Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186670 times
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1449: May 08, 2019 10:01:39 am
      What a man is our Jürgen. Thanks boss for another memorable occasion. YNWA
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1450: May 08, 2019 10:13:54 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1451: May 08, 2019 10:26:14 am
      “This means more”....
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1452: May 08, 2019 10:32:03 am
      Don't know what Klopp said to the team before the kick off and especially at half time. but everybody played their part a last night...
      Thank you Boss
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1453: May 08, 2019 01:33:31 pm
      Don't know what Klopp said to the team before the kick off and especially at half time. but everybody played their part a last night...
      Thank you Boss

Hendo said his words inspired all of them. He basically said if their is one team in the world who could do this it is them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1454: May 08, 2019 01:49:50 pm
      Thank you Boss

Something along the lines of...

If I had another set of players then I doubt we can overturn the first leg result & win the tie...but I’ve got you guys & you guys are special & I know you can do it.. 👊🏼
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1455: May 08, 2019 02:45:25 pm
      Thank you Boss

He said to them, "Look, this is not possible normally, but because it's you we have a chance".

The man is a genius. If he wins either the CL or the league, he should be given the freedom of the city.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1456: May 08, 2019 05:04:57 pm
      Thank you!!! Well done for motivating the players because many would have died after last Wednesday!
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1457: May 08, 2019 05:21:02 pm
      Unreal boss thank you
      Ynwa
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1458: May 08, 2019 05:22:54 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1459: May 09, 2019 07:50:06 am
      Surely, surely this is His and Our Time.

3 European Finals he's taken us too. Absolutelyfuckingamazing!

Time to give him something back lads. He's earned it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1460: May 09, 2019 10:37:18 am

Your still a manc in disguised you Aussie tw*t.  :f_whistle: However, yeah Klopp deserves one before you lot. ;D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1461: May 09, 2019 04:29:44 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1462: May 09, 2019 10:37:31 pm

He so deserves to be seen as the best Coach in football . He embodies everything good about this club and despite it being 60 years apart he still reflect the values of Bill Shankly perfectly and that can only be a good thing. Can you imagine Jürgen sitting down with the boot room lads he would have fitted in perfectly
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1463: May 10, 2019 09:36:04 am
      Jürgen is an outstanding leader, motivator and man manager of that there’s no doubt.

BUT

Can we now put to bed the ridiculous notion that’s all he is?

He is tactically phenomenal - him and team read and understand the game magnificently and we are set up to trap the oppo and impose ourself week in week out.

The level of sophistication is extraordinarily high. The notion that we’re all about a high press is ludicrous.

Right now we’re as well drilled and technical an outfit as there is in world football.

Well in boss - just keep on keeping on!

PS: Buvac?
      +15
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1464: May 10, 2019 10:21:38 am
      Jürgen is an outstanding leader, motivator and man manager of that there’s no doubt.

BUT

He is tactically phenomenal - him and team read and understand the game magnificently and we are set up to trap the oppo and impose ourself week in week out.

The level of sophistication is extraordinarily high. The notion that we’re all about a high press is ludicrous.

Right now we’re as well drilled and technical an outfit as there is in world football.

Great post.

I'll admit early on I didn't think he was as tactical a coach as he's proven to be. For me it seemed he relied on our game, pressing and dominating the opposition to get wins.

He's far more than that as this season in particular has shown. While still very much focusing on our game he sets up this side to play our game and also a nullify the opposition.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1465: May 10, 2019 11:05:42 am
      Word is he’s in line for a new 5 year deal soon. Hope it’s true but let’s make it 20 eh?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1466: May 10, 2019 11:20:40 am

BUT

Well, you got to give some credit to Pep (assistant coach) too. It's no co incidence that we have changed our approach to games since he came
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1467: May 10, 2019 11:34:14 am

BUT

Agree with all that apart from possibly his in game management and reacting to a change of circumstance.

That’s where Rafa is the king and although it irks me to admit it Mourinho is also top notch.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1468: May 10, 2019 11:42:19 am
      Agree with all that apart from possibly his in game management and reacting to a change of circumstance.

That’s where Rafa is the king and although it irks me to admit it Mourinho is also top notch.

Think that's a little overrated as well, ie the criticism of that. How many games have been pulled out of the fire this season?

Still see a load criticising him for bringing Firmino on "too late" at Barca - considering the lad is still out until the final, I would say he was his "smash the glass" option and as such was really avoiding the use.

In a season that we've accrued at least 94 points and are in the CL final, having pulled so many games out late, I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that he's lacking something that Rafa and Mourinho have more of?

No criticism of you by the way, more a response to the general narrative. He's not perfect, but I don't think he's any worse than those mentioned.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1469: May 10, 2019 11:44:58 am
      Think that's a little overrated as well, ie the criticism of that. How many games have been pulled out of the fire this season?

Still see a load criticising him for bringing Firmino on "too late" at Barca - considering the lad is still out until the final, I would say he was his "smash the glass" option and as such was really avoiding the use.

In a season that we've accrued at least 94 points and are in the CL final, having pulled so many games out late, I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that he's lacking something that Rafa and Mourinho have more of?

No criticism of you by the way, more a response to the general narrative. He's not perfect, but I don't think he's any worse than those mentioned.

Not a criticism from myself just an observation, eh he can’t be brilliant at everything  :D

And besides he has more in his locker than Rafa and Mourinho.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1470: May 10, 2019 11:49:50 am
      Not a criticism from myself just an observation, eh he can’t be brilliant at everything  :D

And besides he has more in his locker than Rafa and Mourinho.

:D

Fair enough. I'm sure if everything goes the way we hope over the next few years though, we'll all come back in here and go "Yeah mate, he's boss at literally everything. Shits out gold I heard from a lad that knows a lad."
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1471: May 10, 2019 12:22:50 pm

100% agree - I think like the “motivator” but it’s a lazy narrative. Not aimed at the original poster generally btw just that point.

The number of games won from losing positions and in last 15 mins gives lie to it for me.

Quick Reply