Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 188615 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #782: Mar 04, 2019 09:43:37 pm
      Going to be honest about Klopp here. We are where we are because of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Alisson, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Trent and Gomez. He signed most of those so he can take some credit. Klopp is a bit slow at transfers though, we got nobody in the winter and we did need players. Klopp also doesn't make the right subs and makes subs too late. Klopp also puts out the same team against every opponent who now sets up to get something since they know what to expect. There's no creativity in the midfield. He's moved us in the right direction and we have a small chance of winning the league, but I'm not confident he's the right manager in the long term. I say small chance and that's not about being behind, we have no momentum and everyone knows we will play 4-3-3 every game with the same midfield and attack. There's no plan B. We should be changing the team to suit the opponent but it's not, it's just for in the same players every game who are misfiring.

How can you (and Ried) be so damn clueless. It really is dumbfounding.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #783: Mar 04, 2019 09:44:04 pm
      Honest opinion, do you think under any circumstances bar injuries will Klopp change from a 4-3-3 and change the midfielders?

We've played 4 2 3 1 a number of times and he's changed the midfield multiple times as well.

Yet again you're talking nonsense or on a wind up.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #784: Mar 04, 2019 09:47:08 pm
      We've played 4 2 3 1 a number of times and he's changed the midfield multiple times as well.

Yet again you're talking nonsense or on a wind up.
      go on, list the games he's not played a 4-3-3. It would probably be on one hand.

Changing the midfield means putting something attacking there, not swapping Milner for Henderson etc...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #785: Mar 04, 2019 09:49:13 pm
      go on, list the games he's not played a 4-3-3. It would probably be on one hand.

Changing the midfield means putting something attacking there, not swapping Milner for Henderson etc...

He's played Shaqiri in midfield quite a few times as well as Keita.

I'm not listing anything for you Rip. If you want to find it you can.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2019 09:56:12 pm by srslfc »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #786: Mar 04, 2019 09:54:01 pm
      We were 7 points ahead with a game in hand, we didn't sign anybody in the winter window, but now the starting line ups are predictable. Nobody can explain the Lallana on Mane off. It's inexcusable regardless what happens this season.

Alright, who replaces Klopp?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #787: Mar 04, 2019 09:55:25 pm

Obviously Fat Sam
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #788: Mar 04, 2019 09:59:46 pm
      There is nobody right now, but eventually there will be. I do think it's important to remain realistic because if we have not won a trophy by 2020, we should be seriously thinking about changing manager. I'm not saying we become like Leicester City or Chelsea etc.. but 5 years is long enough for any manager to win sod all at Liverpool and I think he should go if he gets to 5 years with nothing.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #789: Mar 04, 2019 10:35:54 pm

But we shouldn’t have sold Clyne, our midfield is utter sh*t, we should have bought Fekir and never let Buvac go!

Outside of depth for the front 3, our bench is fantastic this season, not that i expect a clown troll like you to understand.

I love Klopp with all my heart but his decisions today are boggling. You don’t put Milner and Lallana ahead of Keita and Shaq when you’re bottling the title.

We need 1 top player to rotate up top and serve as quality off the bench as well as challenge the front 3 for their job. The rest are just depth adds to replace Migs (if he wants to leave), Moreno and whatever other depth player wants to leave (Lallana / Milner)

Grujic could potentially serve as depth as i also think Milner is moving on soon, probably this coming summer (along with Lallana). Hendo is only 28 so he'll be an important player for us for the near future.
      you can call me clueless, but like my comments or not at least I am consistant in what I say.. you seem to have over looked those players on that "fantastic" bench vs Everton you want rid
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #790: Mar 05, 2019 02:56:28 am
      Love the man! Has done a smashing job and wouldn’t want anyone in the the world at the helm! Destined to win us the league.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #791: Mar 05, 2019 04:45:33 am
      but 5 years is long enough for any manager to win sod all at Liverpool and I think he should go if he gets to 5 years with nothing.

My position as well. Klopp has not City's player pool, but probably the 2nd best in PL and within top 5 of the world. At some point you gotta deliver or I'd try Rafa again or Tuchel or.... Klopp is great and I wish he can become Paisley 2.0 but if he hasn't won CL/PL till 2022 he's gone. 4 seasons (2018/2019-2021/22) with a very good squad has to be enough to win something. It's not enough to be a jolly coach everybody likes.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #792: Mar 05, 2019 07:05:05 am
      My position as well. Klopp has not City's player pool, but probably the 2nd best in PL and within top 5 of the world. At some point you gotta deliver or I'd try Rafa again or Tuchel or.... Klopp is great and I wish he can become Paisley 2.0 but if he hasn't won CL/PL till 2022 he's gone. 4 seasons (2018/2019-2021/22) with a very good squad has to be enough to win something. It's not enough to be a jolly coach everybody likes.

I have just checked our position in the E.P.L., after reading your post I thought we were about to get relegated.If Jürgen Klopp ever leaves us he will have no trouble finding another top club (like Liverpool) to manage.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #793: Mar 05, 2019 07:22:02 am
      Going to be honest about Klopp here. We are where we are because of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Alisson, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Trent and Gomez. He signed most of those so he can take some credit. Klopp is a bit slow at transfers though, we got nobody in the winter and we did need players. Klopp also doesn't make the right subs and makes subs too late. Klopp also puts out the same team against every opponent who now sets up to get something since they know what to expect. There's no creativity in the midfield. He's moved us in the right direction and we have a small chance of winning the league, but I'm not confident he's the right manager in the long term. I say small chance and that's not about being behind, we have no momentum and everyone knows we will play 4-3-3 every game with the same midfield and attack. There's no plan B. We should be changing the team to suit the opponent but it's not, it's just for in the same players every game who are misfiring.

Do not feed the troll
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #794: Mar 05, 2019 07:23:28 am

Because the only football they know is from the internet and reading other forums and regurgitating what they read elsewhere
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #795: Mar 05, 2019 08:31:53 am
      There is nobody right now, but eventually there will be. I do think it's important to remain realistic because if we have not won a trophy by 2020, we should be seriously thinking about changing manager. I'm not saying we become like Leicester City or Chelsea etc.. but 5 years is long enough for any manager to win sod all at Liverpool and I think he should go if he gets to 5 years with nothing.

The brass balls you have spouting sh*t like this truly astounds me! How you can ever utter the thought of replacing Jürgen is wholeheartedly disrespectful and stunningly arrogant.

Klopp has worked wonders in the time he’s been with us and is an incredibly ideal fit for our storied club.

Your type of ‘turncoatery’ makes me sick.
      YNWA actually means something you know.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #796: Mar 05, 2019 08:48:17 am

Another f***in beaut 😡
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #797: Mar 05, 2019 09:58:35 am

F**k it off you little tart your a Chelsea rent boy wind up.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #798: Mar 05, 2019 10:01:40 am
      Fckin joke of a post
      I’ve no problem recognising what we are up against in city they won the league last time out with a record 100 points ,
      While I think if memory is right we were 25 ?behind them ,
      No other team has clawed back that deficit in the space of a season ,
      To be pushing them all the way is above all our expectations this season , you do know Pep didn’t do that well in Germany when he had a realistic budget,

Any talk of getting rid of Klopp is utterly pathetic and spineless

To be talked of in the same breath as the juggernaut that is city is an achievement on its own ,
      Whatever happens this season I’m proud of our team and proud we have a manager in
      Jürgen Klopp sure he makes mistakes , so does every man out there ,
      I still believe we will win it , but should we not I will look back and say thanks Boss for giving us a shot and a hell of a fckin go at it .
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #799: Mar 05, 2019 10:05:14 am
      So many people biting, Rib surely isn't serious and if he is, good luck to him.

I dont think anyone else on this forum shares his opinion in that Klopp should go, so let him be the lonely kid in the corner.

Klopp annoys me at times but he has taken us to finals and given us experiences to remember, with a bit of luck we could be talking about three trophies Klopp has won us and now were going for the 4th and 5th but we dont always get the luck we deserve in football and we are currently in the hunt for our first two under Jürgen & that's fine because I think sooner rather than later he will win something for us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #800: Mar 05, 2019 10:33:11 am
      Going up against one of the most financially doped teams in history.
      Not saying he's perfect, but wouldn't swap him for anyone else.

Right manager long term?
      Behave.

If Liverpool had 2 world class players for each attacking role Klopp would be running away with the league.
      There are none so blind as those that choose not to see.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #801: Mar 05, 2019 10:42:04 am
      It's an unpopular opinion and I don't care. It's my opinion and attack it all you want, it's a forum.

We had a massive lead and now we are behind, we dropped points to West Ham and Leicester and people are saying the reason we aren't top is because City are financially doping? It's a Kopout! We aren't top because we had a sh*te run of form after a sh*te transfer window.

I didn't say sack Klopp, but if it's the summer of 2020 and there's no trophy that will be the 5 year mark and I'd replace at that point "if he gets to the 5 year mark with no trophy".

That's fair and take this out of context all you like, you all love to do that and accuse me if being a WUM, but as a fan I want trophies and you mediocre worshippers are WUMS to me.

Moderators, moderate abuse not opinions please!!!!! The behave comment is ludicrous.
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2019 10:46:10 am by Ribapuru »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #802: Mar 05, 2019 10:51:13 am
      It's an unpopular opinion and I don't care. It's my opinion and attack it all you want, it's a forum.

We had a massive lead and now we are behind, we dropped points to West Ham and Leicester and people are saying the reason we aren't top is because City are financially doping? It's a Kopout! We aren't top because we had a sh*te run of form after a sh*te transfer window.

I didn't say sack Klopp, but if it's the summer of 2020 and there's no trophy that will be the 5 year mark and I'd replace at that point "if he gets to the 5 year mark with no trophy".

That's fair and take this out of context all you like, you all love to do that and accuse me if being a WUM, but as a fan I want trophies and you mediocre worshippers are WUMS to me.

Moderators, moderate abuse not opinions please!!!!! The behave comment is ludicrous.

Every other team in history that had our points had massive leads and were able to drop a few points.
      Liverpool couldn't afford that because of a run in against one of the most financially doped teams in history.
      It's not a "kopout". It's a fact.

Behave.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #803: Mar 05, 2019 10:53:54 am

Behave. :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #804: Mar 05, 2019 11:05:01 am

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but to say you have been taken out of context is stretching it, you say you didnt say sack klopp but replace next summer if he doesn't win anything. Isn't that sacking him.

Quick Reply