Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186529 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1173: Apr 22, 2019 01:04:38 am
      6 wins to go Commmeeeeooooooooooooooo nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnn
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1174: Apr 22, 2019 09:50:48 am
      We're on course to 97 points.

Anyone who blames Klopp for not winning the title (if) is a moron.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1175: Apr 22, 2019 10:31:45 am
      We're on course to 97 points.

Anyone who blames Klopp for not winning the title (if) is a moron.
      Don't think anybody if blaming him explicitly, he's done well. However he's made mistakes too, like all managers have. Nobody is perfect, but there is an attitude that anybody who points that out has an agenda. That's truly ridiculous. Nobody on this forum has said that it's Klopp's fault.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1176: Apr 22, 2019 10:38:07 am
      Don't think anybody if blaming him explicitly, he's done well. However he's made mistakes too, like all managers have. Nobody is perfect, but there is an attitude that anybody who points that out has an agenda. That's truly ridiculous.

If Jürgen gets us 90+ points every season he is entitled to make the odd mistake.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1177: Apr 22, 2019 10:38:30 am
      Don't think anybody if blaming him explicitly, he's done well. However he's made mistakes too, like all managers have. Nobody is perfect, but there is an attitude that anybody who points that out has an agenda. That's truly ridiculous. Nobody on this forum has said that it's Klopp's fault.

You said it was his fault if we don't win it due to Leicester 🙄

Anyone who thinks a team who is likely to finish anywhere 90points plus should have any sort of criticism levelled at them...sorry is a bellend
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1178: Apr 22, 2019 10:48:29 am

Anyone who thinks a team who is likely to finish anywhere 90points plus should have any sort of criticism levelled at them...sorry is a bellend
      We shouldn't be shrinking our team in the winter window. If anybody wants out they should wait for summer, do you disagree with that? What if Lovren, Origi, Lallana or Shaqiri suddenly go in the next winter then we get injuries again, is that fine with you then? I'm not blaming Klopp because had referees don't their jobs we'd be clear of city now, but shrinking in the winter is an error in my opinion.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1179: Apr 22, 2019 10:51:17 am
      We shouldn't be shrinking our team in the winter window. If anybody wants out they should wait for summer, do you disagree with that? What if Lovren, Origi, Lallana or Shaqiri suddenly go in the next winter then we get injuries again, is that fine with you then? I'm not blaming Klopp because had referees don't their jobs we'd be clear of city now, but shrinking in the winter is an error in my opinion.

Beep beep beep

This idiot is reversing
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1180: Apr 22, 2019 10:58:59 am
      Beep beep beep

This idiot is reversing
      I'm not reversing. I never blamed Klopp, I just said from the start getting rid of players in winter is not ideal. It probably cost us 2 points.

I reckon city had +6 points thanks to refs and we've had -4 thanks to Mane goals being ruled out and stuff, that's a 10 point swing... it feels like Klopp has to be perfect to win the league, it should not be like that. Brilliant should be enough but this season it probably won't be.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1181: Apr 22, 2019 11:05:23 am
      I'm not reversing. I never blamed Klopp.

Wait what..?😂

You lying little shitbag...💩
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1182: Apr 22, 2019 11:05:56 am
      If Jürgen gets us 90+ points every season he is entitled to make the odd mistake.
      I usually agree, but the penalties city get, like Silva diving to beat west ham... We took a draw against west ham. City cheated and that could be a key difference. 27th of February it was.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1183: Apr 22, 2019 11:30:05 am
      Most points a Liverpool pool team has ever had in the Premier League era.
      Still three games left to play.
      Agendas are a hell of a drug.

Like  it or not he does he has raised some valid points... We did have a mini defensive crisis starting mid- December and into Mid January and keeping Clyne would have surely Helped... Not sure about the point of Henderson and not playing him in a more advanced role as he has been recently, as neither we (The Supporters) or Klopp knew then how effective Henderson would be in that role.

To me a CB would have been a good buy over that period and would have helped serve us in both the Leicester City game and the West Ham game, both of which we drew. Either way a win on one or more of these game would see us two, or four points better off.

But we are where we are now, but just saying he does have a point
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1184: Apr 22, 2019 11:37:26 am
      Christ here we go again - the same people going on about the same sh*te

Rip and letting the 4th choice right back go and that Donavon bloke going on about bringing in another CB

We didn’t need another CB hence why Klavan left - we had options in the squad and the 4th choice right back going had zero affect on our season

Empty vessels spouting white noise to make themselves relevant
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1185: Apr 22, 2019 11:44:35 am
      Like  it or not he does he has raised some valid points... We did have a mini defensive crisis starting mid- December and into Mid January and keeping Clyne would have surely Helped... Not sure about the point of Henderson and not playing him in a more advanced role as he has been recently, as neither we (The Supporters) or Klopp knew then how effective Henderson would be in that role.

To me a CB would have been a good buy over that period and would have helped serve us in both the Leicester City game and the West Ham game, both of which we drew. Either way a win on one or more of these game would see us two, or four points better off.

But we are where we are now, but just saying he does have a point

These kind of comments annoy me. No one knows the knock on effect from a result, it’s like predicting the future.

For example, when people say we should be 3-0 after missing 3 good chances, again it’s bollocks because the impact of the original chance (if it was a goal) could change the momentum of the match, tactics change etc.

Yes we could have beat West Ham but who knows what impact that result would have had on the following match, we could potentially gone into the Bournemouth game with less hunger and ended up drawing?

It’s all hearsay and bollocks if you ask me.

I don’t see those games as dropped points, I see it as a collection of results that have earned us 88 f**king points with 3 games to go.

An absolutely majestic season!!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1186: Apr 22, 2019 11:50:40 am

In truth Klopp can be a bit stubborn in his ways and slow to recognize his his takes, Hence we never see a play "B" or you always see the same faces on the bench...

And how he can make a statement like,"We will not be spending big this summer" is beyond me surly it depends who is on offer

That's not saying that at this moment in time I would like to see another manager at the helm. Klopp fits Liverpool like the old Jamaican saying "It fits like Yam fits into to a (The "N" word) mouth.. It fits sweet"

Though I believe that sometime he does make mistakes No one does not want to see he here, and the frustration comes from knowing that we are that close from something really special under Klopp, something that will last for  years to come.

Mate, finishing with the highest points tally ever means nothing unless you have something to show for it in the end.... Mistakes have been made, and lets hope he has learnt from them

Kopite78
      Reply #1187: Apr 22, 2019 11:53:07 am
      In truth Klopp can be a bit stubborn in his ways and slow to recognize his his takes, Hence we never see a play "B" or you always see the same faces on the bench...

And how he can make a statement like,"We will not be spending big this summer" is beyond me surly it depends who is on offer

That's not saying that at this moment in time I would like to see another manager at the helm. Klopp fits Liverpool like the old Jamaican saying "It fits like Yam fits into to a (The "N" word) mouth.. It fits sweet"

Though I believe that sometime he does make mistakes No one does not want to see he here, and the frustration comes from knowing that we are that close from something really special under Klopp, something that will last for  years to come.
      Mate, finishing with the highest points tally ever means nothing unless you have something to show for it in the end.... Mistakes have been made, and lets hope he has learnt from them

Not even worth debating this

Utter tripe
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1188: Apr 22, 2019 11:57:07 am
      How any Liverpool fan can think Clyne - on the basis of his time with us - could be the difference between us drawing and winning a game, is beyond me. I mean say he had been here and started those games (which I doubt anyway), do these posters think that his inclusion at the expense of Henderson would have given us the 3 points? I really doubt it. Hell, he might have even cost us the points that currently keep us in the title race.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1189: Apr 22, 2019 12:19:20 pm
      These kind of comments annoy me. No one knows the knock on effect from a result, it’s like predicting the future.
      That is quite right I agree with you, But here is the thing... We had injuries to Gomez and Lovren, leaving only Matip and VVD as CB cover, what If Henderson and Fab' had picked up injuries...?

VVD was suspended for the first leg of the Bayern game.. Now I am sure that in your heart of Hearts you like me expected a loss vs Bayern and was hoping that it would not be to severe...

My point is he should have bought in cover regardless, there was to much at stake, and he should have been prudent enough to do that...
      The Fac that he (We) did not need it in the end is no real vindication of that decision, he (Klopp) just got lucky

Now how that would have panned out no one can tell we may still have draw with West Ham and Leicester, we could have won or we could have lost, but for me the decision was wrong

I don’t see those games as dropped points, I see it as a collection of results that have earned us 88 f**king points with 3 games to go.

An absolutely majestic season!!!
      As I have said it means nothing unless We win the title
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2019 03:55:05 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1190: Apr 22, 2019 12:19:38 pm
      I'm not reversing. I never blamed Klopp, I just said from the start getting rid of players in winter is not ideal. It probably cost us 2 points.

I reckon city had +6 points thanks to refs and we've had -4 thanks to Mane goals being ruled out and stuff, that's a 10 point swing... it feels like Klopp has to be perfect to win the league, it should not be like that. Brilliant should be enough but this season it probably won't be.

I reckon you haven't got a F***ing clue what you're banging on about, and know F**k all about football.

That's my opinion
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1191: Apr 22, 2019 12:27:51 pm
      How any Liverpool fan can think Clyne - on the basis of his time with us - could be the difference between us drawing and winning a game, is beyond me. I mean say he had been here and started those games (which I doubt anyway), do these posters think that his inclusion at the expense of Henderson would have given us the 3 points? I really doubt it. Hell, he might have even cost us the points that currently keep us in the title race.
      I believe Henderson started the Leicester City game at Right Back when he could have been use in midfield
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1192: Apr 22, 2019 12:41:16 pm
      Comments like ‘finishing with the highest points total ever means nothing if you have nothing to show for it at the end’ are a demonstration that certain individuals on these boards follow this club for entirely the wrong reason and will never truly ‘get’ it.

It’s the journey what counts and enjoying the ride, no matter what happens come season end. This is in my opinion, the greatest Liverpool team I’ve ever seen with a level of consistency and quality that no team over the last 30 years would be able to match.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1193: Apr 22, 2019 12:55:23 pm
      Comments like ‘finishing with the highest points total ever means nothing if you have nothing to show for it at the end’ are a demonstration that certain individuals on these boards follow this club for entirely the wrong reason and will never truly ‘get’ it.

It’s the journey what counts and enjoying the ride, no matter what happens come season end. This is in my opinion, the greatest Liverpool team I’ve ever seen with a level of consistency and quality that no team over the last 30 years would be able to match.
      Mate The journey is fine, but to say that we are finishing with the highest points tally, and trying to hold on to that fact as if it is comparable with winning the title almost comical if it was not so sad... If this was Spain and we where Barca Finishing second to Real with the highest points ever, do you believe that the Barca supporters would be bragging about it, and considering they had done well that season...? 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1194: Apr 22, 2019 01:07:33 pm
      When we win the league I’ll point to the West Ham & Leicester games to say we won the title at those 2 games..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1195: Apr 22, 2019 01:09:39 pm
      That is quite right I agree with you, But here is the thing... We had injuries to Gomez and Lovren, leaving only Matip and VVD as CB cover, what If Henderson and Fab' had picked up injuries...?

VVD was suspended for the first leg of the Bayern game.. Now I am sure that in your heart of Hearts you like me expected a loss vs Bayern and was hoping that it would not be to serve...

My point is he should have bought in cover regardless, there was to much at stake, and he should have been prudent enough to do that...
      The Fac that he (We) did not need it in the end is no real vindication of that decision, he (Klopp) just got lucky

Now how that would have panned out no one can tell we may still have draw with West Ham and Leicester, we could have won or we could have lost, but for me the decision was wrong
      As I have said it means nothing unless We win the title

It’s like a broken clueless record

We didn’t lose against Bayern and it was only you constantly going on about needing a CB - Klopp didn’t get lucky he just knows what he is doing - a damn sight more than keyboard managers on a forum

Some people will just go on and on - if they get proven wrong then the manager was lucky , I suspect if we do just miss out you will be desperate to attempt to use not buying a CB as the reason

Quick Reply