Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186583 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #575: Jan 06, 2019 08:08:58 am
      Out mastered? Sh*t we were 1.12 centimeters away from getting a massive point.

:'( :'( :'(

Yes, we were very unlucky but we were dominated!

Would you have thought he'd have been "out-mastered" if Mane had scored? Or if Stones had been literally just a millimetre further back? That was a game between two high quality teams and the difference in the end was marginal. Not sure I'd describe that as out-mastered to be honest, the game was too close, no one controlled it completely and the result could have gone any which way.
      I gave them too much of respect, we were better this year than them and we had everything in our hands.

Saying that, we are still in no need of any favours but our own. So learn for it and get stronger!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #576: Jan 06, 2019 04:10:11 pm
      Yes, we were very unlucky but we were dominated!
      I gave them too much of respect, we were better this year than them and we had everything in our hands.

Saying that, we are still in no need of any favours but our own. So learn for it and get stronger!
      I agree. In other games with had luck when we weren't performing well. Not many people think we started our strongest 11. If they started things may have gone differently, we'd probably have been in a position to not think about luck so much, such as when we thrashed Arsenal. We should be thrashing everybody not getting conservative and riding on luck, then complaining when the ball didn't cross the line.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #577: Jan 06, 2019 06:50:23 pm
      I agree. In other games with had luck when we weren't performing well. Not many people think we started our strongest 11. If they started things may have gone differently, we'd probably have been in a position to not think about luck so much, such as when we thrashed Arsenal. We should be thrashing everybody not getting conservative and riding on luck, then complaining when the ball didn't cross the line.

I totally agree. We have the skill to be Champions and not surf on luck. Obviously, everyone needs some luck, however talent and dash of luck is needed to be Champions.

Onwards and upwards, YNWA.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #578: Jan 06, 2019 07:21:38 pm
      Ain’t that the truth! Can bet your house that any other day of the season, that crosses the line entirely or at least cannons off Salah into the net. That along with Mane hitting the post and it not going in but Sane hitting the post and it going in just pisses me off beyond belief. Throw in the non red card for Kompany and I’m livid still. How can a team have as much bad luck as this in one game?! It’s f**king ridiculous.
      I thought that a couple of days after the game I’d have gotten over it but I haven’t, not by a long shot. Any other day of the year and them situations go in our favour and we get the win.
      Blue sh*te Manc tw*ts

We weren’t out mastered or anything like that, they had literally all the luck. That’s the difference.

Yup. Don't forget Bobby's shot on goal blocked at the line, and there are like 8 City players in the 6-yard box. A couple of other chances in the 2nd half where they literally blocked every approach to net in the final 6 yards.

Now we just need to get back to picking three points off per match.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #579: Jan 06, 2019 07:21:40 pm
      Anybody else a bit irked about the fact that Klopp says our main goal for the season is/was to qualify for CL? I dunno if he is just saying that to keep the pressure off of him and the squad, but it kinda irks me a bit when he says it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #580: Jan 06, 2019 07:58:50 pm
      Anybody else a bit irked about the fact that Klopp says our main goal for the season is/was to qualify for CL? I dunno if he is just saying that to keep the pressure off of him and the squad, but it kinda irks me a bit when he says it.

Not at all. If he comes out and says “we are going to win the league, win this and that”, then if it doesn’t happen then he has people calling for his head, also puts unnecessary pressure on the team. This league is one of the hardest to win, and the fluctuations of teams going from a good season to a bad one the following season is testament to just how strong the league is.
      Klopp said we’d win the league within 4 years when he came in and I think that is enough said about the matter from him.
      Whether he actually thinks we will win the league this season or not is something only he knows.
      City were runaway leaders last year and Pep didn’t come out and say they were going to win the league again this year.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #581: Jan 06, 2019 08:00:11 pm
      If that is what he is saying, then what the F**k is he doing at the club..? A managers first thought should be to win the league  anything else is secondary...

By playing with that as your first gold qualifying for the CL should come automatically...

I really hope that it was a misguided attempt to take the pressure off the players
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #582: Jan 06, 2019 08:02:58 pm
      Not at all. If he comes out and says “we are going to win the league, win this and that”, then if it doesn’t happen then he has people calling for his head, also puts unnecessary pressure on the team. This league is one of the hardest to win, and the fluctuations of teams going from a good season to a bad one the following season is testament to just how strong the league is.
      Klopp said we’d win the league within 4 years when he came in and I think that is enough said about the matter from him.
      City were runaway leaders last year and Pep didn’t come out and say they were going to win the league again this year.

Could have said that "We will try our best to win ever game and we will see at the end of the season where we are"
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #583: Jan 06, 2019 08:04:10 pm
      Could have said that "We will try our best to win ever game and we will see at the end of the season where we are"

That’s essentially what he does say. He is very much a one game at a time manager, he keeps his players grounded and away from complacency.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #584: Jan 06, 2019 08:06:56 pm
      Whether he actually thinks we will win the league this season or not is something only he knows.

I'm in between both of you guys thoughts. I can't figure if he is serious or its an attempt to put the pressure off of us. Because if it's true then what the f@#$?(He said it in the interview with Arlo on NBC and then with Neville on Sky...its the latter that kinda irked me the most because of the way he said...sounded a bit too real to me)

I mean before the season started I considered us to be one of the three or four teams who was going to seriously compete for it...If you turn around and you tell me our goal after six transfer windows under you is to qualify for the CL then I don't know how to feel about that...
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #585: Jan 06, 2019 08:46:07 pm
      First loss of the season and the pitchforks are out for Jürgen.

Some of these posts belong in another thread.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #586: Jan 06, 2019 08:55:44 pm

Not really. I don't play that win a game your the best, lose one you're the worst. I was just wondering, after our first loss of the season and the tittle racing becoming significantly tighter: Is he really serious when he says our goal is to qualify for the CL or is it just talk to keep the pressure off the lads?

The question can be asked, specifically after our first loss, because this is the moment where our mental strength can make the difference and I do believe there is a significant difference in the mental strength of somebody who thinks he is overachieving anyway and somebody whose goal from the beginning was to win the title.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #587: Jan 06, 2019 09:15:45 pm
      at the beginning of the season they will have some targets that are set as a minimum . Top 4 and last 16 will be seen as the least acceptable level of achievement.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #588: Jan 06, 2019 10:15:24 pm

I'm not bothered but then I wouldn't mind either if he came out and said we're capable of winning the league or similar.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #589: Jan 06, 2019 10:33:24 pm
      No question in my mind management's main priority every year is Top 4 / Champions League. For budgetary purposes, this has to be the goal. Without this added revenue stream, all future ambition becomes infinitely more difficult.
      For those who are all twitchy because of Klopp's very honest statement, your reaction is more about you than Klopp. He's words are prudent and his soft-sell should be emulated by all LFC players. "Next game" mentality vs the "We won't lose another game" nonsense that was so prevalent the past few weeks.
      Klopp and all managers should be taking on the Bill Belichick (NFL) approach. All that matters is the next game and every topic beyond that is irrelevant to winning and therefore a complete waste of his and his team's time. He's right. This approach doesn't make for good tabloid fodder and in fact causes mediots to turn on the team. Secure coaches don't give a sh*te....and intelligent fans get it. The oft pickled don't. They need their coaches to soothe them with tales of grandeur.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #590: Jan 06, 2019 10:39:24 pm
      His first target is to qualify for next year's competition. The final is in Istanbul after all.

Aside from that, it is what he was brought here for. Get into the European Cup the following year. Anything more is a bonus.  Every coach at this club in the past 10 years has been fired for failing (or look like failing) to make it. The Yank owners at this club, and others, are more interested in the revenue the European Cup brings, than the glory we the fans want.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #591: Jan 06, 2019 11:37:01 pm
      Even if boss does not win anything time that he here at club future looking lot brighter, when next manger take over we be in lot healthy place and be able get some best players out their and we some best younger players come through in our club best in premier league but l love see boss win league go down hero for life l feel we can these year
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #592: Jan 07, 2019 12:00:22 am

We used to be a well respected, educated, and recognized as a knowledgeable fan base.

Unfortunately those days are gone we are flooded now with entitled arm chair experts with very short memories.

At least on this very forum anyway.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #593: Jan 07, 2019 12:16:25 am
      We used to be a well respected, educated, and recognized as a knowledgeable fan base.

Unfortunately those days are gone we are flooded now with entitled arm chair experts with very short memories.

At least on this very forum anyway.
      I don't know if you guys are referring to the fact that some here are asking questions about the comments Klopp made, but nobody here wants him gone.

All there is in that matter is that some of us don't like the fact that we're in the middle of a title race and apparently our main goal might be to finish top 4. Nobody says fire the manager. Matter of fact, he's not the one that sets those goals, it's probably people above him in the hierarchy of the club. 

If it was just ''talk'' to take the pressure off then cool, but if we're seriously well into a title race with a mentality that can be summed up by ''We'll fight for it, but no biggy if we don't make it out on top because, anyway, we were aiming for top 4.'' then allow me and others to be a bit pissed. Not because of the manager, not because we lost a game, but because I genuinely dislike the attitude regardless of its this one is on upper management or on Klopp.

All I asked in my original post was if somebody was a bit ''irked'' by those comments. Not fire Klopp because we lost a game.

Edit: At the end of the day some of us (including me) are probably just overreacting and these comments were indeed made, by a clever manager, in order to fend off pressure.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2019 12:24:22 am by PolarBearRed »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #594: Jan 07, 2019 12:36:28 am
      Just checking out Wikipedia.

Jürgen's win percentage after 21 games this season is    ...            80.95%  !

FFS !

Awesome.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #595: Jan 07, 2019 07:18:21 am
      Just checking out Wikipedia.

Jürgen's win percentage after 21 games this season is    ...            80.95%  !

FFS !

Awesome.

Yep.

He’d be 100% though if he listened to the talents on here though mate.

Needs to up his game 🙄
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #596: Jan 07, 2019 01:16:28 pm
      Yep.

He’d be 100% though if he listened to the talents on here though mate.

Needs to up his game 🙄

the only reason we wont win the treble is if Jürgen doesn't log on here everyday so he can select the right team, formation and tactics.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #597: Jan 07, 2019 01:18:33 pm
      the only reason we wont win the treble is if Jürgen doesn't log on here everyday so he can select the right team, formation and tactics.

Ah but will he use 4222, 433, 4231 or nothing at all.

Quick Reply