Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186530 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #598: Jan 07, 2019 01:20:57 pm
      the only reason we wont win the treble is if Jürgen doesn't log on here everyday so he can select the right team, formation and tactics.

Ah but will he use 4222, 433, 4231 or nothing at all.

Forget Mike Bassett - send for Barry from t’interweb.

He’ll keep El Jurgo honest.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #599: Jan 07, 2019 01:33:51 pm

any of them have a double stainless pivot?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #600: Jan 07, 2019 01:39:24 pm

he'll use the double sofa pivot, as recommended by Phil Neville.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #601: Jan 07, 2019 01:51:20 pm
      he'll use the double sofa pivot, as recommended by Phil Neville.

push and pull then...makes sense.  Looking forward to seeing his team tonight regardless of who has the shirt or what formation they play in. Good players don't need to be told how to play.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #602: Jan 08, 2019 09:30:59 am
      Obviously, Klopp made a mistake in putting to many reserve players, but at the same time, Liverpool will now have a bigger chance of winning Premier League, which means that this defeat could have been very good for us.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #603: Jan 08, 2019 09:34:26 am
      Obviously, Klopp made a mistake in putting to many reserve players, but at the same time, Liverpool will now have a bigger chance of winning Premier League, which means that this defeat could have been very good for us.

Should give us a better chance as you say, just hope the rest of the season does not go pair shaped. Like every LFC fan would love to finally win the Premier League.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #604: Jan 08, 2019 09:40:20 am
      Unfortunately we have a foreign manager who just doesn't understand the the F.A. Cup. We would have only had to win 6 games in a row in this competition, to have our first silver ware under his management.

Don't get me wrong. I love the guy to bits, but he just doesn't understand the romance of F.A. Cup.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #605: Jan 08, 2019 09:40:43 am
      Very rare mistake by Klopp putting such a weaken side out.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #606: Jan 08, 2019 09:47:15 am

Maybe your turn to gloat, Keith.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #607: Jan 08, 2019 09:56:42 am

I agree, I think you either go with a strong team with perhaps 2 or 3 rested players, like Wolves did, or you go full on F**k it mode and field the U23 team like Wenger used to do. This half way house of senior and junior players is just bullshit, because you lose but still risk injuries to senior players, eg Lovren.
      I love Klopp but sometimes he gets it wrong, in my opinion he's now got it wrong 2 matches on the bounce, against Citeh too passive a midfield and yesterday just a clusterfuck omnishambles!

Hope it doesn't affect the good vibes in the team but we really need to beat Brighton, hopefully quite comfortably, thank God we aren't facing any strong teams over the next few weeks as we now only have VVD as a CB and probably Fabinho filling in.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #608: Jan 08, 2019 10:40:24 am

Rare mistake?.

We you have players injured or withdrawn for illness reason then it’s a matter of not having a choice...

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #609: Jan 08, 2019 11:17:25 am
      Unfortunately we have a foreign manager who just doesn't understand the the F.A. Cup. We would have only had to win 6 games in a row in this competition, to have our first silver ware under his management.

Don't get me wrong. I love the guy to bits, but he just doesn't understand the romance of F.A. Cup.

I believe he perfectly understands the importance of trophies and he had a strategy in place. He might not have been so enthusiastic about the FA cup due to circumstances.

In his first season, he went all out for the league cup, which would also require the team to win 6 games in the competition. In the second half, it was choosing between the Europa and FA and he chose the former. Unfortunately, the team was defeated in the final of both the competitions.

In the second season, if I am not wrong, we were on a high in the new year after defeating City 1-0 at home. There were whispers of the team challenging for the title. A shitty January and some injuries may have forced his hand. Also, it was very important to qualify for the CL as it would have translated to strengthening the squad by buying better players.

In the third season, we had to further consolidate our position in the CL. I would have wanted him to give it a go during that season. But, with the competition played in the business end of the season and with a stretched squad he may have had choices to make.

Klopp is every bit a romantic as any other fan. It is the reason why he wanted to manage Liverpool FC. FA cup would be wonderful. But, I can definitely understand his decision to not take the FA cup seriously even though I don't really like his POV.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #610: Jan 08, 2019 11:31:25 am

No not at all, we all know he put that side out to protect winning the league. Obviously could come back to haunt him though It's desperate this year for fans to win a trophy no matter what it is.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #611: Jan 08, 2019 11:34:38 am
      I'd love to know what those who are criticising the selection would have done different?

Bear in mind the 'weak' side he selected had over 300 international caps between them.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #612: Jan 08, 2019 12:38:30 pm
      No not at all, we all know he put that side out to protect winning the league. Obviously could come back to haunt him though It's desperate this year for fans to win a trophy no matter what it is.

Not agree. I think with current situation people more likely to sacrifice other trophies and concentrate all we have for the EPL title.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #613: Jan 08, 2019 12:48:48 pm

Have you drifted into talking about United there, Keith?
      Doubt people are desperate.
      Everyone wants to win.
      Wanted to win the Europa League Final.
      Wanted to win the Champions League Final.
      Want to win PL & CL.

Delighted to see the club now challenging on these fronts again.
      Thanks to Klopp.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #614: Jan 08, 2019 03:59:30 pm
      Team selections has been wrong for the last two games and we lost both unsurprisingly.

If we don't win the league this season then the great start we had will be quickly forgotten about just like the fa cup will be if we do win the league, swings and roundabouts.

The Brighton game is now massive. After two poor results it's important that we bounce back and get back to winning ways. We have to go there and win.  We've put a bit of pressure on ourselves now.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #615: Jan 08, 2019 04:09:15 pm

It was always on the cards. Replied to you on the forum earlier in the week that the FA Cup wouldn't be on our radar.

We still don't have the depth to compete for trebles or even doubles. Last year we threw everything into the CL. This year it will be the PL.

We might come up just short again but to concentrate on one is our best chance to win a big trophy.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #616: Jan 08, 2019 05:21:01 pm
      Team selections has been wrong for the last two games and we lost both unsurprisingly.

If we don't win the league this season then the great start we had will be quickly forgotten about just like the fa cup will be if we do win the league, swings and roundabouts.

The Brighton game is now massive. After two poor results it's important that we bounce back and get back to winning ways. We have to go there and win.  We've put a bit of pressure on ourselves now.

I hope Jürgen doesn't read this he will feel his position is under threat.
      What a complete load of tosh.
      If there is one person in this world who cares about these players and this club more than anyone else right now its Jürgen Klopp so I will back his team selection above any poster who's only aim is to bore the friggin life out of the place
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #617: Jan 08, 2019 05:21:45 pm
      We have a good chance to win the League.  I can see the bosses thinking..  If we had another Centre half fit it could have been a stronger team.   If he plays a strong team and we don't win the league people will say that it was silly of him to at least risk CB with no back up.  And I surely wouldn't put Alisson behind that defence considering he is playing spectacular and has only been at the club for a few months.    4 out of the 5 defenders were not used.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #618: Jan 08, 2019 05:31:50 pm
      Have you drifted into talking about United there, Keith?
      Doubt people are desperate.
      Everyone wants to win.
      Wanted to win the Europa League Final.
      Wanted to win the Champions League Final.
      Want to win PL & CL.

Delighted to see the club now challenging on these fronts again.
      Thanks to Klopp.

You actually might have a point re United.  :D  It's not been that long though. Could be longer.  :f_whistle:  ;D  No doubt your up there again, even over took us lads at the moment. However, trophies are still needed, we both no that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #619: Jan 08, 2019 05:33:50 pm
      It was always on the cards. Replied to you on the forum earlier in the week that the FA Cup wouldn't be on our radar.

We still don't have the depth to compete for trebles or even doubles. Last year we threw everything into the CL. This year it will be the PL.

We might come up just short again but to concentrate on one is our best chance to win a big trophy.

Yeah you did but still thought Klopp would of put a better side out and still rest key players. Wolves are certainly the surprise package this year in Premier League. Not easy team to beat home or away.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #620: Jan 08, 2019 05:34:24 pm
      You actually might have a point re United.  :D  It's not been that long though. Could be longer.  :f_whistle:  ;D  No doubt your up there again, even over took us lads at the moment. However, trophies are still needed, we both no that.

I'll take Europa League & Champions League Finals as previews to the main event.

Quick Reply