Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186542 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #897: Mar 12, 2019 02:54:59 am
      the world has changed ever since 2004 and Roman bought Chelsea you just cant deny how money has influenced the handing out the Silverware so it is absolute nonsense to qualify success purely by silverware anymore unless you take account of how much a squad cost. Some feel the need to pick holes where non exist attention seeking muppets unable to enjoy this record breaking season.

It's quite ironic really, they were the first English team to have this insane level of investment, yet it's them that is struggling the most now out of the top 6 teams and starting to get left behind and generally look a complete and utter mess. What have they actually done? They've won a fair bit of silverware but each bit they've won has usually been followed with a poor season the following year where they've had to change manager. There's been no investment in the stadium or a new one, I don't think they've done all that much to their training facilities and it's almost like they are now becoming the team they were before Abramovic took them over.

FSG have had their faults but look at us now, competing for the league after a few years of rapid improvement, solid player investment, expansion to the stadium and a new 50mill training complex being built. No doubt there will be more work on the stadium at some stage too. All that's missing is the return of silverware and Liverpool Football Club is in a fantastic position with a brilliant manager and excellent foundations in place to take the club even further. Not a lot to complain about when you look at it that way IMO.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #898: Mar 12, 2019 04:57:04 pm
      It's quite ironic really, they were the first English team to have this insane level of investment, yet it's them that is struggling the most now out of the top 6 teams and starting to get left behind and generally look a complete and utter mess. What have they actually done? They've won a fair bit of silverware but each bit they've won has usually been followed with a poor season the following year where they've had to change manager. There's been no investment in the stadium or a new one, I don't think they've done all that much to their training facilities and it's almost like they are now becoming the team they were before Abramovic took them over.

FSG have had their faults but look at us now, competing for the league after a few years of rapid improvement, solid player investment, expansion to the stadium and a new 50mill training complex being built. No doubt there will be more work on the stadium at some stage too. All that's missing is the return of silverware and Liverpool Football Club is in a fantastic position with a brilliant manager and excellent foundations in place to take the club even further. Not a lot to complain about when you look at it that way IMO.

This feels like steady hard work surpasses throwing money at problems- although we still have Shitty just buying their way through the EPL. I so really hope they fall flat on their faces if FFP ever gets properly F***ing implemented.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #899: Mar 12, 2019 05:33:54 pm
      This feels like steady hard work surpasses throwing money at problems- although we still have Shitty just buying their way through the EPL. I so really hope they fall flat on their faces if FFP ever gets properly f**king implemented.

I'm with you in hoping City get royally fu**ed by FFP but to be honest, for all the money they have thrown at players, only in the last year have they actually become one of the strongest teams in the world. It's taken them 10 years to get to that stage, in that time they have had some poor seasons, in fact Pep's first season was shocking in the league, he was becoming like Jose with all of his excuses. It's okay throwing money at things but sooner or later if you don't have the proper people in place, the proper foundations etc, then you will come unstuck one way or another, either the way Chelsea have or the way City could potentially have happen to them.

Regardless of what people think about FSG, whether they are in it for a long term profit or not, we know we are in safe hands financially which isn't something many teams can actually say. Klopp and the owners seem to have a really good way of working going on and right now, they are both perfect for the club.

Klopp has done magnificent for us so far in improving us as a team but there's a lot of things he doesn't get credit for. Main thing being that he seems to have pulled the club together as a whole. Before his arrival the owners were making a lot of mistakes - possibly due to a lack of faith in the management, the "transfer committee" side of the club was a mess - some of the signings being made were brutal and their just generally seemed to be a jumbled mess pre Klopp, but now everything seems to compliment each area at the club.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2019 05:41:22 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #900: Mar 12, 2019 09:07:02 pm
      Heads up;

Best points at this stage since The 87/88 team who were the greatest team after 77

1 league game deafeat

This is our best competition

Virgil

Oil rich cheating competition spend what you want break every rule are only 1 point ahead

1 F***ing point

Jürgen I love you
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #901: Mar 13, 2019 10:23:33 pm
      what a night for the Boss he again got everything spot on 3-1 in Munich, we are so lucky to have him
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #902: Mar 13, 2019 10:24:23 pm
      7 goals in the last two games. Different kinds of goals as well. Fantastic few days work from the boss.

For a German like him, especially an ex Dortmund manager who had to suffer a loss in the final against them a few years back, tonight must be so sweet for him.

Jürgen will find a way.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #903: Mar 13, 2019 10:24:36 pm
      Smashed it again gaffer, superb tactics today.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #904: Mar 13, 2019 10:27:14 pm
      Klopp's masterclass. Only 41% possession but had 6 SOG vs. 2, 7 corners vs. 2 and ultimately 3 goals vs. 1.

Suck on that, Bayern.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #905: Mar 13, 2019 10:36:32 pm
      Before Klopp we had 1 season in the Champions League over a number of years and it was a complete embarrassment from start to finish and resulted in a group stage exit. Now, Klopp has not only managed us to being back in the competition, but at an absolute minimum it will have been back to back QF's with qualification for next season for our 3rd consecutive year already wrapped up unless something horrific happens in our last 8 games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #906: Mar 13, 2019 10:37:53 pm
      There are 7 teams in Europe right now praying that come Friday they don't get Liverpool
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #907: Mar 13, 2019 10:39:30 pm
      There are 7 teams in Europe right now praying that come Friday they don't get Liverpool

Yep.

I think we're the side no one will want to get.

Maybe City as well but our pedigree and run to the final last year means no one will fancy us over two legs.

I don't see why we can't get to another final.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #908: Mar 13, 2019 10:49:46 pm
      Yep.

I think we're the side no one will want to get.

Maybe City as well but our pedigree and run to the final last year means no one will fancy us over two legs.

I don't see why we can't get to another final.

its the Double mate its on. We are coming into form right at the perfect time
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #909: Mar 14, 2019 09:34:36 am
      Went to pick the mrs up last night after the game ,so put talk sh*te on see what was being said , low and behold a guy on there , a supposedly die hard red giving Klopp peltres , don’t remember it all as the red mist was descending , wanting Klopp sacked at season’s end if we end with no trophy ,
      Do these so called fans not realise exactlywhat we are up against ffs, I’ve got to believe it’s a wind up as I don’t believe any die hard would want this guy gone ,
      Once again we are having the kind of nights in Europe that we all can remember , some right fckin Bell ends out there ,

Jürgen Klopp   YNWA
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #910: Mar 14, 2019 11:09:34 am
      Honestly, can't stress how important it was that Klopp got the tactics right for this one and that he did.

It kind of reminded me off Rafa in the CL he knew exactly what tactics were necessary to get us the W over the two legs and for me Klopp did exactly that. Even with Henderson coming off the tactics remained the same, be tight and compact don't overexpose ourselves and only when the opportunity arises attack.

Going a goal ahead was imperative to these tactics working, so kudos to the front three linking up well and taking their chances when they came (Mane). Once we were ahead it allowed more space for us to counter as Bayern became that bit more erratic and careless in their play as they had to get two goals, even when they equalised I was quietly confident we would get a chance to score again, thankfully we took that chance in VVD.

Great performance from the team and the gaffer alike.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #911: Mar 14, 2019 11:16:50 am
      Our first goal was definitely a training ground move. VVD knows where to find Mane and Mane did the rest. Both seem to instinctively know where ball will be.

Neuer’s mistake to come out but that pass was a well worked training ground move which paid dividends.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #912: Mar 14, 2019 05:09:39 pm
      Flying visit...Well in Boss....Ha Bayern in his pocket all along..didn’t want to be at them at Anfield, wanted to sh*t on them at the Allianz..👍🏼

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #913: Mar 14, 2019 05:31:49 pm
      Klopp is the man.

Were getting better every season, and can only see that continuing over the next few years.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #914: Mar 14, 2019 07:20:54 pm
      ;D as if Klopp or the majority of Reds give a sh*t about you and your fellow couple of idiots support.

Self entitled modern fans!

You follow the wrong club, to make it simple for you it’s all in the motto!
      Here's the thing you mention "you and your fellow couple of idiots support." They are not my "support" I personally do not need anyone to support me, and I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. I just believe that people have a right to their opinions without have to suffer a torrent of abuse for stating them.

I my disagree with things both Rib' and Panzer says, but I don't spout abuse at them. Nor do i feel i have to comment on everything they say...

Notice recently you have been getting abuse for some of your post, an although a small side of me may smile thinking that there is some poetic justice to it. But mostly; just like with Rib' Panzer and any other supporter on this forum who suffers abuse for stating thier opinions I stand right beside them and their rights to do so.

That includes you
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2019 07:26:35 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #915: Mar 14, 2019 08:45:06 pm
      Here's the thing you mention "you and your fellow couple of idiots support." They are not my "support" I personally do not need anyone to support me, and I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. I just believe that people have a right to their opinions without have to suffer a torrent of abuse for stating them.

I my disagree with things both Rib' and Panzer says, but I don't spout abuse at them. Nor do i feel i have to comment on everything they say...

Notice recently you have been getting abuse for some of your post, an although a small side of me may smile thinking that there is some poetic justice to it. But mostly; just like with Rib' Panzer and any other supporter on this forum who suffers abuse for stating thier opinions I stand right beside them and their rights to do so.

That includes you

Nice post. It's a forum and it's about opinions. Never been a player or a manager of the club who is above criticism. Yeah...saying that's a load of crap. or talking tripe, claptrap...ok..but outright abuse no. Not that much wrong tho. Other sites are far worse I think for abuse. Left a few because of it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #916: Mar 15, 2019 05:42:19 am
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #917: Mar 15, 2019 02:40:55 pm
      My son just text' me about how chuffed he is that we got to CL final last year, have a great chance of the semis (& further) this year, whilst challenging for the prem. 

I was thinking about how much we'd been transformed as a club since Klopp took over just under 3.5 years ago.

I looked up the squad he took over and his transfers in/out since he's been our boss.  I don't like to get too caught up in "net spend" talk, but it is amazing what he's done.

For a net spend of £94M (obviously influenced by Coutinho's departure!) he's brought in: -

Mane
      Salah
      Matip
      Gini
      Robbo
      Ox
      VVD
      Fab
      Keita
      Shaq
      Alisson

For the loss of (key players): -

Coutinho
      Sakho (at a push!)

It's utterly incredible when you look at that and think where we'd been give or take the odd flash-in-a-pan season.

Jürgen is the man and anyone........... ANYONE doubting his methods has to be a F###wit!!!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #918: Mar 15, 2019 06:44:38 pm

I was just going to the check this out as I heard that stat this morning.

Fantastic run.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #919: Mar 15, 2019 07:43:13 pm
      I was just going to the check this out as I heard that stat this morning.

Fantastic run.

We’ve got to the final of every international competition he’s managed us in.

Europa 16
      Champs League 18

Now in the QFs again.

Outstanding.

Quick Reply