Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 190233 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1380: May 04, 2019 10:30:50 am
      "Why has Shaqiri been benched so long? "  A question I'd love answered.

Probably same reason why Keita, Fabinho, Ox were all benched...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1381: May 04, 2019 10:35:03 am
      Probably same reason why Keita, Fabinho, Ox were all benched...
      Shaqiri has a long term injury and sits on the bench half the season, got it...  :roll:

If he wasn't fit after dropping out the Swiss side be should not be back on the bench. I'm "thinking" that it's a selection choice.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1382: May 04, 2019 10:45:21 am
      Shaqiri has a long term injury and sits on the bench half the season, got it...  :roll:

If he wasn't fit after dropping out the Swiss side be should not be back on the bench. I'm "thinking" that it's a selection choice.

I'm thinking that's what shabs meant too

😏
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1383: May 04, 2019 10:48:55 am
      I have no concept of injuries? Yet I was was right with when Ox would be back playing when there was talk of him returning in February... Okay then.

Wow!!... So you guested one right By the way; I was right when I said Gomez could suffer a setback... 1-1

So someone says that we should have started Firmino, which in all likelihood would then mean him playing with the intention of lasting a minimum of say 70 minutes. A player who is ruled out of one game, and then a doubt going into the next game, due to a groin injury, isn't going to be starting it because of the increased chances of the injury being made worse. You don't start a game with one player and then take him off after about 15/20mins, you end the game with him playing that amount of time. At the end of the game the opposition will be more tired and should therefore be less effort needed when chasing them down, hassling them etc. Start a player with a slight injury doubt and he will have less chance against the opposition and less chance of getting through without making it worse. Clearly I do have concept of injuries because otherwise Klopp would have started Bobby, wouldn't he? and he wouldn't be listed as a doubt again for Newcastle, would he?

Many would argue that if that was the case  you would not risk playing the player full stop, and instead use another player.
      Regardless of the pace of the game Firmino could have exacerbated the injury in that last 15 or the first 70 minutes...
      You are basing your argument on the premise that the game would have slowed on both teams due to fatigue and acceptance of the scoreline when in fact Firmino would have been expected to produce a higher level of work to try and rescue the tie...

Come back to me when you've fu**ed the ACL in both knees more than once, had bad advice about playing again which has led to needing more surgery on it, when you've torn your groin and when you split your kneecap in half. I'd comfortably wager on it that I know a damn sight more about injuries than you
      Muppet.

You do realize that insulting people does not make your point any more valid do you...?
      Or maybe you don't...

If it was the case that AOC was not fit, then why risk him vs Huddersfield...? And before you claim "To give him some match fitness" of test him, is that not what the reserve games are for..?

Klopp is damned regardless what decision he made regarding Bobby. He could have started Bobby and played him over an hour and made the injury worse and missed the rest of the season, but instead he chose a risk period of about 15mins at the end of the game to try and claw a goal or 2 back and not ruin Bobby's season. Either way, there's people like you and the clown across the water who are never happy either way because everything is just black and white for you guys.

You believe yourself a better supporter than other because you never question anything that a manager does or does not do...?

It is you who seeing everything in black and white, evident by this post
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1384: May 04, 2019 11:00:47 am
      This isn't just about Bobby in my opinion. I'd have started him but if he truely was not available there are many things here I don't understand about Klopp.

Shaqiri is quality and Origi is okay, they were options ahead of Gini.
      Why has Shaqiri been benched so long? If he's injured he shouldn't be on the bench! Gini in an advanced role looked out of shape, what's with the average defence... oh wait we played Gomez out of position because he doesn't trust Trent.... He obviously doesn't want Milner at RB like he did at LB and he must have conceded that Henderson at RB was a mistake... why else would be shift Gomez into his unnatural position? A much smaller impact would have been Clyne at RB and Gomez as CB.. but he's at Bournemouth now.

Henderson had been playing well as an 8, why drop him too?..

It was not just Bobby. The defense, midfield and attack were all set up weirdly from the start. People will point out our missed opportunities, but how many times in the league have we played badly and won because other teams didn't take opportunities but we did because we have more quality than them? It's the reason we've got a lot of points.

What I want to know mostly is what's happened with Shaqiri, if he can't get game where Bobby is benched and Gini is put on as a forward then what the heck is he even doing on the bench at all? If he's not injured I'm highly disappointed by his exclusion. If he is injured don't put him on the bench!

Watching us against Barcelona felt like watching a car being driven where 2nd gear was used for 30mph and 4th gear for turning corners instead of the other way around, sure it is technically possible but it's not the ideal way of driving, the same way we weren't set up to meet our best potential. We'd have been better going there much tighter hitting the counter not Klopp's full out attack.

Wow long post so apologies if I just answer the part regarding Gini as I feel the other stuff would be going over old ground.
      Klopp answered why he chose to play Gini in that role, was along the lines of because he has experience of playing in similar roles in the past for Newcastle and Holland. I can see why he chose to play Gini in that role because he seems to play an attacking role for Holland on a regular basis now and seems to regularly find the net for them and he has got the work rate. But on this occasion I don’t think it was the right decision. But saying that, he did start the game in that position pretty well and linked up well with Mane early on but the more the game went on the more he got lost and just became completely ineffective.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1385: May 04, 2019 11:00:57 am
      Wow!!... So you guested one right By the way; I was right when I said Gomez could suffer a setback... 1-1

Many would argue that if that was the case  you would not risk playing the player full stop, and instead use another player.
      Regardless of the pace of the game Firmino could have exacerbated the injury in that last 15 or the first 70 minutes...
      You are basing your argument on the premise that the game would have slowed on both teams due to fatigue and acceptance of the scoreline when in fact Firmino would have been expected to produce a higher level of work to try and rescue the tie...

You do realize that insulting people does not make your point any more valid do you...?
      Or maybe you don't...

If it was the case that AOC was not fit, then why risk him vs Huddersfield...? And before you claim "To give him some match fitness" of test him, is that not what the reserve games are for..?

You believe yourself a better supporter than other because you never question anything that a manager does or does not do...?

It is you who seeing everything in black and white, evident by this post

Ok this is as simple as this

Ready?

We have trained medical staff who know billions more than you on these situations

They will advise Klopp in these situations.. whether they are fit enough to start or not or how to manage their recovery and comeback
      Managers will not overrule on medical advice and take unnecessary risks hence what Klopp said regarding Bobby in the build up

Your opinion on this means zero
      Unless of course you have access to the players medical records?
      I'm presumimg not though

This nonsense that..  if they're fit enough for the bench they're are fit enough to start is just that..  nonsense
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1386: May 04, 2019 11:04:09 am

Ready?

We have trained medical staff who know billions more than you on these situations

They will advise Klopp in these situations.. whether they are fit enough to start or not or how to manage their recovery and comeback
      Managers will not overrule on medical advice and take unnecessary risks hence what Klopp said regarding Bobby in the build up

I'm presumimg not though

This nonsense that..  if they're fit enough for the bench they're are fit enough to start is just that..  nonsense

Wouldn’t waste your time mate, some people are just too stupid to think rationally and just see things as black or white. Give them a fork and they’d argue it’s a soup spoon.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1387: May 04, 2019 01:28:03 pm
      Wow long post so apologies if I just answer the part regarding Gini as I feel the other stuff would be going over old ground.
      Klopp answered why he chose to play Gini in that role, was along the lines of because he has experience of playing in similar roles in the past for Newcastle and Holland. I can see why he chose to play Gini in that role because he seems to play an attacking role for Holland on a regular basis now and seems to regularly find the net for them and he has got the work rate. But on this occasion I don’t think it was the right decision. But saying that, he did start the game in that position pretty well and linked up well with Mane early on but the more the game went on the more he got lost and just became completely ineffective.
      About Gini, it's dangerous to experiment in a CL semi. I'm not sure how Newcastle or Holland set-up, but there's a difference between week in week out than a sudden change like that.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1388: May 04, 2019 01:58:37 pm

Ready?

I'm presumimg not though

Medical staff like doctors etc may know more than me, But, Hold on to your hat.... They do not know everything. They can only offer their best medical opinion based on what they have seen and past experience with similar injuries...

Now as every injury is different based on a individuals psychic, muscular strength, flexibility etc there for they can only offer thier best guess

"Managers will not overrule on medical advice and take unnecessary risks hence what Klopp said regarding Bobby in the build up"

Are you saying than the Medical staff advised Klopp that it was safe to play Firmino for only 15 mins...?  :o
      To coin the phase you used...Nonsense

Unless of course you were privy to the conversation between Klopp and the Medical staff at Anfield...?
      I'm presuming not though

"Your opinion on this means zero"... True, it mean as little as yours, but I will stick with mine           ,
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1389: May 04, 2019 02:03:45 pm
      About Gini, it's dangerous to experiment in a CL semi. I'm not sure how Newcastle or Holland set-up, but there's a difference between week in week out than a sudden change like that.

It wasn't an experiment.
      If you ever bothered to read and take on board what Klopp says, you would know this, but as ever, the voices in your head are far too loud for you to hear what Klopp says, because "you don't give a sh*t what he thinks" as you stated previously.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1390: May 04, 2019 02:07:45 pm
      Medical staff like doctors etc may know more than me, But, Hold on to your hat.... They do not know everything. They can only offer their best medical opinion based on what they have seen and past experience with similar injuries...

Now as every injury is different based on a individuals psychic, muscular strength, flexibility etc there for they can only offer thier best guess

"Managers will not overrule on medical advice and take unnecessary risks hence what Klopp said regarding Bobby in the build up"

Are you saying than the Medical staff advised Klopp that it was safe to play Firmino for only 15 mins...?  :o
      To coin the phase you used...Nonsense

Unless of course you were privy to the conversation between Klopp and the Medical staff at Anfield...?
      I'm presuming not though

"Your opinion on this means zero"... True, it mean as little as yours, but I will stick with mine           ,
      If you look at medical staff in the other champions league game, Vertonghen, that was just an examination. Klopp relies on medical staff of course, but it's really only possible to know healing time from a muscle tear from an x-ray. I doubt he'll get an x-ray for small injuries because of the radiation. Doctors only really offer x-rays when it is very necessary, small muscle tear is not one of those times... It's likely it was just physical examination so it would be down to checking with Firmino how he feels on a daily basis. I doubt he was feeling the injury or he would have not got on at all, but the caution he shown does make sense because there wouldn't have been an xray to check for minor injures. I think he could have got a bit longer though, maybe 30 minutes or something.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1391: May 04, 2019 02:12:15 pm
      If you look at medical staff in the other champions league game, Vertonghen, that was just an examination. Klopp relies on medical staff of course, but it's really only possible to know healing time from a muscle tear from an x-ray. I doubt he'll get an x-ray for small injuries because of the radiation. Doctors only really offer x-rays when it is very necessary, small muscle tear is not one of those times... It's likely it was just physical examination so it would be down to checking with Firmino how he feels on a daily basis. I doubt he was feeling the injury or he would have not got on at all, but the caution he shown does make sense because there wouldn't have been an xray to check for minor injures. I think he could have got a bit longer though, maybe 30 minutes or something.

X-rays don't show muscle injuries, only imaging scans do that, i.e. MRI, CAT etc
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1392: May 04, 2019 02:15:54 pm
      It wasn't an experiment.
      If you ever bothered to read and take on board what Klopp says, you would know this, but as ever, the voices in your head are far too loud for you to hear what Klopp says, because "you don't give a sh*t what he thinks" as you stated previously.
      I do care what Klopp says and sometimes I agree with it. I have my own mind to decide things, like when Klopp said Mignolet was perfect for Liverpool.. I couldn't agree with that. I also don't think Lovren is the best defender in the world. You take offense every time I don't agree with everything Klopp says. I also disagree with him about the Leicester result not costing us, but some things I agree with him on. Disagreement with some of his comments doesn't mean I don't care. Knock off the insults too, different opinion should not mean enemy all the time.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1393: May 04, 2019 02:18:26 pm
      X-rays don't show muscle injuries, only imaging scans do that, i.e. MRI, CAT etc
      Cat scan is a type of X-Ray technology I thought? It still remains the fact that players won't get these scans for small things because over time it increases their radiation exposure.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1394: May 04, 2019 02:28:09 pm
      Cat scan is a type of X-Ray technology I thought? It still remains the fact that players won't get these scans for small things because over time it increases their radiation exposure.

x-rays do not show muscle problems, only imaging scans do

Players get imaging scans all the time.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1395: May 04, 2019 02:30:48 pm
      I do care what Klopp says and sometimes I agree with it. I have my own mind to decide things, like when Klopp said Mignolet was perfect for Liverpool.. I couldn't agree with that. I also don't think Lovren is the best defender in the world. You take offense every time I don't agree with everything Klopp says. I also disagree with him about the Leicester result not costing us, but some things I agree with him on. Disagreement with some of his comments doesn't mean I don't care. Knock off the insults too, different opinion should not mean enemy all the time.

Why are you so angry?
      Why do you get so easily triggered?

Why is it you want everyone to respect your opinion, but you won't respect anyone else's, not even the managers?

Post the quote where Klopp said Mignolet was "perfect for Liverpool".
      No paraphrasing, the exact quote.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1396: May 04, 2019 02:39:04 pm
      Post the quote where Klopp said Mignolet was "perfect for Liverpool".
      No paraphrasing, the exact quote.
      “but we thought about it all and as a package for us Simon Mignolet is perfect.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-simon-mignolet-perfect-10757394.amp

Just proves that sometimes it's okay to disagree.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1397: May 04, 2019 02:43:43 pm
      x-rays do not show muscle problems
      You're wrong about that, but not the topic for it. I'll gladly debate that somewhere else.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1398: May 04, 2019 03:05:16 pm
      “but we thought about it all and as a package for us Simon Mignolet is perfect.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-simon-mignolet-perfect-10757394.amp

Just proves that sometimes it's okay to disagree.

Don't remember him saying it, but apparently he did.
      Maybe he was trying to gee the lad up, after the abuse he got from so called "supporters".
      Either way, he didn't waste much time replacing him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1399: May 04, 2019 03:07:31 pm
      You're wrong about that, but not the topic for it. I'll gladly debate that somewhere else.

And now you're arguing with medical science and the consultant radiologist who is sat next to me (we play golf together, and he's a Liverpool fan)

Get a F***ing grip boy, you're embarrassing yourself.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1400: May 04, 2019 03:39:21 pm
      Got this PM from the village idiot, so going to let my mate answer it (in quotes because it's not me typing)

"CT scans, also known as cat scans use X-Rays. MRI scans don't use them, but are less clear. I'm not a radiologist, but it's a well known fact CT scans can pick up muscle damage. Here's some information on CT."

The technology is similar in the same way that a bike is similar to a car because they both have wheels, in other words there's no comparison to be made.
      Both utilise radiation to a greater or lesser extent, and while a CT scan can detect muscle injury it is not generally used for that purpose precisely because of the radiation.
      A single x-ray, which you said can diagnose muscle injury, cannot, and even a CT scan needs to be read carefully to diagnose muscle injury.

MRI is the choice of scan for muscle injury, and contrary to your earlier assertion, does not utilise radiation, and is an excellent diagnostic tool for soft tissue injuries or problems.
      To conclude, you are wrong.

Now please sod off, go try to bullshit someone else, and stop sending me PM's.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1401: May 04, 2019 03:49:51 pm

Understand what you are say, but it is not a x-ray they use to see the extent of the injury, but rather Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to see the extent of the muscle trauma...

Had a groin strain my self pick up playing Rugby and was treated with ultra sound and Ice... Even after the first session
      it feel like nothing was wrong, so it would be quite easy to believe you are ok. Had the treatment twice a week along with physio...

As i said the Medical staff can only offer their best guess but it is down to the individual how long it takes to recover
      Plus sometime it is a tweak (Strain) of the muscle and not actually a tear
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1402: May 04, 2019 03:53:02 pm
      Got this PM from the village idiot, so going to let my mate answer it (in quotes because it's not me typing)

"CT scans, also known as cat scans use X-Rays. MRI scans don't use them, but are less clear. I'm not a radiologist, but it's a well known fact CT scans can pick up muscle damage. Here's some information on CT."

Now please sod off, go try to bullshit someone else, and stop sending me PM's.

Firstly, didn't say a singly X-Ray can pick up muscle injuries, that I don't know. I just started X-Rays, plural can.. in technology such as CT. I didn't say it was the scan of choice over MRI either. It does sound logical that players would use MRI due to no radiation, but I was under the impression they were less clear than CT scans. Hope that's the end of that, I'd rather it stayed in PM.

:ontopic:

I don't want to discuss this here it is the Jürgen Klopp thread, not medical science thread.

Quick Reply