Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186637 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1472: May 10, 2019 12:29:09 pm
      100% agree - I think like the “motivator” but it’s a lazy narrative. Not aimed at the original poster generally btw just that point.

The number of games won from losing positions and in last 15 mins gives lie to it for me.

People said exctly the same things about Rafa; "he doesn't mke subs until 70 mins, and it's too late by then" or "he always brings on the wrong sub".
      It is indeed a lazy narrative.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1473: May 10, 2019 12:47:53 pm
      100% agree - I think like the “motivator” but it’s a lazy narrative. Not aimed at the original poster generally btw just that point.

The number of games won from losing positions and in last 15 mins gives lie to it for me.

People said exctly the same things about Rafa; "he doesn't mke subs until 70 mins, and it's too late by then" or "he always brings on the wrong sub".
      It is indeed a lazy narrative.

Agreed with both. Honestly probably one of the laziest things fans do in their "analysis" is moan about subs being too late. It's always too late if its not going right, its always perfect if it works.

You can analyse subs and decisions made in game, no worries with that. Just the way it's often done by fans is lazy at best.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1474: May 10, 2019 01:13:16 pm
      Agreed with both. Honestly probably one of the laziest things fans do in their "analysis" is moan about subs being too late. It's always too late if its not going right, its always perfect if it works.

You can analyse subs and decisions made in game, no worries with that. Just the way it's often done by fans is lazy at best.

A lot of it comes from what self styled "experts" post on twitter.

So not only lazy, but plagiarism ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1475: May 10, 2019 01:22:30 pm
      I have a simple understanding of my posts. I don't post anything I wouldn't be happy to say whilst standing in the Old Kop or in one of the Pubs on County road. Some of the nonsense posted on here would actually mean a bloody nose at the very least with a chorus of "Oi softarse shut the F**k up" of course now everyone is "entitled". The constant battle about the quality of our midfield with the refusal to understand what Jürgen wanted from them and how our two wing backs were our major attacking supply was just mind blowingly boring.
      We even got stick for saying we support Jürgen's tactics and team selections and whilst we are on course for a season of all season we still got the "experts" questioning everything.
      Its why I take a break every now and then it just gets insane on here at times if you cant simply sit back and appreciate what Jürgen and this team has done this season then what is the point.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1476: May 10, 2019 03:04:10 pm
      Athleticism of players nowadays means that the 60th minute sub is not the gold standard anymore, and hasn't been for some while.

The Ajax Spurs game was notable for me because I think it's the first time I've seen a team 'tired' this season when they hit about 70 minutes.

Couple that with the fact that way Liverpool play football the last thing you want to be doing is giving the opposition a free 'breather' at the 60th, 62nd, 64th minute mark.

then it just gets insane on here at times if you cant simply sit back and appreciate what Jürgen and this team has done this season then what is the point.

Not sure I recognise your analysis.

The overwhelming majority of Liverpool fans on here, on the planet, on social media, at the match, in the pub have always been extremely supportive of Klopp.  It has never 'got insane' on here with criticism of him.  Seems an extremely odd point to try and make.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1477: May 10, 2019 04:19:27 pm
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1478: May 10, 2019 04:47:45 pm
      That guy deserves to have his club managed by Rafa Benitez!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1479: May 10, 2019 04:51:52 pm
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1480: May 10, 2019 05:13:24 pm
      Seemingly brilliant motivator, has the players pulling in one direction. Whatever happens in the last two games of the season, has done his level best to bring success to the club. Like everyone else I just hope all the hard work put in by manager & players brings a trophy or two, they so richly deserve.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1481: May 10, 2019 05:37:55 pm
      Athleticism of players nowadays means that the 60th minute sub is not the gold standard anymore, and hasn't been for some while.

The Ajax Spurs game was notable for me because I think it's the first time I've seen a team 'tired' this season when they hit about 70 minutes.

Couple that with the fact that way Liverpool play football the last thing you want to be doing is giving the opposition a free 'breather' at the 60th, 62nd, 64th minute mark.

Not sure I recognise your analysis.

The overwhelming majority of Liverpool fans on here, on the planet, on social media, at the match, in the pub have always been extremely supportive of Klopp.  It has never 'got insane' on here with criticism of him.  Seems an extremely odd point to try and make.

the double pivot saga.
      the Henderson,Milner, Gini outrage should never play together ever again group.
      the Henderson attacks some really disgusting attacks on a Liverpool player from so called Liverpool fans then attacking Henderson Fanboys who defended him
      the lack of creativity from midfield .
      just off the top of my head if I spent some time I could find some cracking posts suggest Jürgen needs to go if he doesn't win something this season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1482: May 10, 2019 06:08:14 pm
      the double pivot saga.
      the Henderson,Milner, Gini outrage should never play together ever again group.
      the Henderson attacks some really disgusting attacks on a Liverpool player from so called Liverpool fans then attacking Henderson Fanboys who defended him
      the lack of creativity from midfield .
      just off the top of my head if I spent some time I could find some cracking posts suggest Jürgen needs to go if he doesn't win something this season.

There's obviously been some criticism of some of his decisions on here but you'll get that with any manager.

The only people suggestion he should go are the posters who spend the rest of their time munching crayons so I wouldn't pay much attention to that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1483: May 10, 2019 09:12:20 pm
      Lots of Silverware up for grabs. The league and Champions League, followed by the Community Shield (unless by some miracle Watford win the FA Cup) and potentially the Super Cup and Club World Cup depending how the game vs Spurs goes.

Obviously only the first 2 I listed have any real meaning to them, but for a team that’s got 1 trophy in 12/13 years, it’s a good chance for us to get right back amongst it and winning some finals and get the dust out the cabinet.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1484: May 10, 2019 10:01:40 pm
      Lots of Silverware up for grabs. The league and Champions League, followed by the Community Shield (unless by some miracle Watford win the FA Cup) and potentially the Super Cup and Club World Cup depending how the game vs Spurs goes.

Obviously only the first 2 I listed have any real meaning to them, but for a team that’s got 1 trophy in 12/13 years, it’s a good chance for us to get right back amongst it and winning some finals and get the dust out the cabinet.

Yep at this stage of Klopps time here all the trophies will add up nicely. It's the only thing missing from his time here and just like Rafa a champions league trophy will cement his legacy.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1485: May 10, 2019 10:45:27 pm

Ha. Only saw it today.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1486: May 11, 2019 01:55:13 am
      I have a simple understanding of my posts. I don't post anything I wouldn't be happy to say whilst standing in the Old Kop or in one of the Pubs on County road. Some of the nonsense posted on here would actually mean a bloody nose at the very least with a chorus of "Oi softarse shut the f**k up" of course now everyone is "entitled". The constant battle about the quality of our midfield with the refusal to understand what Jürgen wanted from them and how our two wing backs were our major attacking supply was just mind blowingly boring.
      We even got stick for saying we support Jürgen's tactics and team selections and whilst we are on course for a season of all season we still got the "experts" questioning everything.
      Its why I take a break every now and then it just gets insane on here at times if you cant simply sit back and appreciate what Jürgen and this team has done this season then what is the point.

Welcome to the internet, you may not like it here ;)

For real though, it's a good way to be, the old "if you wouldn't say it to their face" argument. I got a couple warnings in college from the owners of my local in Oregon about me standing by those principles and pissing off patrons that didn't like me telling them they were being cu*ts :D By and large though I think the forum's been pretty good apart from the outliers, which will happen anywhere. Twitter is the real cesspool of assholes. Had an argument with a bloke (after the bloody United City game, wasn't even after one of ours) where he was moaning that we'd bottled the entire thing, blown the league, it's our fault, Jürgen should have done more during those draws and it's on his head, etc etc etc. Bloke completely lost his head because of a game that didn't involve us at all. Irony of him calling the team bottlers did not compute.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1487: May 11, 2019 04:48:29 am
      The reality is he is the best Manager on the planet right now, ppl say, Ah but, hes won f**k all, maybe so, but he will....just a little more time and he will....

....better than Pep , better than Jose, better than ZZ, better then Ancelotti and yes even better than our beloved Rafa, Ah but, he hasn't won f**k all....

Do you think we are the finished article ?

Managers will always want to improve on what they have in general of course but, i just don't think Jürgen has finished his rebuild yet,
      "The Working Progress isn't quite over"

Naby coming in this season was never the last piece in the Jürgen  jigsaw,  so if we're not yet the finished article,  a rather loose term i know,  and the fact that this bloke has taken us to three major European finals within four complete season's, taken us to the Final day of a still undecided campaign  and possible Champions thereof, has us playing a brand of football matched only by one other in City, 'the best team in the entirety of the premier league era, apparently,
      Maybe the world, ha,

Carra mentioned that City are on the brink of a period of total domination,  Really ?

Not sure about that tbh, ok they stand as current champions,  most likely to retain it, but what if they don't,  what if they drew at Brighton on Sunday, that would give us the title, providing we win of course, and if so, could it not be argued therefore that we could be on the cusp of dominating,  considering we are not the finished article....
      Jürgen Klopp...BEST manager on the planet....Well if Carlsberg did manager's....?

YNWA

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1488: May 11, 2019 08:34:26 am
      Just like Bill Shankly brought this club back to life so has Jürgen Klopp.Liverpool needed a manager like Jürgen and he needs to be at a club like Liverpool to show off his managerial talents.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1489: May 11, 2019 08:48:06 am
      The reality is he is the best Manager on the planet right now, ppl say, Ah but, hes won f**k all, maybe so, but he will....just a little more time and he will....

....better than Pep , better than Jose, better than ZZ, better then Ancelotti and yes even better than our beloved Rafa, Ah but, he hasn't won f**k all....

Do you think we are the finished article ?

Managers will always want to improve on what they have in general of course but, i just don't think Jürgen has finished his rebuild yet,
      "The Working Progress isn't quite over"

Naby coming in this season was never the last piece in the Jürgen  jigsaw,  so if we're not yet the finished article,  a rather loose term i know,  and the fact that this bloke has taken us to three major European finals within four complete season's, taken us to the Final day of a still undecided campaign  and possible Champions thereof, has us playing a brand of football matched only by one other in City, 'the best team in the entirety of the premier league era, apparently,
      Maybe the world, ha,

Carra mentioned that City are on the brink of a period of total domination,  Really ?

Not sure about that tbh, ok they stand as current champions,  most likely to retain it, but what if they don't,  what if they drew at Brighton on Sunday, that would give us the title, providing we win of course, and if so, could it not be argued therefore that we could be on the cusp of dominating,  considering we are not the finished article....
      Jürgen Klopp...BEST manager on the planet....Well if Carlsberg did manager's....?

YNWA

Remember too that Rafa had a strong core of players when he first arrived. Hamman, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Gerrard, Riise then he added Alonso and Garcia, really strong players in their positions, a team that qualified to the CL. Granted he did not have the strike force he wanted but neither did Klopp when he first arrived and Klopp had to deal with some of the sh*t buys that Rodgers' did. We were just mediocre and Klopp elevated us to a f*cking world class team that will probably end with 97 points this season. He got us to 4 finals now and hopefully we win the CL this season.

If that's not improvement, then I don't know what is.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1490: May 11, 2019 10:16:55 am
      Just like Bill Shankly brought this club back to life so has Jürgen Klopp.Liverpool needed a manager like Jürgen and he needs to be at a club like Liverpool to show off his managerial talents.

He speaks different words than Shankly but they have the same effect Jürgen could have been a "boot room" graduate and it goes to show what was right 60 years ago is right now. It starts with attitude and belief in each other and an understanding of what people have emotionally invested in this club over generations. Now we have our Fortress again and that knowledge if we kick into the Kop we can do anything. Going on the other night we might need to change the "12th" man to the "13th" they were that influential
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #1491: May 11, 2019 05:54:47 pm
      Whats all this interest from Juve about re Klopp?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1492: May 12, 2019 01:24:21 am
      I really hope he gets to lift 2 Trophies over the next few weeks. The Man deserves it!
      Kopite78
      Reply #1493: May 12, 2019 07:08:26 am
      Whats all this interest from Juve about re Klopp?

Don't know..  not heard it but there will be less than 0.0000000001 % chance Jürgen is interested though
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1494: May 12, 2019 08:42:05 am
      I really hope he gets to lift 2 Trophies over the next few weeks. The Man deserves it!

He does deserve two trophies but you deserve F**k all  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply