Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 10th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W5 D7 L8

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 14710 times
      billythered, Sir Suarez and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,397 posts | 1534 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #30: Jul 20, 2018 10:52:47 am
      This is I think the first summer I can remember in a long long time when we have gone and made such a statement in the transfer market. Arguably since 1987 when we signed Barnes Beardsley and Aldo but even then they weren't at the level they became, they didn't come in a established world class stars. Barnes came with the biggest reputation having played a couple of hundred times for Watford, Beardsley came from Newcastle having only spent just over a year in division 1 having played in lower leagues with them and before that in Canada for the Vancouver whitecaps. Aldo came again with only a year in the top flight at Oxford having played as low as what's now league 1 with them.
      But what I'm saying is this year we have gone out and spent big on 4 world class established players, added to another in January.

In recent times when we have signed a Torres for example it's been supplemented with squad fillers in and around him in the same window. Now we've added to an up and coming team 4 absolute bangers

We've set the bar and shown real intent going into next season..hopefully we can add a cherry to the cake before the window shuts but what an exciting season awaiting us.

Thanks Jürgen for being the man who can be able to pull this off, the man that players want to play for..
      Think of this

Chelsea wanted Chamberlain.. he chose us
      City wanted Virgil.. he chose us
      Barca wanted Naby.. he chose us
      Utd wanted Fabinho... he chose us
      Talk around Alisson going elsewhere..  he has signed for us
      Plenty would take Mo... he wants to be part of this

Again thanks Jürgen, you're the cherry on top of the cake and I hope you can be the man who becomes a legend that brings us the title back.

This summer is the type of summer Chelsea had in the early 2000s when you looked at their business and said.. sh*t
      The same with city In recent years

We are having a summer that those clubs and others will be thinking... sh*t

Thanks also to fsg,  I've criticised them in the past over their mistakes and feet dragging, I've praised them when I felt they deserved it and f**k they deserve it now

Strap in reds ... it's going to be a wild season
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,092 posts | 1311 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #31: Jul 20, 2018 10:55:06 am
      I used to say imagine what Jürgen could achieve with top players! 😀
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,093 posts | 307 
      Reply #32: Jul 20, 2018 06:08:24 pm
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,724 posts | 1600 
      Reply #33: Jul 20, 2018 06:37:28 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,817 posts | 2968 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #34: Jul 20, 2018 06:41:30 pm
      This is I think the first summer I can remember in a long long time when we have gone and made such a statement in the transfer market. Arguably since 1987 when we signed Barnes Beardsley and Aldo but even then they weren't at the level they became, they didn't come in a established world class stars. Barnes came with the biggest reputation having played a couple of hundred times for Watford, Beardsley came from Newcastle having only spent just over a year in division 1 having played in lower leagues with them and before that in Canada for the Vancouver whitecaps. Aldo came again with only a year in the top flight at Oxford having played as low as what's now league 1 with them.
      But what I'm saying is this year we have gone out and spent big on 4 world class established players, added to another in January.

In recent times when we have signed a Torres for example it's been supplemented with squad fillers in and around him in the same window. Now we've added to an up and coming team 4 absolute bangers

We've set the bar and shown real intent going into next season..hopefully we can add a cherry to the cake before the window shuts but what an exciting season awaiting us.

Thanks Jürgen for being the man who can be able to pull this off, the man that players want to play for..
      Think of this

Chelsea wanted Chamberlain.. he chose us
      City wanted Virgil.. he chose us
      Barca wanted Naby.. he chose us
      Utd wanted Fabinho... he chose us
      Talk around Alisson going elsewhere..  he has signed for us
      Plenty would take Mo... he wants to be part of this

Again thanks Jürgen, you're the cherry on top of the cake and I hope you can be the man who becomes a legend that brings us the title back.

This summer is the type of summer Chelsea had in the early 2000s when you looked at their business and said.. sh*t
      The same with city In recent years

We are having a summer that those clubs and others will be thinking... sh*t

Thanks also to fsg,  I've criticised them in the past over their mistakes and feet dragging, I've praised them when I felt they deserved it and f**k they deserve it now

Strap in reds ... it's going to be a wild season

I'm desperate to praise them because that'll mean we've had a great window.

But it isn't shut yet so I'm going to hang fire and hope for the best.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | 150 
      Reply #35: Jul 20, 2018 06:56:25 pm

Last summer was when the real intent was shown and if things had gone as planned, all of VVD, Keita, Ox, Robbo and Salah would have arrived last summer. The last minute disaster in the VVD negotiations and Leipzig's refusal to let Keita go a year early before his release clause prevented it all from happening but the intent and plan to do so was there. What's happened this summer is not coming out of nowhere.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,204 posts | 98 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #36: Jul 20, 2018 10:03:46 pm

The picture on top is the stuff of nightmares, just add Konchesky and Poulsen and that's a complete horror show, dark times indeed.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,397 posts | 1534 
      Reply #37: Jul 21, 2018 12:48:45 am
      Last summer was when the real intent was shown and if things had gone as planned, all of VVD, Keita, Ox, Robbo and Salah would have arrived last summer. The last minute disaster in the VVD negotiations and Leipzig's refusal to let Keita go a year early before his release clause prevented it all from happening but the intent and plan to do so was there. What's happened this summer is not coming out of nowhere.

Amazed how people read certain things

Well kind of
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,846 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 114 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,094 posts | 1693 
      Reply #40: Jul 22, 2018 12:11:43 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,042 posts | 3122 
      Reply #41: Jul 22, 2018 02:14:17 am
      Cool as you like.

He simply doesn't give a f**k what people say.

Nor should he. Times have changed and if he stuck to buying cheap up and comers, he’d be gone in a year. Business like the Pogba transfer is literally why Klopp has had to somewhat alter his transfer strategy.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,703 posts | 875 
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #43: Jul 22, 2018 04:07:31 am
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,380 posts | 2063 
      Reply #44: Jul 22, 2018 08:50:29 am
      F***ing love that guy..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1676 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #45: Jul 22, 2018 09:14:03 am
      Klopp needs a silverware to back his record. Come on let's target the League Cup first and foremost than the Fa Cup, the League and lastly the Champions League.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,666 posts | 2587 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #46: Jul 22, 2018 01:43:22 pm
      The last minute disaster in the VVD negotiations

How was it a last minute disaster? A last minute disaster is the signing of a player going down the pan at the last minute, such as Fekir. Saints from the 1st minute made it clear that under no circumstances was VVD coming to us in the summer. There was the embarrassing apology and all that crap but it certainly wasn’t a last minute disaster because like I said, they made it crystal clear that we wouldn’t be getting him then.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 2308 
      Reply #47: Jul 22, 2018 11:27:02 pm
      One is the subject of this topic the other was on TV tonight.

There are many that have gone in between ...especially Bob ... but my footer says it all.

Klopp .......... Shankly.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 2308 
      Reply #48: Jul 22, 2018 11:31:58 pm
      The picture on top is the stuff of nightmares, just add Konchesky and Poulsen and that's a complete horror show, dark times indeed.

Cole was another who bled the Bank Of Anfield.

The best thing arse scratcher - face rubbing Hodgson ever said ... was after the Euro 16 debacle when asked to do a final press conference.

He said arrogantly

" I don't know what I'm doing here !"

F***ing right he didn't  nor at Anfield either.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,020 posts | 2961 
      Reply #49: Jul 23, 2018 10:27:39 am
      The questions are just the Man United lovers whining, aren't they?

It's the manc press bullshitting and whining cos they've got f**k all to write about.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,020 posts | 2961 
      Reply #50: Jul 23, 2018 10:32:33 am
      Cole was another who bled the Bank Of Anfield.

The best thing arse scratcher - face rubbing Hodgson ever said ... was after the Euro 16 debacle when asked to do a final press conference.

He said arrogantly

" I don't know what I'm doing here !"

F***ing right he didn't  nor at Anfield either.

Who the f**k appointed the sloth and for what purpose is a mystery Skip.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #51: Jul 23, 2018 11:09:42 pm
      If you're wondering what the boss is thinking about THIS season:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/23/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-premier-league-ambitions

I am encouraged.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 2308 
      Reply #52: Jul 24, 2018 01:57:28 am
      Who the f**k appointed the sloth and for what purpose is a mystery Skip.

Is right Stu.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,977 posts | 3646 
      Reply #53: Jul 24, 2018 10:38:27 am
      Jürgen Klopp: Liverpool manager aware of trophies pressure
      Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says his team's "next step" is to win trophies but he "cannot give guarantees".

The Reds have spent nearly £250m - including record fees for a defender and keeper - in the past 12 months but have not won a competition since the 2012 League Cup.

They have lost three cup finals since Klopp took charge in October 2015 and were last champions of England in 1990.

"I know about the expectations and that is completely normal," said the German.

"We have the highest ambitions - 100%."

Liverpool broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper when they signed Brazil international Alisson from Roma earlier this month in a deal the Italian club said is worth up to £66.8m.

They also have the world's most expensive defender in the shape of £75m Netherlands centre-back Virgil van Dijk,

This summer, Guinea midfielder Naby Keita has arrived from RB Leipzig for about £50m, Brazil midfielder Fabinho has joined from Monaco in a deal that could be worth more than £40m, and Switzerland winger Xherdan Shaqiri has been recruited for £13m from Stoke.

However, they sold Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m in January.

"People will say that," said Klopp about winning trophies. "It is the next step and we need to be ready for that.

"I cannot give guarantees here but I understand if people think that.

"First of all, we have to play the football that gives us an opportunity to win something. We cannot talk about winning something before we start the season."

Liverpool lost the League Cup and Europa League finals in Klopp's first season in charge, while they were beaten by Real Madrid in last season's Champions League final.

In terms of the Premier League, Liverpool have finished eighth, fourth and fourth under the German.

"I am confident we can build on last season," he added.

"The football the boys played last year was not easy. There was a lot of work invested into playing like that. That's what we will do again. I am not in doubt about our basis or that we will reach it again."

Klopp expects the competition to be stronger this season and cited Premier League champions Manchester City breaking their transfer record to sign Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez for £60m from Leicester.

"Other teams, of course, will do transfer business as well. They will not be weaker than last year," said Klopp.

"City brought in Mahrez. I did not hear that they lost one player so far. So it means the quality of last year - plus Mahrez. That's a nice plan as well."

BBC

Only fair that the players start to feel the pressure of winning trophies.

In recent days I've seen people posting images of this seasons signings and then comparing them with the Roy Hodgson signings.  What people fail to mention is that, thanks probably to Kenny, that season we went on to win our last trophy.
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,324 posts | 202 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #54: Jul 24, 2018 04:27:16 pm
      There are three trophies up for grabs every year domestically with six very strong teams seen as the most likely contenders so it is getting harder and harder to win things.

Champions League qualification these days is also massive any many fans would now rather Top Four than finishing 5th with the FA Cup.

It is time for this side to win a trophy but I feel these days the League Cup is meaningless and the FA Cup isn't enough. Both Van Gaal & Conte will testify to that!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #55: Jul 24, 2018 06:42:16 pm
      Jürgen Klopp: Liverpool manager aware of trophies pressure
      Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says his team's "next step" is to win trophies but he "cannot give guarantees".

The Reds have spent nearly £250m - including record fees for a defender and keeper - in the past 12 months but have not won a competition since the 2012 League Cup.

They have lost three cup finals since Klopp took charge in October 2015 and were last champions of England in 1990.

"I know about the expectations and that is completely normal," said the German.

"We have the highest ambitions - 100%."

Liverpool broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper when they signed Brazil international Alisson from Roma earlier this month in a deal the Italian club said is worth up to £66.8m.

They also have the world's most expensive defender in the shape of £75m Netherlands centre-back Virgil van Dijk,

This summer, Guinea midfielder Naby Keita has arrived from RB Leipzig for about £50m, Brazil midfielder Fabinho has joined from Monaco in a deal that could be worth more than £40m, and Switzerland winger Xherdan Shaqiri has been recruited for £13m from Stoke.

However, they sold Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m in January.

"People will say that," said Klopp about winning trophies. "It is the next step and we need to be ready for that.

"I cannot give guarantees here but I understand if people think that.

"First of all, we have to play the football that gives us an opportunity to win something. We cannot talk about winning something before we start the season."

Liverpool lost the League Cup and Europa League finals in Klopp's first season in charge, while they were beaten by Real Madrid in last season's Champions League final.

In terms of the Premier League, Liverpool have finished eighth, fourth and fourth under the German.

"I am confident we can build on last season," he added.

"The football the boys played last year was not easy. There was a lot of work invested into playing like that. That's what we will do again. I am not in doubt about our basis or that we will reach it again."

Klopp expects the competition to be stronger this season and cited Premier League champions Manchester City breaking their transfer record to sign Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez for £60m from Leicester.

"Other teams, of course, will do transfer business as well. They will not be weaker than last year," said Klopp.

"City brought in Mahrez. I did not hear that they lost one player so far. So it means the quality of last year - plus Mahrez. That's a nice plan as well."

BBC

Only fair that the players start to feel the pressure of winning trophies.

In recent days I've seen people posting images of this seasons signings and then comparing them with the Roy Hodgson signings.  What people fail to mention is that, thanks probably to Kenny, that season we went on to win our last trophy.

Season after mate ;)

ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,093 posts | 307 
      Reply #56: Jul 24, 2018 08:33:05 pm
      It is time for this side to win a trophy but I feel these days the League Cup is meaningless and the FA Cup isn't enough. Both Van Gaal & Conte will testify to that!
      Would be a start for sure. Very different situations with the other 2 clubs there as they have had far more success in recent times. Liverpool (and Klopp) just need to get some silverware and build on that. I don’t think it can be underestimated how much winning a cup would mean to us, given both our and Klopp’s success in finals. We just need to get over that hurdle. I’ll be happy with a domestic cup, a good run in the CL and a significant challenge for the league title. Saying that, I feel we have a squad that could do better than that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #57: Jul 26, 2018 10:07:11 pm
      just watched the Shevchenko park programme on LFCTV its just mind-blowingly just f***in BOSS.
      When Shankly came in 59 he wanted to win the FA Cup for the Fans because the FA Cup was huge then and it took him a while and he did win the league prior to that.
      What is striking is the number of similarities with Jürgen taking over. I think we are in for a huge year with Jürgen but don't get bogged down with measuring success that's a bonus what is important is the journey along the way and to enjoy every single minute of it because he wont be here forever and we should cherish every single moment he is here because he really gets this club and has actually become the focus of the club just as Shankly did 60 years ago.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #58: Jul 26, 2018 10:08:28 pm
      its the stuff of nightmares
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,846 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes

Quick Reply