Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 188257 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1242: Apr 24, 2019 10:06:13 am
      racer, It is not what I was doing... I said countless time that The Leicester game we could have won,drawn or loss even if we have bought someone/two in during the January window...

The point Rib' made which I said was a valid one was you do not weaken your team by selling during the January window

My point was it would have been prudent to bring in a CB during that window...

Now the fact that we got away with it with the cover we had was lucky

Now whether you agree with those points or not tell me what is so wrong with them...?

Ffs mate, drop it now, can’t you just accept that your wrong and Rib for that matter, how can you ‘weaken’ a team if said player (Clyne) wasn’t in Klopp’s plans and would not have featured anyway, and had ample cover too, again why sign a CB just for the hell of it, to cover for a minimum amount of time, and again have ample cover in Fabinho,
      If our manager thought for one minute that his team, his squad of players were not capable of seeing out a mini injury period, don’t you think he WOULD have brought someone in to alleviate it, simple fact is he didn’t need to,
      Jürgen will only sign players who fit his brand, players he feels we need that will enhance what he already has, bringing in a player willy nilly won’t work, square pegs round holes is the phrase I think we’re looking at here,
      Players that do or will fit are not always available especially in the winter window so it’s not as if they are hanging off trees.

Put this to bed fella, your not winning this debate, the more you hanker on about it, the bigger fool you are becoming!!

YNWA
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1243: Apr 24, 2019 10:11:08 am
      We've 3 games to go and still in with a chance of winning the PL / CL and some people want to focus on Nat Clyne  :smack:
      88 points already.  Seriously...

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1244: Apr 24, 2019 10:13:47 am
      Totally agree, that was a six pointer... My point was not that the draw with Leicester cost us the title, per se. It was more that we should have strengthen in the January window and not doing so may have lead  to draws against Leicester and West Ham and had we won one of those games things would be very different now

On the flip side mate, the draws against West Ham, Leicester and every one of the other 5 draws we had were either 0-0 or 1-1, so I would argue the issue was on the other side. Bobby and Mo had their dip in form, which arguably could cost us the title with lack of goals in those 7 draws. Does that mean we should have bought a top striker in January? Answer might well be "perhaps in hindsight".

Not trying to put your argument down at all mate, just giving a different perspective. Given this is a Klopp thread, I think he did superbly well with the number of injuries at the back.

Once Gomez is fully fit, I actually think we should offload Lovren and have Matip as our only senior back up with a youngster coming through the ranks. Ki-Jana Hoever should be an understudy to VVD with more appearances next year.

Really don't think we need to buy a CB. We deffo need a versatile full back who can play both sides as cover and arguably a top attacking midfielder / striker. But not a CB.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1245: Apr 24, 2019 11:02:08 am
      And if we did 'strengthen', it wouldn't be the first time it caused a club to lose points either, as a player beds in, would it?
      I did say, that we could have won, drawn or loss those games regardless, and that I would have strengthened
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1246: Apr 24, 2019 11:05:25 am

Ffs mate, drop it now, can’t you just accept that your wrong and Rib for that matter, how can you ‘weaken’ a team if said player (Clyne) wasn’t in Klopp’s plans and would not have featured anyway, and had ample cover too, again why sign a CB just for the hell of it, to cover for a minimum amount of time, and again have ample cover in Fabinho,
      If our manager thought for one minute that his team, his squad of players were not capable of seeing out a mini injury period, don’t you think he WOULD have brought someone in to alleviate it, simple fact is he didn’t need to,
      Jürgen will only sign players who fit his brand, players he feels we need that will enhance what he already has, bringing in a player willy nilly won’t work, square pegs round holes is the phrase I think we’re looking at here,
      Players that do or will fit are not always available especially in the winter window so it’s not as if they are hanging off trees.

Put this to bed fella, your not winning this debate, the more you hanker on about it, the bigger fool you are becoming!!

YNWA

Two things...
      (A) I can't drop it if people out there keep quoting me then try to tell me why I am wrong...

(B) In my opinion; I don't think that I am wrong...

The point Rib' made which I feel is Valid was that you don't weaken the team going into the January window

Now you and many out there I have the impression I rate Clyne... When a few here was claiming that he was "The Future of the England" team and that he was the "Third best RB in England" I was the one disputing that and kept doing us...As I have said it was not the matter of how it was, simple the matter of selling a defender when we had so many injuries in defense to cope with...

Last Point... some of you out there hinted at how bad Clyne is, and showed that you feel he should not be at the club,Which is fine by me. I respect your rights to do so... But' you people can not do that then slate people he do the same to players you like by saying things like, "You know nothing about football" or "Your Clueless" because others or myself felt that way about Henderson.. You are being hypocritical
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2019 11:19:08 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1247: Apr 24, 2019 11:13:25 am
      Two things...
      (A) I can't drop it if people out there keep quoting me then try to tell me why I am wrong...

(B) In my opinion; I don't think that I am wrong

Just shut the F**k up already.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1248: Apr 24, 2019 11:20:11 am
      You don't like it Don' read it
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1249: Apr 24, 2019 11:34:46 am
      On the flip side mate, the draws against West Ham, Leicester and every one of the other 5 draws we had were either 0-0 or 1-1, so I would argue the issue was on the other side. Bobby and Mo had their dip in form, which arguably could cost us the title with lack of goals in those 7 draws. Does that mean we should have bought a top striker in January? Answer might well be "perhaps in hindsight".

Not trying to put your argument down at all mate, just giving a different perspective. Given this is a Klopp thread, I think he did superbly well with the number of injuries at the back.

Once Gomez is fully fit, I actually think we should offload Lovren and have Matip as our only senior back up with a youngster coming through the ranks. Ki-Jana Hoever should be an understudy to VVD with more appearances next year.

Really don't think we need to buy a CB. We deffo need a versatile full back who can play both sides as cover and arguably a top attacking midfielder / striker. But not a CB.

ozi_wozzy.... Have not read your post yet but was going to state that I will reply to no more, until I saw what  Dadorious had to say...... So

"Not trying to put your argument down at all mate, just giving a different perspective."...

Thank you for trying to see what it is I am say, and yes a different perspective is always welcomed

Point taken on the dip in form of the front three during that period, and although Lovren is a better defender than people often give him credit for he needs to be offloaded as he spends to much time on the injury list...

Also agree the Klopp has done a remarkable job, though I think he can be a bit inflexible in his thinking....

Think we need a good clear out this summer (at least 6) and 3- 4 quality player bought in
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1250: Apr 24, 2019 11:51:49 am
      We've 3 games to go and still in with a chance of winning the PL / CL and some people want to focus on Nat Clyne  :smack:
      88 points already.  Seriously...

Oh man, going through the last few pages I thought the Gaffer let go of freaking Messi in January.  :roll:

I never in a million years would have guessed that an average at best, type of player such is Clyne, would have people so shattered by his departure. Don't think the likes of Torres, Alonso, Suarez, Coutinho leaving the club made some of our fellow Reds this passionate about the managers decisions and yet Clyne. .. Oh dear.

Anyway, onwards and upwards Boss, you are doing a wonderful job.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1251: Apr 24, 2019 12:01:06 pm
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1252: Apr 24, 2019 12:32:26 pm
      Oh man, going through the last few pages I thought the Gaffer let go of freaking Messi in January.  :roll:

It's just WUM'ing for imho - people keep engaging, they keep at it.
      Not sure at what point a mod says enough is enough, but I guess no rules are being broken, apart from common sense being nailed to the cross.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1253: Apr 24, 2019 01:39:50 pm

Unfortunately yours and that other looney tunes spamming and wumming is unavoidable as even on ignore I see your sh*t which someone else quotes.

You’re just talking absolute bollocks to remain relevant, you’re not.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1254: Apr 24, 2019 01:50:41 pm

I never in a million years would have guessed that an average at best, type of player such is Clyne, would have people so shattered by his departure. Don't think the likes of Torres, Alonso, Suarez, Coutinho leaving the club made some of our fellow Reds this passionate about the managers decisions and yet Clyne. .. Oh dear.

Anyway, onwards and upwards Boss, you are doing a wonderful job.

Exactly Kate people keeping on about a player that hardly featured for two seasons , some are enjoying the ride , while some just like to bleat , if they can’t enjoy this season , then there’s no hope for them ,
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1255: Apr 24, 2019 02:12:13 pm
      I did say, that we could have won, drawn or loss those games regardless, and that I would have strengthened

And also, how many players has, without a pre-season (of sorts), Klopp brought straight in to the team?

I really don't think a January signing would have made the difference you're implying it would, much like I definitely don't believe letting Clyne go has cost us anything.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1256: Apr 24, 2019 03:38:59 pm
      Unfortunately yours and that other looney tunes spamming and wumming is unavoidable as even on ignore I see your sh*t which someone else quotes.

You’re just talking absolute bollocks to remain relevant, you’re not.

What makes you think that I have to feel relevant in the eyes of you or anyone else here...? You are not that important to me...

I say that someone has a point and everyone goes in to a meltdown...?? WTF

Mate If you see a post of mine, or someone else with my name attached scroll past it. If it winds you up that much and think of you health (Blood pressure)... I do not know how the ignore button works or were to fine it so If I see a post with S**b name on it or Lallana in jimjams I scroll straight pass it, i don't give it a look
      Kopite78
      Reply #1257: Apr 24, 2019 03:48:10 pm

I say that someone has a point and everyone goes in to a meltdown...?? WTF

Hey you're the one saying that people should be able to air their views and make their points

It just so happens in this case that his point is so damn F***ing ridiculous that everybody else view on It, everybodies opinion on it and everyone's take on it is that it needs pulling up because it's F***ing nonsense

All good here
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #1258: Apr 24, 2019 03:48:45 pm
      Huddersfield on Friday. Barca on Mayday. The Boss takes it one game at a time but his selection might reflect the Barca game. He has to nobble Messi somehow. Not kick him...noooo...just whether to man mark him or whatever. Must have a plan in mind for Barca. Going to be a great challenge keeping Messi out of it. and the rest of them as well. Looking forward to one of the great C/L semi finals.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1259: Apr 24, 2019 03:49:18 pm
      And also, how many players has, without a pre-season (of sorts), Klopp brought straight in to the team?

I really don't think a January signing would have made the difference you're implying it would, much like I definitely don't believe letting Clyne go has cost us anything.

Mate defense is a bit different from other areas on the pitch... VVD in the January window turned out OK did it, no

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2019 04:10:15 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1260: Apr 24, 2019 03:51:24 pm
      Mate defense is a bit different from other areas on the pitch... VVD in the January window turned out OK did it no

Ah yes, let's compare how one of the best defenders walking this planet, if not the best, worked out vs. someone who'd be here as 5th choice. Yea, it's sure to be exactly the same....
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1261: Apr 24, 2019 04:08:41 pm
      Hey you're the one saying that people should be able to air their views and make their points

It just so happens in this case that his point is so damn f**king ridiculous that everybody else view on It, everybodies opinion on it and everyone's take on it is that it needs pulling up because it's f**king nonsense

All good here

Yes they should... But pull me on something I said and not something that you perceive that i have said...

What I said was...

Like  it or not he does he has raised some valid points... We did have a mini defensive crisis starting mid- December and into Mid January and keeping Clyne would have surely Helped... Not sure about the point of Henderson and not playing him in a more advanced role as he has been recently, as neither we (The Supporters) or Klopp knew then how effective Henderson would be in that role.

To me a CB would have been a good buy over that period and would have helped serve us in both the Leicester City game and the West Ham game, both of which we drew. Either way a win on one or more of these game would see us two, or four points better off.

But we are where we are now, but just saying he does have a point

Stating that with Clyne in defense Henderson would have not had to play RB, Like it or not even thought he is third string in the RB position he is still better than Henderson at right back
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2019 08:03:26 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1262: Apr 24, 2019 04:43:15 pm

Hope to F**k the conversation is closed!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1263: Apr 24, 2019 06:20:29 pm
      I’m sure if we check the Nathanial Clyne player thread we’ll see it full of comments about how good he was for us when he was starting regularly...

Or maybe it’ll be full of comments on how he’s a defensive liability and offers nothing going forward.

This is the same Clyne who can’t nail down a starter spot for Bournemouth who can’t keep a clean sheet to save themselves and shock horror, has had his own injury issues on loan the second he started consistently playing.

Ive not read all the comments because quite frankly I can’t be fu**ed. But if anyone is suggesting for a second putting Clyne out on loan could cost us a title when we had apt cover not least including Fabinho who has played for Brazil at right back... I don’t know what to say to that person, it’s baffling why you’d even be thinking about this in the first place.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1264: Apr 24, 2019 06:31:53 pm
      I’m sure if we check the Nathanial Clyne player thread we’ll see it full of comments about how good he was for us when he was starting regularly...

Or maybe it’ll be full of comments on how he’s a defensive liability and offers nothing going forward.

This is the same Clyne who can’t nail down a starter spot for Bournemouth who can’t keep a clean sheet to save themselves and shock horror, has had his own injury issues on loan the second he started consistently playing.

Ive not read all the comments because quite frankly I can’t be fu**ed. But if anyone is suggesting for a second putting Clyne out on loan could cost us a title when we had apt cover not least including Fabinho who has played for Brazil at right back... I don’t know what to say to that person, it’s baffling why you’d even be thinking about this in the first place.

You know how it is mate, they're getting their ducks in a row in case we don't win the title.
      That and the fact Klopp said anyone who thinks what they think is an idiot, which was proven maybe 10 minutes after Shabs posted the video.

Quick Reply