Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186558 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #345: Nov 30, 2018 10:48:31 pm
      I make computers 0.0001% faster .... :f_whistle:
      Mainly working on CPU scheduling algorithms and things like that.

Interesting.

For a big company (won’t ask whom - Christ knows what crazy people read this) or a small business?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #346: Nov 30, 2018 10:48:33 pm
      Retail mate.

Background in business and management liabilities.

Having a bit of a mid-life crisis at the mo though and thinking about a fresh start.

Do something for the soul before it’s too late.......probably won’t but definitely thinking about it ;)
      Management is something I always avoided, have to be more of a people person.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #347: Nov 30, 2018 10:50:43 pm
      Management is something I always avoided, have to be more of a people person.

That bit I love - people support and development.

Just a bit jaded at the moment with the cyclical nature of it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #348: Nov 30, 2018 10:55:47 pm
      Interesting.

For a big company (won’t ask whom - Christ knows what crazy people read this) or a small business?
      Big company, I always preferred to be a small fish in a big pond rather than a big fish in a small pond.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #349: Nov 30, 2018 10:58:26 pm
      Big company, I always preferred to be a small fish in a big pond rather than a big fish in a small pond.

Cool. That gives me a bit more understanding.

Career planning via TV sitcom is a new one mind.......bold 😲
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #350: Nov 30, 2018 11:00:09 pm
      Retail mate.

Background in business and management liabilities.

Having a bit of a mid-life crisis at the mo though and thinking about a fresh start.

Do something for the soul before it’s too late.......probably won’t but definitely thinking about it ;)

Is that part of the risk assessment process for loans etc?
      I don't know anything about it really, but I remember years ago when I borrowed some money for the company, I had to have my accounts "risk assessed". They used another term for it, but the fella that I spoke to said that's what it basically was.

A friend of my wifes went to work for a charity for autistic children, as a fundraiser.
      It's non profit, and they have to compete like crazy for grants, but she finds it rewarding.
      The context is that she'd been some sort of banker (not retail), and while she wasn't rich, she wasn't skint either and it was a bit of a gamble for her.
      The point being, I think most drastic career changes before pension are a gamble.

On the flip side, the fella I did the Camino with was 22 years a Marine, and gets around 12k a year pension, owns his house.
      He works when he wants to, doing whatever he fancies, he's off on a motorbike trek to the Arctic Circle in a month or 2 riding up through the Nordic countries.
      He's living his dream in other words, but he has a solid pension and his house that he owes nothing on to fall back on should he ever need to, and he's not 50 yet, so as he says himself, "plenty of time to do something I like if I find it."
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #351: Nov 30, 2018 11:06:54 pm
      That bit I love - people support and development.

Just a bit jaded at the moment with the cyclical nature of it.
      Anything finance related is always cynical.
      I remember my first ever job long before graduating, I used to have to cross check signatures for fraud, I am guessing computers do that now.
      Walked out in the first week because sales team had targets on the wall about how much money they would make for the company.
      It is not the competitive nature what bothered me, it is that they were feeding clients utter bull crap to give them worst possible rates on loans.
      Company was probably ruining peoples lives to rake in fortunes, so couldn't ethically stay there.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #352: Nov 30, 2018 11:07:36 pm
      Is that part of the risk assessment process for loans etc?
      I don't know anything about it really, but I remember years ago when I borrowed some money for the company, I had to have my accounts "risk assessed". They used another term for it, but the fella that I spoke to said that's what it basically was.

A friend of my wifes went to work for a charity for autistic children, as a fundraiser.
      It's non profit, and they have to compete like crazy for grants, but she finds it rewarding.
      The context is that she'd been some sort of banker (not retail), and while she wasn't rich, she wasn't skint either and it was a bit of a gamble for her.
      The point being, I think most drastic career changes before pension are a gamble.

On the flip side, the fella I did the Camino with was 22 years a Marine, and gets around 12k a year pension, owns his house.
      He works when he wants to, doing whatever he fancies, he's off on a motorbike trek to the Arctic Circle in a month or 2 riding up through the Nordic countries.
      He's living his dream in other words, but he has a solid pension and his house that he owes nothing on to fall back on should he ever need to, and he's not 50 yet, so as he says himself, plenty of time to do something I like if I find it.

Not really - I have had some experience of scoring systems etc but more from a sales management perspective.

I’m in product / proposition development - working out what people need and how we can get it to them simply and efficiently to make money.

I’m 48 and whilst I’ve been lucky and this is a good living it’s never been a vocation. I wanna retire in 10 years max and just working the options through at the moment.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #353: Nov 30, 2018 11:10:29 pm
      Anything finance related is always cynical.
      I remember my first ever job I used to have to cross check signatures for fraud, I am guessing computers do that now.
      Walked out in the first week because sales team had targets on the wall about how much money they would make for the company.
      It is not the competitive nature what bothered me, it is that they were feeding clients utter bull crap to give them worst possible rates on loans.
      Company was probably ruining peoples lives to rake in fortunes, so couldn't ethically stay there.

I did mean cyclical to be fair - 12 month investment budgets and repetitive governance forums etc.....but you’re right that the industry has made terrible mistakes.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #354: Nov 30, 2018 11:19:03 pm
      Not really - I have had some experience of scoring systems etc but more from a sales management perspective.

I’m in product / proposition development - working out what people need and how we can get it to them simply and efficiently to make money.

I’m 48 and whilst I’ve been lucky and this is a good living it’s never been a vocation. I wanna retire in 10 years max and just working the options through at the moment.

OK, I think I understand, if I can use an analogy, kind of Banking R&D?

I retired a few years back, around the time I joined this forum (I was bored).
      I was extremely lucky, and managed to make money out of the 2008 crash, thanks to a golfing mate.
      I really wish I'd kept going, but it was time for my son to take over the business; he's much better at the management side, and has diversified us as well, with a strong focus on sustainable and "green" building, using low carbon materials and renewables (inc energy) as much as possible. It's his passion, but it leaves me cold, being an old bricks and mortar man.
      I've tried to find different things to do, but the plain fact is, at heart, I'm a simple bog paddy and finding something that makes me feel passionate seems impossible, if I'm not already into it.
      In other words, I should have had a plan before packing in something I genuinely loved.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #355: Dec 01, 2018 05:50:08 am
      I did mean cyclical to be fair - 12 month investment budgets and repetitive governance forums etc.....but you’re right that the industry has made terrible mistakes.

I work in governance, depends on what you’re doing with it, governance can be extremely dull and ‘box ticking’ but I enjoy the theory behind it and the impact it has on the bigger picture.

Rip played a blinder here, getting stick and we end up all talking about our careers instead :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #356: Dec 01, 2018 07:13:22 am
      I work in governance, depends on what you’re doing with it, governance can be extremely dull and ‘box ticking’ but I enjoy the theory behind it and the impact it has on the bigger picture.

Rip played a blinder here, getting stick and we end up all talking about our careers instead :D

Yeh wasn't the principle mate - it was the cycle year on year etc. I've been doing it a long time.......

It was me who pursued it with Ribs - there has to be a human behind the noise, right? ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #357: Dec 01, 2018 07:29:44 am
      OK, I think I understand, if I can use an analogy, kind of Banking R&D?

I retired a few years back, around the time I joined this forum (I was bored).
      I was extremely lucky, and managed to make money out of the 2008 crash, thanks to a golfing mate.
      I really wish I'd kept going, but it was time for my son to take over the business; he's much better at the management side, and has diversified us as well, with a strong focus on sustainable and "green" building, using low carbon materials and renewables (inc energy) as much as possible. It's his passion, but it leaves me cold, being an old bricks and mortar man.
      I've tried to find different things to do, but the plain fact is, at heart, I'm a simple bog paddy and finding something that makes me feel passionate seems impossible, if I'm not already into it.
      In other words, I should have had a plan before packing in something I genuinely loved.

Yeh that's part of it - I  design and am responsible for the do the end to end build too.  Every word a kid in a uniform is allowed to say to a customer (to inform them) has to be considered and tested.....likewise every key stroke online. 

I just stumbled into a career when I met the missus and needed to provide - turned out I wasn't bad at it but in truth I love the coaching / development stuff and wish I'd gone into consultancy work or set up something myself. Trouble is I don't have an entreprenureal bone in my body.......

Ach well - here's to a late onset mid-life crisis :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #358: Dec 01, 2018 08:40:17 am
      Anyway, back to Kloppoball.

Quote from The Real Donavan Ried
      This is the first time that I have said this, although I don't believe that it was aimed at me in particular....
      This is not just about the other night and definitely not just about losing or not winning games, although it would be a lie if i said it had nothing at  all to do with it.

Not shipping out players that needed to go. He needs to be a bit ruthless in his transfer dealings (Players out). Problem there is he is such an all round nice guy.
      i.e not taking Shaqiri to Belgrade.... Now i think that we all understood the reasons why he did not do this, and the Humanity in us all totally agreed, but most manager would have taken him and even played him, which would have been the right thing to do.

If you understand it, why are you questioning the decision? We lost in Belgrade, because after the home game most people assumed it was an easy three points. I certainly didn't, as history tells us that getting a result from Belgrade is never easy, we found that out the hard way, and PSG probably won't find it easy out there either. The result had nothing to do with Shaq staying at home.

We ship at least 10-15 players out every summer, but if players are under contract, they can only go if we want to sell, someone wants to buy, and the player wants to go. And understandably, not many players want to go away, with Klopp in charge.

10 years ago, we all sat through another 0-0 borefest at home to West Ham, for which the team were rightly booed off. 5 years ago, Skrtel was scoring own goals while we were getting nothing at Hull. As it stands today, we're 2 points from the top of the league, 1 goal from the next round of the European Cup, made our best ever start to the league, with more goals scored and less conceded than at the same point last season. We can't do much about City's results, but we're making a lot of progress. It's not that long ago since we were wondering can we make the top 4, instead of can we win the league? We've come a long way since then.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #359: Dec 01, 2018 11:36:21 am
      And as if right on cue, here’s our Jürgen exposing why we had to change our style and why anyone who thought we would do that whilst seamlessly maintaining the fluency in attack is a numpty;

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11568131/Jürgen-klopp-exclusive-liverpool-boss-on-why-the-team-had-to-evolve?basketId=11669

And a separate one where he makes clear that Naby and Fabinho will be involved in due course;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/30/Jürgen-klopp-bristles-criticism-liverpool-midfielders-ahead/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

So presumably that now settles the nonsense about Fabinho being ‘frozen out’ and the reasons behind us not twatting every team 6 0 this year.
      « Last Edit: Dec 01, 2018 01:52:22 pm by RedWilly »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #360: Dec 01, 2018 12:36:47 pm
      And as if right on cue, here’s our Jürgen exposing why we had to change our style and why anyone who thought we would do that whilst seamlessly maintaining the fluency in attack is a numpty;

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11568131/Jürgen-klopp-exclusive-liverpool-boss-on-why-the-team-had-to-evolve?basketId=11669

And a separate one where he makes clear that Naby and Fabinho will be involved in due course;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/30/Jürgen-klopp-bristles-criticism-liverpool-midfielders-ahead/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

So presumably that now settles the nonsense about Fabinho ring ‘frozen out’ and the reasons behind us not testing every team 6 0 this year.

I keep posting about the importance of building pressure and creating space by using possession, but it just gets ignored in favour of the witch hunt, just as the importance of a midfield runner gets ignored.

I really want to start seeing Keita soon though, because I think he can make a big difference in breaking the lines and creating space for the forwards, just as Ox did last season, and in a different way, Coutinho as well.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #361: Dec 01, 2018 12:48:16 pm
      I keep saying it, but it bears repeating; we need that runner from midfield. Ox did it superbly last season, but Keita has yet to force his way in as the runner.
      From the clips I've seen, he's really good at it and also uses the ball well in the final 3rd.
      Hoping we can see more of him soon.

Sure, we miss Ox, and could do with the Keita we thought we signed.
      But last season we had no Keita and I don't reckon Ox was the reason we were blowing teams away, scoring shedloads.
      Imho the front 3's form is well below it was at its best last season, all other things being relatively equal.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #362: Dec 01, 2018 01:35:31 pm
      I keep posting about the importance of building pressure and creating space by using possession, but it just gets ignored in favour of the witch hunt, just as the importance of a midfield runner gets ignored.

I really want to start seeing Keita soon though, because I think he can make a big difference in breaking the lines and creating space for the forwards, just as Ox did last season, and in a different way, Coutinho as well.
      so, who would you drop to fit Keita in?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #363: Dec 01, 2018 01:51:05 pm
      Sure, we miss Ox, and could do with the Keita we thought we signed.
      But last season we had no Keita and I don't reckon Ox was the reason we were blowing teams away, scoring shedloads.
      Imho the front 3's form is well below it was at its best last season, all other things being relatively equal.

Fair enough mate, I see it differently, in that the runner creates the space the front 3 need to really thrive and score lots of goals.
      It's one of the things that works well against bus parkers, and gives us another dimension.
      I mean, if a runner breaks that first defensive line, the 2nd line has to react, which opens up some space.

Other things were different last season as well of course, in that a lot of teams were more open against us, whereas now, we see a lot more bus parking.
      We're more solid defensively as well, and yes some of that is VVD and Alisson, but some of it is also a change in how we play generally, with the midfield 3 closer to the CB's.

I suppose it comes down to Klopp wanting to balance the team between attack and defense which always takes a bit of time to get right, especially when new players are being integrated as well.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #364: Dec 01, 2018 01:57:40 pm
      so, who would you drop to fit Keita in?

Who would you drop Rib? :f_tongueincheek:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #365: Dec 01, 2018 02:20:11 pm
      Hendo, it's obvious. Shabs and Swab both keep saying about a runner, both have not specified who they would drop, they've been asked half a dozen times. I'll continue to ask everyone they say we need a runner, I doubt they'll answer though...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #366: Dec 01, 2018 02:21:42 pm
      Hendo, it's obvious. Shabs and Swab both keep saying about a runner, both have not specified who they would drop, they've been asked half a dozen times. I'll continue to ask everyone they say we need a runner.

I've answered this question a few times.
      I'm not under any obligation to keep doing it just because you're too F***ing lazy to look.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #367: Dec 01, 2018 02:22:27 pm
      I've answered this question a few times.
      I'm not under any obligation to keep doing it just because you're too f**king lazy to look.
      you answered 0 times. Name the player then?...

Quick Reply