Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 189194 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #299: Nov 29, 2018 11:14:24 pm

It's not unimportant as many of you think. The "If" can give u valueable information and predicting power. Just look at United last season. They were playing like us this season in the league but everyone could see it's just a matter of time till they hit the wall and this season it came true. The same I say about our team. We will get huge troubles if Jürgen thinks like some here and doesn't care about the "If".

That said I hope Keita continues to develop. He's the man that could put Henderson/Milner to the bench (I'd rather see Henderson get axed than Milner).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #300: Nov 29, 2018 11:26:53 pm
      I don't think it's to do with Dejan tbh. We've already seen Matip come on for Trent and Gomez put out on the right when we've been protecting slender leads a few times this season back when Lovren was injured.

Matip came on because Lovren was unavailable.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #301: Nov 30, 2018 12:16:12 am
      Not sure what Klopp was thinking last night. Moving Gomez to RB, Lovren pairing with Van Dijk, boring midfield... threw it away before kick off. Subs were too late then he got himself suspended for the Napoli game.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #302: Nov 30, 2018 06:47:16 am
      For all his eccentricities he can be very predictable sometimes.
      I predicted, as well as I’m sure many others that exact starting 11 on Wednesday. By and large you know what you get from a Klopp side : 4-3-3. Same front 3 most of the time, you can predict 3 of the back 4 and more often than not, and especially against the better teams a highly functional midfield 3. He will almost never make a non enforced change at half time or before 60/65 mins (even though we were god awful in the 1st half on Wed). Seldom will we switch formation
      I think he needs to be a bit more innovative at times and bolder in his decision making. Look at how Citeh set up at Anfield this season. Basically played 3-5-2 and squeezed the life out of our attack.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #303: Nov 30, 2018 07:24:15 am
      Matip came on because Lovren was unavailable.

Yeah thats what i mean so how can it be to do with Dejan when he was doing the same tactic before he was fit?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #304: Nov 30, 2018 07:31:55 am
      Fergie IS one

Jimmy Krankie DOESN’T have one

Bonnie Prince Charlie LIKED one

Let’s go with “Boaby”.......

*not to be confused with Bobby Firmino as shouting out “yes Boaby” in a Glaswegian accent after a goal has caused confusion.........

Boaby 😂

Reminds me of Still Game.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #305: Nov 30, 2018 07:50:55 am
      Quote from German_Panzer
      The "If" can give u valueable information and predicting power. Just look at United last season. They were playing like us this season in the league but everyone could see it's just a matter of time till they hit the wall and this season it came true. The same I say about our team.

They self-imploded, and very little of it has to do with what happens on the pitch. They are on their 4th coach in 5 years, they went for the quick fix and when they didn't get it, they imploded. We went for team building and steady progression. It's taken us over 3 years to get a team that is ready to challenge. It's slow and it takes time, too much time for you obviously, but the way we've gone about trying to get us there is far more likely to keep us there longer than what the mancs did.

We're not expected to win the league this year and despite what you post, it's not the end of the world if we don't. We're 12 months ahead of schedule. But I would much prefer to be where we are now, compared to where we used to be.

Quote from The Real Donavan Ried
      for the first time I am beginning to ask myself if he is truly the right person to get us back to the top of the Premier league.

Let's hope that he can turn things around

This old chestnut every time we drop the ball.

Like last year, our group is the only group with no teams qualified after 5 games. There has not been a single away win in the group. That tells you what kind of group it is.

In what has been a "home teams" group, we're fortunate enough to have the last game at home, where 1 point is enough to still play in Europe after Christmas, and 1 goal is enough to still play in the European Cup. We beat this lot 5-0 in August, so we're well capable of getting the result we need. Then we can park it for a couple of months and concentrate on getting back to the top of the EPL.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #306: Nov 30, 2018 09:45:51 am
      We could go unbeaten the whole season and still end up outside the top four, top six even

Except we’re 2nd, so your point is irrelevant.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #307: Nov 30, 2018 09:48:22 am

If we go the whole season unbeaten and finish worse than 2nd I’ll wear a Jimmy Savile mask for the rest of 2019..........
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #308: Nov 30, 2018 10:18:12 am
      If we go the whole season unbeaten and finish worse than 2nd I’ll wear a Jimmy Savile mask for the rest of 2019..........

You mightn't make it to the end of the year wearing that mate.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #309: Nov 30, 2018 10:20:34 am

This old chestnut every time we drop the ball.

Like last year, our group is the only group with no teams qualified after 5 games. There has not been a single away win in the group. That tells you what kind of group it is.

In what has been a "home teams" group, we're fortunate enough to have the last game at home, where 1 point is enough to still play in Europe after Christmas, and 1 goal is enough to still play in the European Cup. We beat this lot 5-0 in August, so we're well capable of getting the result we need. Then we can park it for a couple of months and concentrate on getting back to the top of the EPL.

This is the first time that I have said this, although I don't believe that it was aimed at me in particular....
      This is not just about the other night and definitely not just about losing or not winning games, although it would be a lie if i said it had nothing at  all to do with it.

What it is about are the choices Klopp is making at present, starting line ups, who he has on the bench, subs' who and when and the reasons for them, Games where we are 1 goal up and he replaces a striker with a defender, or we are a goal down and he pulls off and attack team choice Everyone can see that we are not creating enough chances at present, and that we create less chances with Henderson,Gini and Milner all playing at the same time. Yet he stick to it stubbornly even when he has other options...

He comes across as naive in some respect tactical wise, not thinking how some teams will set up against  us and therefor not putting in place a starting 11 more capable of playing against that team

Not shipping out players that needed to go.

Just so many little things that when put together are starting to add up...

He needs to be a bit ruthless in his transfer dealings (Players out). Problem there is he is such an all round nice guy.
      i.e not taking Shaqiri to Belgrade.... Now i think that we all understood the reasons why he did not do this, and the Humanity in us all totally agreed, but most manager would have taken him and even played him, which would have been the right thing to do. Klopp is too nice a person.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #310: Nov 30, 2018 10:21:20 am
      You mightn't make it to the end of the year wearing that mate.

Now then

;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4927 
      Reply #311: Nov 30, 2018 10:26:14 am
      Boaby 😂

Reminds me of Still Game.

Me too. First thing I thought of. :D

Love Still Game.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #312: Nov 30, 2018 10:27:43 am
      2nd now...
      My point is that unbeaten means F**k all in the case where winning is is the gold
      City  are also unbeaten and are 2 points a head..
      Spurs sit in 3rd, three points behind us and have lost 3 games

Unbeaten means F**k all unless you win the Premier League
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #313: Nov 30, 2018 10:28:26 am
      No one deserve to do that  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #314: Nov 30, 2018 11:06:28 am

Unbeaten means f**k all unless you win the Premier League

No..It means we’re unbeaten..😎

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #315: Nov 30, 2018 11:12:58 am

Yep and predicting a 5th or 6th place finish after an unbeaten season means you’re an hyperbolic idiot.

F**k me there’ll all at it
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #316: Nov 30, 2018 11:23:23 am
      Yep and predicting a 5th or 6th place finish after an unbeaten season means you’re an hyperbolic idiot.

F**k me there’ll all at it

Some have seriously lost the plot..If its not Hendo, it’s Klopp,his substitutions,team selections,in game management,one dimensional,Buvac being missed...😂
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #317: Nov 30, 2018 12:02:03 pm
      Some have seriously lost the plot..If its not Hendo, it’s Klopp,his substitutions,team selections,in game management,one dimensional,Buvac being missed...😂

It's what happens when people who don't really know anything try to fill their knowledge gap with hyperbole.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #318: Nov 30, 2018 01:38:58 pm
      Would think Jürgen is getting a bit frustrated by our form up front. After being brilliant last season, particularly in the CL, the front 3 haven't got going this season. Jürgen has at various stages said supportive things to the media about Mo mainly, but also about Bob - hasn't had much to say about Sadio as he's been doing OK.

He's been playing them week in week out pretty much and we're doing enough to keep pace with City - putting away the teams we would expect to win against, but then in the tougher/bigger games [PL and CL] the 3 lads aren't linking up, making enough chances, getting enough shots on target, scoring enough, to win those games for us.

It's a pity, for so long we scored loads of goals but leaked at the back. Roles have kind of reversed now - the difference being before the defence was strengthened we knew they weren't good enough - but we KNOW the lads up front are good enough, we're just going thro a period where 2 of em are out of form at the same time. And sort of just waiting for them to click, move up the gears [choose your cliché] etc.

The CL is in the balance. We can still go thro. And we're still in with a shout in the PL.
      Wonder if Jürgen would consider going out and getting a striker in Jan? Studge is a sub, don't think he's a regular starter in a side that wants to win the PL. That's kind of it, there's no other strikers to choose from [based on games so far and Jurgens choices]
      We signed VVD in Jan, that made a massive difference. Though he's a brilliant player and we had to fork out a lot. Still, a new guy who could nick more goals than say Bob right now, and who had a decent work ethic, would give us a new option. And maybe give the dressing room a lift.

About a month back I was thinking the front 3 just needed time. But it's taking a bit longer than expected. And maybe this weekend might be the one were they hit better form. But if it goes on, would be interested to see if Jürgen brings someone in.
      Though if I had to predict, don't think he will...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #319: Nov 30, 2018 03:19:40 pm
      Would think Jürgen is getting a bit frustrated by our form up front. After being brilliant last season, particularly in the CL, the front 3 haven't got going this season. Jürgen has at various stages said supportive things to the media about Mo mainly, but also about Bob - hasn't had much to say about Sadio as he's been doing OK.

He's been playing them week in week out pretty much and we're doing enough to keep pace with City - putting away the teams we would expect to win against, but then in the tougher/bigger games [PL and CL] the 3 lads aren't linking up, making enough chances, getting enough shots on target, scoring enough, to win those games for us.

It's a pity, for so long we scored loads of goals but leaked at the back. Roles have kind of reversed now - the difference being before the defence was strengthened we knew they weren't good enough - but we KNOW the lads up front are good enough, we're just going thro a period where 2 of em are out of form at the same time. And sort of just waiting for them to click, move up the gears [choose your cliché] etc.

The CL is in the balance. We can still go thro. And we're still in with a shout in the PL.
      Wonder if Jürgen would consider going out and getting a striker in Jan? Studge is a sub, don't think he's a regular starter in a side that wants to win the PL. That's kind of it, there's no other strikers to choose from [based on games so far and Jurgens choices]
      We signed VVD in Jan, that made a massive difference. Though he's a brilliant player and we had to fork out a lot. Still, a new guy who could nick more goals than say Bob right now, and who had a decent work ethic, would give us a new option. And maybe give the dressing room a lift.

About a month back I was thinking the front 3 just needed time. But it's taking a bit longer than expected. And maybe this weekend might be the one were they hit better form. But if it goes on, would be interested to see if Jürgen brings someone in.
      Though if I had to predict, don't think he will...

I keep saying it, but it bears repeating; we need that runner from midfield. Ox did it superbly last season, but Keita has yet to force his way in as the runner.
      From the clips I've seen, he's really good at it and also uses the ball well in the final 3rd.
      Hoping we can see more of him soon.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #320: Nov 30, 2018 06:17:10 pm
      It's not about our front 3. Front 3 is unloaded thanks to a lackluster midfield. Nice try to deflect the blame away from Henderson though. Some real crap talk thinking we can't perform without Ox when we have Keita. Manager's made mistakes but he'll learn.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #321: Nov 30, 2018 08:03:48 pm
      Yeah, and Brexit means Brexit

Quick Reply