Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186535 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #207: Oct 21, 2018 01:23:02 pm
      So many variables here to take into account.

We've played Chelsea (twice), Napoli, Spurs, PSG, City and Palace away (bogey ground) and we're barely 2 months into the Season. We are joint top of the League after a heavy and hectic schedule. I said at the start of the Season that i didn't think we had the squad depth to maintain an assault on every front this Season and it is starting to show already. We looked absolutely knackered against Napoli and City and our lack of options for resting the front three is there for all to see.

Our midfield is yet to gel due to knocks, differences of adjustment and a lack of creative midfielders to balance the centre out. I do not wish to see Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum in the same side, it is too much, they are too similar. If i was Klopp i'd let Shaqiri or Keita (i know they are not natural 10's) float in the '10' role just to try and mix it up a bit. With Milner out for a while, Lallana too unreliable and Oxlade out for the Season we either need to give Shaqiri a try or look to source that someone in January.

With what we have got we are performing well and i don't think anyone can complain with what we have achieved so far. We are nowhere near 2nd gear yet and we are in the mix. Once we get that result that kicks us in the arse imagine what we will achieve then?

We are nowhere near our level yet so to be where we are at this stage is incredible in my opinion.

My only concern has been the absence of Fabinho but i was concerned at the absence of Robertson when he first arrived and look how that turned out.

Be patient brothers and sisters, the time will soon be upon us.

Keep the faith.

Quality back up is the answer and solution to all the points you raise Chris.
      Jürgen addressed a mammoth task of getting our first eleven together without breaking the bank, to those less informed quality replacement is essential to compete adequately in the Prem.

It is an insult to the man and the club not to provide the means to enable equal competition with our rivals.

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #208: Oct 22, 2018 12:57:38 pm
      Here's the problem: We are riding on luck for quite some weeks now. We could have easily lost to City, Chelsea, drew against Spurs and Huddersfield. That'd be 8 points and we'd have 15 points and #8 on the table. In the CL we could have easily drawn against PSG, leaving us with 1 point and heavy pressure.

Jürgen needs to be aware that this kind of luck won't hold long. Maybe we are playing already our best then it is what it is, but if not Jürgen has to check if there's some measures to unleash our true potential.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #209: Oct 22, 2018 01:37:05 pm
      Here's the problem: We are riding on luck for quite some weeks now. We could have easily lost to City, Chelsea, drew against Spurs and Huddersfield. That'd be 8 points and we'd have 15 points and #8 on the table. In the CL we could have easily drawn against PSG, leaving us with 1 point and heavy pressure.

Jürgen needs to be aware that this kind of luck won't hold long. Maybe we are playing already our best then it is what it is, but if not Jürgen has to check if there's some measures to unleash our true potential.

What a pile of sh*te

What we “could” have done is irrelevant

What matters is what we “have” done
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #210: Oct 22, 2018 02:16:04 pm

Sure fella, and if me aunt had balls she'd be me uncle.

"coulda, shoulda, woulda" the mating call of the perpetually dissatisfied.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #211: Oct 22, 2018 09:19:44 pm
      What we “could” have done is irrelevant
      What matters is what we “have” done

That's the children way, just riding with the flow of what happens. Of course there's a reason why children are not taken for serious. If you look at City you won't find this kind of problem. They play much more independant of luck than we and in the long term that will matter. Now is the perfect time for Jürgen to identify problems like our boring midfield and do something about it than just sitting, waiting and hoping we get into next gear by fate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #212: Oct 22, 2018 10:50:26 pm
      That's the children way, just riding with the flow of what happens. Of course there's a reason why children are not taken for serious. If you look at City you won't find this kind of problem. They play much more independant of luck than we and in the long term that will matter.Now is the perfect time for Jürgen to identify problems like our boring midfield and do something about it than just sitting, waiting and hoping we get into next gear by fate.

Last season City scored 3 goals past the 90th minute, 2 of which were winners in the 96th and 97th minute, the other was an equaliser. They also scored 3 winners between the 80th and 90th minute of the game. That’s 11 points gained at the end of the game. This is against the likes of Saints and Huddersfield, whilst scraping 1-0 wins against likes of Newcastle too.

Maybe worth considering before you start saying City don’t rely on the luck.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #213: Oct 23, 2018 01:51:02 am
      Last season City scored 3 goals past the 90th minute, 2 of which were winners in the 96th and 97th minute, the other was an equaliser. They also scored 3 winners between the 80th and 90th minute of the game. That’s 11 points gained at the end of the game. This is against the likes of Saints and Huddersfield, whilst scraping 1-0 wins against likes of Newcastle too.

Maybe worth considering before you start saying City don’t rely on the luck.

I talk about this season and they didn't have particular game luck as I remember. But ok, let's talk about last season. Even if they would have not gained their 11 "lucky points" they'd still had been champs. That's what I mean when I talk about 'not relying on luck'.

Shifting gears: A lot of outlets report Asensio is on the market since he didn't hit it so far at Real. Would u consider him? He's not a playmaker, more of a pure forward, so I don't know.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #214: Oct 23, 2018 08:53:59 am
      That's the children way, just riding with the flow of what happens. Of course there's a reason why children are not taken for serious. If you look at City you won't find this kind of problem. They play much more independant of luck than we and in the long term that will matter. Now is the perfect time for Jürgen to identify problems like our boring midfield and do something about it than just sitting, waiting and hoping we get into next gear by fate.

You’re a clown , you can try clever little snide digs but most see through them

Are you a manc , a bitter ? One of those new found City fans who used to support Chelsea

We have had our best Premiership start I believe , most points , most goals scored , least goals conceded all the whilst not all the players have hit their form yet - we are sat at top of the table and keep gaining points

We could have taken all three points against both Chelsea and City

But to coin the great phrase

If my auntie had wheels she would have been a bike
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #215: Oct 23, 2018 01:05:56 pm
      I talk about this season and they didn't have particular game luck as I remember. But ok, let's talk about last season. Even if they would have not gained their 11 "lucky points" they'd still had been champs. That's what I mean when I talk about 'not relying on luck'.

Shifting gears: A lot of outlets report Asensio is on the market since he didn't hit it so far at Real. Would u consider him? He's not a playmaker, more of a pure forward, so I don't know.

All teams have luck, either good or bad, and no, it doesn't "even itself out" over the course of a season, so please, pretty please, stop talking sh*te.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #216: Oct 28, 2018 09:30:16 pm
      The Boss looks well impressed with the lads so far this season and with 26 points after 10 games so he should. I am so looking forward to the Arsenal game because if they try to take us on it could be a mauling.
      His signings have been incredible and his man management has to be the best in football bearing in mind that Pep by enlarge buys his success.
      Who else other than Jürgen has signed or brought on players like Andy or Trent and now Shaqiri the man is a genius.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #217: Oct 28, 2018 09:57:10 pm
      Boss boss.

Keep it up.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #218: Oct 28, 2018 10:17:21 pm
      The Boss looks well impressed with the lads so far this season and with 26 points after 10 games so he should. I am so looking forward to the Arsenal game because if they try to take us on it could be a mauling.
      His signings have been incredible and his man management has to be the best in football bearing in mind that Pep by enlarge buys his success.
      Who else other than Jürgen has signed or brought on players like Andy or Trent and now Shaqiri the man is a genius.

It’s simple - we have the best manager in the world!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #219: Oct 28, 2018 11:14:44 pm
      The bench might play a big part V Arsenal. I think Klopp will bench Shaqiri and play a slightly more holding midfield. I'll be surprised if we see Shaq start. But he could come on and be the match winner. This lad has a trick or two and he can be the difference.

Very big game, Klopp will be tested.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #220: Oct 28, 2018 11:23:26 pm
      The bench might play a big part V Arsenal. I think Klopp will bench Shaqiri and play a slightly more holding midfield. I'll be surprised if we see Shaq start. But he could come on and be the match winner. This lad has a trick or two and he can be the difference.

Very big game, Klopp will be tested.

Henderson Gini Milner I’d have thought if Henderson is fit
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #221: Oct 29, 2018 01:46:46 am
      Just read perhaps a new favorite quote of all time from Klopp in The Echo: “That is our life – ignoring useless news. I am pretty good at it."

Definitely a worthwhile new sig.

What a top manager we have.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #222: Nov 03, 2018 11:24:38 pm
      Seems like we have changed tact this season with hardly any pressing anymore.

Against good sides like Arsenal with our mediocre midfield it probably would have proved decisive but maybe Klopp is trying to keep the boys fresh for post Crimbo push.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #223: Nov 04, 2018 10:24:46 am
      top of the league best start to a Premier  league season and the Vultures are circling questioning his tactics and team selections.
      Focus is on the midfield but the front three are not really that fluid at the moment not as good as last season.
      We were robbed yesterday by the linesman and the post its that kind of season so far .
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #224: Nov 04, 2018 10:51:36 am
      Quote from Robby The Z
      Just read perhaps a new favorite quote of all time from Klopp in The Echo: “That is our life – ignoring useless news. I am pretty good at it."

Definitely a worthwhile new sig.

What a top manager we have.

He said Arsenal had so many forwards on against us, he was waiting for Van Persie and Bergkamp. The press found it hilarious. And when you get on with the press, they will cut you some slack.

Compare that to lectures and walkouts, over "respect".
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #225: Nov 04, 2018 11:08:50 am
      🙄

The boss is doing grand.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #226: Nov 04, 2018 12:05:16 pm
      Seems like we have changed tact this season with hardly any pressing anymore.

Against good sides like Arsenal with our mediocre midfield it probably would have proved decisive but maybe Klopp is trying to keep the boys fresh for post Crimbo push.

Yep, I think we have seen a shift to a less aggressive more defense minded set up this season.

Just posted similar in the match day thread, however look on the bright side we have played 4 major rivals and haven't lost any.

Win the reverse fixtures in the second half of the season and it's going to be looking good.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #227: Nov 04, 2018 05:43:18 pm
      Our front 3 and back 5 are probably in the top 5 of world football, but what is stopping us from reaching the next level is our midfield. Once Klopp figures out the best combination and setup, I have no doubt it will be the final piece of the jigsaw.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #228: Nov 04, 2018 05:47:20 pm
      Our front 3 and back 5 are probably in the top 5 of world football, but what is stopping us from reaching the next level is our midfield. Once Klopp figures out the best combination and setup, I have no doubt it will be the final piece of the jigsaw.

Will be to late by the time it is sorted we needed the combination to work from the off go which sadly has not worked due to a mix of injuries and form
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #229: Nov 04, 2018 08:42:28 pm
      Yep, I think we have seen a shift to a less aggressive more defense minded set up this season.

Just posted similar in the match day thread, however look on the bright side we have played 4 major rivals and haven't lost any.

Win the reverse fixtures in the second half of the season and it's going to be looking good.

I would agree with that, it's also possible that Koop is looking at the longer-term fitness challenges of playing that way. When we hit the Champions League break I expect us to revert to the 'rock n roll' press we are soused to seeing.

Quick Reply