Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186563 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1150: Apr 19, 2019 02:25:46 am
      You're misunderstanding the point he's making. Klopp's point isn't that the Leicester game has no effect (that's something you've said, not him), it's that the other 37 games are just as important.

If you say we lost it at Leicester, why not at Everton, Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, Man Utd or what about the loss and draw to City? It's like saying if we do win the league we did so at Arsenal in December, those three points were more important than the other 97 (or whatever we end up with) for some reason. It's a simplistic, reductionist argument that holds no weight whatsoever.

As for Clyne there's absolutely nothing to suggest we'd have picked up more points with him than without. In fact as others have pointed out it could have had the opposite effect, who knows.

I don't get why we're discussing where we may possibly have lost the league before it's even over, or maybe more importantly why I feel the need to respond...

We're pushing one of the best teams in recent history for the title, and we're in yet another Champions League semi. No, Klopp isn't perfect, but he's the best man for the job and I have absolutely nothing to complain about. If we do miss out on trophies yet again I'll be bitterly disappointed but if you can't see the direction this team is heading you don't deserve to come along on the ride. ENJOY IT!

Saved me a whole lot of typing!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1151: Apr 19, 2019 12:58:38 pm
      I didn't think we should let Clyne go, but do I look back now and think it had and significant bearing on the title run - nope.
      Talk about red herrings :(
      Jürgen has done brilliant, obviously he's not perfect - NOBODY is - but he's pretty damn close.
      Even if we win F**k all this season, it's be a great effort/ride - he makes us better again over the summer, and we go again next year...
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1152: Apr 19, 2019 08:00:40 pm
      Obviously got to focus on Cardiff then Huddersfield but can't help speculating on Klopp's stop Messi plan. Lock him in the bog..seriously...lock him in the feckin' bog.

Man mark him, play 4 in midfield. Messi is a bit of a 5-a-side player.Once Barca lose possession Messi just walks watching till Barca get possession back. And he drifts about on the half way line loitering with intent. Could we do something left field...put TAA on him, switch Milner to left back, rest one of the front 3 to accommodate TAA as man marker. Or Robbo on Messi.

Just sitting deep with 3 in midfield is a bit predictable for this one off. Messi and Suarez, Coutinho even know how to unlock a defence sitting in. Could even play 5 at the back, 4 in mid with Salah the lone front runner. Swamp them..!

2-0 down and we are still in it..3-0..maybe not.How ambition in terms of going for the away goal can we be. Not going to be easy but I think we have a chance.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1153: Apr 19, 2019 08:07:59 pm
      Obviously got to focus on Cardiff then Huddersfield but can't help speculating on Klopp's stop Messi plan. Lock him in the bog..seriously...lock him in the feckin' bog.

Man mark him, play 4 in midfield. Messi is a bit of a 5-a-side player.Once Barca lose possession Messi just walks watching till Barca get possession back. And he drifts about on the half way line loitering with intent. Could we do something left field...put TAA on him, switch Milner to left back, rest one of the front 3 to accommodate TAA as man marker. Or Robbo on Messi.

Just sitting deep with 3 in midfield is a bit predictable for this one off. Messi and Suarez, Coutinho even know how to unlock a defence sitting in. Could even play 5 at the back, 4 in mid with Salah the lone front runner. Swamp them..!

2-0 down and we are still in it..3-0..maybe not.How ambition in terms of going for the away goal can we be. Not going to be easy but I think we have a chance.

Even if you lock him in a bog he'd end up curling one in. ;)
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #1154: Apr 19, 2019 08:38:16 pm
      Even if you lock him in a bog he'd end up curling one in. ;)

Curling one out, fixed that for you.  ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1155: Apr 20, 2019 08:25:08 am
      Thanks Klopp again to making us dream! For Messi, in Malta we say play the man meaning we should man mark him and be physical. I would play Henderson on him. He should be his shadow for two games.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1156: Apr 21, 2019 02:10:47 pm
      We messed up because we had a massive defensive crisis in the winter. We got rid of Clyne and had Henderson as a right back, people said it had no effect, but Henderson should have been in the midfield. The cost of loaning out Clyne has been two important points and it's an opinion, you guys can put your heads in the sand. I've lost all respect for those who agreed with me in the winter that it was a mistake and now said it's had no effect.

Klopp's done fantastic all round, but Clyne going was bad. Klopp got us in prime position by improving us, but the Clyne thing cost us in my opinion. Clyne is just as much at fault. He could have been a part of something big.
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2019 02:15:46 pm by Ribapuru »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1157: Apr 21, 2019 02:22:40 pm
      We messed up because we had a massive defensive crisis in the winter. We got rid of Clyne and had Henderson as a right back, people said it had no effect, but Henderson should have been in the midfield. The cost of loaning out Clyne has been two important points and it's an opinion, you guys can put your heads in the sand. I've lost all respect for those who agreed with me in the winter that it was a mistake and now said it's had no effect.

Klopp's done fantastic all round, but Clyne going was bad. Klopp got us in prime position by improving us, but the Clyne thing cost us in my opinion. Clyne is just as much at fault. He could have been a part of something big.
      You posted multiple times that Henderson isn’t good enough in midfield and shouldn’t be played ?!

Clyne was at best four choice right back and him going won’t be the difference between us winning or coming second

Or simply put

Stop talking sh*te
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1158: Apr 21, 2019 02:28:09 pm
      You posted multiple times that Henderson isn’t good enough in midfield and shouldn’t be played ?!

Clyne was at best four choice right back and him going won’t be the difference between us winning or coming second

Or simply put

Stop talking sh*te
      There are football mechanics behind this I'm not going to get into. Takes to long to get into for somebody who doesn't even know what a DLPM is.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1159: Apr 21, 2019 02:31:31 pm
      There are football mechanics behind this I'm not going to get into. Takes to long to get into for somebody who doesn't even know what a DLPM is.

Football mechanics 😂😂

Stop waffling bollocks
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1160: Apr 21, 2019 02:48:13 pm

Talking sh*te as usual Rib, you are using one game where Jürgen experimented by using Hendo as a RB, it was a one off trial which needless to say didn’t work,
      normally Milner would have played there and nothing would seem out of place, albeit not being his favoured position, but hey, he’s a team player and will play wherever asked to, same question was asked of Henderson that particular day, yes Clyne is more natural in that role but he’s been f***in sh*te and more importantly Klopp didn’t trust him to give the kind of performance he wanted, if that is seen as a mistake that’s fairy muff, but to blame it for us possibly missing out on the title is a bit ott,

Managers up and down the land get paid handsomely for making decisions, some they will get wrong but for the most part our manager gets it right, and that’s all any of us can ask,

IF we were to miss out on any kind of silverware this season I’m not going to say it was a failure, although disappointing, nor will I blame any decision in any match Jürgen has made, up to now we’ve had our best season in years, and nothing will change that, we could end with a double we could end with F**k all, but it won’t be for the lack of trying,
      Jürgen Klopp is one if not the best manager on the planet, we’re so lucky he’s ours, and he will deliver success, it’s only a matter of time.

YNWA
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1161: Apr 21, 2019 08:47:53 pm
      88 points, with 3 games to go.
      When you think the state we were in when Jürgen arrived.
      We've come a long way.
      Still can't get my head round how this title is not in our hands.
      It's going right to the end.
      just hope it's a happy one...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1162: Apr 21, 2019 08:59:29 pm
      Pretty insane really to be keeping up with the most expensive project ever in football.

Kudos to Klopp and the boys.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1163: Apr 21, 2019 09:19:38 pm
      There's still Trolling "Klopp out"accounts on Twitter, with genuine Liverpool fans agreeing with them.
      Our fanbase has been watered down by the Sky generation morons!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1164: Apr 21, 2019 09:21:11 pm
      There's still Trolling "Klopp out"accounts on Twitter, with genuine Liverpool fans agreeing with them.
      Our fanbase has been watered down by the Sky generation morons!

That's a little unfair, always been morons going back as far as I can remember, social media has just given them more of a voice.
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2019 09:40:18 pm by Roddenberry »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1165: Apr 21, 2019 09:34:27 pm
      That's a little unfair, always been morons going back as far as I can remember, social media had just given them more of a voice.

True I guess, I just remember being young and supporting worse teams and Managers unconditionally!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1166: Apr 21, 2019 09:51:19 pm
      I just love the way this guy handles himself in interviews. You see so many yes men in this league and he is just so far removed from that. He is so switched on all the time and doesn’t just talk for the sake of it, he lets us know what’s on his mind. Watched a post match presser from Ole, by all accounts a nice guy, but he was just putting one word in front of another and making very little sense. Looked as if he wanted the ground to swallow him up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1167: Apr 21, 2019 10:18:00 pm
      Can people please stop responding to idiots?  If no one responds or interacts with them, they will simply fade away.

You know how to keep a moron in suspense right?
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1168: Apr 21, 2019 10:20:46 pm
      Managing this club is exhausting. The demands and pressures are relentless. Klopp seems to deal with it but we know fans can be fickle. I'd support him regardless of this seasons outcome.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1169: Apr 21, 2019 10:36:06 pm
      I just love the way this guy handles himself in interviews. You see so many yes men in this league and he is just so far removed from that. He is so switched on all the time and doesn’t just talk for the sake of it, he lets us know what’s on his mind. Watched a post match presser from Ole, by all accounts a nice guy, but he was just putting one word in front of another and making very little sense. Looked as if he wanted the ground to swallow him up.

Good observation that. It's as if Solskjaer is playing up to an image as opposed to just being himself. The 'image' being a much talked about but false 'Manchester United way' (similar to the 'Liverpool way'...in that it doesn't exist) that's been imposed on him by the supporters there and the British media.

I personally find it impossible to see how an 'insider'/'club legend' can step up to the plate and manage clubs like Liverpool or Man Utd successfully. Those are the ones that will know so much about the club and empathise so strongly with the supporters (because they are ones themselves) that the pressure, I believe, will be too much. And in many cases such appointments are done so on sentiment rather than merit which is an absolute no no. It's why I never really want to see Gerrard managing the club and nor can I ever see him managing the club.

Clubs like Liverpool need complete outsiders, preferably coming direct from a completely different footballing culture just like Klopp did and Rafa before him. They're able to enter the club and not have their vision clouded by sentimentality or history. I don't think Jürgen ignores our history but he certainly doesn't take it to work with him. He never feels the need to evoke memories of a bygone era because, to put it simply, it matters not a jot to him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1170: Apr 21, 2019 10:41:03 pm

Most points a Liverpool team has ever had in the Premier League era.
      Still three games left to play.
      Agendas are a hell of a drug.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2019 10:52:58 pm by racerx34 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1171: Apr 21, 2019 11:26:24 pm
      Good observation that. It's as if Solskjaer is playing up to an image as opposed to just being himself. The 'image' being a much talked about but false 'Manchester United way' (similar to the 'Liverpool way'...in that it doesn't exist) that's been imposed on him by the supporters there and the British media.

I personally find it impossible to see how an 'insider'/'club legend' can step up to the plate and manage clubs like Liverpool or Man Utd successfully. Those are the ones that will know so much about the club and empathise so strongly with the supporters (because they are ones themselves) that the pressure, I believe, will be too much. And in many cases such appointments are done so on sentiment rather than merit which is an absolute no no. It's why I never really want to see Gerrard managing the club and nor can I ever see him managing the club.

Clubs like Liverpool need complete outsiders, preferably coming direct from a completely different footballing culture just like Klopp did and Rafa before him. They're able to enter the club and not have their vision clouded by sentimentality or history. I don't think Jürgen ignores our history but he certainly doesn't take it to work with him. He never feels the need to evoke memories of a bygone era because, to put it simply, it matters not a jot to him.

Kenny's 3 title wins ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1172: Apr 21, 2019 11:42:59 pm

I was about to mention Kenny but you beat me to it.Don't forget the cup finals in 1986 and 1989.

Quick Reply