I will clear it up myself. If at summer 2020 we have no trophies, that will be the 5 year mark. At that point we should assess our managerial options. Klopp has been here 4 years now, it would be harsh all round if he left now. He really should give it another year if he messes this season up.
So let's assume for your argument sake that:
- We don't win either trophy this year
- We have a similar year next year (ie. challenge for the title but don't win it), have a Champions League run and qualify for the Champions League for the following season.
So that's that then, time for a managerial change? Move on Klopp.
- If that played out he would have achieved 2 back to back title challenges (something we have never managed since the inception of the Premier League)
- 4 consecutive appearance in the Champions League (something we haven't managed since 2005-2009)
- 3 final appearances (Champions League, UEFA Cup, League Cup)
- He will have strengthened the squad significantly with a very very reasonable net spend. Consider Allisson, Mane, Salah, Van Dyke, Wjinaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson the list goes on...…..
Posts like this are the reason you get so much sh....it on this board.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2019 01:04:53 pm by Scottbot »