Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186728 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1219: Apr 22, 2019 10:41:14 pm
      Believe it or not I agree with this, but I still believe that it would have been prudent to bring in a CB during the January window... It could have quite easily gone wrong had it had been Matip of VVD who had pick up the injury rather than TAA.

Name a club who has more than 4 senior cbs?

You  have 4 to cover for injuries which they have done sound

Why dont we just have 25 cbs 19 rbs 73 lbs 14 gks  112 midfielders and 6000 strikers

That would be prudent
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #1220: Apr 22, 2019 10:49:12 pm

Why dont we just have 25 cbs 19 rbs 73 lbs 14 gks  112 midfielders and 6000 strikers

That would be prudent

Make that 6001 strikers in case we loan one out to Bournemouth, otherwise this place could go into meltdown.  ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1221: Apr 22, 2019 10:50:17 pm
      Like  it or not he does he has raised some valid points... We did have a mini defensive crisis starting mid- December and into Mid January and keeping Clyne would have surely Helped... Not sure about the point of Henderson and not playing him in a more advanced role as he has been recently, as neither we (The Supporters) or Klopp knew then how effective Henderson would be in that role.

To me a CB would have been a good buy over that period and would have helped serve us in both the Leicester City game and the West Ham game, both of which we drew. Either way a win on one or more of these game would see us two, or four points better off.

But we are where we are now, but just saying he does have a point

If both teams win the remaining games and Liverpool don't win the league it will come down to the loss against City.
      Win that and it's a 100 point season and unbeaten throughout.
      Mad that Klopp and the team are going toe to toe with the most financially doped team in history but that's life.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1222: Apr 23, 2019 04:31:08 am
      If we don't win the Title, nothing to do with Clyne or drawing those games, I bring it back to 1 unfortunate minute in our game against Citeh.

Was where Sadio hits the inside of the post, ball rolls along the goal line, Mo just about to smash it home and Ederson unbelievably knocks the ball through Mo's legs and out to safety. Next thing you know they hit us on the break and Sane's F***ing shot goes in off both F***ing posts.

That's the play that could cost us the title. A game of inches could turn into a Title of inches!!!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1223: Apr 23, 2019 07:35:57 am

That would be prudent

You can also add in Fabinho to make it 5 CB’s available

The poster is still trying to hang onto the opinion he had on January- hence in the summer transfer he goes on about getting another CB
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1224: Apr 23, 2019 09:31:59 am
      With that win over Cardiff we've now completed 9 doubles and could make that 12 with our last three games against Huddersfield, Newcastle, and Wolves

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1225: Apr 23, 2019 10:43:03 am
      Most points a Liverpool team has ever had in the Premier League era.
      Still three games left to play.
      Agendas are a hell of a drug.

More addictive than crack cocaine in an 80s LA suburb.......
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1226: Apr 23, 2019 02:33:18 pm

That would be prudent

The first points is irrelevant... Chelsea played a game with no strikers once, does that mean that because no other team had done that They should not have done so...

As for your atempt at maaking other points, they are a bit childish
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2019 04:10:53 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1227: Apr 23, 2019 02:41:29 pm
      If both teams win the remaining games and Liverpool don't win the league it will come down to the loss against City.
      Totally agree, that was a six pointer... My point was not that the draw with Leicester cost us the title, per se. It was more that we should have strengthen in the January window and not doing so may have lead  to draws against Leicester and West Ham and had we won one of those games things would be very different now

Win that and it's a 100 point season and unbeaten throughout.
      Mad that Klopp and the team are going toe to toe with the most financially doped team in history but that's life.

Yes it is, but unless we in the title it means nothing
      Kopite78
      Reply #1228: Apr 23, 2019 02:52:13 pm
      The first points is irrelevant... Chelsea played a game with not strikers once, does that mean that because no other team had do that They should not have done so...

As for your atempt at maaking other points, they are a bit childish

Speaking of child like... your use of English 😯

Seriously though you are stretching so much to try to justify your point to make it seem valid

Yes it's your opinion but unfortunately it is an awful opinion

Sometimes we can make a point, when it's a poor one it's best to just move on.. not try for 4 months to justify it
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1229: Apr 23, 2019 03:16:33 pm
      The first points is irrelevant... Chelsea played a game with not strikers once, does that mean that because no other team had do that They should not have done so...

It's not irrelevant at all.
      We have a squad size limited by rules, and any more than 4 CB's would mean sacrificing players in other positions.
      That's why teams don't have more than 4.

Now, I just know you're going to start banging on about players we could have "sacrificed" to make room for another CB, but let me save you the trouble.
      It's F***ing nonsense to buy a CB to cover for a couple of games; no one who is good enough to play for us would come just to sit on the bench unless we offered silly money, which in turn (like any transfer fee) comes out of this years budget.

Yours is just another computer game scenario, and as opinions go, is right up there with all of Toby Youngs.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1230: Apr 23, 2019 03:32:09 pm
      Totally agree, that was a six pointer... My point was not that the draw with Leicester cost us the title, per se. It was more that we should have strengthen in the January window and not doing so may have lead  to draws against Leicester and West Ham and had we won one of those games things would be very different now

Looking where the team is now:
      In contention for the league.
      In the Semi Finals of the Champions League.

Gomez back and Ox not far off.

There is nothing that makes me think a normal team having to work to traditional constraints does anything different.
      In the summer I expect one or two significant signings, with the rest being replacements for whoever leaves.

Stop comparing Liverpool's (and any other team's) transfer dealings to the likes of City or PSG. 

The only thing that cost Liverpool v Leicester was a player scoring when they should have been sent off and therefor not on the pitch.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1231: Apr 23, 2019 03:45:56 pm
      Back on track with this thread.

Klopp is the man.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1232: Apr 23, 2019 04:00:53 pm
      Back on track with this thread.

Klopp is the man.

Saw a quote from him about Wednesday's Manchester derby game that cracked me up. It was in regards to City dropping points and he said something along the lines of "...it is not something that we can influence, and from the looks of it, neither can United".

It was a beautiful dig at them.

EDIT: found it. Here is the link

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-fans-respond-klopps-14447561

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1233: Apr 23, 2019 04:04:37 pm
      Saw a quote from him about Wednesday's Manchester derby game that cracked me up. It was in regards to City dropping points and he said something along the lines of "...it is not something that we can influence, and from the looks of it, neither can United".

It was a beautiful dig at them.

EDIT: found it. Here is the link

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-fans-respond-klopps-14447561

Virgil made one too. Virgil was asked about United doing us a favour and he replied with "they need to do themselves a favour".
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1234: Apr 23, 2019 04:09:07 pm

Seriously though you are stretching so much to try to justify your point to make it seem valid

Sometimes we can make a point, when it's a poor one it's best to just move on.. not try for 4 months to justify it

stretching..? Try for 4 months to justify it... ?

What is the point you think I was trying to make..?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1235: Apr 23, 2019 04:12:48 pm

Yeah!... Point taken there... I tend to rush the typing, and often make mistakes.... Should proof read but don't
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1236: Apr 23, 2019 04:23:06 pm
      Looking where the team is now:
      In contention for the league.
      In the Semi Finals of the Champions League.

Gomez back and Ox not far off.

There is nothing that makes me think a normal team having to work to traditional constraints does anything different.
      In the summer I expect one or two significant signings, with the rest being replacements for whoever leaves.

Stop comparing Liverpool's (and any other team's) transfer dealings to the likes of City or PSG. 

The only thing that cost Liverpool v Leicester was a player scoring when they should have been sent off and therefor not on the pitch.

racer, It is not what I was doing... I said countless time that The Leicester game we could have won,drawn or loss even if we have bought someone/two in during the January window...

The point Rib' made which I said was a valid one was you do not weaken your team by selling during the January window

My point was it would have been prudent to bring in a CB during that window...

Now the fact that we got away with it with the cover we had was lucky

Now whether you agree with those points or not tell me what is so wrong with them...?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1237: Apr 23, 2019 04:46:19 pm
      racer, It is not what I was doing... I said countless time that The Leicester game we could have won,drawn or loss even if we have bought someone/two in during the January window...

The point Rib' made which I said was a valid one was you do not weaken your team by selling during the January window

My point was it would have been prudent to bring in a CB during that window...

Now the fact that we got away with it with the cover we had was lucky

Now whether you agree with those points or not tell me what is so wrong with them...?

Klopp said at the time that it wasn't right to sign a player for a matter of weeks.
      I think it's fair to say he lets things like Clyne going out on loan happen if it keeps the squad,
      and those in it, in a positive mindset.

I don't think that can be underestimated. Even Sturridge said it when he came back that his mindset had changed.
      Most of those that are involved seem to be on the same page.
      Klopp must be doing something right when it comes to managing player morale,
      even if that means sometimes letting the occasional player go out on loan.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1238: Apr 23, 2019 06:21:53 pm
      Klopp said at the time that it wasn't right to sign a player for a matter of weeks.
      I think it's fair to say he lets things like Clyne going out on loan happen if it keeps the squad,
      and those in it, in a positive mindset.

I don't think that can be underestimated. Even Sturridge said it when he came back that his mindset had changed.
      Most of those that are involved seem to be on the same page.
      Klopp must be doing something right when it comes to managing player morale,
      even if that means sometimes letting the occasional player go out on loan.

I did not doubt that Klopp was doing a good job morale wise...
      And did not the injury to Gomez ( Broken leg) happen in early December. Joel Matip too (Broken collar Bone) and TAA (Foot) had an Injury around the same time, and given Lovren spends more time on the sideline inured had he succumbed  to another injury we would have been playing with only on true CB...

But that did not happen, but it should not have been left to chance just because Klopp wanted to keep faith with the Lads... They should be professional enough to understand the circumstances...

Tried to answer everyone, but this is all "what If's" as it did not Happen and we are where we are now
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1239: Apr 23, 2019 06:40:48 pm
      I did not doubt that Klopp was doing a good job morale wise...
      And did not the injury to Gomez ( Broken leg) happen in early December. Joel Matip too (Broken collar Bone) and TAA (Foot) had an Injury around the same time, and given Lovren spends more time on the sideline inured had he succumbed  to another injury we would have been playing with only on true CB...

But that did not happen, but it should not have been left to chance just because Klopp wanted to keep faith with the Lads... They should be professional enough to understand the circumstances...

Tried to answer everyone, but this is all "what If's" as it did not Happen and we are where we are now

You do realise that registering another player in one position then takes a space away from another on the pitch right.

I’ve given you a break down before of the number of CBs registered for teams in the league and the majority of teams only have 4, some even only had 3. There is a limit on squad size and 4 CBs is plenty when you have a player like Fab who can fill in there just as good as another CB.

You can’t be signing players just for the sake of it incase 3 out 4 CBs get injured and then assume nobody else has the versatility to fill in.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1240: Apr 24, 2019 03:36:53 am

Yes it is, but unless we in the title it means nothing

And if we did 'strengthen', it wouldn't be the first time it caused a club to lose points either, as a player beds in, would it? 
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1241: Apr 24, 2019 09:57:31 am
      it is not something that we can influence, and from the looks of it, neither can United

Brilliant. Klopp's a proper scouse manager, all the  skills, tactics and the wit to go with it.

Quick Reply