Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186544 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #69: Jul 30, 2018 08:39:07 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      the end of the BR reign starting to approach the same look of the Woy reign.

We were 6 games unbeaten when Klopp was hired, and we went unbeaten for the next 6 games. Hodgson was fired after losing at Blackburn and home to Wolves. We thought we were getting Joe Cole, the treble league champion and very experienced international. What we got was a red card in his first game, and Joe Cole, the free transfer.

We got Klopp, because it looked like rival
      clubs were about to.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #70: Jul 31, 2018 06:27:03 am
      We were 6 games unbeaten when Klopp was hired, and we went unbeaten for the next 6 games. Hodgson was fired after losing at Blackburn and home to Wolves. We thought we were getting Joe Cole, the treble league champion and very experienced international. What we got was a red card in his first game, and Joe Cole, the free transfer.

clubs were about to.

6 games unbeaten that followed on from a twatting by the Mancs and West Ham. Also 6 games that included a penalty shootout to beat Carlisle United, a draw vs Norwich, Sion, the Bitters and Bordeaux. In them 6 games you appear to be raving about, we managed 1 win in 90mins, a scraped 3-2 win vs Villa. But yeah, that 6 game unbeaten run was incredible, you’re right, it didn’t include a twatting by Stoke!

I’m not sure what your point about Woy is, his entire reign was utter bollocks and a piss take.

I don’t care how we got Klopp, honestly couldn’t give a sh*t, the important thing is we got him. Although it wasn’t for the reason you say, he was turning jobs down, there was no danger of anyone else getting him.

Not sure what you’re trying to get at with your post exactly. Sounds like you are a bit bothered by the BR sacking though.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #71: Jul 31, 2018 07:06:23 am
      6 games unbeaten that followed on from a twatting by the Mancs and West Ham. Also 6 games that included a penalty shootout to beat Carlisle United, a draw vs Norwich, Sion, the Bitters and Bordeaux. In them 6 games you appear to be raving about, we managed 1 win in 90mins, a scraped 3-2 win vs Villa. But yeah, that 6 game unbeaten run was incredible, you’re right, it didn’t include a twatting by Stoke!

I’m not sure what your point about Woy is, his entire reign was utter bollocks and a piss take.

I don’t care how we got Klopp, honestly couldn’t give a sh*t, the important thing is we got him. Although it wasn’t for the reason you say, he was turning jobs down, there was no danger of anyone else getting him.

Not sure what you’re trying to get at with your post exactly. Sounds like you are a bit bothered by the BR sacking though.

Agreed, F**k knows what he’s on about
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #72: Jul 31, 2018 02:23:09 pm

clubs were about to.
      As if the guy who lambasted Rafa for too many draws came out with sh*t like that.  :lmao:

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #73: Jul 31, 2018 03:27:39 pm

You started the debate by telling us, the end of the Rodgers reign was resembling the end of the Hodgson one. I stated it wasn't, and the facts support that. Klopp also came up short against the mancs and West Ham that season.

Remember we were top of the league, just 6 weeks before the change was made. There was considerable speculation of other league clubs about to go for Klopp at the time. So FSG went and appointed him before they did.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #74: Jul 31, 2018 04:28:11 pm
      You started the debate by telling us, the end of the Rodgers reign was resembling the end of the Hodgson one. I stated it wasn't, and the facts support that. Klopp also came up short against the mancs and West Ham that season.

Remember we were top of the league, just 6 weeks before the change was made. There was considerable speculation of other league clubs about to go for Klopp at the time. So FSG went and appointed him before they did.

What a load of rubbish. So you think following on from a twatting by the Mancs and West Ham, it’s ok to manage 1 win?! The stats you say back it up show we failed to beat Carlisle in 120mins, failed to beat Sion, failed to beat Norwich, failed to beat Everton and failed to beat Bordeaux. 1 scraped win vs Villa is a team bang out of form. A team could go unbeaten all season, finish with 38 points and still get relegated, but you’re essentially saying you can justify that as decent because it’s 38 games unbeaten. So I’d go careful with what “stats” you are using.
      Resemble the Woy reign as in sh*t results, the performances getting worse, everyone looking shot of all confidence. BR shouldn’t have even made it into that season, he should have been given the boot immediately after the 6-1 smashing that Stoke gave us. We were slipping further and further down the league, the players had lost faith in him, the supporters had and it was becoming a disaster, just like the entire season before was a complete disaster.

Also, I wasn’t even starting a debate, not sure what there was to debate and you literally couldn’t make this sh*t up you are coming out with given how much you have slated Rafa over the years. Pathetic.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2018 04:33:54 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #75: Jul 31, 2018 05:04:06 pm
      Resemble the Woy reign as in sh*t results, the performances getting worse, everyone looking shot of all confidence. BR shouldn’t have even made it into that season, he should have been given the boot immediately after the 6-1 smashing that Stoke gave us. We were slipping further and further down the league, the players had lost faith in him, the supporters had and it was becoming a disaster, just like the entire season before was a complete disaster.

Also, I wasn’t even starting a debate, not sure what there was to debate and you literally couldn’t make this sh*t up you are coming out with given how much you have slated Rafa over the years. Pathetic.

The game at Stoke above was a meaningless end of season kickabout. Nothing was at stake, and no decisions were made because of it. Our next fixture was also at Stoke, which was important, and so we won it.

Don't know what the link with Rafa is, as he was brought here to win us the league, while Klopp was brought here to finish in the top 4. Completely separate issues and demands expected.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #76: Jul 31, 2018 05:10:05 pm

There was never any danger of Klopp being appointed by someone else, he had already made the decision to come here, he wanted a bit of a holiday after the Dortmund job, otherwise if Klopp would of come in the summer, Rodgers would of been gone then!!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #77: Jul 31, 2018 05:19:06 pm
      The game at Stoke above was a meaningless end of season kickabout. Nothing was at stake, and no decisions were made because of it.

Meaningless !?  F***ing meaningless ? !  !

We hadn't been beaten by a score like that in 50 years mate .

We are Liverpool in case you may be forgetting.

Meaningless ...

Just like your posts.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #78: Jul 31, 2018 05:37:23 pm
      But when..

City scored 106 and only failed to win in 6 games...drawing 4 losing only 2.

We drew 12 and lost 5..and we even finished below Spurs.

So this coming season will not be some walk in the park just because we have spent millions. We will have to kill teams off and do it week in week out. I am under no illusion - this coming season is going to be very hard going. We have a stronger squad for sure but only by consistently killing off teams week in week out will we stand a chance. Take nothing for granted.

No doubt we have to turn a number of draws into wins, and we need to start well - like 12 points from those first four matches before the international break. Those are the type of teams we must be getting three points against. We can do it, but the "can" needs to change to "did."
      Kopite78
      Reply #79: Jul 31, 2018 05:40:38 pm
      The game at Stoke above was a meaningless end of season kickabout. Nothing was at stake, and no decisions were made because of it. Our next fixture was also at Stoke, which was important, and so we won it.

Don't know what the link with Rafa is, as he was brought here to win us the league, while Klopp was brought here to finish in the top 4. Completely separate issues and demands expected.

Meaningless?

F**k off lad.. no such thing

Rodgers should have gone straight after the whistle that day.  And I'm not one who went after him nor slagged him off
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #80: Jul 31, 2018 05:48:12 pm
      No doubt we have to turn a number of draws into wins, and we need to start well - like 12 points from those first four matches before the international break. Those are the type of teams we must be getting three points against. We can do it, but the "can" needs to change to "did."

It's a big season for Klopp. Got the backing from the owners. Mourinho said he now has to deliver. Klopp laughed it off. But there is a grain of truth in what Mourinho says and I think Klopp knows it. I mean I wouldn't be surprised to see Mourinho resign before the start of the season but the underlying truth as far as we are concerned is that Klopp will have to go close this time... at the very least.

That's not making a big deal of what Mourinho said, it's simply the way it is.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2018 05:54:40 pm by Harrisimo »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #81: Jul 31, 2018 05:51:41 pm
      It's a big season for Klopp. Got the backing from the owners. Mourinho said he now has to deliver. Klopp laughed it off. But there is a grain of truth in what Mourinho says and I think Klopp knows it. I mean wouldn't be surprised to see Mourinho resign before the start of the season but the underlying truth as far as we are concerned is that Klopp will have to go close this time at the very least.

That's not making a big deal of what Mourinho said, it's simply the way it is.

What I was agreeing with was your formula for winning the league - that we have to be more ruthless in close matches vs. lower teams to get the results needed.

Every year is a big year for Klopp (and every other Liverpool manager) - and this year is no different. Mourinho's comments are just plain wrong. The investment is just indicative of where we are in the building process (and the crazy pricing of the market now).

Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #82: Jul 31, 2018 06:06:14 pm
      What I was agreeing with was your formula for winning the league - that we have to be more ruthless in close matches vs. lower teams to get the results needed.

Every year is a big year for Klopp (and every other Liverpool manager) - and this year is no different. Mourinho's comments are just plain wrong. The investment is just indicative of where we are in the building process (and the crazy pricing of the market now).

The market is certainly crazy not much doubt about that. We are always trying to improve the squad but to say we are in the building process is a tad misleading. We are in contention. We start this season with the clear intention of winning the the Premiership for the first time. That I believe should be our aim. Our priority. We have geared up, build the squad. The owners have done their bit now it's down to Klopp and the very highly paid players to deliver.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #83: Jul 31, 2018 06:09:19 pm
      The market is certainly crazy not much doubt about that. We are always trying to improve the squad but to say we are in the building process is a tad misleading. We are in contention. We start this season with the clear intention of winning the the Premiership for the first time. That I believe should be our aim. Our priority. We have geared up, build the squad. The owners have done their bit now it's down to Klopp and the very highly paid players to deliver.

Incomings this summer were part of building, and yes, that continues. And yes, we are in contention, but I think our ambitions were the same the past two seasons, we're just more capable of realizing them now. Klopp is under no pressure that managers of top clubs aren't always under. There is no "or else" aspect of his evaluation for this coming season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #84: Jul 31, 2018 06:16:08 pm

Not sure where you get that from.

Can you provide links, quotes etc please?
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #85: Jul 31, 2018 06:22:36 pm
      Incomings this summer were part of building, and yes, that continues. And yes, we are in contention, but I think our ambitions were the same the past two seasons, we're just more capable of realizing them now. Klopp is under no pressure that managers of top clubs aren't always under. There is no "or else" aspect of his evaluation for this coming season.

But " or else" does kick in sooner or later at this club. Be it Rafa,Roy, Kenny, Brendan or Jürgen....the 4 before Jürgen reached the " or else" stage and didn't quite crack it. And what they failed to crack was the winning of the Premiership.

We can dress it up and say we don't put pressure on our managers but in reality...we do..and rightly so. I'm looking for Klopp to win the Premiership or go extremely close. Another season fighting for just a top 4 would be a disappointment. Not a sacking offence but clearly a disappointing season. Come what may Klopp will always have a very special place in our affections. I think he can win the Premiership and I see no reason why it can't be this season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #86: Jul 31, 2018 06:26:43 pm
      Another season fighting for just a top 4 would be a disappointment. Not a sacking offence but clearly a disappointing season. Come what may Klopp will always have a very special place in our affections. I think he can win the Premiership and I see no reason why it can't be this season.

I can live with this part (with the caveat that trophies in other competitions would provide considerable mitigation). I'll buy you a beer when we win.
       :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #87: Jul 31, 2018 07:14:51 pm

Horse sh*t, complete and utter horse sh*t and you know it.

So I mention about you seeming bitter about BR having gotten the boot which is surprising because of how you slate Rafa and you take that as me trying to make some sort of link between Rafa and Klopp.

You’re taking the piss, you have to be, you are literally clutching at any straw possible.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #88: Jul 31, 2018 07:30:40 pm
      There was never any danger of Klopp being appointed by someone else, he had already made the decision to come here, he wanted a bit of a holiday after the Dortmund job, otherwise if Klopp would of come in the summer, Rodgers would of been gone then!!

That's got to be pretty much on the money.

FSG wanted Klopp since they first bought us.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #89: Jul 31, 2018 07:49:18 pm
      So you think following on from the Mancs and West Ham, it’s ok to manage 1 win?! The stats you say back it up show we failed to beat Carlisle in 120mins, failed to beat Sion, failed to beat Norwich, failed to beat Everton and failed to beat Bordeaux. 1 scraped win vs Villa is a team bang out of form. A team could go unbeaten all season, finish with 38 points and still get relegated, but you’re essentially saying you can justify that as decent because it’s 38 games unbeaten. So I’d go careful with what “stats” you are using.
      Resemble the Woy reign as in sh*t results, the performances getting worse, everyone looking shot of all confidence. BR shouldn’t have even made it into that season, he should have been given the boot immediately after the 6-1 smashing that Stoke gave us.

I didn't go through the nuances of the 6 game unbeaten run before the change, just as I didn't of the 6 game unbeaten run after it.

The "scraped win against Villa" was our first at home against them in 5 seasons. That season had a very difficult start, away to Stoke first, an away derby, away to Arsenal and the mancs in the first 2 months. Not to mention trips to Chelsea and City around the corner. We lost just one of them, we were also top of the table at one point, so the idea put out there that it resembled the Hodgson era, is just not correct.

Quote from MIRO
      We hadn't been beaten by a score like that in 50 years mate.

Even so, the game was still meaningless, a mere footnote in a season where we reached 2 cup semi finals.

We've also lost by a 5 goal margin at City since, but we didn't sack Klopp for it, nor should we. Just as with the Stoke result, we had reasons to explain why, and it's also a mere footnote in a season where we reached another cup final.

Usually big defeats are a one off with specific reasons behind it, not a sign of panic, chaos, and the apocalypse is nigh.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #90: Jul 31, 2018 07:59:48 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #91: Jul 31, 2018 08:11:18 pm

Quick Reply