Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186574 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #184: Oct 12, 2018 09:36:34 am
      We've gone through average patches every season the difference is this time we've still been picking up points. We're gonna click at some point and it'll all take off from there.
      I'd be happy to win the league playing average.. but I think if we want any trophy this season we'll need to up our game at some point. Hopefully after international break we'll go on a winning run again.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #185: Oct 12, 2018 12:11:06 pm
      I'd be happy to win the league playing average.. but I think if we want any trophy this season we'll need to up our game at some point. Hopefully after international break we'll go on a winning run again.

To be playing at 40% and being joint top of the League is remarkable if you ask me. While it is frustrating to see how well below par we are at the moment it is satisfying to see us grinding out results. It can't go on like this, at some pot the curve will ramp and we will start blasting teams again. The addition of van Dijk and Alisson has been immeasurable.

I'm putting it down to the exertions at the World Cup at the moment. Most players have not had a sufficient recuperation period.

Klopp is doing an amazing job in a restrictive environment, let us not forget that. Imagine if he was granted every player he wanted?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #186: Oct 12, 2018 01:14:07 pm
      “So, it should be a win-win situation. When we play well, it’s easy to get the crowd going and when we don’t play well, we need you to encourage us - get on your feet, tell us ‘come on’ - you have to be the stars then.

“I want us to have the best atmosphere in world football and there is no limit to what we can do actually.

“I love it how people really are involved in the game, but there’s still space for improvement - from our side performance-wise, but also to keep the atmosphere really on the highest level."

Reckon some of those in the crowd at Anfield could pay attention to this!
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #187: Oct 12, 2018 02:26:19 pm
      We got a cupcake schedule the first 4 games which helped us get out of the gate on fire but as the schedule got tougher we slowed down. There is much work to be done to get everyone firing because luck has been on our side to be where we are today tied in points for first place (Mahrez hoofing one, missed clear pk call for Spurs), but can't count on that to continue. We need everyone from Alisson to Firmino to step up their game if we are going to win the league, or any trophy for that matter.

grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #188: Oct 12, 2018 03:35:12 pm
      We’ve never had more points in the PL after 8 games than we do now.
      It doesn't really mean anything based on how the table stands.

Chelsea and City are on the same points, Spurs who did nothing this past window and transition Arsenal are only two points back.
      It has been a fantastic start to the season points wise, but other teams are also performing well.

Its going to be a long season, but as long as the team keeps on beating the smaller teams and collecting points against the big boys, then a contending season should be in the offing. 
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #189: Oct 12, 2018 04:25:12 pm
      “So, it should be a win-win situation. When we play well, it’s easy to get the crowd going and when we don’t play well, we need you to encourage us - get on your feet, tell us ‘come on’ - you have to be the stars then.

“I want us to have the best atmosphere in world football and there is no limit to what we can do actually.

“I love it how people really are involved in the game, but there’s still space for improvement - from our side performance-wise, but also to keep the atmosphere really on the highest level."

I wonder if  Klopp told me to stand would work as an excuse with the stewards?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #190: Oct 12, 2018 05:00:02 pm
      So under Jürgen after 8 games we are on a projected total of 95 points and we are yet to really hit form.
      City are not going to drop many points so this is around were we are going to have to get to if we want to win the league.
      Its going to be some ride this year.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #191: Oct 12, 2018 05:44:55 pm
      We got a cupcake schedule the first 4 games which helped us get out of the gate on fire but as the schedule got tougher we slowed down. There is much work to be done to get everyone firing because luck has been on our side to be where we are today tied in points for first place (Mahrez hoofing one, missed clear pk call for Spurs), but can't count on that to continue. We need everyone from Alisson to Firmino to step up their game if we are going to win the league, or any trophy for that matter.

Shut up you F***ing WUM, never seen you post anything positive on this forum.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #192: Oct 12, 2018 05:52:51 pm
      So under Jürgen after 8 games we are on a projected total of 95 points and we are yet to really hit form.
      City are not going to drop many points so this is around were we are going to have to get to if we want to win the league.
      The team has several gears. But this post is quite disingenuous. It assumes that Liverpool's results will remain the same, the team will go unbeaten while City will go off the boil.

We are 8 games in, 8. There is a lot of football to be played, rotations especially after the new year and injuries will go a long way into determining where each team finishes. There has been one unbeaten premier league season, so it is likely that all the top teams will drop points going by history.

It is great that the team has had a flying start, not lost a game despite not playing well; that the defense is something that the team can now rely on as opposed to being a glaring weak point as it was in previous years. All this is great, but make no mistake, there is a lot more football to come.

I actually think that the international break came at the best time given two draws and two losses. It gives a mini reset and gives Klopp time to think about some changes that he can implement going forward without games coming thick and fast.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #193: Oct 12, 2018 06:10:45 pm
      The team has several gears. But this post is quite disingenuous. It assumes that Liverpool's results will remain the same, the team will go unbeaten while City will go off the boil.

We are 8 games in, 8. There is a lot of football to be played, rotations especially after the new year and injuries will go a long way into determining where each team finishes. There has been one unbeaten premier league season, so it is likely that all the top teams will drop points going by history.

It is great that the team has had a flying start, not lost a game despite not playing well; that the defense is something that the team can now rely on as opposed to being a glaring weak point as it was in previous years. All this is great, but make no mistake, there is a lot more football to come.

I actually think that the international break came at the best time given two draws and two losses. It gives a mini reset and gives Klopp time to think about some changes that he can implement going forward without games coming thick and fast.

I don't think "disingenuous" means what you think it does.

That said, it's optimistic, something a few more of our "supporters" could do with being.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #194: Oct 12, 2018 06:17:37 pm

I see a lot of posts like this claiming our good start is down to "good luck", but I have rarely seen the same posters bemoan our luck when it's been bad.

Funny, that.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #195: Oct 12, 2018 06:47:41 pm
      I see a lot of posts like this claiming our good start is down to "good luck", but I have rarely seen the same posters bemoan our luck when it's been bad.

Funny, that.

Agreed, people need to stop F***ing moaning and talking sh*t.

Liverpool are in a great position.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #196: Oct 12, 2018 06:54:10 pm

Funny, that.

I don't think i'd qualify the easy 4 games to start the year as luck. We have to play all teams 2x regardless, though i guess after a tough away CL game at Napoli I would have preferred to come home to play Cardiff instead of Man City. However, we have gotten lucky such as against Spurs and City as i noted, but as i have mentioned in the past, it barely makes up for the horrid luck we've had in the past with total bullshit calls going against us, like Kane's PK call last year to make it 2-2, or the offside goals we've had scored against.

You need some degree of luck to win, but as we all saw the past couple of weeks, we need to improve in many areas because good fortune can end at any time. We need to be better at keeping goals out of our net, at putting teams away as we have been very wasteful (Spurs game a good example where we could have been 4 up at half time) and at killing off games and not giving up costly goals late in the game. These are all traits we showed in the 2nd half of last season so not necessarily a concern but certainly something to work on.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #197: Oct 12, 2018 08:56:20 pm
      Being "Positive" Being "optimistic" If that meant anything then we would have twenty teams tying of the premier league title ...

No,Being "Positive" Being "optimistic" None of that means Squat, Football is a results game and supporter should be concern about the front three and the midfield feeding them...

Yes at the moment with the front three not firing we are getting results, but if they continue to shoot blanks We Will start to drop points as we already have to both Chelsea and City.We had the chances in both games to win it and should have been 6 pts clear at the top given those chances we missed.

We need to change things around in midfield to give ourselves the best possible chance at maintaining our run of form and to chance the luck of those front three
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #198: Oct 13, 2018 12:09:58 pm
      If Salah is injured, with Shaquri asking to be number 10 we could fo this.

Firmino            Mane
                        Shaqiri

I think it's a test for Klopp to see if he can use players effectively. I wondered why Shaqiri didn't get a chance there in the games we lacked creativity.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #199: Oct 13, 2018 10:41:29 pm
      Quote from artaylor

He's used to a very different fan culture in Germany, with a 90 minute long concert from behind the goals, that turns the stadium into a giant wall of sound during every game. He just won't get that though in the corporate box, £3k season ticket EPL.

He and some of the players are also used to "Torjubels" belted out, followed by goals announced with the call and response method, by the stadium PA and home crowd when their team scores. George is great at Anfield, but one thing he certainly isn't is a call and response PA.

I now play the first 30 seconds of this distinctly German-themed tune by Zillertaler Hochzeitsmarsch, after every goal we score, home and away, wherever I am at the time. No video to this, all you have to do is listen.

https://youtu.be/RK67qbaggUs

In the UK people think that's all mad, but if you're a fan you're expected to go mad at a game. That's what you're there for after all. Certainly Jürgen, and Europeans in general, don't understand why British crowds sound like they're at a solemn vigil rather than a sports event.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #200: Oct 14, 2018 01:38:33 am
      I don't think "disingenuous" means what you think it does.

That said, it's optimistic, something a few more of our "supporters" could do with being.
      I find it dishonest that anyone would think that LFC is on track to make 95 points yet with the same pen write that they expect other teams on the same tangent will drop more points.

I expect that everyone will drop points, that everyone will lose some games. Injuries will be a factor. So, dishonesty or a poster being disingenuous is not far off what the definition of the word is.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #201: Oct 14, 2018 08:05:50 am
      Agreed, people need to stop f**king moaning and talking sh*t.

Liverpool are in a great position.

I totally agree Liverpool are actually in a fantastic place and we have got exciting times ahead of us.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #202: Oct 14, 2018 11:01:19 am

I find it dishonest that anyone would think that LFC is on track to make 95 points yet with the same pen write that they expect other teams on the same tangent will drop more points.

I expect that everyone will drop points, that everyone will lose some games. Injuries will be a factor. So, dishonesty or a poster being disingenuous is not far off what the definition of the word is.

I think you need to re-read the post and then decide if calling someone a liar for something you got wrong is the way you want to go.

Just a thought.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #203: Oct 14, 2018 12:52:58 pm
      We’ve never had more points in the PL after 8 games than we do now.

Rock n Roll Mags .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #204: Oct 14, 2018 01:10:58 pm

:gt-happyup:

I don't understand why some people seem to get so little joy from the game that they have to moan about every little thing.

It's always a bit of a roller coaster ride supporting Liverpool, and there's nothing wrong with having a gripe when we play badly and lose, but with some it's like they suck all the joy out of it.
      Take the rough with the smooth, and enjoy the ride.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #205: Oct 20, 2018 08:46:44 pm
      His players are absolutely bang out of form but somehow we are top of the league with now a projected total of 97 points.
      Clearly we are not going to roll over and fall behind we are now a machine and we will at some point click God help the rest of the league when we do
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #206: Oct 21, 2018 12:15:54 am
      His players are absolutely bang out of form but somehow we are top of the league with now a projected total of 97 points.
      Clearly we are not going to roll over and fall behind we are now a machine and we will at some point click God help the rest of the league when we do

F**k yeah, Brother!

Quick Reply