Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

UEFA Champions League 2018-19 Winners Liverpool:

Read 89391 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: UEFA Champions League 2018-19
      Reply #230: Feb 13, 2019 10:23:40 pm
      I say that because they don't spend a shitload of money like City. There is not a huge amount of media hype around them like mancs. They have a decent history unlike Chavs, and they are not a bunch of self entitles sissy boys like Arsenal. And I have always liked underdogs. They have just been going about their football without a lot of noise and slowly but surely climbing up the ladder. That's just something that I appreciate about football teams.

Wouldn’t say there’s not been a lot of noise from them, for the last 10 years they’ve thought themselves to be better than Arsenal but only recently started finishing above them whilst Arsenal have still been winning more trophies. Not forgetting the embarrassing excuses they were pulling out about missing out on 4th on the final game or something and basically said they were deliberately food poisoned and sabotaged one year.

Can’t stand them to be honest. They don’t really have any good cup runs, they have challenged for the league once in however long and think they are entitled to a title race now and a load of other success that they continually fail to achieve. Just another Arsenal of a few years ago but without the FA Cups IMO.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #231: Feb 13, 2019 10:45:28 pm
      I agree, their make shift defence cost them. Thought a draw or even 1-0 to Spurs would have been a fair scoreline.

And how sh*t  did  Pulisic play?!?!

He looks sh*te the whole season I think all that hype went to his head.

Still very young but he's going to the worst possible club to advance his career.

You reap what you sow.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #232: Feb 13, 2019 10:46:46 pm
      He looks sh*te the whole season I think l that hype went to his head.

Still very young but he's going to the worst possible club to advance his career.

You reap what you sow.

Pulisic been kept out of the team most of the season by Sancho.
      Not sure why people were still saying LFC should have gone after Pulisic.
      Sancho on the other hand would be ideal. (and bloody expensive)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #233: Feb 13, 2019 10:53:21 pm
      I say that because they don't spend a shitload of money like City. There is not a huge amount of media hype around them like mancs. They have a decent history unlike Chavs, and they are not a bunch of self entitles sissy boys like Arsenal. And I have always liked underdogs. They have just been going about their football without a lot of noise and slowly but surely climbing up the ladder. That's just something that I appreciate about football teams.

I actually agree, it pains me to say it but I have to admire the team spurs have put together with a 0 nett spend. Obviously helps having a manager who can get the most out of his squad. But I definitely dislike them them the least out of the top 6 teams.

That being said they're still winning F**k all this season.

Bottlers :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #234: Feb 13, 2019 10:54:12 pm
      Pulisic been kept out of the team most of the season by Sancho.
      Not sure why people were still saying LFC should have gone after Pulisic.
      Sancho on the other hand would be ideal. (and bloody expensive)

Yea Sancho looks the real deal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #235: Feb 14, 2019 07:55:23 am
      As I’m from London - spurs fans are the biggest bunch of cu*ts going. They think they’re Barcelona. Self entitled douchebags.

But can’t argue with that result and performance. Top notch.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #236: Feb 14, 2019 08:09:44 am
      Didn't see that Spuds result coming, almost a dead rubber now that one.

And didn't know anything about Vinicius for RM, they might be missing Ronaldo, but they look determined and in a run of form.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #237: Feb 14, 2019 08:32:39 am
      Very good result for Spurs but I'm unsure if that points more to Dortmund being a bit overhyped and sh*t, and by extension Bayern who are below them in the league, or Spurs having a great game.

The Ajax Real game was a good game to watch, if Ajax were just a bit more clinical in their finishing then they would have won that at a canter. F***ing Real though scoring with every chance they get, they are so professional and arrogant with this but I really can't see then getting far in the CL this year, hope we meet them and knock them F**k out, in Ramos case literally!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #238: Feb 14, 2019 08:53:01 am
      Quote from HScRed1
      Courtois with a howler but Ref as per the instructions from UEFA for RM and Barca let’s them off the hook.

There are no such instructions. The right decision was made. If a goal is not legit, it doesn't stand in the European Cup anymore.

Interestingly, the ref of that game was the same ref of our home game v Napoli.
      Kopite78
      Reply #239: Feb 14, 2019 09:07:42 am
      There are no such instructions. The right decision was made. If a goal is not legit, it doesn't stand in the European Cup anymore.

Interestingly, the ref of that game was the same ref of our home game v Napoli.

Wrong decision

Just gives the poor refs even more of a centre stage

Like of sh*te VAR
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #240: Feb 14, 2019 09:41:09 am
      Was it this stage the Mancs were sent packing last year?

They've not won a CL knockout round since 10/11 I read.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #241: Feb 14, 2019 02:14:25 pm
      They've not won a CL knockout round since 10/11 I read.

With Moyes of all people.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #242: Feb 15, 2019 08:32:31 am
      Quote from Kopite78
      Wrong decision

Just gives the poor refs even more of a centre stage

Like of sh*te VAR

Even if you think so, I suggest you get used to it, because that's the way it's going to be from now on. It's our turn next week. 

Both the Dutch and Spanish leagues now use it so that justice is done, and it was in this case. It's never going back to how it was before. If it isn't legit, it doesn't count.
      Kopite78
      Reply #243: Feb 15, 2019 09:44:11 am
      Even if you think so, I suggest you get used to it, because that's the way it's going to be from now on. It's our turn next week. 

Both the Dutch and Spanish leagues now use it so that justice is done, and it was in this case. It's never going back to how it was before. If it isn't legit, it doesn't count.

But that's the point

That wasn't really a foul. It took a couple of replays to see what they were looking for.. initially people thought it was for offside
      I ended up saying to my lad he's looking at a foul on the keeper which it never was until you slow it down, take it out of context and convince yourself there is something there

All it gives is the refs to give a poor decision this time by video

I understand it is going to be used but to look at every goal to see if there's a reason to disallow it is wrong
      Courtois wasn't even claiming a foul

It should he used for the obvious clanger

The only obvious clanger in that one was disallowing it
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #244: Feb 15, 2019 04:32:54 pm
      Ramos basically admitting he did get himself booked deliberately
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #245: Feb 15, 2019 04:37:06 pm
      But that's the point

That wasn't really a foul. It took a couple of replays to see what they were looking for.. initially people thought it was for offside
      I ended up saying to my lad he's looking at a foul on the keeper which it never was until you slow it down, take it out of context and convince yourself there is something there

I understand it is going to be used but to look at every goal to see if there's a reason to disallow it is wrong

The only obvious clanger in that one was disallowing it

Case in the utretch v psv game last weekend, ref made two decisions,  one which he didn't check with the video after talking to var and a second where he didn't give a penalty to utretcht after an incident he checked on the screen where he judged that contact was accidental.  Ref came out after the game to explain his decisions which is unheard of on this country. The dutch fa said they disagreed with both decisions
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #246: Feb 17, 2019 01:56:29 pm
      Quote from Kopite78
      But that's the point

That wasn't really a foul. It took a couple of replays to see what they were looking for.. initially people thought it was for offside.

Every goal has to be checked. Just as every try in rugby is checked, and every wicket in cricket is checked, as well as numerous other sports. The goalkeeper/defence doesn't have to claim anything, the video will clear any issue up.  It takes a bit of time sometimes, but it's worth it in the long run.

Most of the complaints about this call here and elsewhere, are because it was in favour of RM. Another poster said it was an "instruction from UEFA", when it wasn't. The camera makes no distinction whether it's Real Madrid or Ragball Rovers, it allows a VAR to make a correct decision, after seeing all the evidence. Rosetti has told his refs to check all VAR issues on screen, before making the decision, even offsides. There's serious prestige and revenue at stake in this competition, so they can't afford to get a major call wrong. The incident in this case was judged as offside and from the replay, it looks correct to me.
      Kopite78
      Reply #247: Feb 17, 2019 02:39:29 pm
      Every goal has to be checked. Just as every try in rugby is checked, and every wicket in cricket is checked, as well as numerous other sports. The goalkeeper/defence doesn't have to claim anything, the video will clear any issue up.  It takes a bit of time sometimes, but it's worth it in the long run.

Most of the complaints about this call here and elsewhere, are because it was in favour of RM. Another poster said it was an "instruction from UEFA", when it wasn't. The camera makes no distinction whether it's Real Madrid or Ragball Rovers, it allows a VAR to make a correct decision, after seeing all the evidence. Rosetti has told his refs to check all VAR issues on screen, before making the decision, even offsides. There's serious prestige and revenue at stake in this competition, so they can't afford to get a major call wrong. The incident in this case was judged as offside and from the replay, it looks correct to me.

Every wicket in cricket is not checked

I stopped reading there

I don't like VAR.. it takes something away from the game for me.
      You like it. Sound
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2019 02:47:11 pm by Kopite78 »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #248: Feb 17, 2019 03:28:45 pm

You like it. Sound

I’m no fan of VAR too, takes away talking points of not getting the correct decision if that makes sense..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #249: Feb 17, 2019 03:40:06 pm
      I’m no fan of VAR too, takes away talking points of not getting the correct decision if that makes sense..

VAR is fine, it's the humans that spoil it
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #250: Feb 17, 2019 03:49:04 pm

I stopped reading there

You like it. Sound
      Don’t like it either does nothing for athe atmosphere of celebrating a goal ,oh wait while we go to var you can jump up and down in a few minutes , not a fan at all.

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #251: Feb 17, 2019 07:41:40 pm
      Quote from Kopite78

I stopped reading there

You like it. Sound

When you stop reading, you don't find things out. Every wicket in cricket is checked. Without going into the technicalities for those who don't understand it, everything is checked from no ball deliveries to run outs, to ensure everything is correct, as per the laws of the game.

It's true that VAR takes something away from our sport. Diving, cheating, wrong decisions, and lost points. Whether I like it or not is not important, we "need" it to cut the crap out of our sport for good.

Quote from andylfcynwa
      Don’t like it either does nothing for athe atmosphere of celebrating a goal ,oh wait while we go to var you can jump up and down in a few minutes , not a fan at all.

Our turn is on Tuesday. The fans who can go to the game are aware and understand that any major decision can be changed until the game restarts. It won't stop them going or celebrating the goals that are valid. And when the game is over, they will leave knowing that there's no issue with said goals, and justice was done.
      Kopite78
      Reply #252: Feb 17, 2019 07:46:11 pm
      When you stop reading, you don't find things out. Every wicket in cricket is checked. Without going into the technicalities for those who don't understand it, everything is checked from no ball deliveries to run outs, to ensure everything is correct, as per the laws of the game.

Absolutely not

Each team has two umpire referrals. Only then if they choose to use one is anything checked
      And technically only what they appeal is checked.
      First a front foot no ball is checked and then their appeal. If you listen they always say checking for (whatever)

If no challenge is made or they're out of challenges then no check is done

So for example if they are out of challenges and someone is out lbw but the decision is wrong then it wouldn't get overuled regardless as it not checked. And even if it checked (it's not) then it wouldn't be overturned as it stays with the on field umpires decision

So yeah I stopped reading

Quick Reply