Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 189721 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1127: Apr 18, 2019 11:06:48 am
      Klopp is the Liverpool manager, he's not a god we all must worship. It's not blasphemy to argue some of his choices. It doesn't mean I don't back Klopp, it means I have a level head and can make an independent opinion. Some of you just yes men.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1128: Apr 18, 2019 11:09:46 am
      2 seasons back in the Champions League and both times we’ve managed to get to the Semi Finals as a minimum as things stand. Both years without Clyne playing, don’t know how we’ve managed it. Crazy.
      +10
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1129: Apr 18, 2019 11:53:06 am
      Letting Clyne go, has not cost us any points.

and apart from that, the club & Klopp did the right thing for the player, who needed to be a starter every week, we couldn't give him that. its simple.

We are going to collect more points in a league campaign than any other season ever, Ill say that again EVER !!!!

Thats awesome and thats the Klopp effect.

ps. yes he makes some mistakes, who doesnt in life, but to bang on about 1 result in a 38 game season and blame it losing a league title that we can still win BTW is bat sh1t crazy. ;D.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1130: Apr 18, 2019 11:58:04 am
      Here we go, if I don't agree with the ass kissing heard I get a bunch of abuse. If we win the title, great. If we don't win the title, we didn't really need to get rid of Clyne and stick Henderson as a right back and draw against Leicester in that game. If you don't agree, upto you. Klopp's done well but he hasn't been as perfect as people think. Klopp's human. Everybody makes mistakes, whenever somebody points a Klopp mistake out its always the same story. Pep make mistakes against Spurs by resting players according to some City fans. All managers make errors. It's not anti Klopp to recognise a mistake.

But recognising a mistake is one thing, letting Clyne leave wasn't a mistake though. To even think it was requires mental gymnastics that defy logic. No one had really opined Klopp is infallible either, that's pure hyperbole on your part. They've purely attacked your hypothesis that letting Clyne go cost us points, some even using past behaviour to predict future events, again not  infallible, but a good indicator, to disprove your erroneous conclusion. 
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019 12:03:54 pm by Roddenberry »
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #1131: Apr 18, 2019 12:06:19 pm
      Pretty sure Klopp is wrong here, here's my evidence;

If we win all remaining games and don't win the league, having won the Leicester game would be champions. Add 2 points on our tally in such a scenario, it's maths and factual. Klopp is using his opinion. Facts > Opinions. That there will be laughed at by our rivals because people will be asking why Klopp doesn't know 97+2=99 which is more than 98, City's possible maximum.

People aren't weak or idiots to point out we would have won if didn't drop specific points. If he can't handle the truth that's ridiculous.
      The mind boggles at 10,735 of THESE!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1132: Apr 18, 2019 12:15:56 pm
      2 seasons back in the Champions League and both times we’ve managed to get to the Semi Finals as a minimum as things stand. Both years without Clyne playing, don’t know how we’ve managed it. Crazy.

Liverpool have a defensive crisis and Carragher said: "The right-back situation - Klopp has made a big mistake in letting Nathaniel Clyne go.

"I don't understand why he let him go, there was no need. (James) Milner has played there twice now and looks completely out of position.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-identifies-Jürgen-klopps-13953411.amp

I agreed with Carragher at the time, I do now too.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1133: Apr 18, 2019 12:21:12 pm
      And Carra was wrong, he can be wrong too.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1134: Apr 18, 2019 12:21:23 pm
      Liverpool have a defensive crisis and Carragher said: "The right-back situation - Klopp has made a big mistake in letting Nathaniel Clyne go.

"I don't understand why he let him go, there was no need. (James) Milner has played there twice now and looks completely out of position.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jamie-carragher-identifies-Jürgen-klopps-13953411.amp

Tim Sherwood said similar, disagreed then and now. Clyne has cost us points with his defending and lack of attributes further up the pitch. Was a reason he barely played for us in his last two seasons. Wasn't  up to it any more.

Unless of course you're saying Carragher is infallible and had more information available to him than Klopp.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2019 02:28:48 am by Roddenberry »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1135: Apr 18, 2019 12:30:37 pm
      He's honestly the biggest weapon I've consistently had to listen to

His posts are a mix of making you giggle, making you shake your head and be embarrassed people would take his views as a representative of us

If people would stop quoting him, I'd long since be free of his insights. He's perennial though, I'll give him that. :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1136: Apr 18, 2019 12:47:53 pm

Yet the goals we conceded against Leicester and West Ham weren’t from down the right side. The goal we also got against West Ham was an assist from our RB on the day...Milner  :f_doh:

Milner and Hendo vs West Ham and Leicester;

Goals against responsible for - 0
      Goals created - 1

:f_doh:
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019 12:53:11 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1137: Apr 18, 2019 01:18:21 pm
      Klopp is the Liverpool manager, he's not a god we all must worship. It's not blasphemy to argue some of his choices. It doesn't mean I don't back Klopp, it means I have a level head and can make an independent opinion. Some of you just yes men.

What’s your football coaching credentials? What licenses and experience do you have? Your just some mug kid sat in his room with a keyboard and internet connection seeking attention and mistaking it for credible opinion.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1138: Apr 18, 2019 01:20:47 pm
      The Nigel Farage of the boards.

ffs.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1139: Apr 18, 2019 01:41:36 pm
      Yet the goals we conceded against Leicester and West Ham weren’t from down the right side. The goal we also got against West Ham was an assist from our RB on the day...Milner  :f_doh:

Milner and Hendo vs West Ham and Leicester;

Goals against responsible for - 0
      Goals created - 1

:f_doh:
      by that logic, if we didn't put a goalkeeper on the field it would only effect goals conceeded and not goals scored. There's something called a ripple effect, so I disagree with that logic.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1140: Apr 18, 2019 01:44:45 pm
      by that logic, if we didn't put a goalkeeper on the field it would only effect goals conceeded and not goals scored. There's something called a ripple effect, so I disagree with that logic.

Well that makes absolutely no sense at all.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1141: Apr 18, 2019 01:44:46 pm
      What’s your football coaching credentials? What licenses and experience do you have? Your just some mug kid sat in his room with a keyboard and internet connection seeking attention and mistaking it for credible opinion.
      Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. I was using the forum whilst on the loo, it was either that or Pokemon go.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1142: Apr 18, 2019 01:47:43 pm
      Has Klopp done well? Yes
      Has he made mistakes? Yes
      Have all managers made mistakes? Yes
      Do I agree that Leicester won't effect title race? Not sure

Klopp said no effect, that's what I am arguing.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1143: Apr 18, 2019 02:35:01 pm
      Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. I was using the forum whilst on the loo, it was either that or Pokemon go.

Stick to Pokemon go
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #1144: Apr 18, 2019 02:41:05 pm

Even if you did agree with Carra there's no way now any sane person can look at the decision and call it a mistake.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1145: Apr 18, 2019 02:47:59 pm
      Has Klopp done well? Yes

You keep saying about a ripple affect but then completely ignore the fact that if we had won that game and/or kept Clyne, there’s nothing to say we’d have gone and amassed the same or more points than we have now. It’s all well and good looking back at one game but the season on from that point would have been different, we could be on a 6 game losing run for all we know.

Maybe consider that when you are going on about a “ripple affect” or whatever when trying to justify your opinion that Klopp made a mistake letting Clyne go.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1146: Apr 18, 2019 02:56:29 pm
      Has Klopp done well? Yes

You're misunderstanding the point he's making. Klopp's point isn't that the Leicester game has no effect (that's something you've said, not him), it's that the other 37 games are just as important.

If you say we lost it at Leicester, why not at Everton, Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, Man Utd or what about the loss and draw to City? It's like saying if we do win the league we did so at Arsenal in December, those three points were more important than the other 97 (or whatever we end up with) for some reason. It's a simplistic, reductionist argument that holds no weight whatsoever.

As for Clyne there's absolutely nothing to suggest we'd have picked up more points with him than without. In fact as others have pointed out it could have had the opposite effect, who knows.

I don't get why we're discussing where we may possibly have lost the league before it's even over, or maybe more importantly why I feel the need to respond...

We're pushing one of the best teams in recent history for the title, and we're in yet another Champions League semi. No, Klopp isn't perfect, but he's the best man for the job and I have absolutely nothing to complain about. If we do miss out on trophies yet again I'll be bitterly disappointed but if you can't see the direction this team is heading you don't deserve to come along on the ride. ENJOY IT!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #1147: Apr 18, 2019 05:58:55 pm
      You're misunderstanding the point he's making. Klopp's point isn't that the Leicester game has no effect (that's something you've said, not him), it's that the other 37 games are just as important.

If you say we lost it at Leicester, why not at Everton, Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, Man Utd or what about the loss and draw to City? It's like saying if we do win the league we did so at Arsenal in December, those three points were more important than the other 97 (or whatever we end up with) for some reason. It's a simplistic, reductionist argument that holds no weight whatsoever.

As for Clyne there's absolutely nothing to suggest we'd have picked up more points with him than without. In fact as others have pointed out it could have had the opposite effect, who knows.

I don't get why we're discussing where we may possibly have lost the league before it's even over, or maybe more importantly why I feel the need to respond...

We're pushing one of the best teams in recent history for the title, and we're in yet another Champions League semi. No, Klopp isn't perfect, but he's the best man for the job and I have absolutely nothing to complain about. If we do miss out on trophies yet again I'll be bitterly disappointed but if you can't see the direction this team is heading you don't deserve to come along on the ride. ENJOY IT!
      What he said.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1148: Apr 18, 2019 06:01:58 pm

We're pushing one of the best teams in recent history for the title, and we're in yet another Champions League semi.
      No, Klopp isn't perfect, but he's the best man for the job and I have absolutely nothing to complain about.
      If we do miss out on trophies yet again I'll be bitterly disappointed but if you can't see the direction this team is heading you don't deserve to come along on the ride. ENJOY IT!

Agreed.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1149: Apr 18, 2019 10:52:37 pm
      This year it was Clyne.
      Last year it was Sturridge.
      The year before it was Sakho and Benteke.

Every year Jürgen is questioned about players he lets go. Every year he delivers our targets come May. We should trust his judgement, as it's usually right.

Quick Reply