Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186543 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1035: Apr 11, 2019 12:38:16 am
      Well, since old mate Real Donavan Ried is riding hard on this non bullying thing, I'm going to put this as nice as possible...

I don't think you know anything about football.

It's not bullying, it's just my f**king opinion.

There is no black and white absolutes in football. Klopp promoted a little team into the Bundesliga, then took over another team that wasn't Munich and won them a cup and two titles. Having seen what Munich have done since he left, and are looking more than likely to do this year, it's a feat that nothing Rodgers has never done has matched. His pedigree is already proven, so to say he is unproven is flat out wrong.

Rodgers embarrassing attempt at a Champions League run versus what Klopp has built us into in Europe. Chalk and cheese.

Rodgers riding Suarez to an almost lucky title before falling back into the sh*t that he served up most of his time here versus Klopp building a consistent challenger.

Domestic cups still yet to do much, but Rodgers didn't either. Last time any success was there was Kenny so. Also gotten a touch unlucky with draws (Chelsea and Wolves as our first legs in the respective competitions this year, man.)

There is no comparison between the two managers. Stop it. Just stop.
      Rodgers was a flopp and finished 2nd, my point is 2nd is nothing. People are pretty thick if they can't grasp that. There's a lot of people here who can't grasp simple concepts and come out with insults. Neanderthal is a term for half the people on this page.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1036: Apr 11, 2019 01:50:28 am
      I didn't say I didn't see the difference, but like Rafa said, Klopp has to win trophies. 2nd isn't a trophy, we've improved but he's had a good backing from FSG. All this improvement means nothing if we don't win a trophy. If we win a trophy this season then great, if not then Klopp is unproven still. Some people think 2nd place is a trophy I think. Do you think a sales manager would be happy if their staff almost sold products for a long period of time? It's better than staff that are nowhere near selling a product, but unless they sell the product it's a fail. Klopp's done okay but he has not had a perfect season. We were 7 points ahead with a game in hand, but the midfield was set up badly and now we are 2 points ahead but they have a game in hand. Last couple of games we seen Henderson as an 8 and Keita in the middle scoring, before that our midfield was invisible. Klopp's done well but he's not the finished article people think he is.

All this improvement means a great deal no matter what. Yes Klopp is not the finished article yet because he loses Finals, but if he does snag one of the two we're in for, he's king with no reason to doubt
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1037: Apr 11, 2019 04:48:01 am
      Rodgers was a flopp and finished 2nd, my point is 2nd is nothing. People are pretty thick if they can't grasp that. There's a lot of people here who can't grasp simple concepts and come out with insults. Neanderthal is a term for half the people on this page.

Right, so your point about the "need" for trophies is fine. I get that. While I think context to every season needs to be given, I do understand that 2nd is just 1st loser, essentially. But, still much preferred to 7th or 8th as it was a few years back.

The context is that the points total we have now is starting to appear in "In x season, this would have won the league" lists and we still have five matches to run. Bar a drastic drop in performance, we should end the season on 90+ points. We're only a win away from bettering the efforts of Rodgers best year - with the consistency in year to year performance and overall blueprint with Klopp being much more apparent than Rodgers ideas for this team ever were.

There's some irony in you claiming some can't grasp simple concepts because you can't grasp the complexities of the modern game, either. Nor can you seem to grasp the complexities of the unique nature of league play in football - the fact that your performance can be at an all time great level, and still come second because the other team is literally one of the greatest league teams of all time. I think we're a good shout at this title, but if we do come second with anywhere north of 90 points, we have had the greatest season ever to not win the title. While there is no prizes for that, and it is something that we still need to try and improve on because we have to try and be better, it means that this team is absolutely going in the right direction and KLOPP IS A FUCKLOAD BETTER THAN RODGERS. He IS PROVEN. Which is where this has all stemmed from and I can't for the life of me understand why you could even suggest Klopp is "unproven" if he doesn't claim silverware this year. He's a year ahead of where I thought we would be (I didn't think this kind of season was in us until at least next year) and is still in the running for both the League and Champions League in April - a position we haven't been in since 2009 - and on this day in 2009 we had just lost 1-3 at home to Chelsea in Europe, so we're in a far better position than we were then.

Your original quote below states Klopp has to win the league to beat Rodgers. That is absolutely wrong. He already has beaten Rodgers.

Look further than the "Simple" that you THINK people don't grasp, and maybe you'll work out why.

Klopp won't be getting an extension yet. He's contracted until 2022. I'm not against an extension, but Rodger's came 2nd in the league, so Klopp has to win the league to beat Rodgers yet.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #1038: Apr 11, 2019 06:20:54 am

Before you start labelling people as being thick take a look at yourself fella.
      Please judge Jürgen when the season has ended and not until,  because when we win the league your statement is going to look pretty stupid and you will end up being the thick one.  :mad:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1039: Apr 11, 2019 07:03:12 am
      Before you start labelling people as being thick take a look at yourself fella.
      Please judge Jürgen when the season has ended and not until,  because when we win the league your statement is going to look pretty stupid and you will end up being the thick one.  :mad:
      i will judge him when the season is ended, but people were talking about extensions to his contract now, so I talked about current achievements, 0 trophies. Only performance increase. He's not made his superior managerial qualities count yet. Until he has atleast 1  trophy, nobody can be sure.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019 07:08:45 am by Ribapuru »
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1040: Apr 11, 2019 07:07:47 am
      I didn't say I didn't see the difference, but like Rafa said, Klopp has to win trophies. 2nd isn't a trophy, we've improved but he's had a good backing from FSG. All this improvement means nothing if we don't win a trophy. If we win a trophy this season then great, if not then Klopp is unproven still. Some people think 2nd place is a trophy I think. Do you think a sales manager would be happy if their staff almost sold products for a long period of time? It's better than staff that are nowhere near selling a product, but unless they sell the product it's a fail. Klopp's done okay but he has not had a perfect season. We were 7 points ahead with a game in hand, but the midfield was set up badly and now we are 2 points ahead but they have a game in hand. Last couple of games we seen Henderson as an 8 and Keita in the middle scoring, before that our midfield was invisible. Klopp's done well but he's not the finished article people think he is.

If you can't see how far we've came under Klopp then I give up.

We'd have our first league trophy in 29 years sewn up easily this season if it we weren't up against those rich wankpuffins down the road.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1041: Apr 11, 2019 07:20:47 am

We'd have our first league trophy in 29 years sewn up easily this season if it we weren't up against those rich wankpuffins down the road.
      I'm just saying wait to see if we win as trophy before 3 years extension. That would be until 2025 for a manager that hasn't won anything yet. There's an element of uncertainty about it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1042: Apr 11, 2019 07:29:05 am
      Well, since old mate Real Donavan Ried is riding hard on this non bullying thing, I'm going to put this as nice as possible...

I don't think you know anything about football.

It's not bullying, it's just my f**king opinion.

There is no black and white absolutes in football. Klopp promoted a little team into the Bundesliga, then took over another team that wasn't Munich and won them a cup and two titles. Having seen what Munich have done since he left, and are looking more than likely to do this year, it's a feat that nothing Rodgers has never done has matched. His pedigree is already proven, so to say he is unproven is flat out wrong.

Rodgers embarrassing attempt at a Champions League run versus what Klopp has built us into in Europe. Chalk and cheese.

Rodgers riding Suarez to an almost lucky title before falling back into the sh*t that he served up most of his time here versus Klopp building a consistent challenger.

Domestic cups still yet to do much, but Rodgers didn't either. Last time any success was there was Kenny so. Also gotten a touch unlucky with draws (Chelsea and Wolves as our first legs in the respective competitions this year, man.)

There is no comparison between the two managers. Stop it. Just stop.

Not to mention losing a huge player and actually getting better - it all F***ing fell apart once Rodger’s top player left.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1043: Apr 11, 2019 08:52:41 am

Just stop pal. stop now.

Klopp has got us back into champions league consistently. 1 Europa Final, 1 League Cup final, 1 Champions league final, almost into another Semi final.

5 games away from winning the league for 1st time in 29 years. Already a record points haul, up against the team with teh most financial resources in the world in city. ffs. if we win the league this season it will be huge. If we finish 2nd it will still be amazing, as it will be the most points a runner up will have got, and that can be said of city too.

But most importantly, big payers want to play for klopp, top top players want to come to Liverpool again. lose Klopp and we lose the big players, and we go back to scrapping for 4th place at best.

And another thing, the team klopp is building is not finished yet, its improving every year, the consistency this year is phenomenal, that is only gonna get better think about that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1044: Apr 11, 2019 08:56:26 am
      All this improvement means a great deal no matter what. Yes Klopp is not the finished article yet because he loses Finals, but if he does snag one of the two we're in for, he's king with no reason to doubt

you have to be in the finals to lose them mate, eventually we will win finals with klopp. perhaps even this season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1045: Apr 11, 2019 08:56:59 am
      Not to mention losing a huge player and actually getting better - it all f**king fell apart once Rodger’s top player left.
      Coutinho was over rated, if we didn't sell him we wouldn't have got Alisson or Van Dijk, who are far more important to us. Rodgers top player was Suarez, who is probably the best player in the world, not an overrated mardy overpriced winger that followed after.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1046: Apr 11, 2019 08:58:20 am

We're moving in the right direction but we are not at the destination.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1047: Apr 11, 2019 08:58:58 am
      I'm just saying wait to see if we win as trophy before 3 years extension. That would be until 2025 for a manager that hasn't won anything yet. There's an element of uncertainty about it.

I would give klopp the keys to anfield just now. He has won the hearts and minds of most LFC fans, and more importantly as I eluded to above old chap, he has the players on his side.

sign him till 2030.

Building a bastion of invincibility. YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1048: Apr 11, 2019 09:00:49 am
      Just stop pal. stop now.

Klopp has got us back into champions league consistently. 1 Europa Final, 1 League Cup final, 1 Champions league final, almost into another Semi final.

5 games away from winning the league for 1st time in 29 years. Already a record points haul, up against the team with teh most financial resources in the world in city. ffs. if we win the league this season it will be huge. If we finish 2nd it will still be amazing, as it will be the most points a runner up will have got, and that can be said of city too.

But most importantly, big payers want to play for klopp, top top players want to come to Liverpool again. lose Klopp and we lose the big players, and we go back to scrapping for 4th place at best.

And another thing, the team klopp is building is not finished yet, its improving every year, the consistency this year is phenomenal, that is only gonna get better think about that.
      I don't have to stop anything, I can have my opinion, you don't have to be so fickle. I have not said he's done badly. He has made mistakes and he doesn't have a trophy yet. Huge improvement, but we do need to win trophies before we start getting cocky. What's greatness without trophies? It's underachievement.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1049: Apr 11, 2019 09:16:30 am
      I don't have to stop anything, I can have my opinion, you don't have to be so fickle. I have not said he's done badly. He has made mistakes and he doesn't have a trophy yet. Huge improvement, but we do need to win trophies before we start getting cocky. What's greatness without trophies? It's underachievement.

no you crack on by all means, Im enjoying it. :-)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1050: Apr 11, 2019 09:54:39 am
      no you crack on by all means, Im enjoying it. :-)
      This team should be putting trophies in its cabinet, I'll be enjoying that.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1051: Apr 11, 2019 09:59:12 am
      I would give klopp the keys to anfield just now. He has won the hearts and minds of most LFC fans, and more importantly as I eluded to above old chap, he has the players on his side.

sign him till 2030.

Building a bastion of invincibility. YNWA

Spot on for me.

These are special times - it’s as obvious as Cyrano’s nose.

When times are good you commit and work to make them better collectively.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1052: Apr 11, 2019 10:14:17 am
      There's also brilliant football saying, that is very relevant.

" They don't hand trophy's out till may "

We are a 3rd of the way through April and still in with a very very very good chance of winning the 2 biggest trophy's there are.

Just don't get why anyone can be anything but positive right now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1053: Apr 11, 2019 10:17:17 am
      apparently we are all entitled to an opinion and I have mine ;D

Apparently,  being the operative word Walt, I've posted my opinions many times only for them to be removed by mods, so having your opinion isn't all that, 'Apparently'
      Wonder if this will be removed for inciting 'trouble',
      Only my opinion,  of course!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1054: Apr 11, 2019 10:21:32 am

Apparently,  being the operative word Walt, I've posted my opinions many times only for them to be removed by mods, so having your opinion isn't all that, 'Apparently'
      Wonder if this will be removed for inciting 'trouble',
      Only my opinion,  of course!!

Or it could get removed for being "off topic", which is why most posts get deleted.
      Off topic or point scoring posts have been deleted a lot lately.
      Cause strictly speaking this is Jürgen's thread.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1055: Apr 11, 2019 10:52:28 am

Well I turned wine into water.
      Not very drinkable water, but a water of sorts 😂

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1056: Apr 11, 2019 11:04:36 am

Rib, i do find you quite amusing at times. You are obviously a passionate person, that is clear to see. Sometimes though, you have to take a step back and think before you post.

I am in no way telling you what to think or do but i ask of you this question?

Knock off you laptop or tablet, sit in your living room without a TV, music or any other distractions for 10 minutes and wallow in an environment of complete calm and serenity.

Then repeat your comment about Coutinho to yourself and come back.

I think you will find that you will have a different view on Coutinho when you are not highly strung or wound up.

Thank you sir.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1057: Apr 11, 2019 11:36:10 am
      Personally what’s important to me is the beautiful football we play and the joy it brings for that 90mins, sometimes it’s agony but then the joy wouldn’t be as sweet.

After a week of the mundane earning a crust to pay the mortgage and bills watching the mighty Reds is about immersing yourself somewhere else without all the worries that you may have.

Trophies are all secondary, maybe I’m just a bit odd  :D

Quick Reply