Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186559 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #23: Jul 20, 2018 08:48:11 am
      Put an opinion on a forum created for opinions/discussions.

Forum members dismiss opinion because manager knows better. Don't give your opinion.

Manager signs goalkeeper as requested. Thanks for reading Jürgen  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24: Jul 20, 2018 09:31:26 am
      he seems very very happy with his new signings and so he should we have really brought some quality into this squad now.
      Just 3 weeks to the new season start its going to be a really good year
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #25: Jul 20, 2018 09:42:34 am

That is starting to look like a really good first Xl.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #26: Jul 20, 2018 10:14:16 am

That is starting to look like a really good first Xl.

You have the front three all arse ways.

Salah Firmino Mane
      Kopite78
      Reply #27: Jul 20, 2018 10:17:48 am
      You have the front three all arse ways.

Salah Firmino Mane

Actually if you're being pedantic so do you

Firmino
      Mane                                           Salah

🤷‍♂️
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #28: Jul 20, 2018 10:34:19 am
      In fairness, depending how the attack is building any of the above combinations are right...
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #29: Jul 20, 2018 10:47:41 am
      Actually if you're being pedantic so do you

Firmino
      Mane                                           Salah

🤷‍♂️

Touche
      Kopite78
      Reply #30: Jul 20, 2018 10:52:47 am
      This is I think the first summer I can remember in a long long time when we have gone and made such a statement in the transfer market. Arguably since 1987 when we signed Barnes Beardsley and Aldo but even then they weren't at the level they became, they didn't come in a established world class stars. Barnes came with the biggest reputation having played a couple of hundred times for Watford, Beardsley came from Newcastle having only spent just over a year in division 1 having played in lower leagues with them and before that in Canada for the Vancouver whitecaps. Aldo came again with only a year in the top flight at Oxford having played as low as what's now league 1 with them.
      But what I'm saying is this year we have gone out and spent big on 4 world class established players, added to another in January.

In recent times when we have signed a Torres for example it's been supplemented with squad fillers in and around him in the same window. Now we've added to an up and coming team 4 absolute bangers

We've set the bar and shown real intent going into next season..hopefully we can add a cherry to the cake before the window shuts but what an exciting season awaiting us.

Thanks Jürgen for being the man who can be able to pull this off, the man that players want to play for..
      Think of this

Chelsea wanted Chamberlain.. he chose us
      City wanted Virgil.. he chose us
      Barca wanted Naby.. he chose us
      Utd wanted Fabinho... he chose us
      Talk around Alisson going elsewhere..  he has signed for us
      Plenty would take Mo... he wants to be part of this

Again thanks Jürgen, you're the cherry on top of the cake and I hope you can be the man who becomes a legend that brings us the title back.

This summer is the type of summer Chelsea had in the early 2000s when you looked at their business and said.. sh*t
      The same with city In recent years

We are having a summer that those clubs and others will be thinking... sh*t

Thanks also to fsg,  I've criticised them in the past over their mistakes and feet dragging, I've praised them when I felt they deserved it and F**k they deserve it now

Strap in reds ... it's going to be a wild season
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31: Jul 20, 2018 10:55:06 am
      I used to say imagine what Jürgen could achieve with top players! 😀
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #32: Jul 20, 2018 06:08:24 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33: Jul 20, 2018 06:37:28 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #34: Jul 20, 2018 06:41:30 pm
      This is I think the first summer I can remember in a long long time when we have gone and made such a statement in the transfer market. Arguably since 1987 when we signed Barnes Beardsley and Aldo but even then they weren't at the level they became, they didn't come in a established world class stars. Barnes came with the biggest reputation having played a couple of hundred times for Watford, Beardsley came from Newcastle having only spent just over a year in division 1 having played in lower leagues with them and before that in Canada for the Vancouver whitecaps. Aldo came again with only a year in the top flight at Oxford having played as low as what's now league 1 with them.
      But what I'm saying is this year we have gone out and spent big on 4 world class established players, added to another in January.

In recent times when we have signed a Torres for example it's been supplemented with squad fillers in and around him in the same window. Now we've added to an up and coming team 4 absolute bangers

We've set the bar and shown real intent going into next season..hopefully we can add a cherry to the cake before the window shuts but what an exciting season awaiting us.

Thanks Jürgen for being the man who can be able to pull this off, the man that players want to play for..
      Think of this

Chelsea wanted Chamberlain.. he chose us
      City wanted Virgil.. he chose us
      Barca wanted Naby.. he chose us
      Utd wanted Fabinho... he chose us
      Talk around Alisson going elsewhere..  he has signed for us
      Plenty would take Mo... he wants to be part of this

Again thanks Jürgen, you're the cherry on top of the cake and I hope you can be the man who becomes a legend that brings us the title back.

This summer is the type of summer Chelsea had in the early 2000s when you looked at their business and said.. sh*t
      The same with city In recent years

We are having a summer that those clubs and others will be thinking... sh*t

Thanks also to fsg,  I've criticised them in the past over their mistakes and feet dragging, I've praised them when I felt they deserved it and f**k they deserve it now

Strap in reds ... it's going to be a wild season

I'm desperate to praise them because that'll mean we've had a great window.

But it isn't shut yet so I'm going to hang fire and hope for the best.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #35: Jul 20, 2018 06:56:25 pm

Last summer was when the real intent was shown and if things had gone as planned, all of VVD, Keita, Ox, Robbo and Salah would have arrived last summer. The last minute disaster in the VVD negotiations and Leipzig's refusal to let Keita go a year early before his release clause prevented it all from happening but the intent and plan to do so was there. What's happened this summer is not coming out of nowhere.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #36: Jul 20, 2018 10:03:46 pm

The picture on top is the stuff of nightmares, just add Konchesky and Poulsen and that's a complete horror show, dark times indeed.
      Kopite78
      Reply #37: Jul 21, 2018 12:48:45 am
      Last summer was when the real intent was shown and if things had gone as planned, all of VVD, Keita, Ox, Robbo and Salah would have arrived last summer. The last minute disaster in the VVD negotiations and Leipzig's refusal to let Keita go a year early before his release clause prevented it all from happening but the intent and plan to do so was there. What's happened this summer is not coming out of nowhere.

Amazed how people read certain things

Well kind of
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #40: Jul 22, 2018 12:11:43 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41: Jul 22, 2018 02:14:17 am
      Cool as you like.

He simply doesn't give a f**k what people say.

Nor should he. Times have changed and if he stuck to buying cheap up and comers, he’d be gone in a year. Business like the Pogba transfer is literally why Klopp has had to somewhat alter his transfer strategy.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Jul 22, 2018 04:07:31 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #44: Jul 22, 2018 08:50:29 am
      F***ing love that guy..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #45: Jul 22, 2018 09:14:03 am
      Klopp needs a silverware to back his record. Come on let's target the League Cup first and foremost than the Fa Cup, the League and lastly the Champions League.

Quick Reply