Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186619 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1058: Apr 11, 2019 11:43:45 am
      Personally what’s important to me is the beautiful football we play and the joy it brings for that 90mins, sometimes it’s agony but then the joy wouldn’t be as sweet.

After a week of the mundane earning a crust to pay the mortgage and bills watching the mighty Reds is about immersing yourself somewhere else without all the worries that you may have.

Trophies are all secondary, maybe I’m just a bit odd  :D

Got forbid we ever became like the glory hunting cheatski, sacking managers every year or 2. ok they have a good trophy haul, but the soul of the club is dead, if it ever had 1. ;D.

LFC are a unique club, its about success but its also about the Fans.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1059: Apr 11, 2019 12:47:49 pm
      Personally what’s important to me is the beautiful football we play and the joy it brings for that 90mins, sometimes it’s agony but then the joy wouldn’t be as sweet.

After a week of the mundane earning a crust to pay the mortgage and bills watching the mighty Reds is about immersing yourself somewhere else without all the worries that you may have.

Trophies are all secondary, maybe I’m just a bit odd  :D

It's never easy being a Liverpool supporter but it's a part of the attraction i would never change. What has been beautiful for me this Season is the emergence of our defence. The thought of going into this Season with Karius in goal and Lovren or Matip alongside van Dijk as our centre back pairing filled me with dread, luckily Gomez alleviated that worry. Our fully fit back 5 is now a force to be reckoned with and has given us the ability to close games out, where before we wouldn't have. I truly believe that you build from the back and we now have the platform to dominate teams.

Things will only get better and success will only breed more success. Klopp has united everyone that feels an affinity towards Liverpool Football Club. The feeling of thinking we might close a game out has gone, we now know we can close a game out. It is that togetherness that is the most important component of this machine. Period.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1060: Apr 11, 2019 01:09:33 pm
      Carry as you are Boss.. F***ing loving every minute of the Reds & your custodianship..
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #1061: Apr 11, 2019 02:20:38 pm
      I’d donate my testicles to keep him here..

Bought back our ‘Aura of Invincibility’..

Love him..

Question is: What will he do with your testicles or donate them for the right cause ???  :f_doh:
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019 02:26:22 pm by RobieSlick »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1062: Apr 11, 2019 03:56:22 pm
      It's amazing how many people are nuts about a manager who has not won a trophy yet. I'm not anti Klopp, I am glad we are heading in the right direction, let's see if we win a trophy this season or mess up badly again before this knee jerk crap takes a hold.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1063: Apr 11, 2019 04:20:26 pm
      The thing is,Klopp seems like a genuine person,gives a F**k about people,the city etc etc.Knows how to coach and can talk about it properly.If it does come crashing down this season it's a F***ing bollox.Yep we all want the F***ing trophies but we are still going in the right F***ing direction.We don't need the soap opera bollox that surrounds football clubs these days.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1064: Apr 11, 2019 04:38:46 pm
      Shove them down Ribs throat to keep him quiet.. 😘

Reminded me of my favourite tweet of the last week.......

https://twitter.com/iamsircolin/status/1114284094957944837?s=21
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1065: Apr 11, 2019 04:46:30 pm
      The thing is,Klopp seems like a genuine person,gives a f**k about people,the city etc etc.Knows how to coach and can talk about it properly.If it does come crashing down this season it's a f**king bollox.Yep we all want the f**king trophies but we are still going in the right f**king direction.We don't need the soap opera bollox that surrounds football clubs these days.

I think I would be right in saying that I an most people on this forum would want success for Jürgen as much as the club or the players.
      I am 100% behind him and so are most of us apart from the dullards
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #1066: Apr 11, 2019 05:11:01 pm
      It's amazing how many people are nuts about a manager who has not won a trophy yet. I'm not anti Klopp, I am glad we are heading in the right direction, let's see if we win a trophy this season or mess up badly again before this knee jerk crap takes a hold.

So, what constitutes a mess up in your eyes then Rib. If we fail to win the league by a point, or get beaten in the Champions League final by a dodgy goal.
      Because to me that would be heartbreaking rather than messing up.
      But I suppose you being a doom monger it would constitute a mess up.
      Can you not see the great strides that this club is making and a lot of it is down to Jürgen Klopp.
      You carry on being a doom monger, slating Klopp because he hasn't won anything yet, or slagging off Henderson, because all you are doing is making yourself look like a tit.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1067: Apr 11, 2019 06:52:07 pm

So, what constitutes a mess up in your eyes then Rib. If we fail to win the league by a point, or get beaten in the Champions League final by a dodgy goal.
      Because to me that would be heartbreaking rather than messing up.
      But I suppose you being a doom monger it would constitute a mess up.
      Can you not see the great strides that this club is making and a lot of it is down to Jürgen Klopp.
      You carry on being a doom monger, slating Klopp because he hasn't won anything yet, or slagging off Henderson, because all you are doing is making yourself look like a tit.
      Karius was in goal in a champions league final and Lallana was Salah's backup. Our midfield was Gini, Hendo and Milner. It didn't turn out that badly since wait,  Moreno in the Europa league final. Solanke was on the bench. If Lovren costs us the CL final or Henderson gets put as DM against Chelsea or something and we don't win, people will be asking why? We signed nobody in January.. etc then dropped points to Leicester and West Ham. Henderson was a right back, mistakes in the transfer window, didn't replace Clyne.  Lallana being lackluster against West Ham.. a player that has to get into fights in u23 games because he's nutmegged. Klopp made mistakes in those finals in the past and he's made mistakes by not replacing Clyne this season. What's important to see what he does when he gets to the next final. He's done well this season but he has made some whopping mistakes too. Poch was well respected until a month or so ago.. you get the picture. Season isn't over and I'm interested to see how Klopp handles our situation. We have Chelsea next, if we win that we have a chance to win the league. Anything else and we have no chance. Next game is as massive test for Klopp, his biggest since Madrid game.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019 06:58:57 pm by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #1068: Apr 11, 2019 06:58:48 pm
      This man is turning water into wine. Now then, who else did that once? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... .....

Literally no one 🙄
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1069: Apr 11, 2019 07:21:41 pm
      Well, since old mate Real Donavan Ried is riding hard on this non bullying thing, I'm going to put this as nice as possible...

I don't think you know anything about football.

It's not bullying, it's just my f**king opinion.

There is no black and white absolutes in football. Klopp promoted a little team into the Bundesliga, then took over another team that wasn't Munich and won them a cup and two titles. Having seen what Munich have done since he left, and are looking more than likely to do this year, it's a feat that nothing Rodgers has never done has matched. His pedigree is already proven, so to say he is unproven is flat out wrong.

Rodgers embarrassing attempt at a Champions League run versus what Klopp has built us into in Europe. Chalk and cheese.

Rodgers riding Suarez to an almost lucky title before falling back into the sh*t that he served up most of his time here versus Klopp building a consistent challenger.

Domestic cups still yet to do much, but Rodgers didn't either. Last time any success was there was Kenny so. Also gotten a touch unlucky with draws (Chelsea and Wolves as our first legs in the respective competitions this year, man.)

There is no comparison between the two managers. Stop it. Just stop.
      And what was so wrong with phrasing it that way, Instead of all the name calling and abuse...? Your still got your point across

For me, at least some of you mine raise some good points, but it get so tedious trying to wade through all the sh*t and abuse
      that I don't end up reading the post in full and there for miss the point... Now imagine the person getting the abuse trying to pick out the points

And as for the "since old mate Real Donavan Ried is riding hard on this non bullying thing"
      If it was you or anyone else getting the same level of abuse I would stick up for them the same way
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1070: Apr 11, 2019 07:29:22 pm
      Well, since old mate Real Donavan Ried is riding hard on this non bullying thing, I'm going to put this as nice as possible...

I don't think you know anything about football.

It's not bullying, it's just my f**king opinion.

There is no black and white absolutes in football. Klopp promoted a little team into the Bundesliga, then took over another team that wasn't Munich and won them a cup and two titles. Having seen what Munich have done since he left, and are looking more than likely to do this year, it's a feat that nothing Rodgers has never done has matched. His pedigree is already proven, so to say he is unproven is flat out wrong.

Rodgers embarrassing attempt at a Champions League run versus what Klopp has built us into in Europe. Chalk and cheese.

Rodgers riding Suarez to an almost lucky title before falling back into the sh*t that he served up most of his time here versus Klopp building a consistent challenger.

Domestic cups still yet to do much, but Rodgers didn't either. Last time any success was there was Kenny so. Also gotten a touch unlucky with draws (Chelsea and Wolves as our first legs in the respective competitions this year, man.)

There is no comparison between the two managers. Stop it. Just stop.

BTW.. It as not slipped pass me the way in which he (Rib') has replied to your post, the abuse he is dishing back at those who has, and still abuse him. It is equally as wrong... People stop with the attacks on each other, people have a right to thier opinions, and in the end they are just that' opinions...You don't have to agree with them, but you don't have to insult and abuse one another too

Edit:- I read  from Del Boca Vista (page 42) to Kopite78 (Page 43) I read every post. Why...? Because it was full of posters making their points and not poster abusing and insulting another poster.... Yeah a few or you was getting obstreperous  ;D,
      but there was some nice and incitefully comments
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019 07:47:12 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1071: Apr 11, 2019 09:33:45 pm
      Rodgers was a flopp and finished 2nd, my point is 2nd is nothing. People are pretty thick if they can't grasp that. There's a lot of people here who can't grasp simple concepts and come out with insults. Neanderthal is a term for half the people on this page.

Stop ,just stop

Either you are being deliberately controversial to get some sort of kick or you are utterly clueless
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1072: Apr 12, 2019 12:06:50 am
      Quite possibly going to end to with our second or third highest (converting to 3 points for a win) points total ever and we're possibly failures, according to some. 

*sigh*
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1073: Apr 12, 2019 12:22:38 am
      Quite possibly going to end to with our second or third highest (converting to 3 points for a win) points total ever and we're possibly failures, according to some. 

*sigh*

what would they have made of Shankly's barren spell of 6 years or so when we played so cracking stuff but just couldn't get it over the line, I suppose he would be classed as a failure now
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1074: Apr 12, 2019 07:15:49 am

*sigh*
      If you mean letting Clyne go without a replacement then dropping 2 points against Leicester in the next game with Henderson at right back. If we don't win the league by one point, isn't that a mistake that cost us?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1075: Apr 12, 2019 07:43:28 am
      If you mean letting Clyne go without a replacement then dropping 2 points against Leicester in the next game with Henderson at right back. If we don't win the league by one point, isn't that a mistake that cost us?

No
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1076: Apr 12, 2019 08:14:30 am

No, it isn't.  He played less than 300 league minutes in two years. You're saying he cost us two points, Nostradumbass? Playing Clyne could have cost us that point we won, for all you know. Wouldn't be the first time Clyne's defending had cost us points.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1077: Apr 12, 2019 08:46:54 am
      Or it could get removed for being "off topic", which is why most posts get deleted.
      Off topic or point scoring posts have been deleted a lot lately.
      Cause strictly speaking this is Jürgen's thread.

Point taken, I was speaking generally tho, in that whatever topics I have posted some have been removed for reasons not given, after all we are only voicing our personal opinions and they are just that, and not intended to give offence .

YNWA
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1078: Apr 12, 2019 10:52:36 am
      The thing is,Klopp seems like a genuine person,gives a f**k about people,the city etc etc.Knows how to coach and can talk about it properly.If it does come crashing down this season it's a f**king bollox.Yep we all want the f**king trophies but we are still going in the right f**king direction.We don't need the soap opera bollox that surrounds football clubs these days.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1079: Apr 12, 2019 10:58:44 am

That’ll be the game where Hendo played as well at right back as Clyne has in the last 3 seasons?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1080: Apr 12, 2019 11:09:15 am

Quick Reply