Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186560 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #690: Jan 22, 2019 08:18:33 am
      Well done Jürgen for an excellent gesture to the old feller.It is no wonder you are so well respected by Liverpool supporters throughout the world.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #691: Jan 22, 2019 09:57:39 am
      But he didn't make a mistake, he rested some players, we got knocked out the cup then won our next league game maintaining that gap we have at the top.

So Klopp's decisions totally justified!!

Also he was all set to leave Lovren on the bench, then hendo & lallana got injured or sick, not sure which.

And then Lovren got a hammy, imagine if VVD had played and got a hammy, ffs all hell wld have broke lose, season over etc.

We came thru a crazy december league fixture list with maximum points, the 1st team was knackered, injured & some had some sickness bug, klopp had no choice but to make those changes, and in the end that team only lost due a very very very good goal.

The biggest disappointment for me was sturridge that night, but even that klopp said he never intended on starting sturridge & Origi together, but injuries and sickness forced his hand.

Its gone now, and as discussed many many times now, league, champions league and top 4 are bigger priorities now for the top teams than the FA cup and League cup. Tell you what as well, we have not had easy draws in recent years in the FA cup eh. then look at city getting burton ffs.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #692: Jan 24, 2019 06:57:44 am
      Rather than ask in each individual players thread, I thought I would ask here. Anyone have updates on the injury front, namely Gomez, Trent, Fab and Gini?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #693: Jan 24, 2019 08:10:21 am
      Rather than ask in each individual players thread, I thought I would ask here. Anyone have updates on the injury front, namely Gomez, Trent, Fab and Gini?

https://twitter.com/maddockmirror/status/1088204171583598593?s=21
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #694: Jan 24, 2019 08:45:31 am
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #695: Jan 24, 2019 09:23:34 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #696: Jan 24, 2019 10:47:33 am
      Troops are gathering at the right moment in our season..

Can’t wait for the Ox & Jo to return..

Seeing Chambo on the field will give us a sh*t in the arm alright..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #697: Jan 30, 2019 11:37:06 am
      I know Klopp won’t be thinking this way but if we win tonight should we be prioritising the league over the CL?
      7 pts ahead and wrap up all the big hitters for crucial EPL games.

PS I don’t mean play the reserves for CL.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #698: Jan 30, 2019 12:09:12 pm
      I know Klopp won’t be thinking this way but if we win tonight should we be prioritising the league over the CL?

If we DON'T win tonight, we should be prioritising the league over the CL, for me...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #699: Jan 30, 2019 12:33:10 pm

I think he already is but a win tonight will just accentuate that.  You can have a wonderful cup tournament get nearly over the line and then your star player gets fouled and your keeper can have a couple of brain farts in the last game...

I don't think there is a Liverpool fan alive who would prioritise, this season, the European Cup over the title. 

I'm picturing us here now winning the European Cup a sixth time and not having won the league and I think I'd be disappointed - and now I'm looking at the sentence I've just written and thinking just how far we've come!  Mad times.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #700: Jan 30, 2019 12:59:45 pm

Klopp has said in several interviews this season that the Premier League is priority No 1.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #701: Jan 30, 2019 04:36:22 pm
      If anyone wants / needs to relax a bit prior to tonight's game and wants to have a laugh:

https://youtu.be/zudaSLy3qD0

Some absolute crackers in there. The man is a genius. A lot from his time at Dortmund too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #702: Feb 05, 2019 02:36:58 pm
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #703: Feb 05, 2019 07:22:48 pm

The FA need to understand that the standard of refereeing in the Premiership is not acceptable, considering the sums of money involved if referees get it wrong! No other business, and
      like it or not, football is now a big business, would accept the ineptitude on display every Week!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #704: Feb 05, 2019 08:43:41 pm
      Okay, well if Klopp has to give a written explanation to what he meant then how about Atkinson comes out and gives us a written explanation as to why he failed to award us a penalty against Leicester and why he failed to send off Maguire.

It goes both ways, if the FA demand respect and a standard of behaviour from the managers with regards to the officials then how about the officials start doing their jobs properly and earn the right for that respect and behaviour from the managers.

IMO officials have been worse this season than for the last few years, probably because they know VAR will be in play soon so they won’t have to make any decisions on their own anymore.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #705: Feb 06, 2019 04:18:54 am
      Point A: Can someone please help me understand what's happened to our defending of set pieces in the 2nd half of the Season.

In the first half of the Season just like the 2nd half, we have played a zonal defense. The first half of the Season, we seemed to be playing that high line and catching everyone off side, even if we were very lucky on a few occasions.

This 2nd half we are still playing Zonal but every player in the opposition seems to be onside and having free pops at our goal.

What's happened? Is it because of Matip and Milner being in the back 5 instead of TAA and Gomez or have we changed something that's causing me to sh*t myself every time the oppo gets a free kick?

Point B: Can Jürgen please find someone to deliver a cross, when we have a corner, that beats the first man? F**k me, Mo and James can't do it, is there anyone else in the squad that can?

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #706: Feb 06, 2019 06:59:58 am
      Point A: Can someone please help me understand what's happened to our defending of set pieces in the 2nd half of the Season.

In the first half of the Season just like the 2nd half, we have played a zonal defense. The first half of the Season, we seemed to be playing that high line and catching everyone off side, even if we were very lucky on a few occasions.

This 2nd half we are still playing Zonal but every player in the opposition seems to be onside and having free pops at our goal.

What's happened? Is it because of Matip and Milner being in the back 5 instead of TAA and Gomez or have we changed something that's causing me to sh*t myself every time the oppo gets a free kick?

Point B: Can Jürgen please find someone to deliver a cross, when we have a corner, that beats the first man? F**k me, Mo and James can't do it, is there anyone else in the squad that can?

I can’t speak for the last few games but on Monday night it was pretty simple and I’m surprised it’s taken so long for another team to figure it out. We play a very high line at FKs. West Ham dimples played the 5yard pass before delivery which enabled them to free up a runner from deep such as when Rice was through with a free header. Other teams will follow suit so I very much hope we drop the line for future games and sit a little deeper.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #707: Feb 06, 2019 11:15:51 pm
      "We must turn from doubters to believers" says Jürgen Klopp

Jürgen KLOPP has delivered an uplifting message to Liverpool fans on his first day as new Reds boss: “We have to change from doubters to believers. Now.”

The German gave his first interview on the club’s inhouse TV channel this morning and declared his intention to start writing new chapters in the club’s storied history.

“At this moment all the LFC family is a little bit too nervous, a little bit too pessimistic, a little bit too much in doubt,” he said. “They all celebrate the game and there is a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium, But they don’t believe at the moment. They only see five years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago.

BY DAVID PRENTICE
      09:38, 9 OCT 2015UPDATED11:13, 9 OCT 2015

Taken from the echo when the Boss first joined us...

One would believe he is an infinity time stone & was telling us what to expect in a couple of years from now.. 😘
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #708: Feb 07, 2019 03:54:19 pm
      I can’t speak for the last few games but on Monday night it was pretty simple and I’m surprised it’s taken so long for another team to figure it out. We play a very high line at FKs. West Ham dimples played the 5yard pass before delivery which enabled them to free up a runner from deep such as when Rice was through with a free header. Other teams will follow suit so I very much hope we drop the line for future games and sit a little deeper.

If you have 5,6 or 7 defenders in a high line and they push up on to the edge of the area....all facing toward the kicker...then you have 3,4,5 attackers....facing our goal, then the first issue is they have a run on us, we have to turn...if they time their runs then eventually they will get chances. That's the main problem with the high line.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #709: Feb 07, 2019 04:15:40 pm
      The other issue up top is Mane. For some unknown reason he is playing centrally. Robinson is very often left with nowhere to go other than lay it back to VVD.

Robinson is not a winger. He can't operate down our left hand side alone. Ok Mane did score from a central position against West Ham,but this ploy of Mane playing inside with Salah out on the right with BObby god knows where is....a mess.

To much traffic down the right. Mane has to get back to the left side to create width and it makes Robinson more effective. Keita when he plays has no defined role or doesn't appear to have. If Klopp doesn't get it right it will be very difficult to win it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #710: Feb 07, 2019 07:36:32 pm
      The other issue up top is Mane. For some unknown reason he is playing centrally. Robinson is very often left with nowhere to go other than lay it back to VVD.

Robinson is not a winger. He can't operate down our left hand side alone. Ok Mane did score from a central position against West Ham,but this ploy of Mane playing inside with Salah out on the right with BObby god knows where is....a mess.

To much traffic down the right. Mane has to get back to the left side to create width and it makes Robinson more effective. Keita when he plays has no defined role or doesn't appear to have. If Klopp doesn't get it right it will be very difficult to win it.

Didn’t Mane score from the left vs Palace, and by coming off the left vs Leicester? To be honest, I haven’t seen Mane central much at all. It’s mostly been Salah with Bobby being deeper than the midfield.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #711: Feb 09, 2019 01:46:02 pm
      Big day for the boss.
      Off the back of two draws, which is no disaster by any means, but Citeh's form has been better and with them now top, there is more pressure on us to get a result.
      Jürgen has been excellent but these are the days he really earns his crust.
      Players and crowd need to be at it - though I'd settle for a scrappy 3 points right now.
      Hoping to see the Klopp fist-pump down the Kop end come 5pm :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #712: Feb 09, 2019 02:31:43 pm

Quick Reply