Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

UEFA Champions League 2018-19 Winners Liverpool:

Read 89334 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: UEFA Champions League 2018-19
      Reply #460: Mar 07, 2019 10:49:07 am
      Purely coz the potential is there they would offer well above 100 million.

Hmm maybe, but I doubt it, then again the market is fu**ed up these days who knows. Its a bit academic anyway as I'm sure he'll be with you guys for years to come.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #461: Mar 07, 2019 01:19:45 pm
      Fair play to your lot Keith.

That line up on paper was a shambles. PSG always was and will be a Mickey Mouse club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #462: Mar 07, 2019 01:35:30 pm
      Fair play to your lot Keith.

That line up on paper was a shambles. PSG always was and will be a Mickey Mouse club.

Thanks pal, haven't got my head round it yet. Didn't think we could beat them with a full squad let alone a depleted one. What ever Ole using on his players should be bottled and sold.  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #463: Mar 07, 2019 02:08:31 pm
      Can’t help but believe Fergie is pulling the strings behind the scenes with Ole..
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #464: Mar 07, 2019 02:36:03 pm
      Thanks pal, haven't got my head round it yet. Didn't think we could beat them with a full squad let alone a depleted one. What ever Ole using on his players should be bottled and sold;D

From the 11 minutes of highlights that i saw, last night was more about gifts from PSG for the first 2 goals than anything United created. Maybe the highlights do not tell the whole story, but what i saw was PSG in possession and creating most of the chances. Not that OGS hasn't done a good job, but last night was more about PSG F***ing it up than anything else.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #465: Mar 07, 2019 03:03:37 pm
      From the 11 minutes of highlights that i saw, last night was more about gifts from PSG for the first 2 goals than anything United created. Maybe the highlights do not tell the whole story, but what i saw was PSG in possession and creating most of the chances. Not that OGS hasn't done a good job, but last night was more about PSG f**king it up than anything else.

Yeah I don't think I'm usually biased but I do think that if you could replay yesterday's game 10 times, the mancs would win it 1 or maybe 2 times at most. Was just one of those games. The first 2 goals were absolute gifts. And the third, while I do think that it was a penalty was in a way also very lucky.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #466: Mar 07, 2019 03:04:07 pm
      Thanks pal, haven't got my head round it yet. Didn't think we could beat them with a full squad let alone a depleted one. What ever Ole using on his players should be bottled and sold.  ;D

Funnily enough, I actually thought yous lot had a relatively decent chance going into that game. Every team has their faults and weaknesses and IMO, PSGs biggest weakness isn’t a lack of ability in certain areas, it’s the amount of arrogance and complete lack of respect they show to other teams, probably because of how easy they have it in the French League. Could see straight away, even from the warm up that they thought they had the win in the bag already. They went into that game with no respect to you lot. It sharpened them up a little when you opened the scoring but as soon as they made it 1-1, that was it, game over as far as they were concerned.
      Then they obviously resorted to the same old bullshit they showed against us - rolling around and trying to con decisions.

I hate you Mancs, no two ways about it but I love the way PSG ended up going out, couldn’t have been much sweeter...just a shame it was you lot that done it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #467: Mar 07, 2019 03:35:13 pm

I think its a luck potion, Solskjaer has always been lucky as a player and manager, apart from his time at Cardiff. Honestly all 3 goals were incredibly fortunate goals, the first one was just a brain fart form the defender but good reaction and finish from Lukaku, the second was a very very  very rare mistake from one of the best goalkeepers who has ever played the game and the third quite simply wasn't a penalty.

In fairness I did not watch the whole match so can't comment on the defending and overall performance by Man Utd but fair play to them, they keep bucking the odds.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #468: Mar 07, 2019 03:40:02 pm
      Dont agree with them odds,
      Here's mine.

Manchester City
      5/2
      Barcelona
      3/1
      Atletico Madrid
      9/1
      Bayern Munich
      10/1
      Manchester Utd
      14/1
      Liverpool
      10/1
      Tottenham
      16/1
      Juventus
      18/1

No odds on Ajax..?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #469: Mar 07, 2019 03:51:19 pm

I just copied and paste post
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #470: Mar 07, 2019 04:57:08 pm
      What an embarrassing pro rashford is, if he had any class he would have gone easy on that old guy in goal for psg and rolled it gently along the ground, kids today have no respect for the elderly
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #471: Mar 07, 2019 11:23:12 pm
      Posters losing their sh*t over Ole.

Have you seen them play against anyone decent it’s Maureen tactics with more effort!

Voters losing the plot...what the actual F**k?

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #472: Mar 08, 2019 02:19:56 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Just seen the score - holy sh*t! Good v evil...and good won out!

Really? You obviously didn't hear the songs their fans were singing. Something eerily similiar to what we've had to tolerate on a regular basis, much closer to home.

Real are in transition, and a lot of patience is needed to turn things round. But patience has always been notoriously short, and the results of the past week mean it's just got shorter.

Quote from Shabs
      Sorry but that’s a dubious penalty..

F**k I’d hate us to be at the end of such a contentious decision..

Much as I hate seeing the mancs given penalties, it's a clear handball in the box, and therefore the decision is standard. The sheikhs on the take openly called for VAR to be introduced after their side conceded a penalty at Real last season. The ref then made the right decision btw.

Now they have VAR, but Neymar still isn't happy with the call. It is clear PSG players don't have the bottle to win it. No amount of oligarchs can buy it or coach it, the player either has it or he doesn't. Sure they'll swamp St Etienne aside and tear Toulouse apart every week, but most coaches with their resources would. Like Blanc and Emery, Tuchel was appointed to win this cup, and therefore he has failed. If they can't finish off a tie at home with a 2 goal start against an unseeded team, it's not the refs fault tbh.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #473: Mar 08, 2019 02:30:33 pm
      Really? You obviously didn't hear the songs their fans were singing. Something eerily similiar to what we've had to tolerate on a regular basis, much closer to home.

Real are in transition, and a lot of patience is needed to turn things round. But patience has always been notoriously short, and the results of the past week mean it's just got shorter.

Much as I hate seeing the mancs given penalties, it's a clear handball in the box, and therefore the decision is standard. The sheikhs on the take openly called for VAR to be introduced after their side conceded a penalty at Real last season. The ref then made the right decision btw.

Now they have VAR, but Neymar still isn't happy with the call. It is clear PSG players don't have the bottle to win it. No amount of oligarchs can buy it or coach it, the player either has it or he doesn't. Sure they'll swamp St Etienne aside and tear Toulouse apart every week, but most coaches with their resources would. Like Blanc and Emery, Tuchel was appointed to win this cup, and therefore he has failed. If they can't finish off a tie at home with a 2 goal start against an unseeded team, it's not the refs fault tbh.

Clear handball??? Oh come on now. I'll agree that the ball brushed his elbow on its way into row Z but clear handball when he had his arm to his side and back to the shot?? That's nonsense. Clear handball is where there is a deliberate movement of the hand towards the ball, that was not the case here.
      To put it in other terms all strikers should be doing from now on is shooting the ball at defenders arms rather than the goal, they then earn a penalty and a better chance of scoring.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #474: Mar 08, 2019 03:00:24 pm
      Clear handball??? Oh come on now. I'll agree that the ball brushed his elbow on its way into row Z but clear handball when he had his arm to his side and back to the shot?? That's nonsense. Clear handball is where there is a deliberate movement of the hand towards the ball, that was not the case here.
      To put it in other terms all strikers should be doing from now on is shooting the ball at defenders arms rather than the goal, they then earn a penalty and a better chance of scoring.

His arm was extended away from his body.

https://images-i.jpimedia.uk/imagefetch/c_fill,f_auto,h_704,q_auto:eco,w_1200/https://inews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/manchester-united-penalty-vs-psg-var.jpg
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2019 03:15:24 pm by CT_LFC »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #475: Mar 08, 2019 05:01:57 pm
      Ramos looks like the biggest tit in football now after getting that booking :D

F**k of Madrid, an era of dominance that is memorable for no particularly defining reason.

Would that be an    off Madrid,    ?   

;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #476: Mar 08, 2019 05:04:30 pm
      Can’t help but believe Fergie is pulling the strings behind the scenes with Ole..

Believe it believe.   Can't leave the itch alone especially seeing us top of the league for three months.

He would have hit the bottle on that one !

Ole the monkey on the organ.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #477: Mar 09, 2019 11:34:11 am
      Yep,he still has a massive amount of clout at the club,which considering his history is understandable & yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if his influence stretches beyond just sitting next to one of the glazers at there matches.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #478: Mar 09, 2019 11:48:30 am

erm no not really, it was pointing down besides his body, the arm at no point moved towards the ball, which considering his back was to the shot would have been astonishing 3rd eye type thing. In any case the shot wasn't going anywhere near the goal so it did not prevent a goal form being scored. Under any logical interpretation that was NOT a handball, it certainly wasn't a clear handball as you state unless you believe any contact with an arm to be handball irrespective of distance and strength of shot etc.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #479: Mar 12, 2019 01:49:09 pm
      City 2 - 1 Schalke
      Juventus 1 - 0 Atletico
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #480: Mar 12, 2019 05:43:45 pm
      City 2 - 1 Schalke
      Juventus 1 - 0 Atletico

I thought City were in danger of going out in this round when I saw they were trailing to Schalke. Didn't watch the game but then saw they managed to get 3(?) away goals. As much as I want City to lose, there is next to no chance of Schalke coming back from that.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #481: Mar 12, 2019 08:23:43 pm
      If Juve goes out today (likely) and City get penalized for FFP violations (unlikely), wonder if Pep does go to Juve? faint rumors but doubt he'd stick around if City get punished.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #482: Mar 12, 2019 08:28:33 pm
      Juve 1-0

Quick Reply