Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186570 times
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #552: Jan 04, 2019 11:38:22 am
      Lost one game, get rid now...I mean right now, seriously, get Mourinho in, Klopp's bottled it...la la la la la

This ain't the knee jerk thread :f_doh:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #553: Jan 04, 2019 12:38:24 pm
      This ain't the knee jerk thread :f_doh:

Damn...I wasted my knee jerk reaction. Might as well keep Klopp now.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #554: Jan 04, 2019 01:55:41 pm
      I think that Klopp got the midfield wrong or he was out-mastered by Pep. We all will learn from this and we need to get back to winning against Brighton.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #555: Jan 04, 2019 01:57:31 pm
      Lost a game and loaned out our 4th choice RB.

Honestly - I don’t think he knows what he’s doing.

His head’s gone.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #556: Jan 04, 2019 02:01:19 pm
      Lost a game and loaned out our 4th choice RB.

Honestly - I don’t think he knows what he’s doing.

His head’s gone.
      not sure his heads gone, but as good as Klopp is he is prone to errors. I think house line up was wrong yesterday and this loan will be a mistake too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #557: Jan 04, 2019 02:03:13 pm
      not sure his heads gone, but as good as Klopp is he is prone to errors. I think house line up was wrong yesterday and this loan will be a mistake too.

He wasn’t being serious mate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #558: Jan 04, 2019 02:03:19 pm
      I think that Klopp got the midfield wrong or he was out-mastered by Pep. We all will learn from this and we need to get back to winning against Brighton.

Mate, we had 51% possession (BBC) and created enough chances to win against one of the best teams in the world, while they scored out of nowhere from a worldie, and a mistake from our defense.

The midfield was not the problem; a lack of luck was the only thing that lost us that game.
      On another day, Stones is a fraction of a second later getting that ball.
      On another day, his clearance doesn't go between Salah's legs.
      On another day, hit the inside of the post and the ball goes in (like Sane's did)

The midfield did exactly what it was supposed to do, it's just that some can't see it.

We were neither outfought, nor out-thought, we just didn't get the rub of the green.
      Simple as that.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #559: Jan 04, 2019 02:04:33 pm

Actually mate I thought I was being utterly absurdist - like padded cell tonto ya know ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #560: Jan 04, 2019 02:07:21 pm
      Actually mate I thought I was being utterly absurdist - like padded cell tonto ya know ;)
      i originally thought you were being sarcastic but you put the word honestly which caused me to think you were being serious.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #561: Jan 04, 2019 02:24:20 pm
      Posts deleted. Leave the bickering at the door.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #562: Jan 04, 2019 06:33:46 pm
      Mate, we had 51% possession (BBC) and created enough chances to win against one of the best teams in the world, while they scored out of nowhere from a worldie, and a mistake from our defense.

The midfield was not the problem; a lack of luck was the only thing that lost us that game.
      On another day, Stones is a fraction of a second later getting that ball.
      On another day, his clearance doesn't go between Salah's legs.
      On another day, hit the inside of the post and the ball goes in (like Sane's did)

The midfield did exactly what it was supposed to do, it's just that some can't see it.

We were neither outfought, nor out-thought, we just didn't get the rub of the green.
      Simple as that.

Honestly, you're covered your eyes for a majority of the game. Our midfield offers nothing. We lacked luck for sure but Fabinho had to play from the start. We let them control the game because our midfield were lacking balls to show them who we are. They showed them too much respect.

Solanke's move won't effect us but Clyne's will bite us. Hope that I'm totally wrong.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #563: Jan 04, 2019 06:43:53 pm
      Honestly, you're covered your eyes for a majority of the game. Our midfield offers nothing. We lacked luck for sure but Fabinho had to play from the start. We let them control the game because our midfield were lacking balls to show them who we are. They showed them too much respect.

Solanke's move won't effect us but Clyne's will bite us. Hope that I'm totally wrong.

No, I watched the match last night and again this morning, just as I always do.

Our midfield did its job pretty well.
      That is shown clearly by the fact they didn't get more than 50% possession, from a team that routinely gets more than 70%.
      That's not control for city (50%), that's us making sure they don't have control.

I really don't understand why people ignore our chances and the fact that city couldn't maintain their usual high level of possession, when it was our good play that made it so.

Anyway, think whatever you like mate, I'll trust my judgement rather than hopping aboard the bandwagon.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #564: Jan 04, 2019 06:53:30 pm
      No, I watched the match last night and again this morning, just as I always do.

Our midfield did its job pretty well.
      That is shown clearly by the fact they didn't get more than 50% possession, from a team that routinely gets more than 70%.
      That's not control for city (50%), that's us making sure they don't have control.

I really don't understand why people ignore our chances and the fact that city couldn't maintain their usual high level of possession, when it was our good play that made it so.

Anyway, think whatever you like mate, I'll trust my judgement rather than hopping aboard the bandwagon.

I'm not hopping aboard on any bandwagon. I never said that Klopp should be sucked but he got it wrong yesterday.

We win together and we lose together but he was out mastered yesterday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #565: Jan 04, 2019 07:00:34 pm
      Waiting for the headline: "Clyne-less Reds travel to Wolves, face crisis."
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #566: Jan 04, 2019 08:06:45 pm

While I personally wouldn't have loaned Clyne I don't think it will come back as a mistake as we still have players to cover at RB.

And of course he makes errors, he's human like the rest of us.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #567: Jan 05, 2019 05:30:37 pm
      Jürgen - any chance we swap Virgil and Dejan position now and again - the times the opposition target Dejan is becoming a problem let’s mix it up
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #568: Jan 05, 2019 08:42:17 pm
      63-64I believe in him as a man
      I believe in him as a coach
      I believe in him as a tactician
      He improves players that come here and he improves players that were  here before he came.
      He has improved us season upon season and this year we are out performing every other team in the league. When Couthino went all the experts told us we would achieve nothing and go backwards without him but we got to the CL final and 4th spot in the league.
      Why oh why do some forum users think they know more than him. He sees players day in day out he has more information on opposition teams than ever before so his team selections are game specific and so far he has proved he knows all he needs to know to get us top of the league.
      I am convinced this season is going to be the most special probably since 1963-64 when Shankly won his first title since arriving in Dec 59 which will be a very similar time scale to Jürgen.
      and to satisfy one smartarse poster I wish I had a statue of Jürgen he is worthy of that type of adoration
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #569: Jan 05, 2019 08:59:29 pm
      I'm not hopping aboard on any bandwagon. I never said that Klopp should be sucked but he got it wrong yesterday.

We win together and we lose together but he was out mastered yesterday.

Would you have thought he'd have been "out-mastered" if Mane had scored? Or if Stones had been literally just a millimetre further back? That was a game between two high quality teams and the difference in the end was marginal. Not sure I'd describe that as out-mastered to be honest, the game was too close, no one controlled it completely and the result could have gone any which way.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #570: Jan 05, 2019 10:27:32 pm

Out mastered? Sh*t we were 1.12 centimeters away from getting a massive point.

:'( :'( :'(
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 10:31:46 pm by AussieRed »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #571: Jan 05, 2019 11:24:43 pm
      Out mastered? Sh*t we were 1.12 centimeters away from getting a massive point.

:'( :'( :'(
      Hawkeye is only accurate to 0.5 CM. The range is 0.62-1.62 if Hawkeye said 1.12. Decisions using Hawkeye within 0.5 CM are unfair, lucky they are rare.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #572: Jan 06, 2019 12:14:15 am
      Hawkeye is only accurate to 0.5 CM. The range is 0.62-1.62 if Hawkeye said 1.12. Decisions using Hawkeye within 0.5 CM are unfair, lucky they are rare.

Was close enough to piss me off, I know that much. Gutted!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #573: Jan 06, 2019 12:27:11 am
      Was close enough to piss me off, I know that much. Gutted!

Ain’t that the truth! Can bet your house that any other day of the season, that crosses the line entirely or at least cannons off Salah into the net. That along with Mane hitting the post and it not going in but Sane hitting the post and it going in just pisses me off beyond belief. Throw in the non red card for Kompany and I’m livid still. How can a team have as much bad luck as this in one game?! It’s f**king ridiculous.
      I thought that a couple of days after the game I’d have gotten over it but I haven’t, not by a long shot. Any other day of the year and them situations go in our favour and we get the win.
      Blue sh*te Manc tw*ts

We weren’t out mastered or anything like that, they had literally all the luck. That’s the difference.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #574: Jan 06, 2019 02:23:56 am
      Ain’t that the truth! Can bet your house that any other day of the season, that crosses the line entirely or at least cannons off Salah into the net. That along with Mane hitting the post and it not going in but Sane hitting the post and it going in just pisses me off beyond belief. Throw in the non red card for Kompany and I’m livid still. How can a team have as much bad luck as this in one game?! It’s f**king ridiculous.
      I thought that a couple of days after the game I’d have gotten over it but I haven’t, not by a long shot. Any other day of the year and them situations go in our favour and we get the win.
      Blue sh*te Manc tw*ts

We weren’t out mastered or anything like that, they had literally all the luck. That’s the difference.

Absafuckinglootley mate. Spot on with everything there and exactly the way I'm feeling. You just put it more succinctly then I did.

Quick Reply