Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 189745 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #989: Apr 01, 2019 11:18:47 pm
      If I was trying to get your attention why would I delete your posts?  That makes no sense, if I wanted your attention then I wouldn't delete your posts because you wouldn't see it :laugh:

You are full of accusations and rubbish time and time again and divert the second you are called out on it and then move onto another.

As you said at the time "you deleted it to get my attention, because you knew I'd ask why it had been deleted".

Pretty underhand really, which is why I don't usually engage with you, and I think that will need to start again.

Anyway, have a good evening.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #990: Apr 01, 2019 11:26:43 pm
      I've only made the common sense point that unless you have the same information that Klopp has then you cannot definitively say he "made a mistake", or "got it wrong".

So........... even with all the information , experience and qualifications P.Neville has, he is wrong/clueless... right? ;)

As for your "blert" comment, you'll notice I don't get involved in that sh*t, about who should be picked etc etc
      You know why?
      Because it would be a guess, not an opinion, a guess, and I can't be arsed playing those games, where someone throws out a random guess then uses it to bang on for ages about how things would have been different if only the manager had picked the team they wanted him to pick.

Um... yeah, you may not like to predict what Klopp picks, and same with others, but what you will actually see are posters posting their opinions down on what team and formation/tactic they feel is best on that day.

It's the same as the transfer thread.
      I have no idea what the manager is looking for, so I don't get into it.
      If others want to, fine no problem here, I just don't do it myself.
      It's just more guesswork, as is your weird fixation with Fekir.

Same with team selection, people throw down their opinions on what they feel would be best to upgrade our team with or take a guess at what players Klopp wants, but It's mostly the former that's being thrown out in transfer section.

Then there's the complete lack of understanding of simple systems, formations and tactics, and you think that I can't have an opinion about how much horseshit someone is talking?
      I notice you're quick enough to call it out when it suits you, but apparently no one else can.

Do you think your understand systems, formations and tactics as well as others on here? I certainly don't think you do, especially going by with what you posted last few months; From double pivots , not using a different system to not playing a double 6 etc etc.

Prove it, back up your claims for once.

He can't prove it. Just like you and me, he doesn't have the same information as Klopp does, so everything is just guess work!!

Honestly Swab, I find you to be one odd person. It's like, one set of Swab rules/standards for everyone, but yourself.... you don't even abide by them!
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2019 12:31:07 am by PurpleMonkey »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #991: Apr 01, 2019 11:30:03 pm
      As you said at the time "you deleted it to get my attention, because you knew I'd ask why it had been deleted".

Pretty underhand really, which is why I don't usually engage with you, and I think that will need to start again.

Anyway, have a good evening.

Ha f**k me, bet you think I said the earth is flat too. It's not hard to use the search function, if I said it, show it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #992: Apr 03, 2019 06:02:21 am
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #993: Apr 03, 2019 08:56:41 am

Annoying that we're having the best season we've had for decades but there's another incredible team around smashing records too. You just have to tip your hat to both Klopp and Guardiola - superb managers.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #994: Apr 03, 2019 09:22:33 am
      100% the right manager for Liverpool at this point in our history.

Wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

Keep going boss.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #995: Apr 03, 2019 09:30:02 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #996: Apr 03, 2019 09:30:45 am
      Ha f**k me, bet you think I said the earth is flat too. It's not hard to use the search function, if I said it, show it.

flat earthers do my nut in. sometimes wonder if they're on the wind up. ;D.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #997: Apr 03, 2019 09:32:39 am
      flat earthers do my nut in. sometimes wonder if they're on the wind up. ;D.

Nah - they’re defo on the level mate ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #998: Apr 03, 2019 02:30:44 pm
      Glad some can see my banter Swabs  ;D The saying that I hear Klopp say a lot is!!!!!!!!

"THATS THE WAY IT IS"   :D

Just said it twice in one min on Sky Sports  :D
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,282 posts | 1396 
      Reply #999: Apr 03, 2019 03:32:16 pm
      Whilst I do support Klopp and he has done a fantastic job so far. But may I point out that he has had substantial funds and it's not unreasonable to expect significant progress under the circumstances.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1000: Apr 03, 2019 03:34:43 pm
      Nah - they’re defo on the level mate ;)

;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1001: Apr 03, 2019 03:36:19 pm
      Whilst I do support Klopp and he has done a fantastic job so far. But may I point out that he has had substantial funds and it's not unreasonable to expect significant progress under the circumstances.

previous managers have had fortunes as well, but not spent wisely.

I cant think of 1 klopp transfer that has been rubbish, or we dont expect to be better next season, in fact hes made some of the players hes bought world beaters.
      Harrisimo

• 8,282 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1002: Apr 03, 2019 03:49:48 pm
      previous managers have had fortunes as well, but not spent wisely.

I cant think of 1 klopp transfer that has been rubbish, or we dont expect to be better next season, in fact hes made some of the players hes bought world beaters.

But then the inevitable conclusion or question must arise from this thread and it is: Does Klopp need to actually win something to be regarded as a great LFC manager.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1003: Apr 05, 2019 10:31:51 pm
      You F***ing genius.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #1004: Apr 05, 2019 10:34:13 pm
      11 games away from having a statue outside Anfield.

10 games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1005: Apr 05, 2019 10:58:25 pm
      He makes mistakes but just look were we are and what is before us. Tuesday at Anfield last 8 of the CL top of the league what more could he have done
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1006: Apr 05, 2019 11:10:22 pm
      He makes mistakes but just look were we are and what is before us. Tuesday at Anfield last 8 of the CL top of the league what more could he have done

His substitutions cannot go unnoticed today. They were bold and more importantly they were effective.

Well done Klopp.
      Harrisimo

• 8,282 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1007: Apr 05, 2019 11:40:39 pm
      Wasn't much doubt we needed an energy infusion. The lack of intensity cost us in the first half. Klopp could see it and he was quick enough to put it right. He knew it wasn't happening and said as much..." we can't wait for it to happen, we have to make it happen"

So clearly Klopp knows if we are not at it. Sometimes you hear a manager say "we have to show patience, it will happen" but he knows that at this stage of the season...we have to FORCE the issue and Klopp sent Henderson out there as The Enforcer.Backing this up was that great professional Milner. Worked like a dream.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #1008: Apr 06, 2019 08:10:52 am
      His substitutions cannot go unnoticed today. They were bold and more importantly they were effective.

Well done Klopp.

And I'm sure the usual suspects were getting ready to come on here and give him dogs abuse for them too.

Worked at treat.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1009: Apr 06, 2019 01:13:24 pm

Well done Klopp.

He wasted no time either, he had them getting ready not long after the 2nd half kicked off and were on around the 55th minute. Was no f**king about yesterday, Klopp and his staff could see it wasn’t working so they acted with plenty of time still to play.
      From the moment the subs came on, the whole team looked calmer and more settled. It was too predictable how we were trying to play, get the ball to Trent and try to cross in behind the defence from deep. Except it wasn’t working and they kept hitting us on the break. Thought it was going to be Fab that went off with Gini but it’s no wonder it was Trent, he had a poor game IMO, he looked generally all over the place and troubled.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #1010: Apr 06, 2019 02:06:18 pm

Well done Klopp.

I absolutely agree - one of the only things I am critical of Klopp for is his tendency to leave his substitutions too late, giving them too little time to influence the game. Yesterday he was both clever and bold, and my goodness, the team reacted.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1011: Apr 06, 2019 03:01:30 pm
      Also credit to the coaching team for the subs. Pep and all. Well done.

Quick Reply