Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 188452 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #966: Apr 01, 2019 01:01:40 am
      I knew he'd play that midfield 3 today, given it was Spurs. I thought the midfield did well. I thought bringing on Fabinho and Origi for Milner and Hendo was a great decision, we immediately looked like we were going for the win. We could also have easily  thrown it away but imagine if we drew that game; City would have a game in hand an be on top. Fabinho looked great when he came on and I thought Origi did well too. Bit of luck? Feels a bit like 2005 and we had luck then too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #967: Apr 01, 2019 01:38:29 am
      cant pick a side cant get his tactics right but top of the league I know who I trust

Why do you keep banging this drum?

In one part of Klopp's post match interview he said that we lost control and couldn't get a grip in the second half. If anyone on here remotely says that you start banging this drum again, been going on for the best part of the week, maybe longer and it's really starting to wear thin.

I don't know what you are trying to get at, we are all fully aware of how well we have done this season and we are all loving being this close to hopefully finally getting that title but just because we are in this position it doesn't mean everything is 100% perfect. Yes we are top, but we have also played more games and if City win that game in hand you can quite easily argue Klopp hasn't always gotten it right or we would still have been top regardless and wouldn't have had them turn around 8 points on us. You and Swab seem to have a little thing going at the moment and it's becoming really tiresome, you are literally trying to suck out all discussion on here other than...we are top, Klopp is 100% perfect, can't dare say anything that Klopp might not do or has done differently.

Get over yourselves, the pair of you, it's pathetic. You are sucking out the enjoyment from the wins on here just as much as the WUMS.

« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019 01:43:45 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #968: Apr 01, 2019 04:27:18 am
      I haven't read anyone else's comments but if we had dropped points, I was ready to come in here and have a mega crack at Jürgen.

First off that midfield trio of Hendo, Gin and Milner does not work. After 30 minutes, it was like the Spuds took full control. Was screaming at Jürgen to get Fabinho on and Milner or Hendo off but nope, Klopp waited till scores were level and then brought him on at the 72 min mark. Was devastated when they scored, cursing, screaming and F***ing miserable. Thank F**k for the OG, now I don't have to come in here and rant at all.  ;)

:D :D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #969: Apr 01, 2019 04:38:06 am
      I haven't read anyone else's comments but if we had dropped points, I was ready to come in here and have a mega crack at Jürgen.

First off that midfield trio of Hendo, Gin and Milner does not work. After 30 minutes, it was like the Spuds took full control. Was screaming at Jürgen to get Fabinho on and Milner or Hendo off but nope, Klopp waited till scores were level and then brought him on at the 72 min mark. Was devastated when they scored, cursing, screaming and f**king miserable. Thank f**k for the OG, now I don't have to come in here and rant at all.  ;)

Basically the same for me, though i vented about him a few times already.

I only watched the game live from the 50-55th-ish minute on and we were getting manhandled out there and all i could think to myself was "Jürgen, DO SOMETHING" and every time the camera showed him he'd just stand there staring into space. As we totally lost control of the game, particularly in midfield, i could not comprehend how players like Keita, Fabinho and Lallana were still on the bench. Then, the inevitable happens and Jürgen reacts. I was furious.

Thank heaven Lloris is their goalie but with 6 games left and the title on the line, Jürgen needs to have better days out there. For today, all is forgiven and we carry on to our next game with a view from the top.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #970: Apr 01, 2019 05:16:55 am
      Basically the same for me, though i vented about him a few times already.

I only watched the game live from the 50-55th-ish minute on and we were getting manhandled out there and all i could think to myself was "Jürgen, DO SOMETHING" and every time the camera showed him he'd just stand there staring into space. As we totally lost control of the game, particularly in midfield, i could not comprehend how players like Keita, Fabinho and Lallana were still on the bench. Then, the inevitable happens and Jürgen reacts. I was furious.

Thank heaven Lloris is their goalie but with 6 games left and the title on the line, Jürgen needs to have better days out there. For today, all is forgiven and we carry on to our next game with a view from the top.

Spot on mate and you were right, the TV pans to him and he's got that wry smile on his face. Wanted to slap it off him and say wake the F**k up and make a change!!! Lucky it worked out in the end but surely he has to see the mids were getting run over, get Fab the F**k on to take control ASAP. We could all see it needing to happen but Jürgen was just standing there looking bemused.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #971: Apr 01, 2019 11:28:26 am
      Called out by Pochetino for having 100m sat on the bench would have been a right inquisition if we didn't get the points in the end. Jürgen needs to bin that combination in midfield and play one capable of controlling and closing out games.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #972: Apr 01, 2019 11:44:10 am
      The difference Fabinho made yesterday was there for all to see , Klopp will surely sit down in the cold light of day and think I got away with one there,
      In games we simply have to win that trio in midfield offers nothing the three of them were poor yesterday ,
      We won so move on but let’s not pretend the gaffer has his best day because he simply didn’t.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #973: Apr 01, 2019 12:00:01 pm
      Quote from AussieRed

You don't need to read other comments, you know what they would be. Then we won the game, and the keyboards had to be left alone.

400 goals scored under Klopp. Top of the league.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #974: Apr 01, 2019 12:02:28 pm
      The difference Fabinho made yesterday was there for all to see , Klopp will surely sit down in the cold light of day and think I got away with one there,
      In games we simply have to win that trio in midfield offers nothing the three of them were poor yesterday ,
      We won so move on but let’s not pretend the gaffer has his best day because he simply didn’t.

Horses for courses - midfield bosses the first half despite being very careless in possession (especially Gini and Hendo - as was VvD incidentally).

We were set up to catch them in transition and move the ball widely quickly. Largely that worked first half and we should’ve been further ahead.

They changed shape and we didn’t move the ball as quickly in 2nd half.

Like it or not the midfield is gonna get rotated and they will all have some games where they are better than others. Fab won’t play every game and that midfield will play again this season.

Our midfield options - 10 aside - rival anyone in Europe. That’s the real story here - even Poch sees it.

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #975: Apr 01, 2019 12:37:55 pm

First off that midfield trio of Hendo, Gin and Milner does not work. After 30 minutes, it was like the Spuds took full control. Was screaming at Jürgen to get Fabinho on and Milner or Hendo off but nope, Klopp waited till scores were level and then brought him on at the 72 min mark. Was devastated when they scored, cursing, screaming and f**king miserable. Thank f**k for the OG, now I don't have to come in here and rant at all.  ;)

Agree with this.  Was surprised we didn't start Fab but we controlled for 30 mins before Poch changed it up and we failed to adapt as they took charge.  A change should have happened around the hour mark as the equalizer was beginning to look inevitable.  Fab should be number 1 in our midfield with Gini & A N Other.

Credit for the attacking subs though bringing Origi on for a midfielder, whilst we were exposed at the back, we held on and forced a winner, albeit slightly fortunately.

In Klopp we trust.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #976: Apr 01, 2019 02:43:57 pm
      Horses for courses - midfield bosses the first half despite being very careless in possession (especially Gini and Hendo - as was VvD incidentally).

We were set up to catch them in transition and move the ball widely quickly. Largely that worked first half and we should’ve been further ahead.

They changed shape and we didn’t move the ball as quickly in 2nd half.

Like it or not the midfield is gonna get rotated and they will all have some games where they are better than others. Fab won’t play every game and that midfield will play again this season.

Our midfield options - 10 aside - rival anyone in Europe. That’s the real story here - even Poch sees it.

yup the 3 in MF that started were working fine, but spuds changed system and played very well 2nd half, Klopp made the change with 20 mins to go, and we got some control back, we kept pressing and attacking and we got our just rewards.

So all good and all that stuff. :-)
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #977: Apr 01, 2019 02:49:01 pm
      11 games away from having a statue outside Anfield.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #978: Apr 01, 2019 07:30:59 pm
      11 games away from having a statue outside Anfield.
      I here you mate, but we are also only two teams (four games away from a CL final as well  ;D ;D ;D ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #979: Apr 01, 2019 09:07:05 pm
      Why do you keep banging this drum?

In one part of Klopp's post match interview he said that we lost control and couldn't get a grip in the second half. If anyone on here remotely says that you start banging this drum again, been going on for the best part of the week, maybe longer and it's really starting to wear thin.

I don't know what you are trying to get at, we are all fully aware of how well we have done this season and we are all loving being this close to hopefully finally getting that title but just because we are in this position it doesn't mean everything is 100% perfect. Yes we are top, but we have also played more games and if City win that game in hand you can quite easily argue Klopp hasn't always gotten it right or we would still have been top regardless and wouldn't have had them turn around 8 points on us. You and Swab seem to have a little thing going at the moment and it's becoming really tiresome, you are literally trying to suck out all discussion on here other than...we are top, Klopp is 100% perfect, can't dare say anything that Klopp might not do or has done differently.

Get over yourselves, the pair of you, it's pathetic. You are sucking out the enjoyment from the wins on here just as much as the WUMS.

Stop trying to drag me into your sh*t.

I have never said people can't discuss or have an opinion, I've only made the common sense point that unless you have the same information that Klopp has then you cannot definitively say he "made a mistake", or "got it wrong".

That's it, pure and simple, and I stand by it.

You spent weeks berating the manager for not playing Keita and Shaqiri, only for it to transpire that both had been carrying injuries.

I didn't see you backtrack on that, or show a little humility and hold your hands up when you were wrong, so lecturing others for something seems a bit rich, and is exactly what I'm talking about when I say a definitive statement without having all the facts is nonsense.

Have any opinion you want, but have a little humility as well, and admit when you get it wrong.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #980: Apr 01, 2019 10:20:05 pm
      You spent weeks berating the manager for not playing Keita and Shaqiri, only for it to transpire that both had been carrying injuries.

I didn't see you backtrack on that, or show a little humility and hold your hands up when you were wrong, so lecturing others for something seems a bit rich, and is exactly what I'm talking about when I say a definitive statement without having all the facts is nonsense.

Have any opinion you want, but have a little humility as well, and admit when you get it wrong.

No I didn't, I asked the question as to why they weren't playing so there was nothing to "back track" on because I didn't get anything wrong. Unless you class asking a question as making a statement.

Shaqiri, before his injury was announced -

Played 18mins in the last 6 games, not played at all for the last 4. So is it that questionable attitude showing through or just not doing enough in training?

Either way, something doesn’t seem quite right.

Oh, and I was one of the first on here to say about his injury;

As for Keita, I asked the question about what's happened to him because it didn't make sense for Klopp to be playing him into form but then not play him when he hits form.

Also them injuries were announced after they had already been getting named on the bench, so people were always going to ask the question... That's right, question. Not statement, question.

So once again you are full of rubbish and complete bull, and nothing to back up your nonsense as per...unless you really do class what I said as "berating" the manager over them.

Blert, try practicing what you preach. Don't know why I waste my time with you.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019 10:32:26 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #981: Apr 01, 2019 10:39:53 pm
      No I didn't, I asked the question as to why they weren't playing so there was nothing to "back track" on.

Shaqiri, before his injury was announced -

Oh, and I was one of the first on here to say about his injury;

As for Keita, I asked the question about what's happened to him because it didn't make sense for Klopp to be playing him into form but then not play him when he hits form.

So once again you are full of rubbish and complete bull, and nothing to back up your nonsense...unless you really do class what I said as "berating" the manager over them.

Blert, try practicing what you preach.

Once again, as is your wont, selectively answering only the points you want to.

You were banging on about Keita and Shaqiri for weeks, and you know it.

As for your "blert" comment, you'll notice I don't get involved in that sh*t, about who should be picked etc etc
      You know why?
      Because it would be a guess, not an opinion, a guess, and I can't be arsed playing those games, where someone throws out a random guess then uses it to bang on for ages about how things would have been different if only the manager had picked the team they wanted him to pick.
      I've seen people ignore statements about injuries and keep banging the same drum.
      Then there was the epic "I don't care what Klopp thinks".

It's the same as the transfer thread.
      I have no idea what the manager is looking for, so I don't get into it.
      If others want to, fine no problem here, I just don't do it myself.
      It's just more guesswork, as is your weird fixation with Fekir.

When someone says their opinion carries the same weight as Klopp's, it's clearly bollocks, and astonishingly arrogant.

Then there's the complete lack of understanding of simple systems, formations and tactics, and you think that I can't have an opinion about how much horseshit someone is talking?
      I notice you're quick enough to call it out when it suits you, but apparently no one else can.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #982: Apr 01, 2019 10:43:05 pm
      You were banging on about Keita and Shaqiri for weeks, and you know it.

Prove it, back up your claims for once.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #983: Apr 01, 2019 10:48:49 pm
      Prove it, back up your claims for once.

Here we go again.
      Everything ignored in favour of a misdirection post.

I'm not wasting my time going through your posts, which is exactly why you ask it.

I know it, and I know you know it, that's good enough for me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #984: Apr 01, 2019 10:53:08 pm
      Here we go again.
      Everything ignored in favour of a misdirection post.

I'm not wasting my time going through your posts, which is exactly why you ask it.

I know it, and I know you know it, that's good enough for me.

You've made an accusation, twice and you then accuse me of misdirecting a post when I call you out to prove it...again. Yet you are the one not backing up your claim. I've searched through posts before, if you've got an accusation then back it up. You're a joke.

I ignored the rest of your post because it was rubbish, I only replied to the other bit because you made a claim.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019 10:57:20 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #985: Apr 01, 2019 11:02:43 pm
      You've made an accusation, twice and you then accuse me of misdirecting a post when I call you out to prove it...again. Yet you are the one not backing up your claim. I've searched through posts before, if you've got an accusation then back it up. You're a joke.

I ignored the rest of your post because it was rubbish, I only replied to the other bit because you made a claim.

:laugh:

This is the second time in the last week or so you've gone out of your way to pick a row with me, and as usual you cherrypick parts of posts to suit yourself.

I seriously can't be arsed.
      I don't have to prove a thing to anyone, and I especially can't be arsed going through hundreds of posts, which of course is exactly why you only focus on that one part of my post.

Funny.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #986: Apr 01, 2019 11:05:07 pm
      :laugh:

This is the second time in the last week or so you've gone out of your way to pick a row with me, and as usual you cherrypick parts of posts to suit yourself.

I seriously can't be arsed.
      I don't have to prove a thing to anyone, and I especially can't be arsed going through hundreds of posts, which of course is exactly why you only focus on that one part of my post.

Funny.

Haven't picked a row with you, just called you out on your bullshit once again. Like I said, you're a joke.
      Like I said, I picked out that part of your post because it was the second time you'd made the claim and not backed it up. Moan about people cherry picking your posts but you do the exact same and bottle your accusations.
      Back up your claims for once and people might actually have some respect for you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #987: Apr 01, 2019 11:11:59 pm
      Haven't picked a row with you, just called you out on your bullshit once again. Like I said, you're a joke.
      Like I said, I picked out that part of your post because it was the second time you'd made the claim and not backed it up. Moan about people cherry picking your posts but you do the exact same and bottle your accusations.
      Back up your claims for once and people might actually have some respect for you.

Yes you have.
      That's why you threw my name out when it was Walton you had the issue with.
      This is getting like the time you started deleting my posts to "get my attention" and to "prove a point".
      I'm not playing your games, and I have enough people in my life who respect me, I don't need some pixels approval.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #988: Apr 01, 2019 11:14:38 pm
      Yes you have.
      That's why you threw my name out when it was Walton you had the issue with.
      This is getting like the time you started deleting my posts to "get my attention" and to "prove a point".
      I'm not playing your games, and I have enough people in my life who respect me, I don't need some pixels approval.

If I was trying to get your attention why would I delete your posts?  That makes no sense, if I wanted your attention then I wouldn't delete your posts because you wouldn't see it :laugh:. If I want someone's attention I'd quote them, if I wanted to prove a point I prove it....unlike you, as evident once again on this page.

You are full of accusations and rubbish time and time again and divert the second you are called out on it and then move onto another.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019 11:19:36 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply