Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186549 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #621: Jan 08, 2019 07:36:19 pm
      I hope Jürgen doesn't read this he will feel his position is under threat.
      What a complete load of tosh.
      If there is one person in this world who cares about these players and this club more than anyone else right now its Jürgen Klopp so I will back his team selection above any poster who's only aim is to bore the friggin life out of the place

You literally offer nothing on this forum other than quoting users and abusing them. The sooner you get a ban the better you little weird wum.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #622: Jan 08, 2019 09:30:43 pm
      I think we don't win league these year, not sure we win league for long time in that we only play one game week now, were city lot games and  if don't win league these year sad fact mane or salah will what leave down lie other rebuild job not winning league these year could set us back long term how many players do WD need next season be able go fc cup league champion league, will be few out going new season we need other 3 or 4 top players next season
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #623: Jan 09, 2019 08:38:45 pm
      Quote from PolarBearRed
      All there is in that matter is that some of us don't like the fact that we're in the middle of a title race and apparently our main goal might be to finish top 4. Nobody says fire the manager. Matter of fact, he's not the one that sets those goals, it's probably people above him in the hierarchy of the club. 

If it was just ''talk'' to take the pressure off then cool, but if we're seriously well into a title race with a mentality that can be summed up by ''We'll fight for it, but no biggy if we don't make it out on top because, anyway, we were aiming for top 4.'' then allow me and others to be a bit pissed. Not because of the manager, not because we lost a game, but because I genuinely dislike the attitude regardless of its this one is on upper management or on Klopp.

I see why you don't like the attitude, I'm just saying what his primary target was, and is. Finish in the top 4. It was the case in his first year, last year, this year, next year, and whatever other year Klopp is here. If we can do more than that and win the league, wonderful. If we can't, it's not the end of the world.

We were written off by every pundit, bookie, and neutral going before the season began for the title, and continued to be so even when we were first during the season. We still are in many cases, despite the advantage we currently have. There's no pressure or expectation on us to win the league, the pressure is all on the side labelled the best there has ever been, to prove that they're not one season wonders.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #624: Jan 09, 2019 09:52:09 pm
      I hope Jürgen doesn't read this he will feel his position is under threat.
      What a complete load of tosh.
      If there is one person in this world who cares about these players and this club more than anyone else right now its Jürgen Klopp so I will back his team selection above any poster who's only aim is to bore the friggin life out of the place

If Jürgen read these boards he'd be f***in suicidal,
      Maybe its just me but some of you guys are a bit ott,
      Yes it was a bad day at the office last two games but lets step back a tad and evaluate what is and what was,

We lost narrowly to ' the best footballing side'  the English premier league has ever ever seen at their own back yard, and i emphasise Narrowly, 
      and then lost in the F**k up FA cup tie to a almost full strength Wolves side, where our manager made 9 changes, 10 if you include Dejan's cameo,
      It wasn't the changes per say it was the performance of some of those Klopp trusted that let 'the side down', a bit more commitment,  a bit more heart, and perhaps a bit more of, i give a F**k, might have just got us into the next round,

I can pick out three players that didn't seem to give a F**k what happened, Moreno, Sturridge and Origi, Moreno you can sort of forgive cos hes utter f***in sh*te anyway, but the other two have no excuse what so ever,  pathetic display by both,
      Consider the three young lads, Mignolet, that leaves four players who did what they could unde the circumstances,

So we lost, f***in get over it, we played 4 games in 12 days ffs, had we had a fully fit squad, without illnesses the side chosen would have been totally different,  and we'd more than likely still be involved in three comps,

Brighton is massive,  it would still be massive had we won, honestly,  the melt down on here is ridiculous anybody would think we're still in mediocre land alongside them scummy kunts at OT.

I'll make a prediction,  i think we'll go on another unbeaten run, we have three games that potentially we could drop points in, Spuds & Chas @ home,  & Munts away, there is no reason we cannot take max points from all three, every other opponent we take it one at a time like we've been doing, and  i reckon that will take us to where we belong...

As Champions!!

YNWA

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #625: Jan 10, 2019 05:35:13 am
      I think we don't win league these year, not sure we win league for long time in that we only play one game week now, were city lot games and  if don't win league these year sad fact mane or salah will what leave down lie other rebuild job not winning league these year could set us back long term how many players do WD need next season be able go fc cup league champion league, will be few out going new season we need other 3 or 4 top players next season

No, not me mate, I am totally believing we are going to win the 19th. Klopp also believe hence he rest key players in the FA cup. Some good luck on injury from now and one or two right reinforcements this month, and hey lets party guys!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #626: Jan 11, 2019 03:14:30 pm
      Very rare mistake by Klopp putting such a weaken side out.

He has confirmed that he rested the players who had played 9 games in the month of December or who had knocks.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #627: Jan 11, 2019 03:50:25 pm
      He has confirmed that he rested the players who had played 9 games in the month of December or who had knocks.

Oh i don't doubt that but wouldn't of been the case if it was a league match.  ;D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #628: Jan 11, 2019 04:19:13 pm
      Oh i don't doubt that but wouldn't of been the case if it was a league match.  ;D

No obviously not but the cup was a good opportunity to rest up.

The team he picked was more than good enough to win and did not. Simple as.

It would have definitely beat the likes of Reading, Tranmere, Blackpool and the rest of the sh*te teams the other Top six were drawn against.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #629: Jan 11, 2019 06:15:44 pm

It wasn't a League game though Keith so not sure what point you're trying to make?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #630: Jan 11, 2019 06:20:50 pm
      No obviously not but the cup was a good opportunity to rest up.

The team he picked was more than good enough to win and did not. Simple as.

It would have definitely beat the likes of Reading, Tranmere, Blackpool and the rest of the sh*te teams the other Top six were drawn against.

unlike UTD who's players were all on self imposed rest under Maureen showing their respect for the Manager and the Club,
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #631: Jan 11, 2019 11:27:05 pm
      It wasn't a League game though Keith so not sure what point you're trying to make?

Already said, basically wouldn't of rested so many players.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #632: Jan 12, 2019 11:25:15 am
      Already said, basically wouldn't of rested so many players.

Burnley away?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #633: Jan 12, 2019 12:40:48 pm

How do you work that out??

Alisson, Moreno, VVD, Matio, Gomez, Milner, Hendo, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge & Origi played that nite. His team against Wolves 3/4 reserves. Why do fans try and defend the indefensible??

Just except Klopp made a mistake, it's no big deal. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #634: Jan 12, 2019 01:08:20 pm

Alisson, Moreno, VVD, Matio, Gomez, Milner, Hendo, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge & Origi played that nite. His team against Wolves 3/4 reserves. Why do fans try and defend the indefensible??

I don’t think he made a mistake, I think he was just in a difficult position with available players. Hendo and Lallana getting injured right before the game, VVD ill and with the injuries we already had, I think he was right not to take the chance on starting Mo, Mane or Bobby, because as the game proved, if we lose one of them then the back up isn’t adequate. I know injuries can happen any game but I think it’s a case of hedging your bets. Gini has played a lot of football too and the rest probably should do him good. Lovren getting injured early on didn’t help things either, regardless of how well Hoever done, it would give any team a boost in confidence seeing a senior player go off and replaced by a 16yr old making his debut.

To be fair too, Sturridge has chipped in with goals this season, Origi has been involved in a couple and Shaq has been boss. It was a close game and there wasn’t a lot in it. It was actually the senior players like Milner that let us down and cost us the game.
      I feel more let down by the senior players like Milner than I do by Klopp for the Wolves result.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #635: Jan 12, 2019 01:20:41 pm
      Lovren getting injured early on didn’t help things either,

Please please please  KK  ;D Don't get me started on Lovren.  :roll: When I look/watch him I think of Fellaini  :f_doh: Think you know what I think of Fellaini  :D I refuse to discuss it  :lmao:
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #636: Jan 12, 2019 01:29:32 pm

What about injuries eh? Oh, did you forget about that?

So that makes at least 3 second stringers out, which accounted for the reserve players.

Gomez out, Matip out, Lallana out. You expect him to field a strong lineup. Funny, how it worked out for Lovren in the end.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #637: Jan 12, 2019 01:30:06 pm
      Of course it wasn't a mistake he knows his squad he knows the quality and depth of this squad and he also knows the important games to be played and Wolves in the 3rd round of the Cup isn't important. The FA Cup was doomed when UTD decided it was no longer important and decided to  field a team. there are two competitions to win now The EPL and the CL. The FA Cup is worth about £4mil or so the CL £30mil+.
      The FA CUP was once almost more important than winning the league its just not relevant now
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #638: Jan 12, 2019 01:37:54 pm
      Did Klopp make a mistake in playing such a mixed up line up. Would the momentum of winning been a better policy. Risk injury etc.

May be the prep wasn't up to scratch: how could it be with such a mixed line up. Today's performance will give us the answer.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #639: Jan 12, 2019 01:57:22 pm
      All league games are now must win. The Wolves result has added a little bit of extra pressure on today's result. Klopp knows the score, the pressure is on.Top 4 will not cut it. It's in our hands. We have a slightly easier second half of the season than most of our rivals. Klopp would say he's ahead of time with regard to winning the Premiership Title but it's within our grasp this season.

Klopp has touched the soul of the City of Liverpool - not may do that. Regardless he will always be "one of us". But the City is watching.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #640: Jan 12, 2019 01:57:30 pm

Not so much that Klopp may or may not have made a mistake,  fact is, some of those players he trusted let him and the team down, and didn't exactly set a example to those young lads that they shared the pitch with,
      If you are a professional footballer , you give your all when your asked to do so,

There were three individuals that played with a mindset of...why the F**k should i try, I'm not part of the 1st team, that's the attitude that contributed to LFC being knocked out,

Now you and the media can blame Klopp all you want, the simple fact is, after playing something like 10 games in the space of a month, resting mainstay players was his priority,  it wasn't helped by illnesses that affected some other's who were earmarked to play,

So now that you know some of the Facts perhaps you could understand why he did what he did,
      Oh and please,  don't compare one of our players to that f***in animal Feilaini, Dejan may not be flavour of the month, but he's 100 times a better individual than that tw*t !!

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #641: Jan 12, 2019 03:50:44 pm
      Please please please  KK  ;D Don't get me started on Lovren.  :roll: When I look/watch him I think of Fellaini  :f_doh: Think you know what I think of Fellaini  :D I refuse to discuss it  :lmao:

Haha trust me, I’m under no illusions about Lovren. My point though was just how it would have given the opposition a boost seeing a nipper come on so early.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #642: Jan 12, 2019 05:00:15 pm

So now that you know some of the Facts perhaps you could understand why he did what he did,
      Oh and please,  don't compare one of our players to that f***in animal Feilaini, Dejan may not be flavour of the month, but he's 100 times a better individual than that tw*t !!

YNWA

It's how you interpret the facts though Billy. However, there both sh*te at football.  :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #643: Jan 12, 2019 05:00:40 pm
      🙏

Thanks Boss..

Quick Reply