Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186584 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #161: Oct 08, 2018 11:57:17 am
      Are we seeing a defence minded Klopp team, We don’t seem to be our usual attack mode team in our past games..

Has Klopp used the safety first approach in our early games & are we going to see the fluid attack minded team of last season after the break?.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #162: Oct 09, 2018 12:28:28 pm
      Are we seeing a defence minded Klopp team, We don’t seem to be our usual attack mode team in our past games..

Has Klopp used the safety first approach in our early games & are we going to see the fluid attack minded team of last season after the break?.

That’s what’s been going through my mind since Sunday??? It’s like he’s purposely keeping the team in second gear for the first few games?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #163: Oct 09, 2018 12:58:03 pm
      After watching his post match press conference of the City game I am disappointed by Jürgen. He looked happy and praised his team. City had 3 top chances, we had 0 top chances and we played at home. That's not good enough, esp. because it repeats what happened in Napoli. 

Grumpy old man!

We're top with the same points as our rivals and we have played three of them.

We're still in the league not 7 points adrift :(

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #164: Oct 09, 2018 01:30:58 pm
      Grumpy old man!

We're still in the league not 7 points adrift :(

we were 9 points off the top last season we had 13 City had 22 that's an incredible effort to keep pace with City after 8 games
      but it seems it isn't enough for quite a few posters who don't like Jürgen smiling don't like his team selection or his formations.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #165: Oct 09, 2018 03:14:09 pm
      we were 9 points off the top last season we had 13 City had 22 that's an incredible effort to keep pace with City after 8 games
      but it seems it isn't enough for quite a few posters who don't like Jürgen smiling don't like his team selection or his formations.

7 Points adrift was refering to the Manure.

Excatly, we now need to change gears and beat the 'lesser' teams.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #166: Oct 09, 2018 03:48:09 pm

It appears that way because we have been pretty awful up front for a few weeks ago, whether it be finishing, selfishness or overall play. Klopp did not tell Mo "put your head up your ass and finish your shots like a pub player".
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #167: Oct 09, 2018 05:46:05 pm
      After watching his post match press conference of the City game I am disappointed by Jürgen. He looked happy and praised his team. City had 3 top chances, we had 0 top chances and we played at home. That's not good enough, esp. because it repeats what happened in Napoli. 

Frankly fella maybe you should get back in your time machine and bugger off back to the eighties because that appears to be where your living. We’re not the kings of Europe and England anymore so it’s all very well approaching every conversation as if we are but we’re not. However, we are a side that is making further progress again this season and we’re currently right in the mix of a title race albeit too early to call it that. We’re up against the most expensively assembled squad ever put together in England and they’re managed by the one of the best managers in the world. It will be very difficult but we’re in the mix.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #168: Oct 09, 2018 09:03:52 pm
      We’re not the kings of Europe and England anymore so it’s all very well approaching every conversation as if we are but we’re not. However, we are a side that is making further progress again this season and we’re currently right in the mix of a title race albeit too early to call it that. We’re up against the most expensively assembled squad ever put together in England and they’re managed by the one of the best managers in the world. It will be very difficult but we’re in the mix.

No disagreement. I am happy with our team, happy with the direction we are going. Look at the overall market value of City's or Chelsea's first 11 and ours and you'll see that we basically are entangeled in an unfair fight. All I say is: If we wanna win the PL we need to get better, we're not good enough yet. I propose to get better from within by givin Shaq some shot in midfield and working on Keita and Fabinho to replace the very average midfield Gini-Hendoi-Milner soon.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #169: Oct 10, 2018 10:01:39 am
      How much better do we need to get to be better than joint top of the league with 7 point more than last season and having gained 9 points on city so far this season. If to get to this position we had played outstanding football with players at the top of their game it would be a worry that they couldn't maintain this form all season however I don't think anyone think we are more than about 6 or 7 out of 10 so far and we have a lot to look forward to
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #170: Oct 10, 2018 12:07:24 pm
      Basically we've traded thrills, chills and spills from last season to steady results this season.

The system and style are more airtight, so far more effective, and despite his philosophy being contrary to this, not nearly as entertaining.

Last year, so many of our goals were in transition, with players moving forward in combination, and Mo of course was the main beneficiary of these. If you broke down every goal scored in all competitions last season, I'm sure a fairly high percentage of them would be of the breaking forward variety, while this season it's much more (percentage) where the defense is back and set, and we find a way through. It calls for somewhat different qualities from our forwards (not that they didn't show last season they could score  in that situation as well, they did).
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #171: Oct 10, 2018 12:23:57 pm
      We're 3rd on goal difference; if we were top on goal difference, we wouldn't be saying we're "joint top".
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #172: Oct 10, 2018 12:33:02 pm
      We're 3rd on goal difference; if we were top on goal difference, we wouldn't be saying we're "joint top".

I think top is just fine at this stage.......unless you’re Chicken Little?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #173: Oct 10, 2018 01:17:14 pm
      Mourinho might be the manager for you.
      He's only across the Pennines.

Racer mate. Have you had a look on a map ?   ;D

+1 anyway.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #174: Oct 10, 2018 04:30:31 pm

You're right, we would lose the league but many games to be played. But you're finding tiny edges to hold on as well.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #175: Oct 10, 2018 11:55:28 pm
      Racer mate. Have you had a look on a map ?   ;D

+1 anyway.

Used to be a time I was driving across them quite regularly.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #176: Oct 11, 2018 09:13:26 am
      The most important part of management is signing good players. You can be a tactical genius, have great charisma, etc but if you don't have good players you will fail realistically and since 2015 Jürgen has bought excellently.

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #177: Oct 11, 2018 10:43:51 am
      You're right, we would lose the league but many games to be played. But you're finding tiny edges to hold on as well.
      Not sure what you mean there; point I'm making is let's not be hypocritical.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #178: Oct 11, 2018 03:40:01 pm
      Not sure what you mean there; point I'm making is let's not be hypocritical.

We would lose the league on goals but I think you're being critical too much.

He needs a rest like all the team and 'regain' our fire power.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #179: Oct 11, 2018 07:33:55 pm
      So many variables here to take into account.

We've played Chelsea (twice), Napoli, Spurs, PSG, City and Palace away (bogey ground) and we're barely 2 months into the Season. We are joint top of the League after a heavy and hectic schedule. I said at the start of the Season that i didn't think we had the squad depth to maintain an assault on every front this Season and it is starting to show already. We looked absolutely knackered against Napoli and City and our lack of options for resting the front three is there for all to see.

Our midfield is yet to gel due to knocks, differences of adjustment and a lack of creative midfielders to balance the centre out. I do not wish to see Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum in the same side, it is too much, they are too similar. If i was Klopp i'd let Shaqiri or Keita (i know they are not natural 10's) float in the '10' role just to try and mix it up a bit. With Milner out for a while, Lallana too unreliable and Oxlade out for the Season we either need to give Shaqiri a try or look to source that someone in January.

With what we have got we are performing well and i don't think anyone can complain with what we have achieved so far. We are nowhere near 2nd gear yet and we are in the mix. Once we get that result that kicks us in the arse imagine what we will achieve then?

We are nowhere near our level yet so to be where we are at this stage is incredible in my opinion.

My only concern has been the absence of Fabinho but i was concerned at the absence of Robertson when he first arrived and look how that turned out.

Be patient brothers and sisters, the time will soon be upon us.

Keep the faith.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #180: Oct 12, 2018 08:07:38 am
      We’ve never had more points in the PL after 8 games than we do now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #181: Oct 12, 2018 08:42:05 am
      We’ve never had more points in the PL after 8 games than we do now.

And still playing nowhere near as well as we can do.

Winning while not playing well is a sign of a good team, especially when we know the capability is there.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #182: Oct 12, 2018 09:13:21 am
      Problem is we've been saying this isn't our best for about a quarter of the season. Even if it's not our best, if it's the modal average it will be a problem eventually.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #183: Oct 12, 2018 09:19:30 am
      Problem is we've been saying this isn't our best for about a quarter of the season. Even if it's not our best, if it's the modal average it will be a problem eventually.

We've gone through average patches every season the difference is this time we've still been picking up points. We're gonna click at some point and it'll all take off from there.

Quick Reply