Trending Topics

Next match: Sevilla v LFC [Friendly] Sun 21st Jul @ 11:00 pm
      Fenway Park, Boston, USA

Today is the 20th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Round of 16

Read 7253 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Re: Round of 16
      Reply #775: Jul 03, 2018 10:21:35 pm
      I'm still surprised England's biggest fan on here didn't know they'd scored a goal from open play.
      Do you mean the corner that went on a couple of heads before Kane headed it in?
      EDIT: I remember now, deflection against Panama.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1986 
      Reply #776: Jul 03, 2018 10:22:05 pm
      you must have been watching a different game the only weird thing about that game is how they had 11 players on the pitch after 45 mns . Don't try winding up fellow forum members its not cool

But that's the truth. Maguire and Lingards dive, Hendo falling down holding his face, Young falling over acting as if he had been shot to waste time...

For all the sh*t Neymar gets from the English fans and media, don't you think it's a bit ironic?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,802 posts | 2403 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #777: Jul 03, 2018 10:22:48 pm

It was only Panama but it was a great goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtvkicJjXsk
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,866 posts | 2122 
      Reply #778: Jul 03, 2018 10:24:10 pm
      EDIT: I remember now, deflection against Panama.

Deflection ;D

You are one weird guy Rip.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,047 posts | 517 
      Reply #779: Jul 03, 2018 10:24:27 pm
      England deserved the win, but I felt they were poor. Very little threat and so wasteful.

A better tactician than I will explain how wonderful Sterling, Alli, and Lingard were and what they offer the team. I can't see any positive from them.

Had England gone out there, then surely Southgate would have been sacked. Such a huge opportunity, and yet we played such a poor game.

Lucky in the end. Massively relieved for Henderson. Phew..
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,802 posts | 2403 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #780: Jul 03, 2018 10:24:42 pm
      But that's the truth. Maguire and Lingards dive, Hendo falling down holding his face, Young falling over acting as if he had been shot to waste time...

For all the sh*t Neymar gets from the English fans and media, don't you think it's a bit ironic?

Kane rolling on the floor, Pickford taking almost 2 minutes to take a free kick... all that in extra time, just a little bit before they conceded :D

But hey don't expect the most self righteous football fans on earth to care about that now, they've won their first knockout match since 2006! Well, actually they drew, but you know what I mean
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,867 posts | 3646 
      Reply #781: Jul 03, 2018 10:24:50 pm

pathetic calling your own club captain a cheat when he was headbutted
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,536 posts | 3026 
      Reply #782: Jul 03, 2018 10:25:43 pm

Head butted really!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,867 posts | 3646 
      Reply #783: Jul 03, 2018 10:25:56 pm
      Kane rolling on the floor, Pickford taking almost 2 minutes to take a free kick... all that in extra time, just a little bit before they conceded :D

But hey don't expect the most self righteous football fans on earth to care about that now, they've won their first knockout match since 2006! Well, actually they drew, but you know what I mean

bla bla bla suck it up you don't want to play England in the Final becuae I would rather play Brazil than any other team
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,603 posts | 1237 
      Reply #784: Jul 03, 2018 10:26:14 pm
      Now that's over with, can we get back to talking about Neymar?

I dislike him more than Ronaldo. Selfish little sh*t full of his own self importance and not even the best player in his own team not that he'd ever admit it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,867 posts | 3646 
      Reply #785: Jul 03, 2018 10:26:48 pm

yes really or do you also think   Hendo is a cheat or did you not see the huge scratch on his neck when he took his penalty
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,603 posts | 1237 
      Reply #786: Jul 03, 2018 10:28:33 pm

It's about time England caught on with some of the darker arts, same goes for LFC. As for Columbia their conduct when the pen was given and for the next ten minutes was pretty shocking. The English will have to put in a bit more practice to reach those levels.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1986 
      Reply #787: Jul 03, 2018 10:28:54 pm

I don't see anything pathetic about it? He was play acting and holding his face , not his chin or chest.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,867 posts | 3646 
      Reply #788: Jul 03, 2018 10:29:28 pm
      I don't see anything pathetic about it? He was play acting and holding his face , not his chin or chest.

so he is a cheat then
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1986 
      Reply #789: Jul 03, 2018 10:29:42 pm
      It's about time England caught on with some of the darker arts, same goes for LFC. As for Columbia their conduct when the pen was given and for the next ten minutes was pretty shocking. The English will have to put in a bit more practice to reach those levels.

I couldn't agree more.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,802 posts | 2403 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #790: Jul 03, 2018 10:30:28 pm
      bla bla bla suck it up you don't want to play England in the Final becuae I would rather play Brazil than any other team

I am really shocked that's all you have to say about the matter. Shocked! I was absolutely sure you would be speaking of your disgust by the bad example Kane has given to the children of the world.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,802 posts | 2403 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #791: Jul 03, 2018 10:30:50 pm

I agree about that, actually. I just find the double standards a bit funny
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,867 posts | 3646 
      Reply #792: Jul 03, 2018 10:31:42 pm
      I now remember why I took a long sabitical form this place probably best to take another one until the season starts .I don't like sharing a forum with people who slag of our club captain
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1986 
      Reply #793: Jul 03, 2018 10:32:35 pm

Of course he tried to cheat the ref  to make the situation worser than it looked. Yes, he cheated , I don't see how that's pathetic... I would love all our players to do that, and even to waste time when ahead. Suarez did it lots for us, and it was great!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1986 
      Reply #794: Jul 03, 2018 10:33:32 pm
      I now remember why I took a long sabitical form this place probably best to take another one until the season starts .I don't like sharing a forum with people who slag of our club captain

Is it really slagging him off? I am not calling him pathetic or a waste of space for cheaating. It's tactical, but cheating too.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,656 posts | 5031 
      • YNWA
      Reply #795: Jul 03, 2018 10:35:05 pm

He's not a cheat - never has been and never will be. I think he just decided to give Colombia a bit of their own medicine.

It's the only time I've ever seen Hendo overact. I'm surprised at all the talk of it to be honest - it's not as if it's something that he always does like Neymar or Saurez.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,802 posts | 2403 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #796: Jul 03, 2018 10:35:58 pm

Getting all sensitive now because Henderson was overdramatic? So what, Gerrard also did that plenty of times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,818 posts | 3425 
      Reply #797: Jul 03, 2018 10:36:27 pm
      If you want to watch a team that doesn’t do much cheating.....see Japan. Unfortunately they are out now. Was refreshing how they just got along with their business.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,536 posts | 3026 
      Reply #798: Jul 03, 2018 10:36:42 pm
      yes really or do you also think   Hendo is a cheat or did you not see the huge scratch on his neck when he took his penalty

So the same situation didn’t Henderson do similar?

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,932 posts | 2759 
      Reply #799: Jul 03, 2018 10:37:00 pm
      Hate nationalism..

Quick Reply