) jeapodises that.

Have I been to sleep for a month? I hope not as I'll have missed my holiday but I didnt realise the transfer window had shut
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #120: Jul 15, 2018 03:05:40 pm
      Damn Madrid didn't bite for Allison, and now look likely to secure Courtois for a relative cheap 30 mil or so this year, or for free next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Courtois AND Hazard bundled together to make a combined fee work for both teams.

Considering I (and a number of others don't really want Allison, especially for a higher fee than that), where does that leave us in the keeper merry-go-round?

Now we'll be competing with Chelsea (and the apparent lure of London) for potential top keepers, because there surely is NO WAY they're starting their own Karius in Caballero!

And it's not like one of the two potentially surplus experienced Madrid keepers would be a definite upgrade over Karius (although it's getting to the point where I'd happily take a punt on loaning the kid, Lunin, at this stage, he at least has potential haha).

Alisson is a good keeper and miles better than what we have so we need to act fast to get him even if it costs over £60 million there are very few top keepers available.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #121: Jul 15, 2018 04:49:12 pm
      Less than a month to go mate. We’ve generally got our business done pretty early under Klopp. I guess we’ll see over the next couple of weeks if s new GK really is on the cards or not. Or we could just shut the transfer window thread down and talk about it once it’s done.
      Kopite78
      Reply #122: Jul 15, 2018 05:03:51 pm
      Less than a month to go mate. We’ve generally got our business done pretty early under Klopp. I guess we’ll see over the next couple of weeks if s new GK really is on the cards or not. Or we could just shut the transfer window thread down and talk about it once it’s done.

It's been a world cup year so early deals are harder

Talk all you like.. moan less though would be good
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #123: Jul 15, 2018 06:27:55 pm
      Courtois got the WC Golden Glove.
      That's a few bob on his transfer fee...
      Kopite78
      Reply #124: Jul 15, 2018 06:28:39 pm
      Courtois got the WC Golden Glove.
      That's a few bob on his transfer fee...

Doubt it.. he's out of contract in 12 months
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #125: Jul 15, 2018 06:30:08 pm
      Doubt it.. he's out of contract in 12 months

So did Ox he cost us £35 million!

Courtois's value will be at least £60 million.
      Kopite78
      Reply #126: Jul 15, 2018 06:40:22 pm
      So did Ox he cost us £35 million!

Courtois's value will be at least £60 million.

No chance he goes for that.. buying team would just wait 12 months
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #127: Jul 15, 2018 06:44:16 pm
      No chance he goes for that.. buying team would just wait 12 months

Well, I hope we don't wait another year...
      Kopite78
      Reply #128: Jul 15, 2018 06:46:42 pm
      Well, I hope we don't wait another year...

We won't be buying him
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #129: Jul 16, 2018 10:40:43 am
      Klopp  don't  need to play smart , even my  6 years old boy knows that we need a
      goalkeeper   ,we will  be ripped  off  the same way  like we  were ripped off in Virgil deal.
      He must identify  his targets and get us a better goalkeeper  as soon as possible  so that we can concentrate  on our pre-season , the waiting game  will not work out.
      Kopite78
      Reply #130: Jul 16, 2018 10:44:12 am
      Klopp  don't  need to play smart , even my  6 years old boy knows that we need a
      goalkeeper   ,we will  be ripped  off  the same way  like we  were ripped off in Virgil deal.
      He must identify  his targets and get us a better goalkeeper  as soon as possible  so that we can concentrate  on our pre-season , the waiting game  will not work out.

I think Klopp has been pretty damn spot on in identifying his targets since he's been here

You and your lad need to chill out. I imagine your lads view is heavily heavily dictated by what you say to him..

You don't know that we haven't been trying deals for keepers and that nothing has been successful yet do you?
      There's weeks left of the window did and the world cup has just finished

People have so little patience it's frightening
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2018 11:16:02 am by Kopite78 »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #131: Jul 16, 2018 11:15:17 am
      Liverpool have made an offer for Barcelona's Dutch goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen, 29. (Mundo Deportivo, via Talksport)

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #132: Jul 16, 2018 11:52:55 am
      I think Klopp has been pretty damn spot on in identifying his targets since he's been here

You and your lad need to chill out. I imagine your lads view is heavily heavily dictated by what you say to him..

You don't know that we haven't been trying deals for keepers and that nothing has been successful yet do you?
      There's weeks left of the window did and the world cup has just finished

People have so little patience it's frightening

Yeah, we have keep spending on transfers because we have to keep up with the competition. Not just acquiring but to prevent rivals from taking the best in the market. It’s ok even if we make mistakes and have money down the drain. Just spend even more in the subsequent windows to right those wrongs. Otherwise do we call it a lack of ambition? That’s a very aggressive transfer policy. Scary eh?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #133: Jul 21, 2018 03:53:42 pm
      Closing this down, as it's sorted.

Quick Reply