Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Season 18/19

Read 87892 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Pre-Season 18/19
      Reply #736: Jul 30, 2018 12:04:58 pm
      Another chance for UK viewers to see the Utd-Liverpool game tonight at 9pm on FreeSports. 

It's channel 95.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #737: Jul 30, 2018 12:16:25 pm
      Another chance for UK viewers to see the Utd-Liverpool game tonight at 9pm on FreeSports. 

It's channel 95.

422 on sky
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #738: Jul 30, 2018 01:37:19 pm
      Charlie Adam might've said Shaqiri didn't pull his weight but I doubt our scouts and Klopp thought that. And Charlie might have done us a slight favour in that Shaqiri will have that little bit extra to prove. Every player that comes here feels motivated but that little bit of extra won't do us any harm. I like Shaqiri, he isn't short on confidence and he'll try stuff without worrying if it goes wrong.

It's game on for Shaqiri. Good signing.
      Charlie Adam did F**k all for us when he was here aside from take a wage so it is most welcome if he did in regards to Shaqiri  ;D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #739: Jul 30, 2018 01:50:39 pm
      Did someone just put Charlie Adam and weight in the same sentence? Joke somewhere in there ..

Caught replay of first half and it was amazing stuff at times wirhout Bobby and Keita too.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #740: Jul 30, 2018 02:11:06 pm
      :o

Or just don't?  :)

Leave this type of rubbish in American thought up pre season nonsense cups 😓

Ah, the use of "American" as a pejorative. How nice.  :)

Saying that, I have no idea why they started keeping any kind of table for this. It's all about staging matches in high-capacity stadia for fans who ordinarily don't get to see big-name teams from Europe. They seem to have become pretty successful at doing that and I guess the money for the clubs must be right because they keep coming over here.

The National Hockey League does something like what is mentioned, as basically a compromise between the "there must be a winner" mindset and the recognition that a team battling evenly for the duration of a game, but then losing in the artificial add-on of the event,  would be unfairly denied some sporting compensation. To me , it just shows how wrong the "there must be a winner" motif. Of course, every sport over here has playoffs, where sometimes half of the teams in a competition get to start over again (after as many as 162 games) and win the championship based solely on a hot streak they catch in the final month, forgetting how mediocre they were for the bulk of the season.

There's no need to change anything about how the table is reckoned in football.

Now let's get 12 points from our four matches before the international break.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #741: Jul 30, 2018 03:26:56 pm
      France Training Squad
      Liverpool squad: Kelleher, Grabara, Alisson, Karius, Van Dijk, Klavan, Moreno, Robertson, Phillips, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Clyne, Matip, Milner, Keita, Fabinho, Grujic, Lallana, Camacho, Wijnaldum, Jones, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Solanke.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/309711-liverpool-fc-france-training-camp

Good to see TAA allowed back sooner! Surprised Ings is there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #742: Jul 30, 2018 03:31:18 pm
      France Training Squad
      Liverpool squad: Kelleher, Grabara, Alisson, Karius, Van Dijk, Klavan, Moreno, Robertson, Phillips, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Clyne, Matip, Milner, Keita, Fabinho, Grujic, Lallana, Camacho, Wijnaldum, Jones, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Solanke.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/309711-liverpool-fc-france-training-camp

Does that mean interest in Ings is cooling? Matip back fit, Allison, Bobby and Trent arrive. Also out from the USA squad: Markovic, Chiriivella, Woodburn and Ojo are out.
      Kopite78
      Reply #743: Jul 30, 2018 03:39:49 pm
      France Training Squad

Yeah surprised by Ings. Thought a move was close when he didn't go to the states.

No Mignolet though..  maybe just maybe he's got that job at McDonald's
      Kopite78
      Reply #744: Jul 30, 2018 03:41:36 pm
      Ah, the use of "American" as a pejorative. How nice.  :)

Saying that, I have no idea why they started keeping any kind of table for this. It's all about staging matches in high-capacity stadia for fans who ordinarily don't get to see big-name teams from Europe. They seem to have become pretty successful at doing that and I guess the money for the clubs must be right because they keep coming over here.

The National Hockey League does something like what is mentioned, as basically a compromise between the "there must be a winner" mindset and the recognition that a team battling evenly for the duration of a game, but then losing in the artificial add-on of the event,  would be unfairly denied some sporting compensation. To me , it just shows how wrong the "there must be a winner" motif. Of course, every sport over here has playoffs, where sometimes half of the teams in a competition get to start over again (after as many as 162 games) and win the championship based solely on a hot streak they catch in the final month, forgetting how mediocre they were for the bulk of the season.

There's no need to change anything about how the table is reckoned in football.

Now let's get 12 points from our four matches before the international break.

It is an American thought up concept though 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #745: Jul 30, 2018 04:19:26 pm
      Does that mean interest in Ings is cooling? Matip back fit, Allison, Bobby and Trent arrive. Also out from the USA squad: Markovic, Chiriivella, Woodburn and Ojo are out.

Woodburn completed a loan deal and Chiriivella I believe has agreed to a transfer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #746: Jul 30, 2018 04:20:00 pm
      It is an American thought up concept though 🤷‍♂️

So is chocolate covered bacon. I'll fight you if you think that's a bad idea.
      Kopite78
      Reply #747: Jul 30, 2018 04:31:42 pm

You can keep that sh*te too 👌
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2018 04:37:15 pm by Kopite78 »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #748: Jul 30, 2018 04:35:56 pm
      So is chocolate covered bacon.

Disgusting!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #749: Jul 30, 2018 07:36:05 pm
      Woodburn completed a loan deal and Chiriivella I believe has agreed to a transfer.

Don't think it's completed yet, but I get that these four are each on their way.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #750: Jul 30, 2018 07:43:00 pm

Love both but not at the same time, beer flavoured crisps anyone ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #751: Jul 30, 2018 08:35:15 pm

It's channel 95.

Cheers for that as I haven't seen any pre season so far.

Just turned over to see PSG V Athletico play in a half empty stadium.

Really shows the draw we are across the world.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #752: Jul 31, 2018 12:03:56 am
      Cheers for that as I haven't seen any pre season so far.

Just turned over to see PSG V Athletico play in a half empty stadium.

Really shows the draw we are across the world.

Chelsea vs Inter

:D :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #753: Jul 31, 2018 03:41:42 am

Someone send this to Pulisic in case he's confused about where to go.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #754: Jul 31, 2018 06:54:53 am
      Liverpool squad in France: Kelleher, Grabara, Alisson, Karius, Van Dijk, Klavan, Moreno, Robertson, Phillips, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Clyne, Matip, Milner, Keita, Fabinho, Grujic, Lallana, Camacho, Wijnaldum, Jones, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Solanke.

No Ojo.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #755: Jul 31, 2018 07:16:29 am
      So scanning quickly that’s everyone apart from Lovren Hendo and the long term injuries like Ox?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #756: Jul 31, 2018 07:18:09 am
      Liverpool squad in France: Kelleher, Grabara, Alisson, Karius, Van Dijk, Klavan, Moreno, Robertson, Phillips, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Clyne, Matip, Milner, Keita, Fabinho, Grujic, Lallana, Camacho, Wijnaldum, Jones, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Solanke.

No Ojo.

Or Woodburn.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #757: Jul 31, 2018 09:14:40 am

Off to Villa on loan as a Grealish replacement.
      Kopite78
      Reply #758: Jul 31, 2018 09:55:34 am
      Off to Villa on loan as a Grealish replacement.

He's gonna have to go a long way in the acting like a tit stakes then

Quick Reply