Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 189820 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #253: Nov 28, 2018 07:56:26 pm
      Big test for the boss today, been poor in Europe this season away from home, more than ever we need that changed today.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #254: Nov 28, 2018 10:01:04 pm
      Big test for the boss today, been poor in Europe this season away from home, more than ever we need that changed today.

Big test failed. As much as we praise the boss, it has to go both ways and tonight he got the team selection completely wrong. Lovren, Hendo, either Milner/Gini shouldn’t have started. TAA, Keita and Shaq/Fab should have. He needs to start putting some faith into the players he signed in the summer and stop breaking up a rock solid defensive pairing to make room for Lovren.

Onto the Derby...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #255: Nov 28, 2018 10:01:56 pm
      Big test failed. As much as we praise the boss, it has to go both ways and tonight he got the team selection completely wrong. Lovren, Hendo, either Milner/Gini shouldn’t have started. TAA, Keita and Shaq/Fab should have. He needs to start putting some faith into the players he signed in the summer and stop breaking up a rock solid defensive pairing to make room for Lovren.

Onto the Derby...

Hopefully he sees that after tonight’s result
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #256: Nov 28, 2018 10:03:07 pm
      Time to wake the F**k up Jürgen and start fielding your best team each game.

Lovren, Hendo and Gini do not feature in this.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #257: Nov 28, 2018 10:04:43 pm
      Time to wake the f**k up Jürgen and start fielding your best team each game.

Attn FSG:  Fire Jürgen and hire Bazspeedman.  He's clearly more qualified!! 🙄
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #258: Nov 28, 2018 10:27:07 pm
      Attn FSG:  Fire Jürgen and hire Bazspeedman.  He's clearly more qualified!! 🙄

Attn everyone: harry dunno08 is a fan of mediocrity.

harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #259: Nov 28, 2018 10:33:08 pm
      Attn everyone: harry dunno08 is a fan of mediocrity.

Nah mate.  We've been on an upward trajectory since the day Jürgen signed on.  There will always be bumps in the road, but we are on the right road.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #260: Nov 29, 2018 01:22:43 am
      Time to wake the f**k up Jürgen and start fielding your best team each game.

I am a big fan of Klopp, as must of us are,love the man, his style, attitude, passion,humour he has taken Liverpool a long way in a short time, and carried us along with them.

But for the first time I am beginning to ask myself if he is truly the right person to get us back to the top of the Premier league. Not the first time I have found his team selection baffling (starting 11), his substitutions, and the Team selection. (bench)
      I know that Firmino and Salah are not firing but klopp team choices are not helping them...

Let's hope that he can turn things around
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #261: Nov 29, 2018 01:31:42 am

But for the first time I am beginning to ask myself if he is truly the right person to get us back to the top of the Premier league.

😂
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #262: Nov 29, 2018 01:32:44 am
      I am a big fan of Klopp, as must of us are,love the man, his style, attitude, passion,humour he has taken Liverpool a long way in a short time, and carried us along with them.

But for the first time I am beginning to ask myself if he is truly the right person to get us back to the top of the Premier league. Not the first time I have found his team selection baffling (starting 11), his substitutions, and the Team selection. (bench)
      I know that Firmino and Salah are not firing but klopp team choices are not helping them...

Let's hope that he can turn things around

For F**k's sake. Go change your tampon and get your sh*t together.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #263: Nov 29, 2018 03:02:56 am
      Not a fan of Gomez on the right at all it just seems like a square peg in a round hole and it seems to be our only go to option for suring up the back. It's just not working.

If he has no faith in Trent he needs to either try out Clyne (if he's fit I haven't a clue what's happened to him) or we need to bring in a more defensive minded full back for these sort of games.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #264: Nov 29, 2018 03:26:20 am
      Not a fan of Gomez on the right at all it just seems like a square peg in a round hole and it seems to be our only go to option for suring up the back. It's just not working.

If he has no faith in Trent he needs to either try out Clyne (if he's fit I haven't a clue what's happened to him) or we need to bring in a more defensive minded full back for these sort of games.

I don’t think it’s a case of not trusting Trent because he done so well when it mattered last season, I think it’s more a case of trying to keep Lovren happy and concentrated more than anything...for some reason. See no other reason why he’d break up the solid pairing otherwise, makes no sense, especially when Trent has started to pick his form up now.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #265: Nov 29, 2018 08:21:48 am
      I don’t think it’s a case of not trusting Trent because he done so well when it mattered last season, I think it’s more a case of trying to keep Lovren happy and concentrated more than anything...for some reason. See no other reason why he’d break up the solid pairing otherwise, makes no sense, especially when Trent has started to pick his form up now.

Trent has not been ripping up trees in fact he's been average at best . His first half showing was poor v Watford and the fact he scored only hid this . We need another RB to compete with him as he cannot be relied upon to take the burden all season
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #266: Nov 29, 2018 08:23:12 am
      Trent has not been ripping up trees in fact he's been average at best . His first half showing was poor v Watford and the fact he scored only hid this . We need another RB to compete with him as he cannot be relied upon to take the burden all season

He’s a top talent but I agree his actual overall performances have been very mixed this season. Great moments in poor games etc.....
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #267: Nov 29, 2018 08:23:46 am

I don't think it's to do with Dejan tbh. We've already seen Matip come on for Trent and Gomez put out on the right when we've been protecting slender leads a few times this season back when Lovren was injured.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #268: Nov 29, 2018 08:26:55 am
      Trent’s defensive lines are suspect - he was worried about leaving too much space when they sprung in my opinion.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #269: Nov 29, 2018 09:52:51 am
      Its hindsight to complain now, but im almost sure that more than 70% on here would have known that JK would put Gomez at RB for this match, he has done it before against teams who look to attack down the flanks. Joe is more solid defensively and we sacrifice Trent's crossing and attacking ability as a result.
      I personally dont think Lovren did anything wrong last night, the first goal was due to a poor clearance by Virgil and both plays came down Joe's side.

The biggest problem for me remains in midfield and as we all have said many times, the Hendo-Gini-Milner combo just doesnt offer much in attack. Their biggest strength is their industry and it was actually alarming how easily Verrati and Di Maria played through them and ran past them. It almost appeared as if Hendo's legs had gone coz he couldnt keep up.

I would like to see JK mix it up and play Keita for a consistent run of matches to see if he can provide a better link between midfield and attack coz our front 3 are not even getting supply and are forced to create their own opportunities.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #270: Nov 29, 2018 11:26:41 am
      For f**k's sake. Go change your tampon and get your sh*t together.
      He has gotten many things wrong this season playing Henderson,Gini, and Milner together in midfield is perhaps his worst.
      The fall off in chances created for the front three is lower when playing these three midfielders yet he persists in playing them when other choices are available... He does not seem to learn

Not taking Shaqiri to Belgrade... He would not be in the position that we are now had we not lose to Red Star instead starting Lallana a head of Fab' or Keita and Sturrigde ahead of Firmino, and failing to respond quicker when changes needed to be made

These things are down to Klopp, and he needs to set things straight. We need to stop being second best
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #271: Nov 29, 2018 11:33:21 am
      He has gotten many things wrong this season playing Henderson,Gini, and Milner together in midfield is perhaps his worst.
      The fall off in chances created for the front three is lower when playing these three midfielders yet he persists in playing them when other choices are available... He does not seem to learn

Not taking Shaqiri to Belgrade... He would not be in the position that we are now had we not lose to Red Star instead starting Lallana a head of Fab' or Keita and Sturrigde ahead of Firmino, and failing to respond quicker when changes needed to be made

These things are down to Klopp, and he needs to set things straight. We need to stop being second best

You’re right bring back Hodgson.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #272: Nov 29, 2018 11:40:00 am
      You’re right bring back Hodgson.

Yep unbeaten in league in December. F**k me.

Plus - we all agree that midfield is functional at best.

However the alternatives are NOT yet up to speed so wtf really were his options?

Keita only just back, Fab very clearly still adjusting and Shaq isn’t a midfielder yet and would’ve been mauled from start last night.

Yes - the boss makes mistakes but I can’t fault him for thinking that was his best option AT THE MOMENT last night.

We were sh*te except Alisson, Robbo, Sadio and to a lesser extent Mo.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #273: Nov 29, 2018 11:41:46 am
      Liverpool have swung, in general terms, from gung ho attack to a far more solid side (last nights result aside perhaps - although I'd imagine many other PL teams would have conceded more than twice).

The pendulum just needs swinging back a little the other way.  Fabinho/Keita have not hugely lit up the side like many were expecting to and I genuinely believe we are missing Oxlade-Chamberlain who did so well coming and replacing Coutinho in the line up.  A lot of people were on Emre Can's back - but he was another midfielder who liked to release the ball quickly.  (Seen glimpses of it from Naby at times).

Hopefully we will gradually get there and the two midfielders mentioned above have the same second half season impact that Ox had last season.

We've had our best ever PL start when not playing brilliant.  Surely that is an incredibly positive thing?

We can sit around and bash Hendo/Milner/Gini partnership all day but the players behind them are, from what I've seen, not exactly busting down the door to get in the side.  Shaqiri for instance, was average when he came on and gave far too many balls away.  Everton at Anfield however is likely to be more up his street.

Yep unbeaten in league in December. F**k me.

Think there may have been some sarcasm in that post.  (I think).
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #274: Nov 29, 2018 12:04:01 pm
      Think there may have been some sarcasm in that post.  (I think).

More derision - what I really meant was “we’re unbeaten in the league and we’re in December.....that is really sh*te yeh......🙄”

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #275: Nov 29, 2018 12:51:02 pm

Exactly. However, I noticed something where both Gini and Milner can actually attack given the freedom and provide support to the front line. I suspect Klopp has instructed them to sit deep when they are no DM. Square peg in round holes.

Quick Reply