Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 188592 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1196: Apr 22, 2019 01:21:13 pm
      Klopp has managed the injury situation well enough.Maybe could've kept Clyne but the club can't keep everyone..just in case.

The Boss has managed the squad brilliantly this season. TAA, Mo, Keita,Fab all needed careful handling. Matip as well has been transformed. Rotation, selection, tactics all excellent. Arguable the best motivator at the club since Sir Bill himself.

Said it before, this man touches the soul of the City of Liverpool. Obviously he has to win trophies and he knows that.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1197: Apr 22, 2019 01:21:32 pm
      Like  it or not he does he has raised some valid points... We did have a mini defensive crisis starting mid- December and into Mid January and keeping Clyne would have surely Helped... Not sure about the point of Henderson and not playing him in a more advanced role as he has been recently, as neither we (The Supporters) or Klopp knew then how effective Henderson would be in that role.

To me a CB would have been a good buy over that period and would have helped serve us in both the Leicester City game and the West Ham game, both of which we drew. Either way a win on one or more of these game would see us two, or four points better off.

But we are where we are now, but just saying he does have a point

Keeping Clyne and playing him could have cost us points. Maybe not playing him against Man United would have meant we won that game. Nathaniel hasn't exactly proved to anyone that it was wrong to let him go to Bournemouth, he has been below the level we need and is not suited to the way we play. Going by Clyne's history with us, I'm much more convinced he would have cost us points, from his defending, were he has a poor record in aerial duels and has cost us before or the lack of ability further up the pitch, when we rely so much the attacking play of our full backs, something Clyne has never had in his locker.

He doesn't have a point, he has an opinion, but not one I feel is backed by the evidence at hand.

As far as I'm concerned, the keeping Clyne hypothesis is right up there with flat earth and anti-vax conspiracies.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1198: Apr 22, 2019 01:50:24 pm
      I believe Henderson started the Leicester City game at Right Back when he could have been use in midfield

You and the other idiot have spent most of the season saying Henderson shouldn't even be at the club, now to support some stupid agenda, you want him back in midfield.

It beggars belief.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #1199: Apr 22, 2019 03:04:53 pm
      You and the other idiot have spent most of the season saying Henderson shouldn't even be at the club, now to support some stupid agenda, you want him back in midfield.

It beggars belief.
      The other one said the same thing about Hendo a while back. I couldn’t even muster the energy to point out the irony in either of their posts.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1200: Apr 22, 2019 03:56:09 pm
      When we win the league I’ll point to the West Ham & Leicester games to say we won the title at those 2 games..
      And I will be more then happy for you to do so
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1201: Apr 22, 2019 04:00:09 pm
      Keeping Clyne and playing him could have cost us points. Maybe not playing him against Man United would have meant we won that game. Nathaniel hasn't exactly proved to anyone that it was wrong to let him go to Bournemouth, he has been below the level we need and is not suited to the way we play. Going by Clyne's history with us, I'm much more convinced he would have cost us points, from his defending, were he has a poor record in aerial duels and has cost us before or the lack of ability further up the pitch, when we rely so much the attacking play of our full backs, something Clyne has never had in his locker.

He doesn't have a point, he has an opinion, but not one I feel is backed by the evidence at hand.

As far as I'm concerned, the keeping Clyne hypothesis is right up there with flat earth and anti-vax conspiracies.

You are of course rigth We could have won ,lost or drawn those game and we will never know, but his point about loaning out a defender with so many of them injured is quite valid
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1202: Apr 22, 2019 04:12:22 pm
      Whatever happens now we've had 1 helluva season and an unforgettable ride under this man.

Nothing is won or lost yet but we are very lucky to have Klopp with us and very lucky to support a club like this one.

Clubs like City are 10 a penny. Soulless I'd call them. In many ways pointless. It's hard to find any common ground between the 2 clubs really. They are a hard  team to respect certainly.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1203: Apr 22, 2019 04:38:20 pm

You are of course rigth We could have won ,lost or drawn those game and we will never know, but his point about loaning out a defender with so many of them injured is quite valid

Not really, even if he'd stayed, I doubt he would have played, so it makes no difference. How many teams have a fourth choice full back that plays anything but league cup games, how many even have fourth choice full backs? If the injuries were lengthier, maybe, but it was a short term problem and Clyne certainly wasn't the solution.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1204: Apr 22, 2019 05:06:36 pm
      Not really, even if he'd stayed, I doubt he would have played, so it makes no difference. How many teams have a fourth choice full back that plays anything but league cup games, how many even have fourth choice full backs? If the injuries were lengthier, maybe, but it was a short term problem and Clyne certainly wasn't the solution.
      Did not also TAA get injured during that time..? Truth is we will not know, but with Clyne being here and avialibe I can't see either Henderson, or Milner starting at Right Back, but who's to say
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #1205: Apr 22, 2019 05:24:09 pm
      Did not also TAA get injured during that time..? Truth is we will not know, but with Clyne being here and avialibe I can't see either Henderson, or Milner starting at Right Back, but who's to say

Milner started at right back over Clyne a number of times when they were both fit and TAA or Gomez were out
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1206: Apr 22, 2019 05:40:56 pm

Don't know why you can't see it, Milner got the nod ahead of Clyne several times.

Add to that Clyne went from almost ever present to three starts in 18 months, less than 300 minutes played, more than sums up his time here had come to an end.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2019 05:50:44 pm by Roddenberry »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1207: Apr 22, 2019 05:49:17 pm
      Really don't get this,so many dead threads and people are in here arguing the toss over whether Clyne,a bit part cup o tea player would win us the F***ing title.Should of kept Lazar Markovic as well right! Klopp knows what the F**k he's doing. 
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1208: Apr 22, 2019 06:34:39 pm
      Don't know why you can't see it, Milner got the nod ahead of Clyne several times.

Add to that Clyne went from almost ever present to three starts in 18 months, less than 300 minutes played, more than sums up his time here had come to an end.
      Don't know about that, Thought Clyne had been on the long term injury list, still klopp knew the score going into the January window and should have done something about it, but as i said it is now water under he bridge
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #1209: Apr 22, 2019 07:46:08 pm
      Don't know about that, Thought Clyne had been on the long term injury list, still klopp knew the score going into the January window and should have done something about it, but as i said it is now water under he bridge

Guess I’m ignored - but even when Clyne was fit Milner was still ahead of him

And Klopp knew what he is was doing
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,166 posts | 514 
      Reply #1210: Apr 22, 2019 08:28:50 pm
      If Clyne was such a massive loss to some on here, how come he ended up at Bournemouth and not one of the so called big clubs ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1211: Apr 22, 2019 08:31:33 pm
      If Clyne was such a massive loss to some on here, how come he ended up at Bournemouth and not one of the so called big clubs ?

He's a "massive" loss to two posters

But don't worry those two are clueless simpletons
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,166 posts | 514 
      Reply #1212: Apr 22, 2019 08:39:20 pm

I know, but it does my head in, keep on and on and on about the same old thing.
      What gets me is, all the while he was injured I didn't see many posts on here saying "wait till we get Clyne back "  :mad:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1213: Apr 22, 2019 08:41:16 pm

Did not claim that he was a "massive loss" I merely agreed that i was a odd time to get rid considering the injuries in the back line...

People here was saying that when we got rid of Conor Coady that it was no great loss, and many moths later a lot of them are wanting to resign him...

And BTW, I never thought that Clyne was a great signing, I believe I stated that here in the past...

My original point still stands that like it or not Rib' has a valid point

Kopite78
      Reply #1214: Apr 22, 2019 08:45:25 pm
      Did not claim that he was a "massive loss" I merely agreed that i was a odd time to get rid considering the injuries in the back line...

People here was saying that when we got rid of Conor Coady that it was no great loss, and many moths later a lot of them are wanting to resign him...

And BTW, I never thought that Clyne was a great signing, I believe I stated that here in the past...

My original point still stands that like it or not Rib' has a valid point

He absolutely does not
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1215: Apr 22, 2019 08:57:48 pm
      Guess you are in the "Not" like it camp
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1216: Apr 22, 2019 08:59:01 pm
      Quote from Ribapuru
      We shouldn't be shrinking our team in the winter window. If anybody wants out they should wait for summer, do you disagree with that? What if Lovren, Origi, Lallana or Shaqiri suddenly go in the next winter then we get injuries again, is that fine with you then? I'm not blaming Klopp because had referees don't their jobs we'd be clear of city now, but shrinking in the winter is an error in my opinion.

Your opinion misses or ignores one significant detail. Clyne realised his place in the team's pecking order, and asked Klopp to let him go. So he left. He'll be back here in a couple of months for pre-season, probably looking for another move. What will your opinion be then?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1217: Apr 22, 2019 09:00:37 pm
      If anyone at the club really gave a toss about Clyne then he’d still be here, instead he’s busy being inconsistent as ever, not pulling up any trees and having to fight hard to hold down a starting place in a weak Bournemouth team. Maybe, just maybe, Klopp knows what he’s doing with this whole player in and player out business. People keep questioning his signings and use of them at first and if a player was really good enough to be with us, then Klopp wouldn’t so happily let them go, especially during an injury crisis so I think that says it all about the level of performance from Clyne at the club since Klopp came in.

Clyne isn’t here, get over it. No need to go looking for excuses as to why we didn’t win the league (if that’s the case), it’s just a simple fact that City would have been that inch better than us. Simple.

We have far more important things to be thinking about now than Clyne. You can bet Klopp isn’t giving him a thought.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1218: Apr 22, 2019 10:38:06 pm
      If anyone at the club really gave a toss about Clyne then he’d still be here, instead he’s busy being inconsistent as ever, not pulling up any trees and having to fight hard to hold down a starting place in a weak Bournemouth team. Maybe, just maybe, Klopp knows what he’s doing with this whole player in and player out business. People keep questioning his signings and use of them at first and if a player was really good enough to be with us, then Klopp wouldn’t so happily let them go, especially during an injury crisis so I think that says it all about the level of performance from Clyne at the club since Klopp came in.

Believe it or not I agree with this, but I still believe that it would have been prudent to bring in a CB during the January window... It could have quite easily gone wrong had it had been Matip of VVD who had pick up the injury rather than TAA.

Quick Reply